Author Topic: Thrasher cover w nico  (Read 2226 times)

citycity

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -98
Thrasher cover w nico
« on: May 28, 2023, 07:27:20 AM »
Tone sincere, cool cover. Was this dude part of the original OF crew? He skated for illegal civ is that correct? What’s the dudes deal. He walkways rips and has a unique style I don’t love but he rips real good at skating. He hates wearing shirts. Wonder if he put on a shirt for the cover. Please explain more about this man.

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 360
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Thrasher cover w nico
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2023, 08:22:04 AM »
My friend grew up with him and told me in jr high he claimed to have smoked some bammer and got diarrhea as a result. She also referred to him as “a ham”. That’s all I got.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

biaherl

• Rep: 267
    • Why So Sad avatar image
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2023, 09:32:46 AM »
I saw Nico at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

citycity

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2023, 03:14:52 PM »
Sick

Curbyourenthusiasm

• Rep: 17
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2023, 03:46:06 PM »
Saw him skating a spot in sf and spitting all over the ground around the ledges constantly. Worthless, narcissistic clown baby.

kook1234

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2023, 05:53:21 PM »
In 2016 the Illegal Civ team were scheduled for a demo/signing at my local shop in a small town in Sweden with a skate park just outside the shop. Unfortunately , it was raining so the whole team just sat inside the shop behind the counter. The shop owner had pre-produced a bunch of square sized flyers which the team members could sign for the kids.

The kids lined up from left to right by the counter getting their flyer signed by each team member and Nico was sitting far most right, being the last one to sign the flyer. The ceiling in the shop was made of some sort of rubbery material and Nico noticed this. When it was Nicos turn to sign the flyer, he signed it, then he would just throw it straight up into the ceiling to see if it would get stuck (in the same way those card throwers can throw playing cards you know).

Luckily, Nico failed to get the flyers to stick to the ceiling so the kids just picked up their flyer with all the autographs from the floor after he'd thrown them. This went on for a while and no one said anything but it sort of became this weird game that everyone in the shop was silently focusing in on. Which kid would be the unlucky one to have his flyer stuck in the ceiling too far to reach?

Then bam! One flyer got stuck in the ceiling. One chubby kid, maybe 10-12 years old became the goose in this duck, duck goose type game. The kid didn't know what to do. His friends laughed at his misfortune. Now, you would think that Nico or the shop owner would simply grab the sticker and give it to the kid but no. Nico just kept on signing and throwing flyers and the shop owner didn't seem like he could care less.

The kid realized he had to try to grab it himself. He started jumping up and down but wasn't even close to reach the ceiling. You could see how the kid became more and more desperate. His friends stopped laughing and instead tried to help him but they couldn't reach it either so they went and got a chair the chubby kid could stand on to reach it. The Chubby kid stood on the chair and was just a few inches from grabbing the flyer when Nico noticed what was going on.

"DON'T YOU FUCKING TOUCH THAT!!!", Nico screamed right in the kid's face as he stood on the chair with his fingers hovering the flyer. The whole shop went silent. The kid just froze for a few seconds then just stepped down from the chair without getting his flyer. Nico turned his head back towards the counter and continued to sign flyers and eventually the silence turned into to the usual murmur and the signing continued.

I watched all this from a safe distance and it was such a surreal moment. I found it hard to describe in text but it was truly weird and not good weird. You could touch the awkwardness in the air. There were so many adults there (the shop owner and a bunch of parents) and no one stepped in. Everyone (including the other team members) just went silent by sheer shock. I can only imagine how humiliating this must've been for the poor kid. All eyes were on him and his absolute helplessness in the situation at hand. If Nico was his favorite skater before this event, I very much doubt he was afterwards.

icedancer

• Rep: -11
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2023, 12:05:50 AM »
In 2016 the Illegal Civ team were scheduled for a demo/signing at my local shop in a small town in Sweden with a skate park just outside the shop. Unfortunately , it was raining so the whole team just sat inside the shop behind the counter. The shop owner had pre-produced a bunch of square sized flyers which the team members could sign for the kids.

The kids lined up from left to right by the counter getting their flyer signed by each team member and Nico was sitting far most right, being the last one to sign the flyer. The ceiling in the shop was made of some sort of rubbery material and Nico noticed this. When it was Nicos turn to sign the flyer, he signed it, then he would just throw it straight up into the ceiling to see if it would get stuck (in the same way those card throwers can throw playing cards you know).

Luckily, Nico failed to get the flyers to stick to the ceiling so the kids just picked up their flyer with all the autographs from the floor after he'd thrown them. This went on for a while and no one said anything but it sort of became this weird game that everyone in the shop was silently focusing in on. Which kid would be the unlucky one to have his flyer stuck in the ceiling too far to reach?

