Author Topic: HOT LITTLE TAKES  (Read 29981 times)

Kook Me Amadeus

Re: HOT LITTLE TAKES
« Reply #480 on: May 16, 2023, 04:57:47 PM »
I like skateboarding.

Mean salto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #481 on: May 16, 2023, 08:50:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Skateboarding (and consumerist youth culture in general) is about to fall off a cliff
[close]

Not disagreeing, but what do you see those things being replaced by?
[close]

I can see this happening too, although I don't know and can't guess an alternative. I have noticed this, if it has any connection at all... Has anyone else noticed this...

I have always loved thrifting and it's always a fairly successful endeavor. But in the last 3-6 months or so, it seems like any thrift store I go to is always cleaned out. Like hardly any product. I have noticed similar things in stores like CVS or Target... seems like they have much less product available.

Are companies selling less? Or are people all trying to save money and shopping at thrift stores more often? What do we think, Slapsters?
[close]

Some people who don't want a regular job go to thrift stores then flip it online for way more money.
Or the bigger hussle of getting a job at the thrift store and taking all the best stuff for yourself and selling it privately

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #482 on: June 04, 2023, 06:35:16 PM »
What Fos said on Nine Club is super true- there’s a lot of people looking for some unique expression with their boards.  Obviously some people gravitate to the standards, but products like the Eggzilla or short wheelbases or what have you, that cater to the extremes, seem to find a bigger audience these days.

bob george

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 207
« Reply #483 on: June 04, 2023, 09:47:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Skateboarding (and consumerist youth culture in general) is about to fall off a cliff
[close]

Not disagreeing, but what do you see those things being replaced by?
[close]

I can see this happening too, although I don't know and can't guess an alternative. I have noticed this, if it has any connection at all... Has anyone else noticed this...

I have always loved thrifting and it's always a fairly successful endeavor. But in the last 3-6 months or so, it seems like any thrift store I go to is always cleaned out. Like hardly any product. I have noticed similar things in stores like CVS or Target... seems like they have much less product available.

Are companies selling less? Or are people all trying to save money and shopping at thrift stores more often? What do we think, Slapsters?
[close]

Some people who don't want a regular job go to thrift stores then flip it online for way more money.
[close]
Or the bigger hussle of getting a job at the thrift store and taking all the best stuff for yourself and selling it privately
Or even the much bigger hustle of being on the dole and "volunteering" at the sorting centre before the clothes even get to the op shop and getting literal tonnes of clothes for almost free - then selling it privately.
that skinny motherfucker with the high voice