Author Topic: What's the ideal size and radius for a miniramp fitting this trick criteria  (Read 722 times)

PancakeBones

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -13
Planning on making a mini ramp, but I'm unsure what height or turning radius I should use.

I want a ramp that can legitly be Smith'd but not so steep that a blunt kickflip out would be terrifying.

Is there an ideal mini ramp that lets you do air tricks like a bigger ramp but still let you do lip trickery?

Ankle_Lift

• Rep: 79
The mini I built is 5' x 8' x 12' , (I'll measure and double check when I get home) so nice and mellow.

It depends on you steep you want your transition and space between the two trannys. Steep is nice, but you go way faster.

Ray C. Usery

• Rep: 174
  • My brother Roy is into music
you should ask my dad

AlumarX

• Rep: 13
Ben Degros' mini measurements: 3.5 feet tall with 6 foot transition. 15 feet wide

Chavo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
5 feet tall. 8 foot transition. After cutting the transition, I would trace the line over with your hand to make it slightly elliptical (I guess you could also use some sort of CAD program and cut a cardboard template first) so you can clear the lip for smith grinds.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
If there's any ramps you skate that you like the dimensions of you could always go and measure the radius

https://www.mathopenref.com/arcradius.html
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

sharkjumper

• Rep: 40
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
I think you need to decide on a rough height you want first. Do you want a 5 foot high ramp, a 3 foot ramp, something in between? That will help you determine the radius to use. Low height and smith grinds will be pretty tight transitions.
4 foot ramp with 6-6.5 foot radius will do it. Maybe even 4’ high and 7’ radius.

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
Yeah ^^ he’s right about deciding the height first. If you want a 3’ go with a 4’ transition. It’s steep enough you can do slides/grinds and not wheel drag. It’s a challenge at first though but fun once you’re used to it. The one I’ve been lucky enough to be skating recently is a 5’ with a 7 1/2’ transition with a 6’ extension. People regularly complain about not being able to do smiths on the 5’ section.