Author Topic: Doobie Pro for Antihero  (Read 8629 times)

brucewillis

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • Die Hard. www.casualskateshop.com.br
Doobie Pro for Antihero
« on: August 24, 2023, 08:44:11 AM »
I'ma be honest... i feel like this dude is probably a terrible human being. But Julien turned him pro.

breezer

• Rep: -17
Re: Doobie Pro for Antihero
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2023, 08:48:56 AM »
I'ma be honest... i feel like this dude is probably a terrible human being. But Julien turned him pro.

are your feelings hurt? Met him at the weekend, he seems like a nice guy......and getting turned pro for AntiHero is certainly an achievement. 

Bumba

• Rep: 32
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2023, 08:50:13 AM »
He's actually a really down to earth guy

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 238
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2023, 08:50:16 AM »
Fuck this give nick a board

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2023, 08:52:04 AM »

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2023, 08:58:59 AM »
Doobie before matthews?  Cmon bruh

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
  • Get bent
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2023, 09:03:24 AM »
Who?
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

Ourladyoftheflowers

• Rep: 95
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2023, 09:09:22 AM »
Woof. This guy is the example I use with friends as to why I don’t care about modern anti hero. Also hard agree with previous posters it’s bonkers that nick matthews isn’t pro and doopie is

Democratic Republic Of Mongo

• Rep: 116
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2023, 09:11:48 AM »
What’s the dirt on this guy?

bigdave

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2023, 09:16:05 AM »
Did I miss something? He just seems like some Stoney French dude who’s pretty chill. Why should I assume he’s a bad person?
ok thanks

DillsDarts

• Rep: -22
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2023, 09:18:41 AM »
Buncha 35yr olds getting mad at this… AH is for the youth, Doobies part in the voyage vid was a heavy rewind & has been crushing it for years… all ya’ll have seem to forgotten about the whole Manchild thing… people grow & make shitty stupid decisions while young, Nick next up
'Offensive career gets one do over, last attitude gets two tries. Cariuma riders have a bigger margin for error but will ultimately be decided by the referee'.
[/quote]

Luddite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2023, 09:27:08 AM »
The whole world asking for a Nick matthews board and the give us Doobie…

breezer

• Rep: -17
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2023, 09:27:23 AM »
Doobie before matthews?  Cmon bruh

we were watching Doobie getting ready to square up to this ledge - unfortunately the rain halted play - but it seemed Doobie was on a mission to skate.....

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -99
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2023, 09:34:05 AM »
Can't do it with the nickname dudes (Gator Slash Lizard King Doobie etc)
Am excited for the Nick/Gus era of AH though

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2023, 09:38:11 AM »
Can't do it with the nickname dudes (Gator Slash Lizard King Doobie etc)
Am excited for the Nick/Gus era of AH though
Nick has been a favorite since his awake part that he skates to mullet head by beastie boys. Gus is sick! Also, they should put Cedric Pabitch fully on.

mclovin1336

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2023, 09:43:08 AM »
Did I miss something? He just seems like some Stoney French dude who’s pretty chill. Why should I assume he’s a bad person?

I'm not sure whether it may be one specific incident but I guess subsumed from some of his interviews, behaviours in videos and the vans team's "performance" on that vladimir film festival a couple years back, he comes of as pretty drunk and rude guy with egoistic, sexist and antisocial (mostly towards non-skater though) behaviour. Of course, that may be exaggerated, but I think that's the vibe lots of people get from hin and thus dont seem to like him.

Here some passages that may explain/ shed some light on the ressentiments against him (http://soloskatemag.com/victor-pellegrin-the-luckiest-bastard):
"[...] So we were on the road for two weeks in a camper van with two girls and they don’t drink, they don’t smoke… It was fun though, but it was hard for them sometimes because we just had completely different lifestyles."

"No, no, I don’t care. It’s just some thing when I get drunk, I do some helicopters."

"Don’t come when you sit down or it gets on your pants. If you have time in an airport you can go for a shwank." [shwank is shitting while simultaneously wanking]

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2023, 09:44:24 AM »

BUT Julian turned him pro?   Seems like Julian can handle some pretty terrible personalities.  T-Mo, TNT, Andy Roy spring immediately to mind

Ignatius J Reilly

• Rep: 267
  • often correct
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2023, 09:51:41 AM »
AH is for the youth
that is not true and you know it. the average age in that team photo is probably ~36

standfast

• Rep: 19
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2023, 10:01:13 AM »
Congrats to Doobie on going Pro. He put out that part last year and constantly getting coverage.

GumOnMyGrip

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Rep: 223
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2023, 10:04:39 AM »
 Anti hero needs a refresher. The energy seems gone.
The best thing they’ve done recently is the Joe Buffalo deck. That was solid.

Maybe they can go on another Beauty and the Beast and swap riders.

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2023, 10:09:48 AM »
He had last part in Fantastic Voyage, he is next up.  I’d be disappointed if they just handed Nick a board already.  He deserves one in general, but I want him to mesh with AH a bit more and put out a part with them.  There’s no rush for him.  Look at the crew he’s with, he’ll be skating for a long time.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1399
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2023, 10:13:14 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm not sure whether it may be one specific incident but I guess subsumed from some of his interviews, behaviours in videos and the vans team's "performance" on that vladimir film festival a couple years back, he comes of as pretty drunk and rude guy with egoistic, sexist and antisocial (mostly towards non-skater though) behaviour. Of course, that may be exaggerated, but I think that's the vibe lots of people get from hin and thus dont seem to like him.

Here some passages that may explain/ shed some light on the ressentiments against him (http://soloskatemag.com/victor-pellegrin-the-luckiest-bastard):
"[...] So we were on the road for two weeks in a camper van with two girls and they don’t drink, they don’t smoke… It was fun though, but it was hard for them sometimes because we just had completely different lifestyles."

"No, no, I don’t care. It’s just some thing when I get drunk, I do some helicopters."

"Don’t come when you sit down or it gets on your pants. If you have time in an airport you can go for a shwank." [shwank is shitting while simultaneously wanking]

What’s wrong with this? People been making JO jokes forever. People been running around naked when drunk forever. And yup, sounds like different lifestyles. Maybe the dudes a tool i have no idea, but this seems like nothing compared to AH of old. Jesus
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2023, 10:19:34 AM »
No there’s actual thrasher articles of him trying to catcalling with girls of any age from 14 to 76. He may not be in assaulter, but he’s definitely a sexual harasser.

grassblade

« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2023, 10:20:12 AM »
i’m good

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2023, 10:28:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

What’s wrong with this? People been making JO jokes forever. People been running around naked when drunk forever. And yup, sounds like different lifestyles. Maybe the dudes a tool i have no idea, but this seems like nothing compared to AH of old. Jesus

Yeah you guys might have missed the James Craig interview about what to wear to strip clubs, but then again that was 20 years ago.

Still, this all seems rather bengin?
ok thanks

OneMore

• Rep: -3
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2023, 10:35:28 AM »
I'm disappointed

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -99
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2023, 10:38:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah you guys might have missed the James Craig interview about what to wear to strip clubs, but then again that was 20 years ago.

Still, this all seems rather bengin?
Much of Slap is party averse.  God forbid a skater have a couple and do something kinda stupid. 

Mount St. Hermdog

• Rep: 8
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2023, 10:42:34 AM »
this dude suuuucks

backside_frontside

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -300
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2023, 10:46:09 AM »