Author Topic: Things you found out embarrassingly late in life  (Read 3762 times)

ThatIsNotCricket

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 79
Things you found out embarrassingly late in life
« on: August 11, 2023, 02:33:13 PM »
I'm in my mid 30's, and two days ago I found out that male dogs piss with a leg raised, and female dogs piss sitting down. I always thought all dogs (male and female) just switch it up, going with whatever they feel like at a given moment (maybe the raised leg usually for claiming territory, and the sitting down generally for the actual job).

I found out when my wife's friend brought her dog over, and we were forced to watch it run around the garden like a maniac and piss on each and every object available. I try to make some small talk and ask the friend if the dog is male or female, my wife states that its pretty obvious the dog is male, and I ask her how she can tell. I've never seen concern, pity and fear come together in one reaction like that.

Any other blind spots in general knowledge that came to light embarrassingly late?

WashingtonNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 256
  • Precision Posture
Re: Things you found out embarrassingly late in life
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2023, 03:49:09 PM »
Didn't realize that women's sanitary pads are adhered to their underwear, with the absorbent material against the skin.

Not sure exactly how I thought they were used, but I figured they were more like a bandaid - both adhesive and absorbent material on the skin side.

and I'm not telling my SO I never realized this.
Wow sorry, didn't realise I was dealing with a sick cunt here

323-BALM

• Rep: 50
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2023, 04:02:19 PM »
damn, thanks for the dogknowledge, you've passed that one along. And dogknowledge is power.

i think half my vocabulary is off. Words that I've only read, only heard, or arrogantly assumed I was saying correctly. Best one isn't mine, but my friend's...exclaimed from the kitchen: "holy shit! Bow tie pasta is...little bow ties!" He'd been certain it was Bo Tai, an asian noodle of some sort...I love that. RIP Mark.

You've clearly never smelled a cauliflower fart.

Jebediah

• Rep: 108
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2023, 04:09:31 PM »
Decent dental hygiene, like scraping each side of the of the teeth while flossing instead of just passing floss between them

6ix9ine

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2023, 05:28:05 PM »
That females have one hole for pissing and ANOTHER completely separate hole for fucking. Don't mean to sound vulgar but yeah female anatomy has always confused me.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2023, 05:35:35 PM »
i bet a lot of things confuse you

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2023, 06:08:22 PM »
Decent dental hygiene, like scraping each side of the of the teeth while flossing instead of just passing floss between them

This is hilarious.

I'm actually impressed because you might be onto something???

Ahaha
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 539
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2023, 11:46:31 PM »
In high school a couple friends who also skated told me there was this girl who had a crush on me and gave them a letter to give to me. I was intrigued by this mysterious girl and kept asking them for the letter but they kept saying oh we forgot it - we'll give it to you later.

It was only in my 30s when it finally dawned on me that they had been lying to me.

bob george

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2023, 12:45:46 AM »
I'm in my mid 30's, and two days ago I found out that male dogs piss with a leg raised, and female dogs piss sitting down. I always thought all dogs (male and female) just switch it up, going with whatever they feel like at a given moment (maybe the raised leg usually for claiming territory, and the sitting down generally for the actual job).

I found out when my wife's friend brought her dog over, and we were forced to watch it run around the garden like a maniac and piss on each and every object available. I try to make some small talk and ask the friend if the dog is male or female, my wife states that its pretty obvious the dog is male, and I ask her how she can tell. I've never seen concern, pity and fear come together in one reaction like that.

Any other blind spots in general knowledge that came to light embarrassingly late?

i did not really ever take this detail in until just now. wow.
that skinny motherfucker with the high voice

Quique

• Rep: 52
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2023, 05:15:14 AM »

I learn how to correctly brush my teeth when I was 18. Went to the dentist ,first time by myself, had a lot of shit to fix. Dr looks me and said "show me how you brush your teeth", I perform and to my surprise I was doing it all wrong. Basically I was just cleaning the tips. Took me a long time to get everything fixed but from that point I had no real issues with my mouth.

Don't know who's to blame, me, my parents or the education system but I never felt so dumb in my life.

Pony_Slaystation

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2023, 07:53:07 AM »
I thought Hooters was a chain of strip clubs until I was like 18 when I went for the first time for a friend’s birthday.

Bucketguy

• Rep: 19
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2023, 12:13:30 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

i did not really ever take this detail in until just now. wow.
My dog is a girl and she switches it up. Most times it’s a squat with a leg up. Maybe she’s confused.

brent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 741
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2023, 02:13:06 PM »
its macadamia nut and not macadamian nut
This armor plating is going to get a little more diesel.

DirtyCheddarKids

• Rep: 43
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2023, 02:55:05 PM »
When I was 20 I put a cigarette out on my toenail, because I was too lazy to get an ashtray and you know, you can cut your nails, so you don’t feel stuff down there. Excruciating pain followed.

