Author Topic: Asics Containment Thread  (Read 22797 times)

Post Alone

Re: Asics Containment Thread
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2023, 07:58:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Ironic that most everyone is hating on the GEL-FLEXKEE PRO but it's the one that's selling the best. At least at my local. Plus almost sold out at 510 & Atlas too. I like to see it.
[close]

almost selling out could also mean they ordered less of that model. i don't work at those shops so i don't know, but that would be my first assumption on a shoe like that, specifically because of its unique design
if it is indeed their best seller, then we will be seeing more shoes like it

You know, you're probably right. That would make sense. Smaller run of a shoe like that.

iw0

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 504
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2023, 10:07:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Ironic that most everyone is hating on the GEL-FLEXKEE PRO but it's the one that's selling the best. At least at my local. Plus almost sold out at 510 & Atlas too. I like to see it.
[close]

almost selling out could also mean they ordered less of that model. i don't work at those shops so i don't know, but that would be my first assumption on a shoe like that, specifically because of its unique design
[close]

You know, you're probably right. That would make sense. Smaller run of a shoe like that.

definitely don't want to downplay the the fact that they are selling well. lower order count or not, still very impressive

Grand Saber

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 6
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2023, 10:56:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

definitely don't want to downplay the the fact that they are selling well. lower order count or not, still very impressive
Talking to people in store at Atlas and such, it seems a lot of people intrigued to buy the shoes. It is a very well built pair of shoes IMO and functionally it hits a lot of the things I kind of need in a skate shoe (lace protection, comfort, good protection/padding). My homies that came along with me were shitting on the shoe before hand, but in person they were tempted to buy it until they saw the price tag. If they reduced the price by $30-$40, I'm sure a lot more people would buy it
« Last Edit: July 11, 2023, 02:23:13 PM by Grand Saber »

iw0

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 504
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2023, 05:18:28 PM »
the experts weigh in

Daydream

• Rep: 80
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2023, 08:50:42 PM »
the experts weigh in

ok ok ... 22 minutes? holy smokes. wow I skimmed the first 8

truthislie

• Rep: 56
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2023, 01:45:42 AM »
I went to my local outlet yesterday to find the Japan S (non skating one) in a black/black leather colorway for a whooping 38 euros. I didnt buy them but at that price I would probably get the skate ones just to try them out. As a fan of Asics running/lifestyle models I have to say their skate shoes dont do much for me look wise...

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2023, 07:58:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I'd consider getting the flexy bois because of how unique-looking they are. I don't necessarily like them, and I'd probably have a hard time looking down at them, but there's some intrigue.

DeadSquidMask

• Rep: 8
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2023, 05:34:35 PM »
I happened into the store the other day, and lo and behold, the new ASICS were there.

The flexees look crazy but I tried them on. Asked for size 11 b/c that’s what I wear in sb dunk lows. Needed a 10.5 I’d say. They didn’t have it, but I’m pretty sure I would have bought it. Felt like a really good skate shoe. I’m intrigued.

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 310
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2023, 08:29:45 AM »

Asics Japan Pro
I went TTS and they feel pretty good. I think I could maybe go 0.5 down for a more snug fit, but I swapped the insole (which is glued down btw) with superfeet which resulted in much better secure fit

overall, very pleased with this purchase  8)

Musicaldeath107

• Rep: 122
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2023, 10:25:06 AM »
Expand Quote

Asics Japan Pro
[close]
I went TTS and they feel pretty good. I think I could maybe go 0.5 down for a more snug fit, but I swapped the insole (which is glued down btw) with superfeet which resulted in much better secure fit

How thick is the midsole under the front of your foot? I'm definitely interested in these but too many shoes are so thin padding wise under the balls of the feet and to me that makes the shoe feel like shit

LebowskisRug

« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2023, 11:27:45 AM »
I have the same ones. The midsole is not that thick with the stock insole. I'd say a bit more than a 440, about on par with a Jordan 1, but it is flexier than the Jordan. Feels like a happy medium. I will be removing my insoles today to put my Superfeet in as well.

Musicaldeath107

• Rep: 122
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2023, 11:47:12 AM »
I prefer chunkier stuff like the 808s so probably be a little thin for me.  Probably gonna grab a pair as chillers since they look so good.

Grand Saber

• Rep: 6
« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2023, 12:00:02 PM »
I'll be jumping some sets in my Japan pro's soon so i will report on the impact support soon.  So far these are feeling great and possibly a good replacement to all the Emerica G6 models i liked.

montanaco

• Rep: -3
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2023, 06:58:09 PM »
Expand Quote

Asics Japan Pro
[close]

How’s the heel lock? I’ve found I can only skate mids and highs lately but I love the look of these.

ghost of barry white

• Rep: 4
« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2023, 10:19:46 PM »
I also picked up the Japan and I love it. It skates amazing. I can corroborate that it does run a taaadd big. Definitely not big enough to size down half a size. Sole feels like a much more flexible dunk. I also had to remove the glued in insole and replace with the blazer insole. Doing that also helped make up for the bit of extra space in the toe.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2023, 10:58:30 AM »
I've gotta say the Japan performance is good, but in 3 sessions I'm left with really sore ankles and hotspots on my big toes. I even replaced the insole with the Superfeet I run in my 440. These leave me just as sore as running Half Cab skates and I skate in those better. So if they don't turn around I'll be bummed.

