Author Topic: That Tony Hawk Contest  (Read 2493 times)

igrindtwinkies

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 382
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
That Tony Hawk Contest
« on: July 03, 2023, 05:51:00 PM »
What the hell is going on with this?  Does everyone have 3 friends who are in 1st place to win this thing?  This reminds me of some early 2000s pop bottle cap contest.  Is there like 100 divisions or what?  I didn't put much research into this, so enlighten me if this is a dumb post.

ejazzle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 78
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: That Tony Hawk Contest
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2023, 06:12:46 PM »
It’s like the maxim next top model search but disguised to suck in skaters

tkp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
    • shop lurker avatar image
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2023, 06:47:12 PM »
https://skateparkhero.org/ for reference.

winner is determined by the most votes. votes can be acquired by:

1. verifying a credit card number
2. verifying with a facebook account
3. cash, donate to the skatepark project, 1 vote = $1

https://skateparkhero.org/browse/2023 = 512 people participating in this

winner gets a trip to san diego, $10k, and a sesh with tony hawk

lurkluke

• Rep: 175
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2023, 08:47:01 PM »
https://skateparkhero.org/ for reference.

winner is determined by the most votes. votes can be acquired by:

1. verifying a credit card number
2. verifying with a facebook account
3. cash, donate to the skatepark project, 1 vote = $1

https://skateparkhero.org/browse/2023 = 512 people participating in this

winner gets a trip to san diego, $10k, and a sesh with tony hawk

Me standing at the top of a very ramp with Tony Hawk: "Tony Hawk, I've been dreaming of this moment since I was eight years old" and I immediately fall directly to the flat, smashing my face.

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1073
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2023, 09:02:28 PM »
I signed up for it, but then had them remove Al my days when they revealed how the contest was structured.

My wife has setup some of these style contest for her clients. From my understanding brands do this to gather data and contact for their targeted audience.

For example if they host a something for doctors, then they get a bunch of contact information and metrics for hundreds of people in that social/economic bracket. They will then use that information to sell them like a TV or something.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1191
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2023, 09:19:17 PM »
Remember POGS?  Hope they make a comeback.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Welpok

• Rep: 12
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2023, 09:26:33 PM »
SLAP: come for the gossip, stay for the lk130 Stylin’ On You attempts

“More celebrities know of me than I know of them.” -James T. Greco

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2023, 09:34:44 PM »
I swear I see "Bro i am only 5 votes away! I am 2nd place right now" Once a day.

igrindtwinkies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 382
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2023, 09:47:20 PM »
I signed up for it, but then had them remove Al my days when they revealed how the contest was structured.

My wife has setup some of these style contest for her clients. From my understanding brands do this to gather data and contact for their targeted audience.

For example if they host a something for doctors, then they get a bunch of contact information and metrics for hundreds of people in that social/economic bracket. They will then use that information to sell them like a TV or something.

Ya, I voted for a few people with my facebook account(I use a burner).

I'm not actually heated about this, it's just the whole thing seemed weird and my buddy and I were laughing about it today.  My buddy entered thinking it was a drawing and then they kept emailing him "You're in second place!".  Idk, the whole thing just seems strange.

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • I cut my grip with Occam's razor
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2023, 10:07:00 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I'm not actually heated about this, it's just the whole thing seemed weird and my buddy and I were laughing about it today.  My buddy entered thinking it was a drawing and then they kept emailing him "You're in second place!".  Idk, the whole thing just seems strange.

burner facebook accounts don't exist. they know exactly who you are and still have all of your data... happy web surfing!

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 847
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2023, 10:51:00 PM »
Without bothering to look, is the person in first a good looking female? I feel like that's how these things usually go.

TheDraught

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65241
  • Team -65K
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2023, 11:38:33 PM »
Dude, it's simple as fuck. This is how it works:

COMPETITION SCHEDULE

OPERATOR WILL SELECT, IN ITS SOLE, ABSOLUTE, AND COMPLETE DISCRETION, WHICH ENTRANTS WILL PARTICIPATE IN THE COMPETITION AS COMPETITORS. Upon entry, Competitors will be divided into groups and advance to the initial public voting round. Subsequent public voting rounds (individually a "Round" and, collectively, the “Rounds”) will progressively reduce the number of Competitors. Public voting begins May 15, 2023.

Top 20 (begins May 15th and ends May 25th) – Public voting will help reduce each group to the top twenty (20) Competitors.

Top 15 (begins May 25th and ends June 1st) – Public voting will help reduce each group to the top fifteen (15) Competitors.

Top 10 (begins June 1st and ends June 8th) – Public voting will help reduce each group to the top ten (10) Competitors.

Top 5 (begin June 8th and end June 15th) – Public voting will help reduce each group to the top five (5) Competitors.
Group Finals (begin June 15th and end June 22nd) – Public voting will help reduce total Competitors to one (1) preliminary winner in each Group Finals group who will then advance to the Quarterfinals.

Wildcard Round (June 23rd and ends June 25th) – Competitors who took second (2nd) place in their respective Group Finals group will compete in a shortened round for a chance to advance to the Quarterfinals. Votes will be reset, and public voting will determine the top Competitor from each group who will then advance to the Quarterfinals.

Quarterfinals (begin June 26th and end July 6th) – The top Competitors from each Group Finals/Wildcard Round group will be divided into Quarterfinals groups. Votes will be reset, and public voting will determine the top Quarterfinalist from each group who will then advance to the Semifinals.

Semifinals (begin July 7th and end July 13th) – The top Competitors from each Quarterfinals group will be divided into Semifinals groups. Votes will be reset, and public voting will determine the top Semifinalist from each group who will then advance to the Finals.

