Author Topic: You've probably got a scar from doing something dumb or rad. What's the story?  (Read 1479 times)

friendly dave

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 738
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
We all skate, so perma swellbows, and shit like that need not apply. I've got two good ones on my face. The one above my eyebrow is dumb as hell though. Back in the 90s as a kid I was super into pro wrestling. So I was practicing body slamming my bean bag chair, as a kid will do. My friend Charlie's mom had just brought him over to play, and I was like "Charlie, watch this" as I body slammed that bean bag chair. I fucked up and nailed my forehead on the fireplace on the way down. Needless to say, Charlie went home with his mom, and my mom took me to the hospital where I ended up getting 12 stitches.

What are some dumb things yall did?
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
Was walking and put my hand on a fencepost as I went around it but the end of the chain link stabbed and got stuck in my finger. As I pulled the wire out my finger just split from about halfway up thru the tip.
I knew my work had good first aid shit and alcohol cleaner so I figured I'd just take care of it there. It looked kinda bad but I wasn't too worried so just cleaned it out and got on with my day, at the end of my shift figured I'd clean it again before I went home but when I took the bandage off my finger was like 4 times the size and completely white.
Went to the doctor and they're like ah this is really bad we might have to amputate but instead they just cut out all the gross stuff inside and injected me with antibiotic shit and gave me medicine I had to take like every hour. Had to keep going back every day to get injected again and make sure it wasn't infected and the blood was circulating again otherwise they were going to cut out my entire finger from the knuckle. 
But it all worked out so now I've just got a scar down the inside of my finger that goes right to the bone coincidently feeling like I've got a bit of wire under the skin

Tireeedd

• Rep: 85
i split my upper lip wide open from going over the handlebars on a cycle back in the day and had to spend a day in the ER getting gravel taken out of it and more recently in 2019 i cut my ring finger to the bone slicing an avocado then afterwards got the bill and found out i didn't have insurance like i had thought so it was a $500 bill just to glue my finger back together

Trashcon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
When I was around 7, I tried petting a dog in a duplex my Mom's friend lived in. It was a big brown fluffy looking dog. I remember walking into their front yard, seeing the dog walking towards me and my hand reaching to pet it. Then, I wake up with people shouting around me and carrying me inside. I don't remember the bite at all. Had to be rushed to ER and got stitches on my top and bottom lip, area by nose, and cheek. Luckily, facial hair covers most of it.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
I have several small scars on the chest from a handful of pneumothorax surgeries. I look like the white 50 Cent or Game (not that buff tho). Didn‘t do anything dumb tho, it‘s genetic so even smoking 30 years had nothing to do with it, or so it seems.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1397
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Both index fingers were nearly chopped off getting caught between the crank and chain of a fixed gear bike. Happened twice while being messed up and cleaning the chain. Scar from tip of finger to first knuckle on both. Those are small but were pretty gross considering the difficulty of getting chain grease and dirt out of there. Pulled fatty tissue out, bone was visible and all that. Mm mmm good.

My shins have scars from getting caught up on the corner or ledges and chunks getting taken out.
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

nonickname

• Trade Count: (+1)
At a backyard party in college - semi rural setting so people brought their dogs. I'm bombed out of my mind sitting in a chair...2 dogs start fighting and in my hazy state think "if I just pet them they'll chill out!" so stick my hand between two actively fighting dogs and get bit on the thumb. Perfect puncture wound with blood everywhere...which surprisingly enough didn't make things calm down  ;D. Still have a circular white mark on my thumb and in the winter it and my pinky (scar from a different accident) get cold before any of the other fingers.

Some clown the next day told me he thought "that dog should be put down! It bit you!" - ummm did you not see the drunk guy put his hand into the mix?
"Cheating is just another way of being prepared" - Coach McGuirk

HeavyAndExpensive

• Rep: 114
My mom told me I could go over my best friends house when I was like 5. She told me I had to get dressed first so naturally I put my socks on my hands and proceeded to run up the steps on all fours like a dog. Sock hands slipped out on the hardwood steps and I smashed my brow into them requiring stitches.

At daycare I earned the nickname “Bojangles” by climbing onto a table, dancing, then falling an busting my other brow. I needed stitches for that too

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Got a circular scat on my thigh from when i fell onto a BMX bike and got an Axle peg stuck into my leg….

nonickname

• Trade Count: (+1)
Got a circular scat on my thigh from when i fell onto a BMX bike and got an Axle peg stuck into my leg….

In some places you pay extra for the scat...not sure if that's before or after the peg though. (Sorry. Had to)

But holy crap would that have hurt! Thats a nasty one for sure.
"Cheating is just another way of being prepared" - Coach McGuirk

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 297
One above my left eye from wrestling with my Dad as a kid, I would run at him and he grab me and throw me up in the air and catch me. Unfortunately after a few too many beers he did not catch me and my face came down on the corner of the coffee table. Had to lie to my step mom and tell her I slipped and fell on the sliding shower door to cover for my Dad.

