Author Topic: Really bad movies  (Read 2703 times)

layzieyez

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1500
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Really bad movies
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2023, 06:46:10 PM »
"Another Day In Paradise," "Bully," "Mister Lonely," "Spring Breakers," "The Beach Bum" and "Sicario 2" all go hard.
I’ve watched Another Day in Paradise and Bully, and I agree they were good. I’ll probably end up getting Mister Lonely and The Beach Bum from Sloppy Seconds when I get through more of my backlog of films I have been meaning to watch for ages.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -226
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2023, 06:54:02 PM »
Anything made by M. Knight Scam-a-lot after 1999.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 473
« Reply #62 on: September 01, 2023, 07:56:44 PM »
so i got stacks of old dvd's. recently got around to watching one called Mortal Kombat: Immortal Kombat. it was horrible. everything about it was. upbeat techno soundtrack during normal calm scenes, random white main cast in an otherwise asian setting. but most of all, absolutely no ending. not even something that resembles one.

so just now tried to look it up. couln't even find anything on it.
what i did find was an episode in a 1998 series calles Mortal Kombat: Conquest that was called Immortal Kombat (epidose 4). and that was apperently what i watched. but not long enough (only 40 minutes). looked into it and the other half of the movie was episode 17 called The Master.

now how episode 4 and episode 17 got thrown together and packaged as a movie is beyond me. not only very random, but also it seems those are 2 of the most boring episodes in the series from what i just saw in some yt clips. theres barely any action.
i just wanted to see some cool 90's cgi fatalities. but instead i got this..

Looking forward to this?

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1150
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #63 on: September 02, 2023, 11:42:00 PM »
"Equalizer 3" was pretty weak, imho. I liked the first one and thought the second was serviceable (love that scene where he tells Pedro Pascale that he's gonna kill him then picks up Pascale's kid all friendly-like and gets in the car with his wife).

So I was there opening night. But, respectfully, I think Denzel might be getting too old to be an action star, which is understandable as he's almost 70.

Most of his kills in this film are off screen (or you can't really make him out doing the killing). And I feel like the injury his character incurs in the opening of the movie was just a plot device to excuse Denzel looking frail and hobbling around slowly on a cane.

I watched some press interview he did a few months back and he seemed like his health wasn't great there either (reminded me of Biden giving his speech on the Maui fires).

If you want to finish the trilogy, check it out, but I think you can wait until it hits streaming.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 258
« Reply #64 on: September 03, 2023, 02:56:56 AM »
"Equalizer 3" was pretty weak, imho. I liked the first one and thought the second was serviceable (love that scene where he tells Pedro Pascale that he's gonna kill him then picks up Pascale's kid all friendly-like and gets in the car with his wife).

So I was there opening night. But, respectfully, I think Denzel might be getting too old to be an action star, which is understandable as he's almost 70.

Most of his kills in this film are off screen (or you can't really make him out doing the killing). And I feel like the injury his character incurs in the opening of the movie was just a plot device to excuse Denzel looking frail and hobbling around slowly on a cane.

I watched some press interview he did a few months back and he seemed like his health wasn't great there either (reminded me of Biden giving his speech on the Maui fires).

If you want to finish the trilogy, check it out, but I think you can wait until it hits streaming.

It’s insane to me there is an Equalizer movie and Equalizer TV show running concurrently.   It wasn’t that popular even in the 80s

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 883
« Reply #65 on: September 03, 2023, 03:46:30 AM »
Can't decide how bad knock at the cabin was. Maybe it wasn't even that bad just not that good either.

Weird thing I could stop thinking about (spoiler) when they show the tsunami on the news how the fuck did they get the footage? You see the camera is under water and whoever was recording got completely obliterated. Guess it doesn't matter

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #66 on: September 03, 2023, 07:49:56 AM »
Can't decide how bad knock at the cabin was. Maybe it wasn't even that bad just not that good either.

