Author Topic: Doobie Pro for Antihero  (Read 8628 times)

pool coping

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -63
Re: Doobie Pro for Antihero
« Reply #120 on: August 25, 2023, 08:59:33 PM »
I mean I get it, and it’s rad that 18 is developing a heavier euro presence.

But it should have been Cedric.

what would cedric add to anti hero? there are a million bad-vibe generic hell ride kids wearing dystopia t shirts out there

Tireeedd

• Rep: 85
« Reply #121 on: August 25, 2023, 09:52:53 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

what would cedric add to anti hero? there are a million bad-vibe generic hell ride kids wearing dystopia t shirts out there

hahahahaha wearing dystopia shirts lol

LebowskisRug

« Reply #122 on: August 25, 2023, 10:14:45 PM »
So the loudmouth crass party dude is a bad fit, but the quiet dude that rips every and any type of street spot is also a bad fit? Who is the proper middle ground I ask?

needthathufvid

• Rep: -29
« Reply #123 on: August 25, 2023, 10:19:16 PM »
So the loudmouth crass party dude is a bad fit, but the quiet dude that rips every and any type of street spot is also a bad fit? Who is the proper middle ground I ask?
just ask when their other personality kicks in.

needthathufvid

« Reply #124 on: August 25, 2023, 10:20:43 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

cedric was on the forefront of that. He skated to dystopia like 6-7 years ago. Also he rips, seems to just love skating/anti hero, and was raised well. He’s been in purgatory for too long. He should be next in line for pro status by now.

disgruntledMTAEmployee

• Rep: -448
« Reply #125 on: August 25, 2023, 11:04:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
cedric was on the forefront of that. He skated to dystopia like 6-7 years ago. Also he rips, seems to just love skating/anti hero, and was raised well. He’s been in purgatory for too long. He should be next in line for pro status by now.
Hes completely absent from AH's IG posts and full lengths while they're featuring new ams after he's been riding their boards for years prior. AH closed the door on him and will never turn him pro. he's good enough to be pro for a lot of board brands but needs to have some self respect and move on already.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2023, 11:11:44 PM by disgruntledMTAEmployee »

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 437
« Reply #126 on: August 26, 2023, 12:04:27 AM »
Doobie or not Doobie, that is the question

I think good for him and good for antihero to continue to turn people l who live in Europe pro without demanding a move. Pfanner’s shoes are big ones to fill though.

Ignatius J Reilly

• Rep: 267
  • often correct
« Reply #127 on: August 26, 2023, 04:20:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
you’re gonna trip when you learn how long anti hero’s been using dystopia in videos

HeavyAndExpensive

• Rep: 114
« Reply #128 on: August 26, 2023, 05:33:45 AM »
Being pro is a state of mind

ThomasShitt

« Reply #129 on: August 26, 2023, 06:08:11 AM »
lol....why would anyone who rides AH decks care about the team

ToySanta

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 114
« Reply #130 on: August 26, 2023, 08:04:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Doobie before matthews?  Cmon bruh
[close]

Kinda true. Maybe he doesn't wanna go pro at this point in time?

Expand Quote
Separately, but related, I would rather Nick Mathews not turn pro for anti hero and also not ride for them.
[close]

Where do you see him? I can see him on Limo, Krooked, Alltimers, or Quasi through Huf connects. Personally I think he'd be sick on Alltimers, don't think they'd pay him that much though. Who else does he skate with these days? He's from Chicago if I'm not mistaken, what other notable skaters are from there?

I have no good answer and though I do not care for Limo’s graphics, I’d be down to see Cyrus and Nick skate together. Plus, if they keep up their drop + video output we’d get to see regularly scheduled quality skateboard tricks. Alltimers seems still pretty niche and Canadian in my eyes, and I know it’s a long standing joke but Krooked can’t be everyone’s dumping ground can it?

needthathufvid

« Reply #131 on: August 26, 2023, 08:20:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]
you’re gonna trip when you learn how long anti hero’s been using dystopia in videos
my brother I’m fully aware. The shade was thrown at him, not anti hero.

pool coping

• Rep: -63
« Reply #132 on: August 26, 2023, 02:33:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

you mean when he skated to a dystopia song that anti hero had already used in a vid like 15 years prior? 'please julien notice me daddy'

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
« Reply #133 on: August 26, 2023, 02:48:00 PM »
which doobie u b?

Tireeedd

• Rep: 85
« Reply #134 on: August 26, 2023, 03:08:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

you mean when he skated to a dystopia song that anti hero had already used in a vid like 15 years prior? 'please julien notice me daddy'

hehehehehe so real

needthathufvid

« Reply #135 on: August 26, 2023, 04:48:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

at least he did

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 29
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #136 on: August 26, 2023, 05:59:13 PM »
Not going to lie. I have not been following 18 that much. But big congrats

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 844
« Reply #137 on: August 26, 2023, 08:04:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
Separately, but related, I would rather Nick Mathews not turn pro for anti hero and also not ride for them.
[close]

Where do you see him? I can see him on Limo, Krooked, Alltimers, or Quasi through Huf connects. Personally I think he'd be sick on Alltimers, don't think they'd pay him that much though. Who else does he skate with these days? He's from Chicago if I'm not mistaken, what other notable skaters are from there?
[close]

I have no good answer and though I do not care for Limo’s graphics, I’d be down to see Cyrus and Nick skate together. Plus, if they keep up their drop + video output we’d get to see regularly scheduled quality skateboard tricks. Alltimers seems still pretty niche and Canadian in my eyes, and I know it’s a long standing joke but Krooked can’t be everyone’s dumping ground can it?

Wait, why does Alltimers (an NYC based brand that has never made that any sort of a secret but rather makes it a very visible part of its image) seem Canadian to you? Because they have one on the team?

Now that I know about this those Argentine fucks at creature are going to hear it.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #138 on: August 26, 2023, 08:21:27 PM »
Will Marsh and Dustin Henry are Canadian and one of the founders grew up with Dustin. Zered isn't from NYC and now neither is Sully. Alexis is also not from NYC. Some of them have lived and filmed there but it's not central to the brand.

Nick may not be a hell ride transition skater but he skates every type of street obstacle and does some pretty gnarly shit in recent edits. Kinda evens out the squad a bit. Not my first guess for who would sponsor him, but Limo ain't it, that's an actual NYC based team of friends.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
« Reply #139 on: August 26, 2023, 08:45:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Wait, why does Alltimers (an NYC based brand that has never made that any sort of a secret but rather makes it a very visible part of its image) seem Canadian to you? Because they have one on the team?

Now that I know about this those Argentine fucks at creature are going to hear it.

The guys got a point.  I know it’s NY, but it really does feel Canadian with some NYers on it

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #140 on: August 26, 2023, 10:03:17 PM »

Shortys Hardware

• Rep: 110
« Reply #141 on: August 26, 2023, 10:27:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

ET, charles rivard, dana ericson,ben blundell, will marshall....that's at least a handful currently on the team

Pasta Monster

« Reply #142 on: August 27, 2023, 06:56:38 AM »
Never forget

Expand Quote

[close]
It was kind of funny until the second to last hashtag. Is he an edgelord or just a creep?

lord of weed

• Rep: -60
« Reply #143 on: August 27, 2023, 07:51:49 AM »
i think its totally acceptable to be into jailbait untill your 25, its just a natuaral thing

i still remember when slap had a jailbait thread

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1581
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #144 on: August 27, 2023, 07:58:31 AM »
You know that just because something existed on here doesn't make something right....

PS Alltimers is a New York company because I'm pretty sure that's where the owners live.  They seem Canadian, because they are Canadians.....