Got another one right above my right hip that looks like a bullet wound. I was cutting 3/8” Aluminum on a table saw and it caught and shot back into me.

Puncture wound from a dog through my left hand breaking up a fight at work.

Got a giant burn scar on my left bicep. I was loading a large piece of glass we had been working on for hours in the hot shop and the radiate heat from the piece/kiln when loading it burned the shit outta me. It still looks like freddy krueger to this day.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 656
Skitched on the back of my friend's car. Around 30 MPH I got a speed wobble and let go of the car. I went from 30 to 0 by bouncing my head of the asphalt. That left a few scars.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 458
I have this Y shaped scar around my left eye from raging out at a payphone trying to focus it and then it swung back on me and split me open real good. That was mighty dumb.

Also have some big gross scars on my calf and thigh from a K9 unit being released on me for petty vandalism when I was 14. It took chunks out of me. The holes were so big I couldn't get stitches and had to have my wounds dressed daily all summer. Thankfully my mom was a nurse and could do most of it herself. She had to pour peroxide inside them and pick out the necrotic flesh. Good times.

skippersoldballs

• Rep: 72
Pinky on my right hand is hella crooked with limited mobility after breaking it skating as a teenager. I now regret not going to the doctor for that one

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1397
I have this Y shaped scar around my left eye from raging out at a payphone trying to focus it and then it swung back on me and split me open real good. That was mighty dumb.

Also have some big gross scars on my calf and thigh from a K9 unit being released on me for petty vandalism when I was 14. It took chunks out of me. The holes were so big I couldn't get stitches and had to have my wounds dressed daily all summer. Thankfully my mom was a nurse and could do most of it herself. She had to pour peroxide inside them and pick out the necrotic flesh. Good times.

Yo thats fucked up. Im very into german shepherds and learning about training. Belgians are pretty cool too. Some dogs love to do bite work and shit and as a training thing, its ill and good for them, but siccing them on people and even using them as cop dogs period is fucked up. Makes me so mad. Such a deadly thing
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
Yeah, it was pretty gnarly. Could have easily got my femoral artery. Lol the cops told me I'm lucky it wasn't in the city (Vancouver) because allegedly they sick them on people's balls there. So reassuring... Fucking shithead pigs. Of course, I was just a dumbass kid and shouldn't have been spray painting on a school but I didn't deserve that. Community service/cleaning it up is the common punishment for such an offence one would think. At least it wasn't a pit I guess. German Sheppard bite force is still super strong though. My entire calf was bruised black and rock-hard. Needless to say, I'm not the biggest dog person after that.

Blind Fisherman

• Rep: 54
Surprisingly don’t have any from childhood, but a few from my teenage years.
One just above my upper lip at the bottom of my nose. Fucked up trying to 360 flip, with a board that was way too chipped to be skating, off my old middle school’s loading dock. Landed with one foot on the tail and sent that shit flying right into my nose. Two black eyes, 4 stitches, and a lot of blood.

Left knee: torn ACL/meniscus when I was 16. Again, trying to 360 flip down something. Landed with all of my weight and downward momentum on my left heel and felt it snap.

Back of the head: smacked my shit two summers ago trying to front boardslide a rail I had front boardslid everyday for fucking ever. Came out with the board completely vertical, flew to the back of my head, felt the impact and blacked out for a second. All I could hear was someone say “did you hear that? That sounded like a bowling ball hitting the ground.” Never got stitches.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 846
Kid - Left eyebrow from being like 7 and running too close to the line of adults at the driving range and getting smacked with one of those big ass 90s oversize steel drivers right in the face on someones back swing.

Teen - Right ass cheek because one of my friends got drunk and wanted to know what it felt like to stab someone.

Adult - right arm where I broke a needle off then had the removal surgery done by an intern and it got infected. Had an egg sized hole in my arm that I had to pack with gauze and change every day. That was pretty gnarly. There's also a few tracks you can still see (thick skin and deep veins), I guess those are pretty much the dumbest scars I have.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 846
We all skate, so perma swellbows, and shit like that need not apply. I've got two good ones on my face. The one above my eyebrow is dumb as hell though. Back in the 90s as a kid I was super into pro wrestling. So I was practicing body slamming my bean bag chair, as a kid will do. My friend Charlie's mom had just brought him over to play, and I was like "Charlie, watch this" as I body slammed that bean bag chair. I fucked up and nailed my forehead on the fireplace on the way down. Needless to say, Charlie went home with his mom, and my mom took me to the hospital where I ended up getting 12 stitches.

What are some dumb things yall did?

