Author Topic: Austyn Gillette on Rassvet?  (Read 10999 times)

beerleagueboarder

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
Austyn Gillette on Rassvet?
« on: June 07, 2023, 02:18:22 PM »
Is Austyn Gillette trying to get on/skating for Rassvet? I know with his involvement in Globe, he's added Val Bauer to that camp and I've seen Cambryan skating in Dover's and Gillette's as well. In addition to that, he's had a couple of ads now in Rassvet's apparel line and he's been skating with Tolya and the rest of the Rassvet dudes a ton as of late (Tolya just filmed Austyn and Sammy Montano in Barcelona). I could see why he wants to skate for them (i.e. aesthetic as well as their apparel is produced by Comme De Garcons), just wondering if anyone else noticed that or has heard more talks of a transition off Habitat.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2023, 02:25:29 PM by beerleagueboarder »

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
Re: Austyn Gillette on Rassvet?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2023, 12:28:20 AM »
Is Austyn Gillette trying to get on/skating for Rassvet? I know with his involvement in Globe, he's added Val Bauer to that camp and I've seen Cambryan skating in Dover's and Gillette's as well. In addition to that, he's had a couple of ads now in Rassvet's apparel line and he's been skating with Tolya and the rest of the Rassvet dudes a ton as of late (Tolya just filmed Austyn and Sammy Montano in Barcelona). I could see why he wants to skate for them (i.e. aesthetic as well as their apparel is produced by Comme De Garcons), just wondering if anyone else noticed that or has heard more talks of a transition off Habitat.

Gosha Rubchinskiy was part of CDG, but do you have any source on the apparel being produced by CDG?

icedancer

• Rep: -11
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2023, 01:01:15 AM »
Both Austyn and Sammy on Rassvet would be pretty cool actually.

håkanhellström

• Rep: -42
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2023, 09:07:39 AM »
Is rassvet just a russian bootleg version of fa?

doublesteveburger

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2023, 09:15:30 AM »
in russa rassvet is on austyn gillette

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2023, 09:21:04 AM »
i mean, he owns former, i feel like it would be weird to skate for another clothing company, but what do i know

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

babyyeezus

• Rep: -7
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2023, 12:07:16 PM »
It’s a board sponsor, but they kinda got that Palace high end soft goods thing going on

beerleagueboarder

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2023, 02:53:52 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Gosha Rubchinskiy was part of CDG, but do you have any source on the apparel being produced by CDG?

There was a Jenkem interview (if I recall the source correctly) with Tolya from a while ago where he mentioned/alluded to the garments being produced by CDG because of Gosha's involvement in the brand and apparel design. I own a couple Rassvet pieces and they all have machine wash tags incredibly similar to CDG, not to mention the price tag and quality is  very similar.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2023, 04:28:30 PM by beerleagueboarder »

beerleagueboarder

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2023, 02:56:33 PM »
i mean, he owns former, i feel like it would be weird to skate for another clothing company, but what do i know

It’s a board sponsor, but they kinda got that Palace high end soft goods thing going on

I'd say it's like dudes that skate for brands like Polar and Passport while riding for Carhartt WIP. I think Matlok and Ebu Sanyang are good examples of that case.

icedancer

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2023, 03:30:47 PM »
Slightly off topic, but is Remy Taveira on Rassvet now too?
Also Cambryan is on Rassvet and Carhartt WIP so Austyn being on Rassvet and Former isn’t far fetched.

beerleagueboarder

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2023, 04:20:06 PM »
Slightly off topic, but is Remy Taveira on Rassvet now too?
Also Cambryan is on Rassvet and Carhartt WIP so Austyn being on Rassvet and Former isn’t far fetched.

My bet is Remy is on Polar. For a while he was in a lot of Pontus' stories with him and he was wearing a ton of Polar gear. Pontus and Remy are also good friends supposedly, and with both of them in Paris and Pontus being known to keep the team within in his friend circles (probably to avoid another K-Rod or Ville situation), I'd say that checks out the most honestly. Plus aesthetically I think his skating is most akin to Polar out of the Atlantic Drift/Isle squad.

Is there a connect with him on Rassvet?

the canadian suit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2023, 05:12:16 PM »
You good at Slap
p-shuvs and v-flips

Enrico Pallazzo

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 206
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2023, 05:22:12 PM »
Anyone have any best guesses as to Remy’s future with Polar?

