Author Topic: Slim/Straight Pants survivors  (Read 3955 times)

swongolianbbq

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 44
Re: Slim/Straight Pants survivors
« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2024, 07:14:14 PM »
When I first started skating I wore dickies and old dress pants and stuff. During the baker 3 era I wore a lot of 501s/505s, then I got some rvca spanky's and some k-slims, both of which stretched a lot more than the Levi's, but the Levi's were from the thrift store and the skate jeans were expensive. The rvcas were thin and i patched the butt up a bunch, the kr3ws were real thick and had so much spandex the ass would diaper out after a day of skating. then i just started rocking dickies and old dress pants again. Got a couple pairs of Ben Davis and Carhartts in rotation. Some of them like the Ben Davis and Dickies fit real straight, whereas the Carhartts are looser. I just can't hang with the lower rise a lot of the tailored looking pants have, and I destroy pants so much I don't want to get hooked on a style that won't be cheaply and easily available. My 2c

That being said you can get well fitting and good looking pants and jeans on Uniqlo for a really good price most of the time, and they'll hem them to whatever length you want.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
« Reply #61 on: March 13, 2024, 07:34:14 PM »
the superior pant.  oh the depths of depravity we have found ourselves in. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 577
« Reply #62 on: March 13, 2024, 08:29:00 PM »
When I first started skating I wore dickies and old dress pants and stuff. During the baker 3 era I wore a lot of 501s/505s, then I got some rvca spanky's and some k-slims, both of which stretched a lot more than the Levi's, but the Levi's were from the thrift store and the skate jeans were expensive. The rvcas were thin and i patched the butt up a bunch, the kr3ws were real thick and had so much spandex the ass would diaper out after a day of skating. then i just started rocking dickies and old dress pants again. Got a couple pairs of Ben Davis and Carhartts in rotation. Some of them like the Ben Davis and Dickies fit real straight, whereas the Carhartts are looser. I just can't hang with the lower rise a lot of the tailored looking pants have, and I destroy pants so much I don't want to get hooked on a style that won't be cheaply and easily available. My 2c

That being said you can get well fitting and good looking pants and jeans on Uniqlo for a really good price most of the time, and they'll hem them to whatever length you want.

+1 to Uniqlo I love skating in the slim selvedge stretch jawns. They aren't the best quality but I usually get a year or so out of them both skating and casual wear. I have big ass thighs so the only reason I have to retire them is cus of crotch blowouts. Tried skating Dickies 873/874 for a bit but would always get holes/rips pretty quickly.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2024, 10:02:42 PM by FatGuy92 »

swongolianbbq

• Rep: 44
« Reply #63 on: March 13, 2024, 09:59:41 PM »
Uniqlo is solid for sure, but not the highest quality. But at 20-40 for pants what do we expect

Dickies are hit or miss. The sizing and quality can be wildly off. I've had a few really good ones though, or I've had ones that fit good but fall apart. I've tried on some that were baggy on me in the same size be way up my butt, it's wild. My solution ordering online is to just get the longest inseam possible in my usual sizes, so the chances of a more comfortable top block are increased. Nowadays I just get them at thrift stores and wear a belt. I have big thighs and calves for my size from backpacking and cycling and if I get Dickies tts they fit high and slim. So do the wrangler 936 jeans and wranchers.

I think for the slim/tapered/straight pants, like when the rest of your wardrobe fits the way your tailored suit fits, the rises almost always seem too low. I even think the 501/505 waist is too low. Just me though, I don't wear them up on my waist all the time but if I'm working outside or need to do some karate ass shit I can just tighten the belt up.

It'd be cool if Levi's did their cowboy 517 jeans in a straight leg and not boot cut. There's a little mechanical stretch from the polyester content. I have no idea how I skated in 100% cotton 501's for as long as I did.

Idk my money's still on Uniqlo for having sharp-looking slim and tapered cuts that are comfortable and affordable for skating
« Last Edit: March 13, 2024, 10:12:02 PM by swongolianbbq »