Finals (begin July 14th and end July 20th) – Votes will be reset, and public voting will determine which Finalist will be the winner of the 2023 Skatepark Hero Competition (the “Public Choice Grand Prize Winner”), on July 20, 2023. The Public Choice Grand Prize Winner will be announced on or around July 28, 2023.

scoot_or_die

• Rep: -3
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2023, 12:33:28 AM »
have they considered making it take longer so they can milk it a little more

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 772
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2023, 12:38:51 AM »

COMPETITION SCHEDULE

OPERATOR WILL SELECT, IN ITS SOLE, ABSOLUTE, AND COMPLETE DISCRETION, WHICH ENTRANTS WILL PARTICIPATE IN THE COMPETITION AS COMPETITORS. Upon entry, Competitors will be divided into groups and advance to the initial public voting round. Subsequent public voting rounds (individually a "Round" and, collectively, the “Rounds”) will progressively reduce the number of Competitors. Public voting begins May 15, 2023.

Top 20 (begins May 15th and ends May 25th) – Public voting will help reduce each group to the top twenty (20) Competitors.

Top 15 (begins May 25th and ends June 1st) – Public voting will help reduce each group to the top fifteen (15) Competitors.

Top 10 (begins June 1st and ends June 8th) – Public voting will help reduce each group to the top ten (10) Competitors.

Top 5 (begin June 8th and end June 15th) – Public voting will help reduce each group to the top five (5) Competitors.
Group Finals (begin June 15th and end June 22nd) – Public voting will help reduce total Competitors to one (1) preliminary winner in each Group Finals group who will then advance to the Quarterfinals.

Wildcard Round (June 23rd and ends June 25th) – Competitors who took second (2nd) place in their respective Group Finals group will compete in a shortened round for a chance to advance to the Quarterfinals. Votes will be reset, and public voting will determine the top Competitor from each group who will then advance to the Quarterfinals.

Quarterfinals (begin June 26th and end July 6th) – The top Competitors from each Group Finals/Wildcard Round group will be divided into Quarterfinals groups. Votes will be reset, and public voting will determine the top Quarterfinalist from each group who will then advance to the Semifinals.

Semifinals (begin July 7th and end July 13th) – The top Competitors from each Quarterfinals group will be divided into Semifinals groups. Votes will be reset, and public voting will determine the top Semifinalist from each group who will then advance to the Finals.

Finals (begin July 14th and end July 20th) – Votes will be reset, and public voting will determine which Finalist will be the winner of the 2023 Skatepark Hero Competition (the “Public Choice Grand Prize Winner”), on July 20, 2023. The Public Choice Grand Prize Winner will be announced on or around July 28, 2023.

You expect skaters to read all that

nothing's been the since same

TheDraught

• SLAP Pal
  • Team -65K
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2023, 03:34:44 AM »
Expand Quote

COMPETITION SCHEDULE

[close]

No definitely not. I didn't even read it I just copy pasted it.

theloniousmonk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2023, 04:49:46 AM »
have they considered making it take longer so they can milk it a little more
Lost my shit on this one hahaha

TheDraught

• SLAP Pal
  • Team -65K
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2023, 05:49:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

burner facebook accounts don't exist. they know exactly who you are and still have all of your data... happy web surfing!

Burner FB accounts do exist how else do you think all those married guys (and women btw) use Tinder?

Baswell Cerry

• Rep: 0
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2023, 05:58:06 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Way to breathe, No Breath
[Applause]

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2023, 06:37:26 AM »
Yall are really entering contests to hang out with a 55 year old man

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 588
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2023, 06:52:13 AM »
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

scab

• Rep: 200
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2023, 07:15:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

PAWG Marge is not an image I was expecting to get stuck in my head when I got up this morning. Thanks, Tony Hawk.

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • I cut my grip with Occam's razor
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2023, 11:20:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

PAWG Marge is not an image I was expecting to get stuck in my head when I got up this morning. Thanks, Tony Hawk.

rule 34: ruining your day since 2004.

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 772
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2023, 01:25:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

COMPETITION SCHEDULE

[close]
[close]

No definitely not. I didn't even read it I just copy pasted it.
Wait so all of that means I have a chance to meet Pawg Marge and Tony Hawk?

nothing's been the since same

LewFarrell

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 140
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2023, 06:14:51 AM »
« Last Edit: July 05, 2023, 07:38:11 AM by LewFarrell »

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2023, 06:40:39 AM »
Imagine giving your fucking credit card to whatever shady scoundrels Tony is working with on this latest scam.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Slikk

• Rep: -33
  • im proper
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2023, 06:43:49 AM »
ya'll acting like

a) tony hawk will remember the winner (he gon remember that BAG tho)

b) this isn't rigged

c) anything fruitful will happen for the winner/runner ups post contest

i agree with homie who said it earlier, this just some shit to get a few bucks and a whole lotta data to peddle you some shit you don't want/need

whoever win better put that 10k (probably closer to 7-8k after tax) in they savings or pay they student loans.... i better not see no vacations, swag, or other nonsense

maybe the corniest one win

slikk slikk

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2023, 07:34:56 AM »
ya'll acting like

But no one is actually acting like this.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

thetrashisright

• Rep: 2
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2023, 09:41:09 AM »
I hope this person wins https://www.instagram.com/reel/CuSLFPCgc3A/
Yeah I used to follow her on ig, she's out of her mind in a good way mostly. I get the shock value but I don't love the staple thing. Oh well, that's the point. I didn't know she skated though. I hope she wins, Tony could use a little more weird around.

My general feelings on the topic is I think this contest is stupid as fuck and annoying. Why do you need to meet Tony Hawk so badly?

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2240
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2023, 12:09:14 PM »

Slikk

• Rep: -33
  • im proper
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2023, 05:52:28 PM »
But no one is actually acting like this.

oh you one of those takin' slap literally type niggas