Author Topic: Doobie Pro for Antihero  (Read 8626 times)

pool coping

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -63
Re: Doobie Pro for Antihero
« Reply #60 on: August 24, 2023, 05:58:27 PM »
fuck yeah. doobie's part in fantastic voyage was so killer. he's not like GT level or anything but has great (sketchy) style and  loads of personality and i think that's what makes him a good fit for anti hero.

those newer dudes on anti hero (gus, fin, nick matthews) are rad but i don't feel like they have soul like doobie. i mean,i think nick is from some midwest city so maybe he's different but i get the vibe that fin and gus are bay area rich kids. i could definitely be wrong but with that in mind it's certainly sick to see a guy like doobie who seems like he grew up on the streets make it in skateboarding. ah is forever keeping it blue collar.

i just wish the newer ah generation was more all-terrain, seems very street focused at the moment. of course raney is still around killing shit but the tree of skateboarding needs its roots watered now and again with some pool-destroying nutjobs.

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 483
« Reply #61 on: August 24, 2023, 06:05:30 PM »
I guess this marks the end of anti hero

Never thought they would break from their long history of sponsoring only the most upstanding and remarkable gentlemen.

ShutYoMouthFoo

• Rep: -12
« Reply #62 on: August 24, 2023, 06:44:53 PM »
fuck yeah. doobie's part in fantastic voyage was so killer. he's not like GT level or anything but has great (sketchy) style and  loads of personality and i think that's what makes him a good fit for anti hero.

those newer dudes on anti hero (gus, fin, nick matthews) are rad but i don't feel like they have soul like doobie. i mean,i think nick is from some midwest city so maybe he's different but i get the vibe that fin and gus are bay area rich kids. i could definitely be wrong but with that in mind it's certainly sick to see a guy like doobie who seems like he grew up on the streets make it in skateboarding. ah is forever keeping it blue collar.

i just wish the newer ah generation was more all-terrain, seems very street focused at the moment. of course raney is still around killing shit but the tree of skateboarding needs its roots watered now and again with some pool-destroying nutjobs.

Gus is from North Carolina actually iirc

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
« Reply #63 on: August 24, 2023, 07:04:59 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Gus is from North Carolina actually iirc

Please confirm his parents’ net worth.  I have to know whether I can like him or not based on the life he was raised in

bluntfullofmid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1
« Reply #64 on: August 24, 2023, 07:09:36 PM »
Anti hero needs a refresher. The energy seems gone.
The best thing they’ve done recently is the Joe Buffalo deck. That was solid.

Maybe they can go on another Beauty and the Beast and swap riders.
hear me out
hypothetically
AH gives up GT, Nick Matthews, Gus and BA (back where he should retire, whenever he’s ready)
Girl trades Cody chapman, simon bannerot, manchild and mccrank (no hate but i know he can rip tranny and might make an interesting fit)
"yall act like abusin' women is so bad."
- Crailtap

mindfuzz

• Rep: 35
« Reply #65 on: August 24, 2023, 08:15:06 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
hear me out
hypothetically
AH gives up GT, Nick Matthews, Gus and BA (back where he should retire, whenever he’s ready)
Girl trades Cody chapman, simon bannerot, manchild and mccrank (no hate but i know he can rip tranny and might make an interesting fit)

Cody Chapman is on Uma

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1159
  • old and in the way
« Reply #66 on: August 24, 2023, 08:31:59 PM »
Nick Matthews should go pro for Aesthetics.

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #67 on: August 24, 2023, 08:41:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Doobie before matthews?  Cmon bruh
[close]

we were watching Doobie getting ready to square up to this ledge - unfortunately the rain halted play - but it seemed Doobie was on a mission to skate.....

Cool? But it didn't happen.

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #68 on: August 24, 2023, 08:42:28 PM »
I’m sure a beauty and the beast would go over real well on here….trade Simon for Nick Matthews and this place would implode….

tbh, i feel like no one would care actually lol. would not have the gravitas of the original.

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 458
« Reply #69 on: August 24, 2023, 08:56:23 PM »
Regardless of feelings, props to Doobie for getting a board. He seems to be a wild personality and had a great part in Fantastic Voy-yaahge.

Big fan of Nick Matthews skating, he fits in the vein of quietly ripping while doing his own thing. Quasi/(maybe Krooked) would have made more sense but look how they’ve handled human-neck, another tight crew to get in, so if he’s in, he’s in.

