Author Topic: Inward Heelflips?  (Read 625 times)

FBC91

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 2
Inward Heelflips?
« on: June 09, 2023, 04:27:45 PM »
I just learned how to do these, but I have to jump forward (toe side) to land them, which doesn't really seem optimal.  I see other people do them and they can keep the board under their feet and just jump straight up.  My back position is different; they put their back foot in the heel side pocket (most of the time), whereas I put mine on the tip of the tail, directly in the middle (neither toe side or hee lside I think).  How do you guys do them this way?  I've been trying them, but I just can't get it to flip right.  Video reference of the technique:  https://youtube.com/shorts/X3zvyq1TbiI?feature=share

I will try to post a video of me doing one tomorrow.

switchfakie

Re: Inward Heelflips?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2023, 06:07:21 PM »
I just learned how to do these, but I have to jump forward (toe side) to land them, which doesn't really seem optimal.  I see other people do them and they can keep the board under their feet and just jump straight up.  My back position is different; they put their back foot in the heel side pocket (most of the time), whereas I put mine on the tip of the tail, directly in the middle (neither toe side or hee lside I think).  How do you guys do them this way?  I've been trying them, but I just can't get it to flip right.  Video reference of the technique:  https://youtube.com/shorts/X3zvyq1TbiI?feature=share

no advice for you, but prod def jumped forward in that clip

Logic

• Rep: 35
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2023, 01:17:49 PM »
I pretty much use the same footing as prod, but I find the most important thing is the front foot and making sure you're flicking in at the right angle and flick it all the way off the nose and not short of it.

Find it helps to practice this trick fakie, the board just seems to flip more naturally and wants to stay under you.

bob george

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 208
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2023, 03:18:56 AM »
yeah, it pretty much drifts forward for me all the time - I don't think there's anything wrong with that. i definitely echo the fakie idea as they are much more natural, like any fakie spinning trick; shove, 360 flip, varial etc - it's coming to you, not away from you.
that skinny motherfucker with the high voice

Tom Pearl

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 202
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2023, 05:26:38 PM »
i always sorta kick straight down when i do them, going through the nose seems like it would flip super slow

Logic

• Rep: 35
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2023, 06:23:47 PM »
i always sorta kick straight down when i do them, going through the nose seems like it would flip super slow

That's how I started out with them but I would continually have the grip graise my ankle from flicking it that way. I can't remember the trick tip video I watched on it a while back but they recommended flicking straight out just off the pocket of the front nose and to think of like a bs heel but you don't turn your shoulders with it.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2023, 11:00:44 AM »
I'll be honest I don't really like inward heel flips. Not doing them or even seeing them really but this one was maybe the best I've ever seen and is shot on a good angle and slow Mo so prob good for learning reference
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Ctg_OCPg0Iv/?igshid=NjZiM2M3MzIxNA==

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1581
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2023, 09:52:02 PM »
I do what I call a 'heelusion flip', by pressuring on the ball of my foot on the concave downwards and inwards, pop off the heel side pocket, and get your front foot out of the way.....it does between my legs and everyone wonders if it actually flipped....works going fakie too....

Pbn_jake

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2023, 02:05:44 PM »

My only advice is to either do it nollie or fakie