Author Topic: tanner van vark rough cut 3 seasons  (Read 1265 times)

ApesPissed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 58
tanner van vark rough cut 3 seasons
« on: May 25, 2023, 08:20:53 PM »
http://youtu.be/NK1rdSO8Lyo

dude is so good. Some of the scariest bails I've seen in a while on his ender.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2023, 08:28:05 PM by ApesPissed »

slimvanilla

Re: tanner van vark rough cut 3 seasons
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2023, 09:54:15 PM »
real team gotta be the most stacked roster. everyone is sick

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2023, 10:06:14 PM »
Been getting kinda numb to tricks into banks lately but that ender is a truly horrifying spot

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2023, 10:12:06 PM »
He's so sick. One of the best out there right now.

Only thing I hate about his parts is every time I watch one, I kinda want a pair of those Kyle Walker slip ons he wears. The tricks make them look really cool.

Bill Salt

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2023, 11:24:51 PM »
http://youtu.be/NK1rdSO8Lyo

dude is so good. Some of the scariest bails I've seen in a while on his ender.
Damn good vid.He's so stylish and precise.I like it raw.

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2023, 06:51:33 AM »
One of my favorites at the moment, gets weird without getting goofy.  Some of the stuff in here is hard to even comprehend, like you can't even really imagine it.

Mandatory Reload

• Rep: 78
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2023, 07:24:44 AM »
incredible skater. i know Real catches some flak for having a bit of a "random" team without a strong brand identity but they genuinely seem to have a great squad that are all homies and hang out and skate together all the time. Patrick Praman, Jack Olson, Tanner Van Vark, Nicole Hause, Ishod, Gage Boyle, Christian Henry, etc. they're always in each other's clips hyping each other up and just kickin' it. idk, i get a good vibe from the whole Real program personally, and they clearly have some of the most talented skateboarders in the world on their team. the art direction is a bit bland for sure but i don't really get the hate. i enjoy their output personally.

peacepappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -96
  • tae-tae
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2023, 10:45:00 AM »
kinda generic but his tricks stand out. Didn't before but I like (some of) his skating. the way he stands on and comes out of these alleyoop 50's is super stellar
ohyeahohyeah

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2023, 10:47:46 AM »
kinda generic but his tricks stand out. Didn't before but I like (some of) his skating. the way he stands on and comes out of these alleyoop 50's is super stellar
Can you tell me what you find "kinda generic" about this guy I don't see anyone else skating like him at all.

OwlGreen

• Rep: -127
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2023, 04:50:10 AM »
Talented, yes, but if you do it in KWalks slip-ons, it doesn't count. And just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. But if you must, the awkwardness of awkward tricks needs to be offset by sartorial tastefullness. See Gino. It's a crime against God when this guy wears a baseball cap. I think Jamie was onto something telling his riders exactly what to wear.

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 411
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2023, 07:11:56 AM »
Talented, yes, but if you do it in KWalks slip-ons, it doesn't count. And just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. But if you must, the awkwardness of awkward tricks needs to be offset by sartorial tastefullness. See Gino. It's a crime against God when this guy wears a baseball cap. I think Jamie was onto something telling his riders exactly what to wear.

Gino has done an awkward trick?

OwlGreen

• Rep: -127
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2023, 12:16:52 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Fakie Varial flip, front nose to fakie, 3 shuvs, 360 ollies, no-comply shit. Gino broke a lot of unwritten rules about what tricks were acceptable at the time. He changed the rules. Resurrected a bunch of shit that people thought was wack because it was a bit old-school. Like scooped 360 ollies. When it came out in the 411 opener in like '96, the fakie varial flip was awkward as fuck. Chris Keefe said it best, he would take an unacceptable trick and make it acceptable.

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 566
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2023, 02:16:27 PM »
I'm liking these rough cuts way more than the actual video. Something about Real's edits never grabs my attention, but I can watch these all day

bob george

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 199
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2023, 04:59:10 PM »
I'm liking these rough cuts way more than the actual video. Something about Real's edits never grabs my attention, but I can watch these all day

I find most rough cuts these days a lot more engaging than the actual videos. i wonder if anyone could actually edit a rough cut successfully with music - make it not seem dumb/too long/awkward but still show the work that goes in. Doesn't have to be for every trick, but the occasional try or a few tries before the actual make.
that skinny motherfucker with the high voice

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 411
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2023, 06:10:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Fakie Varial flip, front nose to fakie, 3 shuvs, 360 ollies, no-comply shit. Gino broke a lot of unwritten rules about what tricks were acceptable at the time. He changed the rules. Resurrected a bunch of shit that people thought was wack because it was a bit old-school. Like scooped 360 ollies. When it came out in the 411 opener in like '96, the fakie varial flip was awkward as fuck. Chris Keefe said it best, he would take an unacceptable trick and make it acceptable.

Fair enough. I'd still say it has more to do with Gino's style on a board than his clothing choices though, although these certainly didn't hurt

WorldsbestWeedsm0ker

• Rep: -158
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2023, 06:27:37 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Can you tell me what you find "kinda generic" about this guy I don't see anyone else skating like him at all.
He gives me summer camp kid vibes - he’s super good but he doesn’t have very notable style on board despite trying with some cool wall rides / 5050s . And he dresses like a high-school pac sun employee from 2014

waved and warped
RIP fugluk (Tristan)

backside_frontside

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -291
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2023, 07:14:52 AM »
The 50-50 up to backside 180 switch 50-50 down was fucked up. That seems really dicey. Lots of other cool clips to. Switch hurricane was sick. But yeah he doesn’t wear trendy clothes so he must be generic lol.