Author Topic: Acid casualties  (Read 2159 times)

6ix9ine

Acid casualties
« on: September 06, 2023, 05:25:40 PM »
Anyone ever known anyone to become one? It seems that the boomer generation were particularly susceptible to becoming 'acid casualties'. Here are some famous ones from the 60s
Syd Barrett
Peter Green
Roky Erickson
Brian Wilson
+ many others

My uncle is actually a suspected acid casualty, according to my mother. Was quite normal but very into the hippie movement until he 'went off the deep end' in his mid 20s and ended up at a psychiatric ward. In my life time he was very quiet and reclusive although still pretty cheerful.

A weird phenomenon of the hippie movement

Ankle_Lift

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 77
Re: Acid casualties
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2023, 06:13:07 PM »
I don't know any old casualties, but I have a friend that lost his mind for the night from acid when we were 16.
A different friend had a vial of liquid, and it was quite strong, definitely not diluted much. He was selling it and we ended up having an acid party in another friend's basement.

So they guy selling acid dosed buddy early on in the night, but instead of dropping it on your hand and you lick it off, like you're supposed to so you can see how many hits were given, he dropped an entire dropper full of liquid into my friends mouth on his tongue. For the record, this is an insane amount of acid to take. I figure it's around 20-30 hits.

Everything was going fine, we were all starting to trip balls. Shit was getting empty and colourful. Then my friend started saying "oh shit!! What the fuck!!" Things like that.

He ended up running outside and disappearing. We were all like what the fuck, and continued chilling in the basement.
Anyway, my friend apparently went home, and his mom was home, and she called the house we were at (small town, she knows the friend group and the dad) and flipped out on the dad of the house, who was upstairs.
Rumour that night is that he had eaten some of the acid that was put on animal crackers and put in the fridge, by mistake, but I never found out if this was true or not.

He comes down and yells at us, but I figure he found it was pointless because we were all tripping our faces off, and I remember his mustache being orange and melty.

After awhile, apparently our friend decided to leave his house and come back to the party, but someone (I think maybe him mom?) called the cops, so outside we saw cop lights and sirens and dogs barking just near the house.
My buddy apparently was chased down by the police, but they sicced the cop dog on him and he ended up wrestling the dog and bit the dog. This was what was told in court later on, and they were trying to charge him with assault of an officer.
He got a lawyer, probably the only one in town and pleaded temporary insanity. He got off, I think with just maybe some community service.

The rest of that night was fucked. We all thought we all had done too much acid and that we were next to flip out.
Sorry if that story is jumbled. It's from a 20+ year memory.

As far as casualties... My highschool crush/girl who house I was always over at had a step dad who was a acid burnout. He told me stories about doing windowpane acid and had a theory about kites and how they were going to change the world, if he could just get a kite in everyone's hand.

I've done more acid than the average person probably, but these old hippies like him are a trip, and totally fried.

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1059
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2023, 06:22:22 PM »
A sibling of mine stayed up for too many days on speed and that pushed him into full schizophrenia. He already had signs of this being an issue but this is what pushed him over the edge. 30 years later, they cannot live on their own and is forever in the system. The same thing happened to the sibling of an ex girlfriend of mine but with mushrooms.

From the skateboarding community, a local ripper took ayahuasca and it pushed him over permanently. Not sure what happened during the trip but he showed up to our local shop and was apparently speaking tongues, had shaved his eyebrows off and was completely detached from reality. These episodes apparently happened every so often. I’m not sure what he’s done to stay stable now but he has a good/ steady job and absolutely rips at skating in his late 30s.

Ankle_Lift

• Rep: 77
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2023, 07:19:46 PM »
A sibling of mine stayed up for too many days on speed and that pushed him into full schizophrenia.

That's tough to hear. Sorry dude.

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • I cut my grip with Occam's razor
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2023, 07:38:31 PM »
a close friend of mine got really into acid when we were around 18. he ended up doing everything backward from there on out; he started writing and playing guitar left handed, he switched his stance (and got really fucking good,) and oddly enough, stopped wearing underwear. sadly, he went way way too deep over the course of 10 years and developed some serious mental illnesses that ended up in a suicide attempt that he survived. this was shortly after my best friend took his own life...

I saw him about a year after the attempt and he couldn't speak and moved extremely slowly and labored. I brought over old zero videos and some concert dvd. when I made a reference to an old truck that he kept a green couch in, he smiled slightly.

when I saw him I instantly started crying but tried to hold it together for him, but when I left I got into my car and balled my eyes out. man, that was fucking rough. I don't doubt that he had some preexisting mental illness, but all the LSD didn't help.