Weird thing I could stop thinking about (spoiler) when they show the tsunami on the news how the fuck did they get the footage? You see the camera is under water and whoever was recording got completely obliterated. Guess it doesn't matter

Hah well I was doing something (NDA) on Project Almanac, a Michael Bay produced film, and they used footage of an actual plane crash in it and it took them up the the week before the premiere to realize that was tasteless so they had to very quickly substitute in a fake plane crash from a movie

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #67 on: September 03, 2023, 08:02:36 AM »
Expand Quote

Weird thing I couldnt stop thinking about (spoiler) when they show the tsunami on the news how the fuck did they get the footage? You see the camera is under water and whoever was recording got completely obliterated. Guess it doesn't matter
[close]

Hah well I was doing something (NDA) on Project Almanac, a Michael Bay produced film, and they used footage of an actual plane crash in it and it took them up the the week before the premiere to realize that was tasteless so they had to very quickly substitute in a fake plane crash from a movie
This isn't even that clever or would have any real life reasoning. Maybe they could just say the person on the beach was live streaming or something. I'm sure it's one of those things somebody notices in editing or something and they're just like fuck it nobody will notice that it doesn't matter lol

This is the scene
https://youtu.be/0SHhFUcd8iA?si=OvhSoibfylQXHxOF

And I stress I'm just being a nerd here it really doesn't matter lol

323-BALM

• Rep: 50
« Reply #68 on: September 05, 2023, 09:56:57 PM »
Boondocks Saints
whichever Avengers movie I saw
I walked out of Kill Bill
Angry Birds Movie
dude I don’t like movies anymore
You've clearly never smelled a cauliflower fart.

Sketch Hitchcock

• Rep: 187
« Reply #69 on: September 06, 2023, 01:38:08 PM »

This was so, so terrible… almost entertaining how goofy they did this one.  The Quiet Place writers are down bad.

changed1

« Reply #70 on: September 06, 2023, 05:35:13 PM »
Any marvel movie made after like 2010 is unwatchable trash. You have to be 12 or an extremely low IQ to enjoy those movies

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #71 on: September 06, 2023, 06:07:56 PM »
Any marvel movie made after like 2010 is unwatchable trash. You have to be 12 or an extremely low IQ to enjoy those movies

So Iron Man 2 was the last good one for you?   

changed1

« Reply #72 on: September 06, 2023, 06:38:03 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Meh. The first one was pretty good. The first captain America movie wasn’t bad either. Not sure when that came out but I imagine it was around then

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #73 on: September 06, 2023, 07:11:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Meh. The first one was pretty good. The first captain America movie wasn’t bad either. Not sure when that came out but I imagine it was around then

You allowed two Iron Men and the Edward Norton Hulk.   Just a dumb take

changed1

« Reply #74 on: September 06, 2023, 07:24:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

So your point is that no marvel movies were ever good?

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #75 on: September 06, 2023, 07:37:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Far from.   Alone, 3 of the 4 Avengers were great and I think Endgame was an exceptional piece of scripting that is very underrated for what it managed to accomplish and what it managed to pay off.   I am very jealous of that skill and ability.  It very much deserved to be he highest grossing movie of all time.   

changed1

« Reply #76 on: September 06, 2023, 07:49:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Far from.   Alone, 3 of the 4 Avengers were great and I think Endgame was an exceptional piece of scripting that is very underrated for what it managed to accomplish and what it managed to pay off.   I am very jealous of that skill and ability.  It very much deserved to be he highest grossing movie of all time.
Agree to disagree then. All of the avenger movies are horrible imo

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #77 on: September 06, 2023, 08:01:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Don’t forget you listed Crash in your Top 5 movies, I’m assuming from inside your glass house

changed1

« Reply #78 on: September 06, 2023, 08:44:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Don’t forget you listed Crash in your Top 5 movies, I’m assuming from inside your glass house
Crash has a good message.

Marvel movies are corny, convoluted, and cashgrabby

You also put the other guys in your top 5 movies which is goofy as hell. Only like 3 funny jokes in that whole movie.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #79 on: September 06, 2023, 09:04:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

You also put the other guys in your top 5 movies which is goofy as hell. Only like 3 funny jokes in that whole movie.

Pearls before swine. 

Crash is widely viewed as the worst best picture winner by a country mile.   That anyone would ever want to see it a second time beggars belief, or their tv was stuck on TNT 15 years ago and they never fixed it.  It’s a tragedy a beautiful movie like Brokeback Mountain didn’t win Best Picture bc the aging academy voters were uncomfortable with a gay love story and instead gave it to some rapist’s trite racism movie

changed1

« Reply #80 on: September 06, 2023, 09:06:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Pearls before swine. 

