Author Topic: This Old Ledge with Ted Barrow  (Read 24735 times)

handsclapanin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 286
Re: This Old Ledge with Ted Barrow
« Reply #240 on: March 07, 2024, 08:41:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
That nollie varial flip by Quim Cardona will never cease to amaze me. Great segment.
[close]

Agreed 1000x.   Also that Kalis kickflip done later on in the area.   Did Ted call it a ghost kick flip?
[close]

Yes, which was weird. One of the best kickflips ever IMO.
[close]

I figured he was referring to the fact Kalis pops spooky-high, like there was a grate/kicker set up... but there wasnt (at least I think that was the final determination after photos were disected and discussed with Kalis)

I thought he said goat kickflip

Banned from the room

« Reply #241 on: March 07, 2024, 08:48:14 PM »
I love New York

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 586
« Reply #242 on: March 07, 2024, 09:17:52 PM »
This and Out There are my favorites from Thrasher rn. I love the historical context and trick compilations. Can't wait for the next one.

FranklinSt4Ever

• Rep: 4
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #243 on: March 07, 2024, 10:00:16 PM »
I remember travelling from RVA to NYC on the china bus, planning on doing a full cab, maybe even a cab flip into the large banks. Obviously that didn't happen but I managed to ollie into the large bank and do a wallride on the pillar. This was back when there was a flat rail drilled into the flatground near the big banks. I miss NYC so much, looking forward to visiting again soon.

Natas_Fauxas

• Rep: 101
« Reply #244 on: March 13, 2024, 09:04:42 AM »
🚨🚨ILLEGAL!!!! 👇👇👇🚨🚨

Banned from the room

« Reply #245 on: March 13, 2024, 10:59:07 AM »
Anyone else here still feel Jenny from the block. Now she's crashed on a distant planet I'm head over heels again.

When I was a kid I watched Salinas like 4x a week. Sister act 2 because I also can't get enough of Lauren Hill doing gospel.

My hairs are on end thinking about it rn.

Idk why this old ledge makes me think about these beautiful and interesting women

ApesPissed

• Rep: 59
« Reply #246 on: March 13, 2024, 11:39:51 AM »
Suciu’s almost make was fucked. I don’t remember seeing that

Banned from the room

« Reply #247 on: March 13, 2024, 11:51:33 AM »
Suciu’s almost make was fucked. I don’t remember seeing that

True. That was shocking. He's way tougher than he looks

Banned from the room

« Reply #248 on: March 13, 2024, 11:53:19 AM »
You ever noticed how school desks smell like onions? Wake up all foul faced just smelling onions?

zahed

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: -25
« Reply #249 on: March 13, 2024, 12:07:48 PM »
love how he mentioned all three spots. 5 points, dime square, les, two bridges, china town - whatever you call it, it's a skateboarding mecca with so many legendary spots and parks accessible to skate to within a few blocks radius.

surprised that cherry wasn't mentioned. didn't bill call TJ the courthouse kid in some vid?

love this series.

Mandatory Reload

• Rep: 79
« Reply #250 on: March 13, 2024, 12:19:54 PM »
love how he mentioned all three spots. 5 points, dime square, les, two bridges, china town - whatever you call it, it's a skateboarding mecca with so many legendary spots and parks accessible to skate to within a few blocks radius.

surprised that cherry wasn't mentioned. didn't bill call TJ the courthouse kid in some vid?

love this series.

kinda surprised he didn't mention police plaza as well which is just as close if not closer than columbus park to the courthouse but i guess you can only fit so much in a 10 minute video! this series is incredible and i'm really looking forward to seeing what else they cover during the nyc season.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 317
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #251 on: March 13, 2024, 01:18:28 PM »
I remember going to NYC for the first time seeing the courthouse.....only to notice blubba nearby and had no idea. This was all like pre social media so I had no idea where any of this stuff was.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

bohemian

• Rep: -329
« Reply #252 on: March 13, 2024, 01:35:01 PM »
cool series. dude raffle maybe too much forced history trivia, but hell, nerds gotta nerd and i salute them.

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 173
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #253 on: March 13, 2024, 03:38:58 PM »
cool series. dude raffle maybe too much forced history trivia, but hell, nerds gotta nerd and i salute them.

That's what he does, not forced I think. Also would be pointless without him going full Dr Barrow
check my music

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 449
« Reply #254 on: March 14, 2024, 12:15:13 AM »
Favourite episode so far, came together absolutely perfectly. Danny Supa's nollie.

Pappy Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 157
« Reply #255 on: March 14, 2024, 12:19:58 AM »

love this series.
He mentioned TJ’s sea of tricks done into the bank. He didn’t mention what videos the other tricks were from either. He just talks about the skating.

Dog the Bounty Hunter

• Rep: 2
« Reply #256 on: March 14, 2024, 01:52:51 AM »
That was the best one so far
Icehead

Rasmus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 66
« Reply #257 on: March 14, 2024, 02:12:40 AM »
That was amazing - I'm coming to new york in a few weeks for some days, and I have already planned to force skate history down my gf's throat

Skibb

• Rep: 68
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #258 on: March 14, 2024, 02:15:50 AM »
Sick ep, as always. Anybody know why there's a fence around the stairs nowadays?

corey websturd

« Reply #259 on: March 14, 2024, 03:03:59 AM »
Great stuff here.

