Author Topic: New Project whip!!!!!!!  (Read 515 times)

bornindabay

New Project whip!!!!!!!
« on: May 12, 2007, 09:28:58 PM »
After searching and searching on Craigslist I found a deal and a worthy car to restore...
I bought it in Modesto and it was parked for 4 years. Dudes son went to Iraq so it sat.
For 4 years sitting it just fired right up! It's got some minor issues like many old cars
but nothing I don't know how to deal with.I was tripping when I drove it home cause
it was smoking into the passenger compartment but the dude took out the pcv valve
and I found out later. That air/smoke is supposed to go back into the carb for even more
power/air intake! So what I thought for a second was a bad move turned into better than I expected
cause it'll run stronger now. Tomorrow I drain the radiator, engine oil, and already have a new air filter.
Just got some gas conditioner in a full tank so when it's on empty I'll throw in some gumout. The deposits
will then make their way into the fuel filters and at that point I'll swap out the 2 filters.

I'll need to rust convert and fiberglass fill some areas and also bondo around a lot of areas
on the car. Should take a couple months. Then, I'll scuff and shoot it with a red single stage.
Last I'll buff the whole car so it has that buttery gloss shine. Those stupid looking star things
on the rims are annoying and will get taken off. Those are cool old school rims too.
Dude drilled holes in the rims to get those on but I'll fiber glass fill them and shoot it with a gloss black.
The drums will be painted red to match.

Fucking great deal and perfect for a body guy cause it runs good. It only has a 2 barrell carb
but will probably get a 4 barrell so it'll be faster. Not sure if I want to sell it but will fish around
when it's done.

Sorry for the excitement.

Whokilled1962

Re: New Project whip!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2007, 12:04:01 AM »
Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!
Pretty solid looking besides the rims issue you talked about.

Ive been in the market for an 76 Nova or Duster for sometime but unfortunately I dont have the time nor money  to put in maintainting and repairing the beast >:(

the 4 barrell carb is for sure the way to go, what does it have under the hood?

bornindabay

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2007, 06:06:11 AM »
350 and just a 2 barrel. not sure of the tranny. It's got a b&m shifter(at) I got my work cut out for me.

grimcity

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2007, 06:14:36 AM »
Fucking right, Sanch! That's a seriously nice start, man! Take pics of it as you progress with it.

backtoschool

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2007, 09:22:49 PM »
That's a 69 right? I've got a '69 as well. Not in perfect shape by any means but it's got a built 455 with a turbo 400. MSD, stall converter, Edelbrock headers and 4 barrel. So fucking loud!
 I'll post a pick of it later.