Skateboarding > Skate Questions

My park is under an overpass. A lot of pigeon mess. Best way to clean up?

(1/5) > >>

thetrashisright:
Anyone run into this sort of issue? Trying to figure out a minimal-equipment cleaning setup that I may also be able to just leave there. I feel like just bringing a gallon of water would just sort of smear it around but I can't reasonably bring a whole mop and bucket setup and leave it there. It's a dense and busy part of the city and all that. The pigeons really know how to drop it right where you're gonna be coming off the quarter or trying to pick up some speed through.

realbasedgod112:
bring a spade/shovel with a completely flat end and scrape it off, then either get a stiff-bristled broom and sweep it or bring a wind blower thing . the shit they use for leafs

layzieyez:
Don’t get meningitis from the abundance of bird feces.

https://www.cdc.gov/meningitis/fungal.html

thetrashisright:

--- Quote from: layzieyez on July 16, 2023, 10:37:49 PM ---Don’t get meningitis from the abundance of bird feces.

https://www.cdc.gov/meningitis/fungal.html

--- End quote ---

Oh for sure, part of why I want to clean it up. I'd be going at this with a mask, I've been in industrial and custodial settings before. I also clean my board/wheels down with alcohol after skating there. I already am risking all sorts of respiratory issues from the overpass itself, but I also am not there all day every day or anything.

thetrashisright:

--- Quote from: realbasedgod112 on July 16, 2023, 08:37:54 PM ---bring a spade/shovel with a completely flat end and scrape it off, then either get a stiff-bristled broom and sweep it or bring a wind blower thing . the shit they use for leafs

--- End quote ---

Thanks, I think bringing something handheld that is flat (hell, even a big putty scraper), dispose of the significant mess and go from there is probably the way to go. Problem with anyone bigger/equipment is this is just going to happen every time I visit and I have to go via train so that's a whole thing. But yeah, just doing it more mechanically makes sense.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version