Author Topic: Isle - Dreamers (Most riders back + 1 new)  (Read 3304 times)

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
Isle - Dreamers (Most riders back + 1 new)
« on: July 10, 2023, 03:36:04 AM »

Glad to see that they mostly all stuck together and didn’t randomly slot into other companies.   Sad to lose Casper and Knox (and the younger French guy whose name is escaping me at the minute)

thepman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -94
Re: Isle - Dreamers (Most riders back + 1 new)
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2023, 03:41:42 AM »
Great interview here on how it all came back together: https://www.greyskatemag.com/post/isle-skateboards-nick-jensen-paul-shier-interview

I'm so pleased they are back and hope it works out this time. It's cool Mike and Kyron rejoined, they're both talented enough that they could have gone anywhere.
skating is all about choosing your outfit very deliberately, going out in public. looking super sick. and then riding your board a little bit

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2023, 04:37:51 AM »
Reading that interview, what kind of goofball gives a skater an article of clothing to wear a week before they need to shoot a catalogue piece?

Arto!Arto!WakeUp!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 185
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2023, 04:47:56 AM »
Great interview here on how it all came back together: https://www.greyskatemag.com/post/isle-skateboards-nick-jensen-paul-shier-interview

I'm so pleased they are back and hope it works out this time. It's cool Mike and Kyron rejoined, they're both talented enough that they could have gone anywhere.

i didn't think kyron was on prior to this? he was one of the only people pencilled for AD who wasn't from isle. as far as i knew, he never had a board sponsor after numbers folded. 

so glad isle is back. maybe it'll even end up being a good thing for the others that casper and tom are gone - they could go up a gear as the main guys now.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2023, 05:01:12 AM by Arto!Arto!WakeUp! »

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2023, 05:44:39 AM »
I'm so happy they are back. It has been my favourite brand. Kind of sad for the Tom Knox and Casper departure, but I think it could give more space and light to the other riders. They need a couple ams and another good long video. Can't wait to get boards. Does anybody knows if they are still made by HLC?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2023, 06:24:37 AM by Turtle Boy »

europa1991

• Rep: 57
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2023, 06:08:23 AM »
Where is Remy Taveira :-/

brbr

• Rep: 7
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2023, 06:23:24 AM »
Where is Remy Taveira :-/
Probably gonna end up on Rassvet

Cosme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 507
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2023, 06:25:41 AM »
I'm so happy they are back. It has been my favourite brand. Kind of sad for the Tom Know and Casper departure, but I think it could give more space and light to the other riders. They need a couple ams and another good long video. Can't wait to get boards. Does anybody knows if they are still made by HLC?

they are Generator and they always were afaik

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2023, 06:37:10 AM »
Expand Quote
I'm so happy they are back. It has been my favourite brand. Kind of sad for the Tom Know and Casper departure, but I think it could give more space and light to the other riders. They need a couple ams and another good long video. Can't wait to get boards. Does anybody knows if they are still made by HLC?
[close]

they are Generator and they always were afaik
The first years were Generator, then according to some HLC sources (and the change of the shapes) at least part of their last collections were made at HLC (at least for the euro market).

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2023, 07:48:45 AM »
Love isle, great to see some Jensen clips. I guess Jon Nguyen retired.

a little confused that Atlantic drift is still? a board brand and Jacob Harris was not involved with this.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1582
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2023, 08:19:47 AM »
He’s still making videos and dropping merch, but I think running a team and owning a company is too much.  Didn’t he have long Covid?   

ApesPissed

• Rep: 59
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2023, 08:31:45 AM »
This means more sylvain tognelli clips so this means I am happy

backside_frontside

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -300
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2023, 08:35:49 AM »
Glad to see Isle is back.

Post Alone

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2023, 08:40:04 AM »

Post Alone

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2023, 08:42:01 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This. And Chris Jones is the best

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2023, 09:05:15 AM »

Glad to see that they mostly all stuck together and didn’t randomly slot into other companies.   Sad to lose Casper and Knox (and the younger French guy whose name is escaping me at the minute)

damn, so Remy Tav is not along for the ride anymore?

