Author Topic: Dickies too big?  (Read 2747 times)

BL0B

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 414
Dickies too big?
« on: June 08, 2023, 10:03:02 PM »
seriously though, wtf? 874's in 36 just came fitting like 38's, huge waist! did i loose weight, am i still fat? also got a pair of 36 11" flex relaxed fit shorts and same thing, huge waist.

in normal pants i'm a 34, i'd love a 35 in Dickies but 36's have always sat high with very little need for a belt. 34's no way, maybe if i stretched them, idk. am i still fat?

also how crazy big are Foy's pants? like if i can get down with loose fit double knees, are Foy's gonna be too big & baggy?
am i still fat?

TheLowerBack

• Rep: 171
  • GTU/FWD
Re: Dickies too big?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2023, 10:10:56 PM »
Maybe you got an off pair? I've worn 34 32 874's for years and don't need to try them on or wear a belt. I have a pair of the regular fit cargos in 33 that need a belt and I think they're sized/labeled.

BL0B

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2023, 10:21:27 PM »
yeah, guess that's what i'm wondering, does that happen and with two pairs of different items? i just tired on these pants and shorts in store and both fit exactly how all the other pairs i've had fit. then went home and bought different colors off amazon. they're not the wallmart Dickies, they look just like the stuff i tired on, those colors just weren't in stock.

am i still fat? hoping this makes me skinny? 34's in dickies is a big step down for me but i feel like i need them compared to these.

guess my fat ass will walk back to the store and try on pants again tomorrow.

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 520
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2023, 10:33:34 PM »
They moved production within the last year. The ones I got were longer than all my others in the same size. Waist was the same but the 28l was pretty much a 30l now.
You’re not imagining things.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2023, 10:44:28 PM »
Usually they are known for running too tight on the waist. I always take Dickies a number larger on the W than I would with Polars. They also do seem to have inconsistencies, I remember ordering two pairs with identical specs but different colors, where one would fit and one wouldn‘t.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

BL0B

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2023, 11:14:53 PM »
Usually they are known for running too tight on the waist. I always take Dickies a number larger on the W than I would with Polars. They also do seem to have inconsistencies, I remember ordering two pairs with identical specs but different colors, where one would fit and one wouldn‘t.

yeah, i did that. i wear 34's in normal pants but in dickies it's always 36. these are like 38's.

BL0B

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2023, 11:18:13 PM »
They moved production within the last year. The ones I got were longer than all my others in the same size. Waist was the same but the 28l was pretty much a 30l now.
You’re not imagining things.

i'ma check were in when they were made, great idea.

they look great. the pockets are deep, i heard people complaining about that. only a couple stray threads. 

tomorrow i'm gonna compare them to my Dickies SB pants the non flex ones, they should be pretty similar cut in the same sizes?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2023, 11:25:00 PM by BL0B »

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2023, 11:46:01 PM »
it is the perfect time of year to start wearing dickies, for me, as my usual 501/wrangler 13mwz/carhartt b01s all start to feel too terrible in the humidity.

i haven’t re-upped my 874s in like 5 ish years, so i’m no help.
how are the skateboard ones? worth it? i am still fat

rikki

• Rep: 280
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2023, 11:57:43 PM »
Inconsistent. My 874s (30 waist) are perfect, ordered a backup pair shortly after the first one as I thought I'd found the perfect size, but the waist felt more like 29 although the size was 30.

BL0B

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2023, 12:35:17 AM »
it is the perfect time of year to start wearing dickies, for me, as my usual 501/wrangler 13mwz/carhartt b01s all start to feel too terrible in the humidity.

i haven’t re-upped my 874s in like 5 ish years, so i’m no help.
how are the skateboard ones? worth it? i am still fat

the skateboarding ones i've w/o the flex are pretty similar to all the 874's i've had w/o flex in the past. the SB's, when you can get them on sale are worth the extra money imo, just for the button instead of clasp, i'd rather have Velcro than the clasp. they're nicer fit & finish and probably more consistent size wise, now that i think about it. black pockets also.

even the skateboarding double knees cut is pretty similar to the skateboarding pant and 874's. slightly looser, maybe more relaxed and not loose, not like the loose fit double knees.

should i just be buying like 20 pairs and picking the fits i like best?

