Author Topic: This Old Ledge with Ted Barrow  (Read 24379 times)

ToySanta

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
Re: This Old Ledge with Ted Barrow
« Reply #300 on: March 28, 2024, 02:39:13 PM »
Frankie Spears has a fan! He has shown up in every episode this season.

This episode was not as dialed, in my opinion. Between the slander of the mosaic (“weird.. whatever thing”), the dismissiveness of Grant, and the pre-recorded voiceover, I don’t think Ted was much into it.

Lots of impressive tricks in here, for sure.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2024, 07:59:03 PM by ToySanta »

totallyradical

• Rep: -23
« Reply #301 on: March 28, 2024, 03:04:57 PM »
I think these are boring and the east coast looks miserable to skate.  Fuck these spots.

Some dude

• Rep: -41
« Reply #302 on: March 28, 2024, 03:42:16 PM »
I think these are boring and the east coast looks miserable to skate.  Fuck these spots.

this guy

Buttworm

• Rep: 32
« Reply #303 on: March 28, 2024, 03:52:21 PM »
Hoping I can bevel into my gf backend afterteds extensive nycspot history

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 212
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #304 on: March 28, 2024, 04:13:37 PM »
holy fuck that is an inconceivably soft thing to say

the bolded text has to be the most opposite of "totallyradical" i've ever read
Wow sorry, didn't realise I was dealing with a sick cunt here

Crust

• Rep: 42
« Reply #305 on: March 28, 2024, 04:18:21 PM »

Absolutely nuts that Rizzo was trying the nosegrind back 180 with that car parked on the rollaway (8:23)

BurritoMiles

• Rep: 0
« Reply #306 on: March 28, 2024, 04:22:03 PM »
Another gem but they need to hire a proper audio person, the voiceovers were really bad.

totallyradical

• Rep: -23
« Reply #307 on: March 28, 2024, 07:44:21 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

this guy

That guy is in better shape.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 971
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #308 on: March 28, 2024, 08:08:53 PM »
Grants tomb is the shit. I need to see it. I would tail drop into it once. Just to see how it feels.

Y'all ever been to harpers ferry WV? I went once. Didn't have my board. I was kinda tripping when I went there but if memory servers right.

It was basically a giant ledge with cobblestone roll away everywhere. We should take the money from this old ledge and try and buy it. Start a ledge skaters retirement community on the Potomac
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

AsianVegan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 95
« Reply #309 on: March 28, 2024, 08:19:55 PM »
Suciu’s little Ollie into the second bank was wild, otherworldly control. Especially when you compare everyone else battling that roll away. I’m loving these eps.

Shtonk

• Rep: -328
« Reply #310 on: March 29, 2024, 04:46:41 AM »
Frankie Spears has a fan! He has shown up in every episode this season.

This episode was not as dialed, in my opinion. Between the slander of the mosaic (“weird.. whatever thing”), the dismissiveness of Grant, and the pre-recorded voiceover, I don’t think Ted was much into it.

Lots of impressive tricks in here, for sure.

That Mosaic is an abysmal piece of shit, Grant has a pretty hilarious track record of chosing corrupt collaborators. What exactly is your criticism? We should love all art and patriotic presidents? You must not know Ted Barrow very well.. I think he's being even a little too constrained for my liking, would love a more sassy Ted on the public stage.

backside_frontside

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -298
« Reply #311 on: March 29, 2024, 05:03:57 AM »
You’d think general Grant had a mean switch tre with all the fans he has ITT lol get over it he’s dead

Frankie Spears’s switch pop shuv nosegrind 180 is my favorite trick done on it.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1960
« Reply #312 on: March 29, 2024, 06:04:37 AM »
Of all the reasons I've seen videos nitpicked on this site, dismissiveness of a 19th century president might be the funniest.

