Author Topic: gaithersburg/ rockville, md  (Read 261 times)

fineslime

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • I cut my grip with Occam's razor
gaithersburg/ rockville, md
« on: September 02, 2023, 05:31:23 AM »
I'm not traveling to rockville any time soon, however, this is where I was born and was first exposed to skateboarding. I haven't been back in 20 years or so, but have always wondered what the scene is like there. is there a strong scene? what are the spots like? I once skated the skatepark in gaithersburg that's right next to the water park, but this was before I could really even ride a skateboard.

just asking for general info about the scene as I've always wondered if there's good skating there. is there any street footy I could check out?

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -436
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Re: gaithersburg/ rockville, md
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2023, 12:10:35 PM »
THIS IS A MARYLAND ROLL CALL MARYLAND IN THIS BITCH FUCK VIRGINIA FUCK PA FUCK YOUR STATE WE IN THIS BITCH

Pastasash

• Rep: 74
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2023, 10:16:46 AM »
The OG Rockville skatepark got torn down and they put up a brand new all concrete one on the other side of the pool but the city made it with such kook ass rules. Have to wear a helmet no matter how old/experienced you are, it’s gated and only opens up for certain hours so it completely sucks imo.

Think that Gaithersburg park is still open and dosent have rules anymore but I never went to that spot. But the moco scene in general is still the same as you probably remembered it from growing up, the area is always changing so a lot of the great spots in downtown Rockville are gone like the wall. But the DIY is Ktown is still kicking and still got rough ground.

They are apparently working on building 5 more skateparks in moco but if it’s being governed by awful Karen ass rules like the new Rockville then who cares.

Should just go down into the city and skate Pulaski or the new re designed Shaw skatepark. The skate scene in DC is the best out of the whole DMV.

MichaelJacksonsGhost

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Rep: 46
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2023, 09:35:26 PM »
Huck yourself down the Lakelands four stair.

Pastasash

• Rep: 74
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2023, 06:18:52 AM »

LOL forgot about those lil "spots" they built, that and the QO one were such random additions. We used to waste so much time at those little parks tho

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2023, 04:57:40 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

LOL forgot about those lil "spots" they built, that and the QO one were such random additions. We used to waste so much time at those little parks tho
That little hubba is fun, but one time my homie wanted to skate there and I had never been and drove all the way up there just to be like.. what the fuck.