Bror

• Rep: 23
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2023, 12:43:54 AM »
Speaking of dickies, is there any way to ditch the press marks or idk what theyre clased in english?

Like the straight line going down the middle of the legs.. also the cuffed part. 874s is so classic but i would prefer them without the cuffed legs & press marks(?)

BL0B

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2023, 01:19:12 AM »
pleats.

idt you can iron or steam them out, idk. them being kinda almost melted there from what i understand. 874's will melt if you don't use a bandana or cloth when ironing and move fast.

rikki

• Rep: 280
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2023, 01:31:35 AM »
Speaking of dickies, is there any way to ditch the press marks or idk what theyre clased in english?

Like the straight line going down the middle of the legs.. also the cuffed part. 874s is so classic but i would prefer them without the cuffed legs & press marks(?)

They will disappear with use eventually.

Dong Hanglo

• Rep: 34
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2023, 01:48:48 AM »
I’d say that you should rock the shit out them. Fat guy pants are in trend. cinch a belt around your waist and live it up.

BL0B

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2023, 02:00:28 AM »
I’d say that you should rock the shit out them. Fat guy pants are in trend. cinch a belt around your waist and live it up.

thank you, Mr. Hanglo. just live that new pants life, right?

BL0B

« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2023, 02:04:03 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

They will disappear with use eventually.

it can take a really long time ime, i don't wash pants a lot though. they literally have to get shit or shit like stuff on them for me to wash them.

shawngreg

• Rep: 63
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2023, 02:19:35 AM »
pleats.

idt you can iron or steam them out, idk. them being kinda almost melted there from what i understand. 874's will melt if you don't use a bandana or cloth when ironing and move fast.

you can absolutely iron the pleat out.  do it when you 1st get them, use steam and be patient. it prob takes me a little more than 5 mins to get mine out, when i do it.
and to another question you asked- yes buy a bunch at the same time and keep which pair(s) fit the best and send the rest back

BL0B

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2023, 02:27:41 AM »
good to know.

Síota

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 795
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2023, 04:05:42 AM »
Dickies vary in size depending on where you by them also. Like I've got 34's in Canada that are the same size as 32's in France. Also my 34's from NZ have bigger pockets then the others..not sure if it's different plants or over the years the changed the sizing. Won't buy them anymore with out physically trying them on.

Tom Pearl

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 202
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2023, 04:32:58 AM »
wish they made them alot baggier

animalflesh

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2023, 04:58:21 AM »
I bought two pairs of carpenters in the same size last week and the waists are a full inch different

IpathCats

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2023, 05:01:52 AM »
I've had some inconsistencies with Carhartt too.

Can def be annoying.

Especially when you're as insane about your gear as many people on here are (myself included)

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 677
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2023, 05:06:11 AM »
i have 32s i can wear but they are hella tight
33 is perfect for me but then as soon as i wash them they feel a tiny bit tight :(
i could just lose a bit of weight
34 feels too big

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2023, 06:29:43 AM »
Dickies….the vans of pants…..

Daydream

• Rep: 80
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2023, 08:38:32 AM »
foy pants are big. No taper or anything I found, straight loose from thigh to leg. Didn’t like em, got rid of em

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1392
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2023, 11:51:26 AM »
Personal problem, dude. Dont think too many of us have it 😭
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 989
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2023, 12:37:13 PM »
Anyone with insight as to how the dickies skate cargos fit in the waist?

BL0B

« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2023, 01:19:18 PM »
Personal problem, dude. Dont think too many of us have it 😭

;D ;)

BL0B

« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2023, 01:21:58 PM »
foy pants are big. No taper or anything I found, straight loose from thigh to leg. Didn’t like em, got rid of em

do you think they could've been tapered to your liking in hindsight? i like the cellphone pocket on them.

Daydream

• Rep: 80
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2023, 02:31:02 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

do you think they could've been tapered to your liking in hindsight? i like the cellphone pocket on them.
yeah that's a good point.. maybe I should have. I forgot how long they were. they just didn't sit to my liking I guess. a tailor visit might've corrected that.

are you stuck with your newly arrived 36's? that's my size