Ignatius J Reilly

• Rep: 269
  • often correct
« Reply #313 on: March 29, 2024, 07:07:24 AM »
Of all the reasons I've seen videos nitpicked on this site, dismissiveness of a 19th century president might be the funniest.
a nineteenth century president's wife, at that

weird episode to end this run on, not bad but i don't think grant's tomb as as spot has the kind of oomph that the banks or pyramid ledges (or, like many suggested, flushing) has. i know ted is a reformed upper west sider though, so i assume this was more of a pet project for him

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 359
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #314 on: March 29, 2024, 08:40:21 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

weird episode to end this run on, not bad but i don't think grant's tomb as as spot has the kind of oomph that the banks or pyramid ledges (or, like many suggested, flushing) has. i know ted is a reformed upper west sider though, so i assume this was more of a pet project for him

More like patriarchy is fucking stupid and the only incorporation or mention of women into this episode was a photo of a scantily clad sex worker and the inability to look up the other persons name who is buried there. Doesn’t matter if it’s intentional or blatant or what, all it does is reinforce the disgusting idea that women are objects. So yeah, do better, it’s basic and not that difficult.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

Ignatius J Reilly

• Rep: 269
  • often correct
« Reply #315 on: March 29, 2024, 08:42:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

More like patriarchy is fucking stupid and the only incorporation or mention of women into this episode was a photo of a scantily clad sex worker and the inability to look up the other persons name who is buried there. Doesn’t matter if it’s intentional or blatant or what, all it does is reinforce the disgusting idea that women are objects. So yeah, do better, it’s basic and not that difficult.
your super loud faux-intellectual shtick is fucking exhausting, man

mattchew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 359
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #316 on: March 29, 2024, 08:47:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Smash that ignore button if my two posts (loud? lol get a grip) on this episode pointing out his lame shortcomings while simultaneously praising this series is too much for you.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
« Reply #317 on: March 29, 2024, 09:16:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Wait, I thought based off your username you’d be into that.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #318 on: March 29, 2024, 09:17:54 AM »
Can’t we all agree Grant is the closest to Fred Gall POtUS is ever going to get?

Frank Sobotka

• Rep: 88
  • We used to make shit in this country, build shit
« Reply #319 on: March 29, 2024, 09:35:55 AM »
Good god there are some proper boot eaters on this forum.  Who cares if he disrespected some dead president. This is skateboarding not croquet.

Violator

• Rep: 73
« Reply #320 on: March 29, 2024, 05:23:37 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Absolutely nuts that Rizzo was trying the nosegrind back 180 with that car parked on the rollaway (8:23)

This! Fucking insane thinking of threading the needle switch going that fast.  I kept saying out loud, "Why???"

Shtonk

« Reply #321 on: March 30, 2024, 12:40:02 AM »
I'm a little confused why he chose this spot over other more prolific spots like that big round pond thing with the globe in the middle sorry don't know the name. The cellar door thing on village psychic would've made for a super interesting episode maybe co-featuring the author of that article?

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #322 on: March 30, 2024, 02:30:24 AM »
I'm a little confused why he chose this spot over other more prolific spots like that big round pond thing with the globe in the middle sorry don't know the name. The cellar door thing on village psychic would've made for a super interesting episode maybe co-featuring the author of that article?

Yup a cellar door definitely seems like it would fit seamlessly in a discussion about skateboarding in public spaces and how those public spaces came to be

Shtonk

« Reply #323 on: March 30, 2024, 09:58:38 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yup a cellar door definitely seems like it would fit seamlessly in a discussion about skateboarding in public spaces and how those public spaces came to be

That's your definition of the series based on past episodes, it's not written anywhere. Also sidewalks seem pretty public to me but not like you're really trying to have a discussion here

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 971
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #324 on: March 30, 2024, 10:09:41 AM »

Worlds fair might be too much work
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #325 on: March 30, 2024, 10:13:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

That's your definition of the series based on past episodes, it's not written anywhere. Also sidewalks seem pretty public to me but not like you're really trying to have a discussion here

Yeah I’m just basing it off the episodes so far that get into the historical context of the public area - who and why it was created in the specific city while tying that into the history of skaters discovering it and remaking the public space to their own purposes.

Not sure why people fight with this and EL on their clear scopes of what they want to cover vs what posters wish they covered, but the intent of the series or ep is pretty clear

Style Police

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 781
« Reply #326 on: March 30, 2024, 11:07:09 AM »
CBS Mid town would be a great episode.

Shifty Flip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #327 on: March 31, 2024, 02:55:20 AM »
Grants tomb is the shit. I need to see it. I would tail drop into it once. Just to see how it feels.

Y'all ever been to harpers ferry WV? I went once. Didn't have my board. I was kinda tripping when I went there but if memory servers right.

It was basically a giant ledge with cobblestone roll away everywhere. We should take the money from this old ledge and try and buy it. Start a ledge skaters retirement community on the Potomac

Huge hill bombs too. Beautiful town.  View when you hike to the top of the mountain there is breathtaking.  Lots of trains action there too (and ShenJun is nearby also).