Author Topic: BATB13  (Read 112637 times)

JugeL

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: BATB13
« Reply #1500 on: November 15, 2023, 10:06:30 PM »
$100 entry fee? That’s crazy. I wonder which bank they owe money too
Maybe the tickets are luxury and proceeds go to help women and children in Afghanistan. Maybe even plant two trees per ticket also

IBSflippedeltoro

• Rep: -29
« Reply #1501 on: November 16, 2023, 04:58:31 AM »
Did anyone else notice the contradiction in Tyler's pre game interview and his match? He was talking about not practicing and just wanting to have a "classic BATB game of skate", then proceeded to jump straight into all the double flip known to man kind. Then with poetic justice, he misses his last trick and Jamie runs him through all the basics before taking him out

Because he's a fucking cheater. He screwed Joslin over and should've re done a bunch of tricks. Karma smacked him across the face.

Will there even be a batb 14?

double fakie ollie grind

• Rep: 4
« Reply #1502 on: November 16, 2023, 11:02:15 AM »
I just watched the Peterson Griffin match and I just wanted to come here to say that pressure heelflip body varial is the absolute worst flatground trick I have ever seen in my life. Below the dungeon tier. Glad dude lost

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 967
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #1503 on: November 16, 2023, 11:18:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
$100 entry fee? That’s crazy. I wonder which bank they owe money too
[close]
the jeweler who made the rings 😭😭😭
[close]
$100 fucking dollars?!
i'd much rather spend it else where on something more useful
[close]
might be able to buy one of those chunks of concrete from the berrics with that

What? They selling pieces of the park like the Berlin Wall?

Fuckin Kalis knows where to get real skatebloarding history. Mofos should talk to him probably if they want to buy rocks
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1504 on: November 16, 2023, 11:26:33 AM »
I just watched the Peterson Griffin match and I just wanted to come here to say that pressure heelflip body varial is the absolute worst flatground trick I have ever seen in my life. Below the dungeon tier. Glad dude lost

Yeah that's a bad one. I can do them pretty decent too.

It reminds me of straight no comp body. Feels cool but it almost never looks good unless you ad a late 180.

Then it looks good to me.

I guess those two tricks would be called something like

Pressure anti big flip. (His plus 80)

No comply anti big spin. (Mine. I'm going to name it rn.

The Sad Tomatoes.

Nocomply Anti big spin is now called

The Sad Tomato. Tell your homies.

I'm going to go do one of
(A)pl(E)

goeatsomefriedbread

• Rep: 268
« Reply #1505 on: November 17, 2023, 07:14:37 AM »
Tyler Peterson has a kind of evil henchman steeze, I could sorta see him having a section to Flight of the Valkyries, or maybe the Storm Trooper theme

bombsquid

• Rep: -1
« Reply #1506 on: November 17, 2023, 08:05:26 AM »
BATB needs some storyline and characters just like wrestling. Tyler Peterson is the Arch Enemy and Jonny Giger is the Evil Professor the other skaters gotta overcome.

IBSflippedeltoro

• Rep: -29
« Reply #1507 on: November 17, 2023, 10:03:49 AM »
You got it all it all mixed up man. Jonny Giger is the miserable clown that get drunk after a circus sesh. Tyler Cheaterson is the woman who's willing to suck cock for influence. Steve Berra is the main villain who recruit Cheaterson in exchange for BJs and exclusive anal penetration. Jamie Griffin is Rambo who got everyone against him but still smokes 'em all.  8)

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #1508 on: November 18, 2023, 12:08:56 AM »
I stopped watching once Griffin beat Peterson. I just can’t stand watching him and it was a forgone conclusion that he’d win.

Holt skunking Cole was unexpected. Maybe it’s time for Cole to bow out of these.

Same. Peterson almost had him, and honestly it looked like he got a little too excited

at this point, some of these tricks make me i feel like i'm watching a yo-yo contest.

not saying the shit ain't impressive, or next level, but yea...

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

Gab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
« Reply #1509 on: November 18, 2023, 01:19:33 AM »
Man between $100 entry fees, selling parts of the ground, and sponsorship/advertising, they made bank of this. I predict they won’t get a new location, keep the website up and maybe host the next batb from an undisclosed location, if they even continue it. I think Berra can’t keep it up for much longer and knows everyone is seeing through him and his plan of favoring Cariuma riders. It would benefit everyone if he took the money and ran, which I could totally see him doing. They don’t need a physical berrics location to keep it going, but honestly I hope they just dead the whole thing.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #1510 on: November 18, 2023, 05:57:12 AM »
Are they trying to move to a new location? I figured they're just changing the park layout. Hasn't it been largely the same since they moved in
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #1511 on: November 19, 2023, 09:48:56 AM »
Man between $100 entry fees, selling parts of the ground, and sponsorship/advertising, they made bank of this. I predict they won’t get a new location, keep the website up and maybe host the next batb from an undisclosed location, if they even continue it. I think Berra can’t keep it up for much longer and knows everyone is seeing through him and his plan of favoring Cariuma riders. It would benefit everyone if he took the money and ran, which I could totally see him doing. They don’t need a physical berrics location to keep it going, but honestly I hope they just dead the whole thing.
They used to invite between 800-1100 people in an email blast FOR FREE, with 3 food trucks (In-n-Out, Wahoos, Pizzanista, etc), a fancy dessert buffet upstairs in the lounge, a DJ, Jim Thiebaud and Deluxe would roll through and give out free product (custom shirts for their Spitfire, Thunder, etc riders in the Finals), photo booth, free product kiosks for other brands, special guests on the mic (not just people who bought a bunch of BATB decks to get a golden ticket), just an endless parade of fun. Now it doesn't seem like anyone aside from "Gel Blaster" and Cariuma are willing to support this crap.

