Author Topic: Quebec and the Gaspé peninsula  (Read 226 times)

franc

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 102
Quebec and the Gaspé peninsula
« on: July 08, 2023, 10:47:15 AM »
Hello.

I'm visiting Quebec with my girlfriend next month. We'll be staying at some of her relatives in Montreal and Trois-Rivières but we also want to rent a car and go on a road trip around the Gaspé peninsula. I'll probably have a setup with me but skateboarding isn't a priority at all for this trip.

A few questions now...

Which itinerary would you recommend if we have about 8 days for the road trip?
Should we hit New Brunswick too?
Is a day trip to Vermont (leaving from Montreal) a good idea?
What company should we rent a car from?
Any skate spot, skateshops or skatepark I should not miss?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, THANKS A LOT.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 659
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Quebec and the Gaspé peninsula
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2023, 06:57:41 PM »
Vermont: Burlington is great and worth the stop. The park there is super fun too.

Car Rental: Whatever is cheapest on Kayak.

Parks/Shops/Spots: Dime, Van Horne Skatepark, Quebec City's park is fun, and there might be a park near Trois-Rivieres. Big O is worth seeing in person and so is Peace Park.

Avoid the park in the Little Italy. It is kind of fun but the locals are huge kooks. They make a decent park miserable.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

globe fusion

• Rep: 3
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2023, 09:32:25 PM »
i've never been to vermont but have heard great things about their skatepark and spots. might be worth going if you have the time.

for skateboarding, there is a lot to do in MTL.

for skating, check out the new MTL plaza and van horne skatepark. if you're into transition, the vans park could be worth checking out (it's besides the big o).

the peace park is worth checking out too, given its history.

dime store is close by peace park.

i am pretty sure there is a skatepark in trois-rivieries. there will definitely be some in cities nearby. no good shops there though.

quebec city has a lot of touristic things to do. the skate plaza has some good options but there are more and more smaller parks being built there. skate spots are scattered all over. exo would be the shop to check out.

skating wise i am not sure what there in the gaspé region, but you'll have a blast eitherway. it's a good trip.

franc

• Rep: 102
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2023, 09:41:43 AM »
Thank you guys!

Yeah I’ve been to Montreal and Quebec before, dope places for sure.
Looking forward to exploring the Gaspé peninsula and go to Vermont if we can! Sounds really good.

I’ll post some pictures here if I find anything special to skate in the countryside.

Thanks again!