When I was around 30 and my knees were already fucked, I learned to walk properly. Heel first and then roll off. With ankle movement. I never did that before in my life, I just walked around flat feeted as fuck.

Can’t wait to find out what I’m gonna learn at age 40.
Quote from: Uncle Flea
4 shoes is impressive AF. I could barely sell drugs.

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -410
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2023, 07:39:30 AM »
I’m not special and my parents never really loved each other

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2023, 02:58:49 PM »
All the dinosaurs in Jurassic park were engineered to be female but life finds a way

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2018
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2023, 08:56:59 PM »
its macadamia nut and not macadamian nut

Expand Quote
[close]

I learn how to correctly brush my teeth when I was 18. Went to the dentist ,first time by myself, had a lot of shit to fix. Dr looks me and said "show me how you brush your teeth", I perform and to my surprise I was doing it all wrong. Basically I was just cleaning the tips. Took me a long time to get everything fixed but from that point I had no real issues with my mouth.

Don't know who's to blame, me, my parents or the education system but I never felt so dumb in my life.

Didn't know shit about dental hygiene until my wife started working in the industry, I was brushing way too hard and missing all the important crevices (between teeth, near the gums).
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2023, 09:07:00 PM »

Not all male dogs cock their legs to piss. Mine doesn't, and they reckon It's cos he was desexed so young. That wasn't my choice though, the rescue place snips them as soon as they get them, regardless of age, the poor blighter.
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

6ix9ine

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2023, 09:17:07 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Not all male dogs cock their legs to piss. Mine doesn't, and they reckon It's cos he was desexed so young. That wasn't my choice though, the rescue place snips them as soon as they get them, regardless of age, the poor blighter.

I have a pitbull and it would fuck your dog up so hard

WashingtonNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 256
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2023, 02:12:16 PM »
You want a fuckin trophy or somn
Wow sorry, didn't realise I was dealing with a sick cunt here

Mr. Pickles

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 46
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2023, 02:21:52 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

My brother’s beagle doesn’t lift his leg to piss, and I always thought it was because he was raised in an apartment and trained to go on the pads.

bob george

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2023, 03:07:55 PM »
Yeah, turns out this is definitely not correct, or at least not so black and white.

We had to take our cat to the vet yesterday and I met a dog on the way in, he went straight outside, popped a squat and pissed on the grass outside.
that skinny motherfucker with the high voice

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 344
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2023, 06:09:07 PM »
My female dog pisses both ways. I think your wife is the one that should be embarrassed.

Keep_on_Chooglin

• Rep: 31
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2023, 08:54:56 PM »
My go-to fun fact for like 15 years was that a group of raccoons is called a business of raccoons. I recently found out this is fact false and it's a group of ferrets that is called a business.

Completely blew my mind.

Yonnycage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -110
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2023, 05:41:38 AM »
My go-to fun fact for like 15 years was that a group of raccoons is called a business of raccoons. I recently found out this is fact false and it's a group of ferrets that is called a business.

Completely blew my mind.

I just found out the other night that a group of crows is called a murder. I was flabbergasted

eranka

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2023, 06:11:45 AM »

happened to me too, exactly the same scenario but with a friend. we were walking our dogs and i asked him why his dog wasnt marking anything. had no idea females and males peed differently but i did grow up with cats and didnt have many dogs around me.
did you know that a cat with 3 colors is almost always a female? grew up thinking it was common knowledge but met many people who had no idea.

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2023, 06:43:21 AM »
I am 30 and have had my car for 10 years, never knew you can "flip" the rear view mirror at night so that headlights aren't so harsh. My girlfriend did it in her car a few months ago and I was like oh that's a neat feature your car has, then she proceeded to tell me that most cars have it (and I'm the annoying car nerd).

She was right though: the car I've had for 10 years has it, and so does the 24 year old Miata I bought last year lol.

DirtyCheddarKids

• Rep: 43
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2023, 07:03:17 AM »
I am 30 and have had my car for 10 years, never knew you can "flip" the rear view mirror at night so that headlights aren't so harsh. My girlfriend did it in her car a few months ago and I was like oh that's a neat feature your car has, then she proceeded to tell me that most cars have it (and I'm the annoying car nerd).

She was right though: the car I've had for 10 years has it, and so does the 24 year old Miata I bought last year lol.

Didn’t know that either. Come to think of it I realise  I don’t understand half the buttons of any given appliance I own. The older I get the more I realise I don’t know shit in general.
Quote from: Uncle Flea
4 shoes is impressive AF. I could barely sell drugs.

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -410
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2023, 07:18:48 AM »
Didn’t know that either. Come to think of it I realise  I don’t understand half the buttons of any given appliance I own. The older I get the more I realise I don’t know shit in general.
Didn’t know what the bagel button on a toaster did until I was like 26. Thought it just toasted it harder or something.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2023, 08:07:29 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I only ever use that when someone has egregiously bright headlights. It makes me less aware of stuff behind me when it’s engaged.