Then bam! One flyer got stuck in the ceiling. One chubby kid, maybe 10-12 years old became the goose in this duck, duck goose type game. The kid didn't know what to do. His friends laughed at his misfortune. Now, you would think that Nico or the shop owner would simply grab the sticker and give it to the kid but no. Nico just kept on signing and throwing flyers and the shop owner didn't seem like he could care less.

The kid realized he had to try to grab it himself. He started jumping up and down but wasn't even close to reach the ceiling. You could see how the kid became more and more desperate. His friends stopped laughing and instead tried to help him but they couldn't reach it either so they went and got a chair the chubby kid could stand on to reach it. The Chubby kid stood on the chair and was just a few inches from grabbing the flyer when Nico noticed what was going on.

"DON'T YOU FUCKING TOUCH THAT!!!", Nico screamed right in the kid's face as he stood on the chair with his fingers hovering the flyer. The whole shop went silent. The kid just froze for a few seconds then just stepped down from the chair without getting his flyer. Nico turned his head back towards the counter and continued to sign flyers and eventually the silence turned into to the usual murmur and the signing continued.

I watched all this from a safe distance and it was such a surreal moment. I found it hard to describe in text but it was truly weird and not good weird. You could touch the awkwardness in the air. There were so many adults there (the shop owner and a bunch of parents) and no one stepped in. Everyone (including the other team members) just went silent by sheer shock. I can only imagine how humiliating this must've been for the poor kid. All eyes were on him and his absolute helplessness in the situation at hand. If Nico was his favorite skater before this event, I very much doubt he was afterwards.
Would gnar if I could.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1938
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2023, 01:05:41 AM »

Beautiful use of a more recent Ethan Fowler copypasta, love it
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

rukes

• Rep: 216
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2023, 02:01:20 AM »
I was at an Italian restaurant awhile back, and the Illegal Cive team was seated at the next table.

Anyway, so I says to the waiter, I says 'Can I please get the Linguine Alla Puttanesca, an order of bread and a glass of the house red. And waiter, can you please ask the chef to ensure the pasta is al dente?'

Anyway, so I look up from the menu, and at the Illegal Civ table, Nico is looking me straight in the eyes, and gives me a weird look.

He calls the waiter over and says at a volume that everyone can hear, he says 'May I have the Linguine Alla Puttanesca, and can you ensure that it is cooked Al dente' and loudly emphasises the 'al dente' and everyone in the restaurant laughed and pointed at me and I was shamed terribly.

Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

GeorgeCostanza

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2023, 02:18:16 AM »
i’ve never really understood why nico is so well liked by that illegal civ crew after the racist shit he said to benny fairfax
So Colllin have the same t-shirts, seven years by now, at least...

citycity

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2023, 03:11:37 AM »
Yo he is a good skater but I think it’s wild that he got a cover. Open my mailbox like wtf

WorldsbestWeedsm0ker

• Rep: -158
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2023, 08:06:19 AM »

Nico n crew
waved and warped
RIP fugluk (Tristan)

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -457
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2023, 08:09:42 AM »
i’ve never really understood why nico is so well liked by that illegal civ crew after the racist shit he said to benny fairfax
details on this please

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

WPG

• Rep: -2
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2023, 08:42:37 AM »
Probably wasn't in the original OF crew I'd assume he was just someone Tyler met through skating/mutual friends and he did some modelling for GolfWang around when Cherry Bomb came out (2015) but that's already near the end of Odd Future as a group.

He got the cover because it was a passable photo and he was wearing a SF Giants jersey, any other outfit and no one would've remembered seeing the pic in a mag
Muska, Chillin Chillin
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson flight decks

cherrybomb

• Rep: -1
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2023, 10:53:36 AM »
Probably wasn't in the original OF crew I'd assume he was just someone Tyler met through skating/mutual friends and he did some modelling for GolfWang around when Cherry Bomb came out (2015) but that's already near the end of Odd Future as a group.

He got the cover because it was a passable photo and he was wearing a SF Giants jersey, any other outfit and no one would've remembered seeing the pic in a mag

Exactly this, OP. Saw him modeling in a Golfwang lookbook. He also had an ad for Golfwang in thrasher in 2015. I like dude's style, met him once at a spot in Van Nuys. He was cool, I'm a fan.

Rubbrick

• Rep: 140
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2023, 01:50:12 PM »
Gifted Hater was saying that this cover is an abd. Who did it already?

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 458
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2023, 02:18:24 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
details on this please

I think people are now just attributing things Ethan Fowler did to this lad I know nothing about for jokes. I knew I recognized that big story up there from somewhere else. Maybe it's just entirely copy pasta but it's very oddly skate specific so the original might be true? No idea...

lurkluke

• Rep: 176
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2023, 04:11:34 PM »
Gifted Hater was saying that this cover is an abd. Who did it already?

From the other thread:

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1158
  • old and in the way
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2023, 04:26:31 PM »
@citycity try using the search function before starting new threads

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=126360.0