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2023, 07:38:22 PM »
He’s not going to do that to Joe/Brennan/his bud’s on Habitat, especially after all the trouble returning. I think he’s finally learned his jumping ship lesson, my guess is he’s adding Cambryan, Val, and perhaps Toya to Globe.

icedancer

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2023, 07:48:32 PM »
Haha, the connection I’d made between Remy and Rassvet is that in his Jenkem hanging out video he was with that whole squad while in LA. He also had tricks in the I Missed You video.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 383
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2023, 08:06:18 PM »
He’s not going to do that to Joe/Brennan/his bud’s on Habitat, especially after all the trouble returning. I think he’s finally learned his jumping ship lesson, my guess is he’s adding Cambryan, Val, and perhaps Toya to Globe.

Agreed - I feel like it's closer to getting Rassvet people on Globe to help that rebrand along.

Steven Seagullwing

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2023, 01:58:57 AM »
speaking of cambryan, did y’all know he’s dating nick jagger’s daughter? news to me

Nick Jagger of The Rolling Tones?

kelbywest

• Rep: 1
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2023, 05:46:38 AM »
speaking of cambryan, did y’all know he’s dating nick jagger’s daughter? news to me

Who's Nick Jagger

beerleagueboarder

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2023, 09:39:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Haha, the connection I’d made between Remy and Rassvet is that in his Jenkem hanging out video he was with that whole squad while in LA. He also had tricks in the I Missed You video.
[close]

Damn, forgot about that video already. Need to rewatch, remember it being pretty insane. Cambryan's footage was also amazing. Both are under hyped and probably under paid in my opinion.

It trips me out that before Cam went to Rassvet, Carhartt WIP and Cons (pre Globe) he used to skate for shit like Becky Factory and used to be known as the back 3 kid hahaha

beerleagueboarder

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2023, 09:43:26 AM »

I'm not quite sure about that, Habitat seems to be a sinking ship more or less especially since they haven't done really anything with the really solid team that they have right now. After seeing Habitat prebooks at a local shop, I think they're on the way out again based on the graphic offerings. I'd think that when contracts run out, you'll see Austyn, Suciu and even dudes like Kaue dip real fast because of other likely stronger options out there.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1292
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2023, 10:11:42 AM »
Austyn would have done better starting a new brand under globe. I think years of irrelevant shoes and globe cruiser completes have damaged the brand beyond repair and the cool guy minimal shoe rebrand just feels off now.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3328
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2023, 10:34:27 AM »
OMG if you look at the name Rassvet you'll see the word "ass" in there LOL LOL

Number

• Rep: 22
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2023, 11:12:55 AM »
Didnt Habitat just drop a tour vid last week with the whole squad?

YMCMB

• Rep: 50
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2023, 11:25:49 AM »
Habitat seems like its lacking any sort of new blood.
Where are the next generation of pros? I like that Janoski and Marius have footy recently, but where are the upcoming kids?

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 383
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2023, 11:46:32 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm not quite sure about that, Habitat seems to be a sinking ship more or less especially since they haven't done really anything with the really solid team that they have right now. After seeing Habitat prebooks at a local shop, I think they're on the way out again based on the graphic offerings. I'd think that when contracts run out, you'll see Austyn, Suciu and even dudes like Kaue dip real fast because of other likely stronger options out there.

Yeah, because Austyn has been turning down board sponsors left and right since he left WKND.

babyyeezus

• Rep: -7
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2023, 11:57:05 AM »
Where are the next generation of pros? I like that Janoski and Marius have footy recently, but where are the upcoming kids?

They got Sean Evans and that’s about it. Fucking love his style though.

AllisonChalmers

• Rep: -40
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2023, 06:14:40 PM »
Could see Mark on Jacuzzi 2.0

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2023, 12:01:00 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

They got Sean Evans and that’s about it. Fucking love his style though.
Omg i love Hot Ones too

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2023, 03:06:35 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Who's Nick Jagger

I think he meant old Slap poster Nick Dagger.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2023, 05:11:04 AM »
Sedlick is already in Globes. Austyn on Rassvet would make sense since he seems to be in Europe a lot. Still not into it but that’s just me.