I think pro wrestling related injuries might be in the "we all have those" column too, at least for American 90s kids haha. One of the dudes who worked for my mom had some training and taught me to do basic bumps when I was like 9 so I was cool with getting slammed but once ECW came around I got fucked up a few times imitating it. The first time I got to go to school with crutches was after I saw Sabu do the chair jump thing to the outside and I did it off my garage onto a kid too small to catch me and sprained my ankle. I'm also pretty sure I got a few concussions taking chair shots from the older kids in the neighborhood...most likely got one the time I got thrown out of a treehouse and missed the "table" and landed on the back of my head.

This one's not me but I watched one of the other kids in middle school get his nose totally flattened by trying to let his friend pedigree him through the lunch table. This was one of those old thick metal framed plastic fold-up dealies so it predictably didn't break, but it sounded oddly like someone smashing a glass.

MC3

• Rep: 129
  • "That's a Helluva price to pay for being stylish!"
Went on a date with a girl who was a baker. She gave me a loaf of broad and some jam. Took an edible after I got home. Decided to slice said bread and have snack. Holding the bread in one hand, proceeded to cut through the bread, into my palm. Soaked the bread in blood. About 10 seconds after cutting myself, the edible kicked in.
(Cool Trick GIF)

Quique

• Rep: 52
Yeah, it was pretty gnarly. Could have easily got my femoral artery. Lol the cops told me I'm lucky it wasn't in the city (Vancouver) because allegedly they sick them on people's balls there. So reassuring... Fucking shithead pigs. Of course, I was just a dumbass kid and shouldn't have been spray painting on a school but I didn't deserve that. Community service/cleaning it up is the common punishment for such an offence one would think. At least it wasn't a pit I guess. German Sheppard bite force is still super strong though. My entire calf was bruised black and rock-hard. Needless to say, I'm not the biggest dog person after that.

Fuuuck, I would piss myself if someone threw a trained German shepherd to attack me. One of my scars is actually from my dog, he's half German shepherd half boxer, we were in line to buy some vegetables when a golden retriever came to us w/o chain, I was holding my dog between my legs and as soon as the retriever got close enough they started barking, I pulled my dog and he fucking bites my hamstring! I must thank Levis skateboarding pants w/cordura I guess cause I got no hole either in pants or muscle but my leg turn legit purple and got so swelled, after all that passed away I realized I got a scar that's half the size of his bite. I still love you Willy.

Also have a scar from my uncle's dogo, he's the sweetest dog on earth but it's huuuuuge and wants to hug every time you visit him, one time he literally cut me with his nail trying to climb me for a hug. My uncle's family all have a lot of scars as well because of him haha

When I was 4 I was jumping on my parents bed and hit my forehead on the bedside table, got a couple stitches, looked like Frankenstein for a bit, can't even notice now.

Playing soccer on concrete, stepped on some water and slipped to the fence where I caught a loose rod with my palm, opened like a flower.

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
Expand Quote
[close]

Fuuuck, I would piss myself if someone threw a trained German shepherd to attack me. One of my scars is actually from my dog, he's half German shepherd half boxer, we were in line to buy some vegetables when a golden retriever came to us w/o chain, I was holding my dog between my legs and as soon as the retriever got close enough they started barking, I pulled my dog and he fucking bites my hamstring! I must thank Levis skateboarding pants w/cordura I guess cause I got no hole either in pants or muscle but my leg turn legit purple and got so swelled, after all that passed away I realized I got a scar that's half the size of his bite. I still love you Willy.

Also have a scar from my uncle's dogo, he's the sweetest dog on earth but it's huuuuuge and wants to hug every time you visit him, one time he literally cut me with his nail trying to climb me for a hug. My uncle's family all have a lot of scars as well because of him haha

When I was 4 I was jumping on my parents bed and hit my forehead on the bedside table, got a couple stitches, looked like Frankenstein for a bit, can't even notice now.

Playing soccer on concrete, stepped on some water and slipped to the fence where I caught a loose rod with my palm, opened like a flower.

Haha fuuuckkk I wish I had some thick denim on. I was wearing shorts. Probably some kook-style flowy synthetic board shorts. It was summer after all, and funnily enough, the first time I ever got really drunk, like 10 shots of my older friend's dad's Grant's Scotch whisky drunk. My mother told me she was heartbroken washing bits of flesh out of my shoes the next day. Well, I respect you for keeping your powerful dog on a leash and trying to control it in a difficult situation. Now that I think about it, this is probably why I never wear shorts anymore unless I go swimming.

AitchBeeGayBuh

• Rep: 58
Scar on my nose, under my lip, and under my chin/neck area from a bike accident. Was riding and put my head down for a second next thing I know I’m going face first through the back of a car window.