Gus makes perfect sense, he’s a wildman and hella creative on his board. Sidebar: I watched that dude chug half a handle of vodka goofing off and then do it again for fun when Burnett asked for the photo.

I know nothing about Finn in general, but the footage I have seen is very impressive.

Seems that Frank has a heavy hand in the new recruits these days and I back that being the litmus test.

Wait what? A handle is what we'd call a 40 in Canada right? Like 1.75 litres? So he drank that all in 2 massive slams? How do you not die?

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 353
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #70 on: August 24, 2023, 09:04:16 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
hear me out
hypothetically

GT on Girl is fried

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #71 on: August 24, 2023, 10:20:53 PM »

Kinda true. Maybe he doesn't wanna go pro at this point in time?

Separately, but related, I would rather Nick Mathews not turn pro for anti hero and also not ride for them.

Where do you see him? I can see him on Limo, Krooked, Alltimers, or Quasi through Huf connects. Personally I think he'd be sick on Alltimers, don't think they'd pay him that much though. Who else does he skate with these days? He's from Chicago if I'm not mistaken, what other notable skaters are from there?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2023, 02:18:20 PM by in love w/ fs shuvs »

ExpensiveHandjoe

• Rep: 23
« Reply #72 on: August 24, 2023, 10:43:17 PM »
Who's Nick Matthews ?

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 147
« Reply #73 on: August 24, 2023, 11:23:41 PM »
Pro status - I presume Doobie's name is selling boards.

scoot_or_die

• Rep: -3
« Reply #74 on: August 24, 2023, 11:27:32 PM »
no way dude slammed a handle, had to be a fifth..? thats still pretty buck

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 492
« Reply #75 on: August 24, 2023, 11:28:54 PM »
He's from Chicago if I'm not mistaken, what other notable skaters are from there?
chaz steeze ortiz!

FrenchSkater

• Rep: 28
« Reply #76 on: August 24, 2023, 11:38:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Did I miss something? He just seems like some Stoney French dude who’s pretty chill. Why should I assume he’s a bad person?
[close]

I'm not sure whether it may be one specific incident but I guess subsumed from some of his interviews, behaviours in videos and the vans team's "performance" on that vladimir film festival a couple years back, he comes of as pretty drunk and rude guy with egoistic, sexist and antisocial (mostly towards non-skater though) behaviour. Of course, that may be exaggerated, but I think that's the vibe lots of people get from hin and thus dont seem to like him.

Here some passages that may explain/ shed some light on the ressentiments against him (http://soloskatemag.com/victor-pellegrin-the-luckiest-bastard):
"[...] So we were on the road for two weeks in a camper van with two girls and they don’t drink, they don’t smoke… It was fun though, but it was hard for them sometimes because we just had completely different lifestyles."

"No, no, I don’t care. It’s just some thing when I get drunk, I do some helicopters."

"Don’t come when you sit down or it gets on your pants. If you have time in an airport you can go for a shwank." [shwank is shitting while simultaneously wanking]

I agree.. I'm French, it's nice for a French skater to turn pro, but.. seriously.. this guy doesn't show a good example to kids, he just gets drunk, is very disrespectful to people.. I don't mind that the spirit of skateboarding is rock n roll, but damn it.. There are French people who have crazy talent, are super serious, good mentality, and are never pro.. This guy, I feel like he didn't do much with his life other than live like trash, he seems to be very disrespectful to people on the street, and apparently like you said sexist and he turned pro.. Do you understand the injustice ? Afterwards yes he is very strong, he throws himself quite a lot on big spots .. But to see him become a pro for a big American brand really surprised me .. (I think anti hero recruited him through an acquaintance who is probably a friend or other, and not necessarily for his level in skateboarding. )

I don't want anyone to take my opinion the wrong way, after all I don't know this guy, but when I see his whole mentality from the outside, it can only make me think this  :-\

Prostate Exam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 502
  • registered SLAP offender
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #77 on: August 25, 2023, 12:11:20 AM »
He definitely is my AntiHero

KDP

• Rep: 12
« Reply #78 on: August 25, 2023, 01:10:56 AM »
There are French people who have crazy talent, are super serious, good mentality, and are never pro..

