Author Topic: Do some skaters just always roll faster?  (Read 878 times)

Suangi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 9
Do some skaters just always roll faster?
« on: August 12, 2023, 03:08:42 PM »
There is a guy I skate with and he just always seems to roll faster no matter what board he is on. I thought it was my shit bearings but he was on my board and the same. Maybe he weighs more and has a stronger push or something but even just rolling around he goes faster. Don't get it at all

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1582
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Do some skaters just always roll faster?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2023, 03:45:44 PM »
I’ve seen Busenitz and he pumps in and out of everything…..he always moves forward ie. he doesn’t just jump up for a kickflip…it’s forward….he’s never passive….

Benevenstanciano

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2023, 10:44:26 PM »
Gotta be the physics of his body.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 846
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2023, 01:20:54 AM »
Some people just have a deceptively strong push but I wouldn't be surprised if aerodynamics had more to do with it than we usually think...like smaller people with a more parallel stance would be faster than someone who opens their shoulders. Kind of like an air brake or drogue chute.

AlumarX

• Rep: 13
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2023, 10:07:15 AM »
Forreal. I lent a buddy a deck with a sticky wheel with atoms and the fucker was getting 4ft air over the hip and was popping kickflips crazy high. Meanwhile I struggled to get enough speed to clear some ramps with an ollie and immediately noticed the wheel slowing me down. He just didnt care

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 964
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2023, 10:40:51 AM »
Wider softer wheels?

Boston baked beans?
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

exlurker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 554
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2023, 01:07:34 PM »
The skinny pants trend was 100% about aerodynamics.  Corey Duffel was slicing through the wind like an F-16 while today's polarBigBoy types are essentially dragging a parachute behind them at all times. Safety hands? more like, safety pants

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 212
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2023, 01:19:30 PM »
The skinny pants trend was 100% about aerodynamics.  Corey Duffel was slicing through the wind like an F-16 while today's polarBigBoy types are essentially dragging a parachute behind them at all times. Safety hands? more like, safety pants

Also explains why baggy fits aren't hitting gaps that often. Parachute pants reduce your terminal velocity so you can't stay on the board while dropping 6'+
Wow sorry, didn't realise I was dealing with a sick cunt here

Suangi

• Rep: 9
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2023, 01:32:58 PM »
I've become slightly obsessed with it and think it is because (this guy at least) has a deceptively low centre of gravity- What I mean is he is not a short guy but is really well set on the board if that makes any sense

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2023, 10:44:20 PM »
Gotta be the physics of his body.

He has the bod of Prince Harry….

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 964
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2023, 09:26:36 AM »

I back this.

I skatebloarded in big pants after the slim down. It was definitely about added protection and not looking like other skaters but also about sex. Same with the Adidas snap pants.

It's all about dropping trow faster and getting dressed just as fast before the elevator operators catch you and your partner in the building again

Tight pants are kinda a mission when you're trying to escape with your friend before you get tackled by an angry overworked under sexed door person.

Big and talls make the bloard hit the shins softer but make it hard to find your flip tricks. Probably why I stopped practicing straight heels. The bloard just disappears and I could not tell if I was going primo
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2023, 07:56:44 PM »
I can see the tight pants being less of a trip hazard......if you're jumping out of something, having a foot snag your pant leg flapping around would be death.....