And they're promising a golden ticket to BATB 14 on the ABD collectibles site. Ridiculous… just end it already.

theextrabanana

• Rep: -134
« Reply #1512 on: November 19, 2023, 02:09:37 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
They used to invite between 800-1100 people in an email blast FOR FREE, with 3 food trucks (In-n-Out, Wahoos, Pizzanista, etc), a fancy dessert buffet upstairs in the lounge, a DJ, Jim Thiebaud and Deluxe would roll through and give out free product (custom shirts for their Spitfire, Thunder, etc riders in the Finals), photo booth, free product kiosks for other brands, special guests on the mic (not just people who bought a bunch of BATB decks to get a golden ticket), just an endless parade of fun. Now it doesn't seem like anyone aside from "Gel Blaster" and Cariuma are willing to support this crap.

And they're promising a golden ticket to BATB 14 on the ABD collectibles site. Ridiculous… just end it already.

“The beatings will continue until morale improves”

- SB

TheDingus

« Reply #1513 on: November 19, 2023, 02:47:50 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Remember how fun it was to work the batb? It was the one time every year I was excited about working there. But yeah end that crap now.

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • I cut my grip with Occam's razor
« Reply #1514 on: November 19, 2023, 05:50:22 PM »

if they don't get a new location/ park, how will they continue being a business? their whole thing is based around being a skatepark. if they don't build a new park I don't see how they don't completely go out of business.

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2209
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #1515 on: November 20, 2023, 08:06:17 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

if they don't get a new location/ park, how will they continue being a business? their whole thing is based around being a skatepark. if they don't build a new park I don't see how they don't completely go out of business.
Hoping BOTH of you turn out to be correct.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1516 on: November 20, 2023, 10:00:09 AM »
I’m just glad the nine club finally admitted this is rigged!

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 772
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #1517 on: November 20, 2023, 11:54:05 AM »
Is there an edited version of the final battles or just the 2 hour plus video. Been waiting.

nothing's been the since same

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #1518 on: November 20, 2023, 01:01:03 PM »
There is on the berrics channel
check my music

work_lurker

• Rep: 69
  • I've never had a shaved head in my entire life
« Reply #1519 on: November 20, 2023, 01:41:25 PM »
I’m just glad the nine club finally admitted this is rigged!

Damn, this is the comment that got KGB banned? How long is the reach of Scientology?!
Hopefully not a kook, but if so, fuck it.

FrenchSkater

• Rep: 28
« Reply #1520 on: December 15, 2023, 04:34:36 AM »
Damn, have you noticed Jamie's absence for almost a month ? Almost no stories and no more Instagram posts..

He had also recently left hop king, maybe he no longer wants to put himself on the front of the stage and skate for him ?

Since the BATB final, nothing..  :(

Skatebeard

• Rep: 130
« Reply #1521 on: December 15, 2023, 05:12:42 AM »
Damn, have you noticed Jamie's absence for almost a month ? Almost no stories and no more Instagram posts..

He had also recently left hop king, maybe he no longer wants to put himself on the front of the stage and skate for him ?

Moved back to his parents place in Ireland to sort his head out a bit I think. Fair play to him....from what I heard via friends of friends, he was getting sucked into a bit of a party lifestyle in London and struggling with mental health etc.

If you see this dude, keep your chin up.

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #1522 on: December 15, 2023, 07:25:23 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Moved back to his parents place in Ireland to sort his head out a bit I think. Fair play to him....from what I heard via friends of friends, he was getting sucked into a bit of a party lifestyle in London and struggling with mental health etc.

If you see this dude, keep your chin up.
That sounds like a good move. It takes a lot of self-awareness to pull back like that.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1523 on: December 15, 2023, 10:10:01 AM »
We need to get a core pal in next year. Some terminally online g.

Subvert fer real. Ask Berra the only question that matters right in the middle of finals.

What would you rather Bora? Now do a fuckin backside flip for the pals.
(A)pl(E)

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #1524 on: December 15, 2023, 10:39:08 AM »

Subvert fer real. Ask Berra the only question that matters right in the middle of finals.

I forget, didn't Borra say that the recent BATB would be the last since the park is getting demolished...

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -514
« Reply #1525 on: December 15, 2023, 11:04:46 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I forget, didn't Borra say that the recent BATB would be the last since the park is getting demolished...

Just the last one at that location, but we will see…