50% of your statement pushing pro status are reasons one should not be pro.

brbr

• Rep: 7
« Reply #79 on: August 25, 2023, 03:08:17 AM »
From Jart flow, to blaze supply to antiz and now pro for AH, it's a big thing, he has been killing it for years in france
Tech doobie :

Larry

• Rep: 8
« Reply #80 on: August 25, 2023, 04:32:33 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
Separately, but related, I would rather Nick Mathews not turn pro for anti hero and also not ride for them.
[close]

Where do you see him? I can see him on Limo, Krooked, Alltimers, and Quasi through Huf connects. Personally I think he'd be sick on Alltimers, don't think they'd pay him that much though. Who else does he skate with these days? He's from Chicago if I'm not mistaken, what other notable skaters are from there?

Nick was on quasi, but I don't know what happened. I think quasi really shat the bed, he was a great fit. I don't really get that why is he on antihero now. Dude deserves more love.

Also what is it with the antihero euro guys? Daan really rips but didn't he post some homophobic stuff on instagram like couple years back. Personally for me all Pfanner footy it's just like watching a drywall. And now this new dookie guy apparently goes around Europe while doing the meatspin. Shit is super fried in the saddest possible way. These guys are in the same team with BA lol

Just shred some serious gnar.

scab

• Rep: 200
« Reply #81 on: August 25, 2023, 04:49:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

Where do you see him? I can see him on Limo, Krooked, Alltimers, and Quasi through Huf connects. Personally I think he'd be sick on Alltimers, don't think they'd pay him that much though. Who else does he skate with these days? He's from Chicago if I'm not mistaken, what other notable skaters are from there?
[close]

Nick was on quasi, but I don't know what happened. I think quasi really shat the bed, he was a great fit. I don't really get that why is he on antihero now. Dude deserves more love.

Also what is it with the antihero euro guys? Daan really rips but didn't he post some homophobic stuff on instagram like couple years back. Personally for me all Pfanner footy it's just like watching a drywall. And now this new dookie guy apparently goes around Europe while doing the meatspin. Shit is super fried in the saddest possible way. These guys are in the same team with BA lol

I'm gonna stand up for Chris here, the man has been hucking for well over 20 years and definitely more than paid his dues. You don't like his skating, fine, but let's not act like being somewhat limited on the board is as offensive as posting homophobic shit or sexually harassing people. These things are not the same at all.

v.2.0.0.1

• Rep: 0
« Reply #82 on: August 25, 2023, 05:13:43 AM »
It’s was also said in another thread. You think Momma Pfanner who seems to be around the crew there would condone Doobie’s behavior if it what folks make it out to be? Also Pfanner appears to be an upstanding family man bringing his kid/s around all the time. Just doesn’t mesh. 

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 622
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #83 on: August 25, 2023, 05:51:19 AM »
Pfanner is vouching for Victor and most certainly made it happen with Antihero.
Maybe because despite his antics Doobie is a good guy or at least not the bad guy some of you think he is.

You seem surprised Antihero is not a gentlemen's club

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
« Reply #84 on: August 25, 2023, 06:00:53 AM »
I mean I get it, and it’s rad that 18 is developing a heavier euro presence.

But it should have been Cedric.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

brbr

• Rep: 7
« Reply #85 on: August 25, 2023, 06:31:35 AM »
Maybe because despite his antics Doobie is a good guy or at least not the bad guy some of you think he is.

Yep if you have ever seen him or skate with him, he's just so crazy to watch skate irl and will hype up everybody around him

Luddite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
« Reply #86 on: August 25, 2023, 06:41:53 AM »
I mean I get it, and it’s rad that 18 is developing a heavier euro presence.

But it should have been Cedric.

I don’t see it, but sure.

Prostate Exam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 502
  • registered SLAP offender
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #87 on: August 25, 2023, 06:46:18 AM »

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 622
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #88 on: August 25, 2023, 07:11:23 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yep if you have ever seen him or skate with him, he's just so crazy to watch skate irl and will hype up everybody around him

i witnessed all his traits ;D, funny & easy going ripper, loud & sometimes annoying when drunk too

pretty antihero to me

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
« Reply #89 on: August 25, 2023, 07:43:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

i witnessed all his traits ;D, funny & easy going ripper, loud & sometimes annoying when drunk too

pretty antihero to me

Chris Pfaner seemed more mellow then the loud barking AH guys like T - Mo TNT Andy Roy etc.

oh well its lame as fuck those skaters had that film festival shut down :/
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[