Author Topic: Where are they now: canceled edition  (Read 9182 times)

funeral_tuxedo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1157
  • old and in the way
Re: Where are they now: canceled edition
« Reply #60 on: September 05, 2023, 01:29:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Daan Van Der Linden
[close]

Pretty harsh to bring Daan up amongst these names right?
[close]

What did he do?
[close]

he posted a meme on his ig story that was a girl having head stuck into another band member's tuba and the girl was labeled 'me' and the tuba 'lgbtq' propaganda.

how that is problematic is beyond me.  i don't know a single gay person who isn't tired of companies pretending to be down with the cause for a month with a ridiculous and over the top money grab every june. 

if there were zero dollars in it you wouldnt be seeing shit.  on the other hand you have brands like sci-fi really just being down for skaters, whoever they are.  kind of like girl did with BA for so long. 

daan should know better than to post anything that could remotely be construed as offensive, and i think he learned his lesson.  hivemind and cancel culture keyboard warriors have nothing better to do.

meanwhile SLAP was still defending every GX dude around the same time saying that it wasn't possible for any of them to be shit bags and silent supporters of truly shitty people.
[close]
Nah that shit was definitely homophobic and I honestly doubt Daan has any thoughts about pinkwashing worth hearing

Shit take
[close]

Nah.  If you think Daan gives a shit about who is sleeping with who, you're nuts.  if you enjoy having corny ass corporate marketing with rainbows shoved in your face once a year, you're also nuts

365 days a year heteronormativity is shoved down our throats through every possible means including corporate marketing and you're on about Pride Month and justifying Daan's homophobic take? Fuck outta here.

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -436
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #61 on: September 05, 2023, 05:12:32 PM »
Nah.  If you think Daan gives a shit about who is sleeping with who, you're nuts.
IIRC there were dm screenshots w/ him talking about “British cigarettes” or maybe “bundles of sticks”

Magnolia

• Rep: 442
  • She/They
« Reply #62 on: September 05, 2023, 06:45:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Daan Van Der Linden
[close]

Pretty harsh to bring Daan up amongst these names right?
[close]

What did he do?
[close]

he posted a meme on his ig story that was a girl having head stuck into another band member's tuba and the girl was labeled 'me' and the tuba 'lgbtq' propaganda.

how that is problematic is beyond me.  i don't know a single gay person who isn't tired of companies pretending to be down with the cause for a month with a ridiculous and over the top money grab every june. 

if there were zero dollars in it you wouldnt be seeing shit.  on the other hand you have brands like sci-fi really just being down for skaters, whoever they are.  kind of like girl did with BA for so long. 

daan should know better than to post anything that could remotely be construed as offensive, and i think he learned his lesson.  hivemind and cancel culture keyboard warriors have nothing better to do.

meanwhile SLAP was still defending every GX dude around the same time saying that it wasn't possible for any of them to be shit bags and silent supporters of truly shitty people.
[close]
Nah that shit was definitely homophobic and I honestly doubt Daan has any thoughts about pinkwashing worth hearing

Shit take
[close]

Nah.  If you think Daan gives a shit about who is sleeping with who, you're nuts.  if you enjoy having corny ass corporate marketing with rainbows shoved in your face once a year, you're also nuts
Yea man he was totally upset about how capitalism reduces queer culture to a product for mass consumption. I don't like that shit either but I know bigotry when I see it
what quality posts do you have under your umbrella son of a bitch

ChrisSennsGirlfriend

• Rep: 126
« Reply #63 on: September 06, 2023, 07:57:33 AM »
my only knowledge of daan off board is how he appeared in the route one interviews for himself and dollin. the specimen we are dealing here with is definitely more hellride sinner than hellride mullen in terms of depth and nuance of perspective. anyone giving him the benefit of the doubt that his beef is with the crass commodification of queer culture is on some deep conspiracy theory tangential reasoning. his beef is likely with 'frou frou wang wang shit' as he so eloquently put it at the end of that interview.
Mike Anderson is a small town labor union hottie

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3330
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #64 on: September 06, 2023, 09:24:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Nah.  If you think Daan gives a shit about who is sleeping with who, you're nuts.
[close]
IIRC there were dm screenshots w/ him talking about “British cigarettes” or maybe “bundles of sticks”

This reminds me: when I graduated from college my dad, normally fairly humorless and just too hyper-Christian to be anything fun or interesting, bought me a graduation card. It had a picture of a graduate holding one of those huge rolled up degrees and although I can’t remember the wording exactly, it said something like, "you’ve just earned the worlds biggest fag." I guess it was some joke about a degree not being worth more than the paper it’s printed on, or something, but I thought it was incredible and I thought to myself, "underneath all that bullshit Christianity, there’s a person with a pretty decent sense of humor." It was awesome.

lurkluke

• Rep: 175
« Reply #65 on: September 06, 2023, 02:24:07 PM »
my only knowledge of daan off board is how he appeared in the route one interviews for himself and dollin. the specimen we are dealing here with is definitely more hellride sinner than hellride mullen in terms of depth and nuance of perspective. anyone giving him the benefit of the doubt that his beef is with the crass commodification of queer culture is on some deep conspiracy theory tangential reasoning. his beef is likely with 'frou frou wang wang shit' as he so eloquently put it at the end of that interview.

Anyone pretending he posted that as a critique of capatlist commodificaiton of queer culture is deluding themselves.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #66 on: September 06, 2023, 02:54:55 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Anyone pretending he posted that as a critique of capatlist commodificaiton of queer culture is deluding themselves.
I don’t even think Daan would be able to explain what critique of capitalist commodification of queer culture is if asked.

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 212
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #67 on: September 06, 2023, 02:57:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
I don’t even think Daan would be able to explain what critique of capitalist commodification of queer culture is if asked.

"too many gay post - it annoying"
Wow sorry, didn't realise I was dealing with a sick cunt here

lord of weed

• Rep: -60
« Reply #68 on: September 06, 2023, 03:04:25 PM »
it do get annoying

Magnolia

• She/They
« Reply #69 on: September 06, 2023, 03:07:17 PM »
it do get annoying

Lmao you literally just did this

lord of weed

• Rep: -60
« Reply #70 on: September 06, 2023, 03:12:40 PM »
your shit is annoying sometimes, deal with it

Magnolia

• She/They
« Reply #71 on: September 06, 2023, 03:20:52 PM »
your shit is annoying sometimes, deal with it
^this poster can't stop thinking about 2 boys kissing

MtnDoucheBag

• Rep: -97
« Reply #72 on: September 06, 2023, 03:36:09 PM »
better question, who the fuck isn’t cancelled?