To me they skate a lot like a thinner Jordan 1 with better grip and more flex. They fit my feet really well but for me as a 37 year old getting sore 2.5hrs into a slappy/flat session and ending it because of soreness sucks.

switchfakie

« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2023, 12:01:00 PM »
shoes look like ass and are overpriced

i only like how the off white one looks bc it hides its garbage ass logo. way worse than the cariuma logo fasho

switchfakie

« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2023, 12:03:32 PM »
Expand Quote

Asics Japan Pro
[close]

what pants are those g?

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2023, 11:41:55 PM »

i only like how the off white one looks bc it hides its garbage ass logo. way worse than the cariuma logo fasho
Nothing is worse than Cariuma
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 120
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2023, 05:03:48 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Nothing is worse than Cariuma

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2023, 03:39:54 PM »
got a pair of the Gel Vikkas today, and they feel awesome just walking around.  got a 10 and they fit pretty snug; maybe could have gone with the 10 1/2.   Probably won't skate them for a while, but the comfort, quality and looks are there.
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Skrotum

• Rep: 12
« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2023, 03:43:52 PM »
got a pair of the Gel Vikkas today, and they feel awesome just walking around.  got a 10 and they fit pretty snug; maybe could have gone with the 10 1/2.   Probably won't skate them for a while, but the comfort, quality and looks are there.

Damn I knew it.. are they short in length or width?

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2023, 06:03:11 PM »
they feel a little narrow.  i have about a thumb of space in the toe, but really snug side to side.  felt like it might be too much space in the toe to go up a half size, but might have been fine. 

Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1059
« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2023, 06:20:29 PM »
I copped the Vicka Pro. Can’t find the video but someone describes skating them as a thicker soled 440. I’ve had a couple of 440’s that I enjoyed, although the laces tore instantly on them
« Last Edit: July 17, 2023, 07:45:06 PM by fakie nollie »

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1059
« Reply #54 on: July 22, 2023, 08:26:29 PM »
Skated the shoes and they’re pretty amazing. It truly feels like a more cushioned 440 with some inspiration from the original Lakai Manchester. Again, highly recommend. It’s wild they’re sold out almost everywhere. Trying to find a second pair to keep on ice

LebowskisRug

« Reply #55 on: July 23, 2023, 07:51:55 AM »
I've got a half dozen sessions on the Japan S and they're pretty good, but not sure if they'll replace my staples.

Pros:
-They look good IMO
-Feel immediately broken in and super comfortable out of the box.
-Sole rubber feels real good very flexible and not annoyingly grippy.
-Really good flick.
-Durability is at least average so far.
-Heel never bottoms out or has any issue with impact protection.

Cons:
-There is heel to toe drop, which for me gave me ankle and knee pain when I replaced the stock insole as the heel ended up too high.
-Stock insole is pretty bad. It's about as good as what came in my Reebok Club C.
-Heel doesn't really have any sort of dedicated impact protection and the midsole is kinda hard. It's a lot like a Busenitz. My heels end up sitting lower in a Tiago which is cushier.
-Heel isn't the most stable.
-Stitching on toe cap popped on day 1, but it's still in place. Some might wanna glue em.

I'm going to keep skating them and might buy again if I like a color but I don't think they'd be my first choice from Asics or in general.

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 618
« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2023, 08:45:24 AM »
I've got a half dozen sessions on the Japan S and they're pretty good, but not sure if they'll replace my staples.

Pros:
-They look good IMO
-Feel immediately broken in and super comfortable out of the box.
-Sole rubber feels real good very flexible and not annoyingly grippy.
-Really good flick.
-Durability is at least average so far.
-Heel never bottoms out or has any issue with impact protection.

Cons:
-There is heel to toe drop, which for me gave me ankle and knee pain when I replaced the stock insole as the heel ended up too high.
-Stock insole is pretty bad. It's about as good as what came in my Reebok Club C.
-Heel doesn't really have any sort of dedicated impact protection and the midsole is kinda hard. It's a lot like a Busenitz. My heels end up sitting lower in a Tiago which is cushier.
-Heel isn't the most stable.
-Stitching on toe cap popped on day 1, but it's still in place. Some might wanna glue em.

I'm going to keep skating them and might buy again if I like a color but I don't think they'd be my first choice from Asics or in general.
Is the stock insole the same thickness as the one you put in? Especially at the heel

LebowskisRug

« Reply #57 on: July 23, 2023, 09:49:07 AM »
I have a few insoles all are Superfeet. Normally in 440 I use the Run Comfort, which has a structured heel cup. Those gave me really bad ankle pain in the Japan so I switched to the Adapt Run, which is thinner but better foam and a less structured heel cup. Those have been pain free, but there's still heel drop like a Busenitz which I don't like.

There isn't much in the way of rear foot midsole padding. It's a very stiff lattice like structure with a tiny layer of foam over the top. This is why my heel actually sits lower in a Tiago.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #58 on: July 23, 2023, 09:58:41 AM »

Did you happen to notice if the toe is two full layers or only overlapped where the seam is?

LebowskisRug

« Reply #59 on: July 23, 2023, 10:15:32 AM »
It hasn't pulled up enough to see, but I'm fairly sure it's 2 full layers. They're really well made and the suede is very nice