Crash is widely viewed as the worst best picture winner by a country mile.   That anyone would ever want to see it a second time beggars belief, or their tv was stuck on TNT 15 years ago and they never fixed it.  It’s a tragedy a beautiful movie like Brokeback Mountain didn’t win Best Picture bc the aging academy voters were uncomfortable with a gay love story and instead gave it to some rapist’s trite racism movie
Says you?
It won a lot more awards than just best picture.
It’s got better rating than the other guys, never heard any hate about it besides you. Never knew Haggis was a rapist though, that sucks to hear.

The virgin Marvel fan vs the chad dc enjoyer

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #81 on: September 06, 2023, 09:13:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Pearls before swine. 

[close]
Says you?
It won a lot more awards than just best picture.
It’s got better rating than the other guys, never heard any hate about it besides you. Never knew Haggis was a rapist though, that sucks to hear.

The virgin Marvel fan vs the chad dc enjoyer

I’m going guess we traffic in very different circles.   

“Even Paul Haggis would later admit that he didn’t think Crash was anywhere near as good as its competition.”
https://screenrant.com/oscars-shocking-moment-crash-brokeback-mountain/

Also, forgot Green Book won best picture too.   That had a good message too, huh

changed1

« Reply #82 on: September 06, 2023, 09:17:57 PM »
Idk I’ve never seen green book and I don’t pay attention to award shows.
I didn’t even know crash won any awards until I looked it up when checking the ratings just now.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #83 on: September 06, 2023, 09:30:03 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This was so, so terrible… almost entertaining how goofy they did this one.  The Quiet Place writers are down bad.
I really didn't think it was that bad. It was a movie for 12 year olds so can't expect too much. Didn't like the design of the wierd Xenomorphy dinosaurs, guess they wanted to be different from Jurassic world and thought they rivalry (for lack of better word) between the humans and the big Dino could of been done better but overall it was fine.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #84 on: September 06, 2023, 09:37:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
I really didn't think it was that bad. It was a movie for 12 year olds so can't expect too much. Didn't like the design of the wierd Xenomorphy dinosaurs, guess they wanted to be different from Jurassic world and thought they rivalry (for lack of better word) between the humans and the big Dino could of been done better but overall it was fine.

Hah I think we talked about it back in March a bunch, but it just made me mad watching it wondering why it existed, why Adam Driver chose to do it, etc.   

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1150
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #85 on: September 06, 2023, 09:45:16 PM »
Thanks for raising Paul Haggis' rape(s). I hadn't hear about that civil trial. Was wondering where he has been.

Imagine owing someone $7.5M and you can't even make any money at all to eat -- let alone pay them -- because no one will give you any work anymore because of some fucked up shit you did. Ha ha. C'est la vie, loser.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #86 on: September 06, 2023, 09:53:15 PM »
Thanks for raising Paul Haggis' rape(s). I hadn't hear about that civil trial. Was wondering where he has been.

Imagine owing someone $7.5M and you can't even make any money at all to eat -- let alone pay them -- because no one will give you any work anymore because of some fucked up shit you did. Ha ha. C'est la vie, loser.

I remember when he was trying to frame it as Scientology smearing him for leaving

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #87 on: September 06, 2023, 09:54:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Hah I think we talked about it back in March a bunch, but it just made me mad watching it wondering why it existed, why Adam Driver chose to do it, etc.
Maybe it was an experiment like what if we made one of those Syfy movies but with a proper actor and a bit higher quality. If it works maybe we can save a ton of money making movies.
Probably a pretty easy job for Driver just walk around the bush for a bit point a sci fi gun at some tennis balls. Prob not too emotionally draining and get a trip to NZ or wherever they filmed it.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #88 on: September 06, 2023, 10:07:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
Maybe it was an experiment like what if we made one of those Syfy movies but with a proper actor and a bit higher quality. If it works maybe we can save a ton of money making movies.
Probably a pretty easy job for Driver just walk around the bush for a bit point a sci fi gun at some tennis balls. Prob not too emotionally draining and get a trip to NZ or wherever they filmed it.

Oh sure, but he just hadn’t done “just a paycheck” roles and didn’t seem like the kind of actor who would for a bit either, which is why I was tricked into seeing it.   

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -226
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #89 on: September 07, 2023, 09:17:14 AM »
I’m gonna go there:

A Scanner Darkly
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion