Author Topic: Looking for this 2000s/Sorry era Flip wheel. Description only  (Read 343 times)

PancakeBones

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -13
Feeling nostalgic and want to make a cruiser board composed of my member berries gear. Sorry but I all I have is a description and no images 

Does anyone remember or know how to acquire this particular wheel. In the 2000s/Sorry era, flip released a Tom Penny model wheel. Most of the wheel was entirely clear with a purplish tint. Halfway in the clear was a repeating motif of a 3d stylized red cap mushroom. Under the mushrooms, the wheel became opaque and looked like a billowy psychedelic looking smoke cloud. The cloud was opaque purplish and white.

I know I don't have much to go on, so I apologize in advance .

(Maybe a personalized mandala effect but I'm pretty sure it was a Flip brand wheel.... But maybe I'm wrong and it was Ghetto Child. Either way, thanks for your time!

PancakeBones

• Rep: -13
Re: Looking for this 2000s/Sorry era Flip wheel. Description only
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2023, 07:42:49 PM »

GunganHunger

• Rep: 0
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2024, 12:25:18 AM »
Hey I know the wheels you're talking about. I had a set. I think they were called acid shrooms, or something like that. I haven't seen a set in a long time.

rikki

• Rep: 284

JimmyFive

• Rep: 56
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2024, 04:36:46 AM »
Look at the "magic shrooms" wheel - linked on the same page as the sidecut version...

rikki

• Rep: 284
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2024, 05:03:43 AM »
Look at the "magic shrooms" wheel - linked on the same page as the sidecut version...

Good eye!

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/flip-skateboard-wheels-52mm-magic-3866460862