Between his numbers part and this recent Nike part, I am excited to see more Ron footy

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

johnficenec

• Rep: -21
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2023, 09:09:46 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
dude's skating has aged like a fine wine. his part in Vase and MFWTCB are some of my favs

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1159
  • old and in the way
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2023, 10:03:41 AM »
lovely

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 383
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2023, 10:23:45 AM »

a little confused that Atlantic drift is still? a board brand and Jacob Harris was not involved with this.

I think j....soy..... is right that Atlantic Drift is doing clothing and videos still but only did that one drop of boards that were produced early on before Jacob decided he wasn't able to make it work. It seems like Jacob is. doing a lot of work with NB# and Asics now alongside Atlantic Drift, so that's probably why he didn't film Dreamers.

I always like Isle's graphics and style and that it felt more high art and thought out (The Killing Floor feels similar to me too). I felt it stood out really well in skating so I'm glad to hear it sounds like Nick, Paul, and the team are keen to give it another go.

It was cool to see Paul mention what he felt he needed to do better to help Isle run smoother. It's easy to just be like "hey it was a rough patch and we've learned a lot" but it's hard to point out exactly where you dropped the ball and what you need to work on.

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 353
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2023, 10:28:25 AM »
damn, that's a masterclass in how to run a business as a good guy

...we started to hear that Casper (Brooker) was riding for Baker, which got me so hyped for him, then a little later that Tom (Knox) was on Krooked too. I was so happy to see them land on solid brands.

I then asked Mike (Arnold) about his situation over some beers when I saw him in LA. I got the impression that he was enjoying the silence of not having a sponsor, which I respected, so it was left there and we drank a beer.

P – I personally need to be better at my communication with the team. Being so far away (Paul lives in LA) for me is hard, but I need to make sure I am always available and doing what I can for them. Going on trips again – we did not do this enough before and this is going to change. Just being more proactive than we have been, listening and working closer as a team, creating content and doing a better job.

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 360
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2023, 11:13:18 AM »
Does that switch "opposite bigspin"/board going 180 body going 360 trick Mike Arnold does have a name?
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2023, 11:22:49 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I think j....soy..... is right that Atlantic Drift is doing clothing and videos still but only did that one drop of boards that were produced early on before Jacob decided he wasn't able to make it work. It seems like Jacob is. doing a lot of work with NB# and Asics now alongside Atlantic Drift, so that's probably why he didn't film Dreamers.

I always like Isle's graphics and style and that it felt more high art and thought out (The Killing Floor feels similar to me too). I felt it stood out really well in skating so I'm glad to hear it sounds like Nick, Paul, and the team are keen to give it another go.

It was cool to see Paul mention what he felt he needed to do better to help Isle run smoother. It's easy to just be like "hey it was a rough patch and we've learned a lot" but it's hard to point out exactly where you dropped the ball and what you need to work on.

Yes, hopefully Harris will still be involved with Isle because he and Jensen created their whole aesthetic -which seems like they are continuing with this new offering.

Even if that is not the case, i'm glad we get to see his work with the footwear brands.

Memoria.

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2023, 11:27:05 AM »
I guess Jon Nguyen retired.
The last thing I remember him doing was a part in Coattails. He also stopped posting on IG years back.

Allez_Jambon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 149
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2023, 11:30:28 AM »
Does that switch "opposite bigspin"/board going 180 body going 360 trick Mike Arnold does have a name?

Isn't it Lotti Spin?

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1242
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2023, 11:48:44 AM »
glad to see em back
bank manager is back on the clock full time it seems
bummed on no remy but hopefully hes found a board sponsor

does anyone remember that kyron part where he skated to bebey by theophilus london? i swear i remember that one but cant find it

otherside

• Rep: 14
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2023, 12:03:45 PM »

does anyone remember that kyron part where he skated to bebey by theophilus london? i swear i remember that one but cant find it

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1582
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2023, 12:14:21 PM »
I’d rather see Jacob Harris just make good skate vids and isle keep doing stuff like this………

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1242
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2023, 12:44:40 PM »
cheers @otherside i couldve sworn i never sat through a numbers edit hahah

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2023, 12:47:10 PM »
Expand Quote
I guess Jon Nguyen retired.
[close]
The last thing I remember him doing was a part in Coattails. He also stopped posting on IG years back.

Love Coattails - I have the DVD - Suciu skating to Wu Tang   8)

The night listener

• Rep: -163
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2023, 01:15:14 PM »
So glad Chris Jones is back. Love that guy.