I should’ve broke my neck but my first thought after wiping the glass off my face was get the hell outta there because I was on the last year of a 7 year felony probation. A car stopped and had me wait there while they called help. With how drunk I was I would’ve probably bled out if I ran away anyways.

Cops come and first thing he asked how much I drank. He could tell because I was leaking blood all over the place. Gave me the breathalyzer and I blew a .07 thankfully.

First time getting stitches and I got 56 of them on my face. Ambulance ride was a mile and a half and it cost me over 1000 dollars. Apparently my face broke the lady’s window and air conditioning system that was back there and that ended up being over 2000 dollars. I was in my early 20’s and that got me for everything at that time.

6ix9ine

Most recent one is from getting into a fight with my brother's wife - nice little gash right above my left eye from getting hit and falling down, smacking my eye onto the coffee table in the process. Racist ass fuckin bitch. Fuck my brother for marrying a literal racist too. She called my dog the n word.

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
when i was like 20 my Roomate would collect old tvs from the side of the road. one night we were all bored and fucked up and started smashing the tvs. I was whacking this old tube tv with a frying pan when the pan snapped off the handle (tv screen was fine) spun back and sliced me right above my left eye. i had enough fun for the night so went to bed to bleed all over my pillow. i forgot that the next day was Mother’s Day and my parents were picking me up to go to a big family buffet at katmandu. i woke up to the sound of them calling me to tell me they were outside, quickly got dressed totally forgetting what happened last night, and walked down to meet them with a dried bloody gash on my face. everyone was disappointed and my grandma died shortly after

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 238
I think i was 4 or 5, my dad told me i was playing around on the edge of the porch and fell head first into a rose bush. Maybe stitches would have helped but now I just have a couple scars on the left side of my face.

At least I didn’t damage the rose bush

igrindtwinkies

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 383
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
I've got a 2 inch scar on my right palm from skateboarding with a beer bottle in my hand about 10 years ago.  Still got some tingling in my thumb from that.

Scar on my chin, pant leg caught in my bike and went over the handlebars when I was 14.

Got a bump and a small line coming off my lip from getting punched 8 ish years ago.

Random shit on my hands from filleting fish.  Got some shit on my elbow and wrist, dropped in on a 5 ft quarterpipe where the skatelite had broken off and had a screw sticking out and went straight to flat.  The park already sucked and had that sweeped concrete that makes a little scrape bleed like a bitch.

It's not too gnarly looking anymore, it's been 17 years.  I stole a cassette to aux adapter from a general store.  I couldn't get it opened so I started burning the packaging and a little fireball melted off onto my hand.

lord of weed

• Rep: -60
its the scars inside that hurt the most  :'(

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1570
I think i was 4 or 5, my dad told me i was playing around on the edge of the porch and fell head first into a rose bush. Maybe stitches would have helped but now I just have a couple scars on the left side of my face.

At least I didn’t damage the rose bush

No lasting scars but something similar happened to me when I was about the same age and learning how to ride a bike, bike tipped with me on it and my reflex was to try and break my fall by firmly grabbing onto the nearest thing with both hands, which just so happened to be the massive rose bush in my parents' backyard. Ended up with what I remember as a dozen thorns per palm, deeply lodged that I had to pull out one by one, I actually can't remember if my parents helped besides telling me to just wash my hands once done and then leave for school for the afternoon. For a few days writing felt fucked up.

It's cleared up now but for a few years I had carpet burn in the center of my chest that was mostly due to skating around with a bad camera bag for a while until I identified the cause. I could never feel the friction when skating and so didn't retire the bag until scar tissue was starting to form and I figured something really was off.

changed1

Did the salt and ice challenge with friends when I was 14 and I wanted to be cool so I did it until the ice fully melted. A few days later the area puffed up in to this giant burn bubble on my arm. I popped it in Spanish class and had to go to the nurse where they cut the skin off and drained the pus. Nothing else really came from it but 10 years later I still have a discolored patch on my arm.
Unrelated but it got me thinking about that whole period of internet challenges. Around the same time my friends and I did the polar plunge challenge and jumped in to the nastiest irrigation pond you can imagine while it was pouring rain one day. Had to ride my bike home through the rain in my soaked jeans. Surprised I didn’t get a brain eating amoeba from that or some shit. It was filmed on a shitty flip phone so the footage is lost forever.

Back on topic, when  I was really young I broke up a fight between my two dogs and got bit through my hand so bad you could see daylight through it. Still have a scar on my palm but it’s pretty faint.

A few years ago i tried to roll in to a bowl going way too slow and hung up. No scar but I still can’t fully close my index finger.

I was playing with my dog a few months ago and he accidentally clawed me across the face. I have a pretty cool looking scar on the corner of my lip that I hope never fades.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2023, 07:13:45 PM by changed1 »