Author Topic: “On the tip of my tongue” - Tricks you recall but can’t place  (Read 637 times)

MyUserName

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 175
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Use this space for help identifying tricks you remember being done but can’t identify who did it, where you saw it, etc.

I’ll start. I was watching Dick Rizzo’s Vans Half Cab part and when he did a long ride-on backside 5-0 (2:43 below) I was expecting him to frontside body varial out of it. He clearly doesn’t, and it got me wondering where did I see a similarly-filmed backside 5-0 body varial out? I could have sworn I saw this somewhere.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
Just for my (and maybe some others) sanity who fakie backside nosegrinded over the spot at 0:35?

For the long fakie backside nosegrind thread must have found nearly every other similar trick over it

Allez_Jambon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 149
Re: “On the tip of my tongue” - Tricks you recall but can’t place
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2023, 06:42:26 AM »
I remember seeming somebody (black dude goofy foot) Ollie from the middle of the bleachers/ledges over the rail at the amphitheater or whatever section of VAPA/Ramon Cortines. I saw it on Instagram a while ago but no clue who it was. That distance, height, and drop is huge.

Backslide Tale Slaw

• Rep: 4
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2023, 12:51:44 PM »
I'd love to see footage of a trick called a "potato gun".
it's some kind of air (maybe fakie ollie) body varial thing where you end up grabbing the tail and slapping the nose on the coping on the way back in. A long time ago I swear the Thrasher website had a gif sequence of someone doing one. Searching gets me no where.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2023, 08:38:56 PM »
I'd love to see footage of a trick called a "potato gun".
it's some kind of air (maybe fakie ollie) body varial thing where you end up grabbing the tail and slapping the nose on the coping on the way back in. A long time ago I swear the Thrasher website had a gif sequence of someone doing one. Searching gets me no where.
Honestly we could have a whole thread dedicated to finding clips of obscure vert tricks. It's pretty fascinating how vert trick names generally have an opposite trajectory that street. Like some teenager in 1980-whatever was like "yeah let's call that one a 'feline fumble'" and vert skaters decided to run with it for 40 years.

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

Sangriawaterfall

• Rep: 34
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2023, 10:14:58 PM »
That sounds like something Daniel Vargas would do