Jim and Dan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 498
  • Twenty-six Conversions in A.D. 46
« Reply #260 on: March 14, 2024, 06:04:05 AM »
Was there really that big of a gap in tricks from the Natiello's ollie to Billy Rohan's nollie hardflip? The way that segment is presented makes it either sound like nothing happened in-between or Ted is just speaking anecdotally about what he remembers (which looking back is the case), because I definitely know that Supa nollied into it before Rohan did the nollie hardflip. I don't know why that bothered me so much, but it was kind of the same thing with Blubba, as I'm pretty sure the first time a majority of us saw that spot was AVE in Photosynthesis, which wasn't even mentioned. I know this is getting into nit-picky territory, but the skate-nerd inside me just wants to scream. But otherwise the segment was great and I especially liked the little insight into the origins of the stones used on the Courthouse and Blubba, from Purple Shoe Lou nonetheless.
Roll for Rusty, Frip, Dapple and Tate

"My boiz better take my body, and boardslide me down the fucking bridge, in San Francisco"

Frank Sobotka

• Rep: 95
  • We used to make shit in this country, build shit
« Reply #261 on: March 14, 2024, 07:06:03 AM »
Was there really that big of a gap in tricks from the Natiello's ollie to Billy Rohan's nollie hardflip? The way that segment is presented makes it either sound like nothing happened in-between or Ted is just speaking anecdotally about what he remembers (which looking back is the case), because I definitely know that Supa nollied into it before Rohan did the nollie hardflip. I don't know why that bothered me so much, but it was kind of the same thing with Blubba, as I'm pretty sure the first time a majority of us saw that spot was AVE in Photosynthesis, which wasn't even mentioned. I know this is getting into nit-picky territory, but the skate-nerd inside me just wants to scream. But otherwise the segment was great and I especially liked the little insight into the origins of the stones used on the Courthouse and Blubba, from Purple Shoe Lou nonetheless.

I think this is the case and I'm fine with that, this isn't a Dern Brother's episode. And a Lurker Lou shout was cool, didn't expect that!

I hope they go whole hog with this series and do some LA shit, Paris, Barcelona, and even a trip over to London to do Southbank and collaborate with the likes of PWBC & ex Blueprint guys on all the other British spots (see that Quartersnacks/Lucien Clarke piece on the Victoria Benches last year for example, that was really good content).

let’s go home

• Rep: 35
« Reply #262 on: March 14, 2024, 07:44:25 AM »
Well that’s basically the main point of the show.

This was another great one. I like that they keep episodes in compact ten minutes instead of stretching the lenght into 15+ minutes just mentioning bunch of tricks and skaters.

Natas_Fauxas

• Rep: 101
« Reply #263 on: March 20, 2024, 09:07:13 AM »
🚨🚨ILLEGAL!!!! 👇👇👇🚨🚨

dill8849

• Rep: -41
« Reply #264 on: March 20, 2024, 09:41:35 AM »

Another great one. I'm honestly shocked how square/sharp those ledges still are considering how much they have been skated over the years. It has always been such a cool looking spot.

231st Street

• Rep: -212
« Reply #265 on: March 20, 2024, 10:00:14 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Another great one. I'm honestly shocked how square/sharp those ledges still are considering how much they have been skated over the years. It has always been such a cool looking spot.

So good..

Jim and Dan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 498
  • Twenty-six Conversions in A.D. 46
« Reply #266 on: March 20, 2024, 11:15:47 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I think this is the case and I'm fine with that, this isn't a Dern Brother's episode. And a Lurker Lou shout was cool, didn't expect that!

I hope they go whole hog with this series and do some LA shit, Paris, Barcelona, and even a trip over to London to do Southbank and collaborate with the likes of PWBC & ex Blueprint guys on all the other British spots (see that Quartersnacks/Lucien Clarke piece on the Victoria Benches last year for example, that was really good content).

I don't need a full rundown of all the tricks done on the spot and certainly wasn't expecting that, the chronology just seemed off, as it made it sound like nothing happened for practically a decade.

Pyramid Ledges one was good and I 2nd the interest in the little tid-bits about the expansion of Manhattan, very interesting.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2024, 12:48:13 PM by Jim and Dan »
Roll for Rusty, Frip, Dapple and Tate

"My boiz better take my body, and boardslide me down the fucking bridge, in San Francisco"

HyperBeam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -58
« Reply #267 on: March 20, 2024, 11:26:52 AM »
dude is clearly running out of different ways to say "downtown skate spot with diverse mineral compositions built by architecture"

zahed

• Rep: -25
« Reply #268 on: March 20, 2024, 11:40:15 AM »
didn't know those facts about how lower manhattan was expanded. is it skate stopped right now? haven't been there in a couple months and last time it was.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 252
« Reply #269 on: March 20, 2024, 04:09:43 PM »
Snuck a pic of Fred Trump in there