Tireeedd

• Rep: 79
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2023, 09:22:24 PM »
T-Spliff
Daniel Johnston

I guess to an extent I am as well given a few years ago I spilled the vial and then flunked out of college and have been slanging vintage instead of a 9-5 since

changed1

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2023, 09:32:58 PM »
https://youtu.be/1uFzhEDdexc?si=dofJBPW_z8U8qpZV
Always thought this vid was funny. Especially since I lived near Mill Ave for years

pool coping

• Rep: -63
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2023, 10:27:48 PM »
definitely remember a few personal ones over the years

one friend of mine from when i was a young teenager, we drifted apart and he started hanging out with a crowd of not necessarily bad people but people who definitely did a lot of drugs. not sure exactly what happened but now whenever i see him he talks extremely loudly and stutters a lot, also makes super weird instagram posts of him flexing his non-existent muscles

and another dude from my town who i knew reasonably well lost his mind and started making a lot of posts on social media claiming all kinds of things like that his mom had raped him and his dad had ruined his life by getting him drunk when he was a child, don't think either of those things were true, it climaxed with a photo of him naked hanging off a second story balcony with the police at the bottom waiting to catch him if he fell

social media has really changed the dynamic in which we interact with people like that, these people would have become total mysteries if they didn't constantly post updates of their life on social media. pretty disturbing

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1101
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2023, 10:32:40 PM »
Anyone ever known anyone to become one?

You will become an acid casualty soon so you can show us all how cool and irreverent it is.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2023, 11:10:13 PM »
a close friend of mine got really into acid when we were around 18. he ended up doing everything backward from there on out; he started writing and playing guitar left handed, he switched his stance (and got really fucking good,) and oddly enough, stopped wearing underwear. sadly, he went way way too deep over the course of 10 years and developed some serious mental illnesses that ended up in a suicide attempt that he survived. this was shortly after my best friend took his own life...

I saw him about a year after the attempt and he couldn't speak and moved extremely slowly and labored. I brought over old zero videos and some concert dvd. when I made a reference to an old truck that he kept a green couch in, he smiled slightly.

when I saw him I instantly started crying but tried to hold it together for him, but when I left I got into my car and balled my eyes out. man, that was fucking rough. I don't doubt that he had some preexisting mental illness, but all the LSD didn't help.

Ur a good dude

addie pray

• Rep: -526
  • u a whole goofy
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2023, 12:41:36 AM »
took out my maternal grandfather, being a hippie aint for the faint of skull

companguero

• Rep: 248
  • sesquipedalian
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2023, 02:34:29 AM »
Andrew Callaghan, the guy from All Gas No Brakes, suffers from HPPD (Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder)
He talks about his extreme use of shrooms at 13 and the lasting damage it did
Might wonder if it contributed to the behavior he was cancelled for.

Quote from: lazer69
Bitch, I dont got time to be on here reading every post.

HeavyAndExpensive

• Rep: 115
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2023, 07:30:14 AM »
Those stories of people taking massive amounts of psychedelics sound absolutely terrifying.

I trip on mushrooms fairly often, and the last trip I had is what I would consider my first "bad trip." It was cool until it wasn't, and the only way I could describe it is as an ominous feeling of overwhelming dread. I remember thinking "if this is what schizophrenics experience no wonder many of them kill themselves." This was like around 4g of lemon tek mushrooms, so the idea of taking like 2-3 times that is utterly insane to me.

Does anybody know anyone who has taken Datura? That stuff seems absolutely terrifying as well. I remember seeing something on the internet where this kid ingested a bunch of Datura and attempted to do an AMA, all the comments were like "you done fucked up!!" and his responses gradually became more incoherent, with stuff to the effect of "dark scary how to make stop help make stop" and shit like that. Even if the whole thing was fake, it was well done enough that it was super eerie anyway.

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -514
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2023, 07:30:59 AM »
I had a friend who’s older brother when away to art school in the late nineties and was doing a bunch of acid, and had a mental break that hes somewhat recovered from, I gather.  Acid and shrooms can definitely exacerbate an underlying condition, I think most male mental illnesses tend to show up in that 18-25 group when a lot of people are experimenting.

I, and many people I know did penalty of tripping younger than 18 but all these stories I hear about with a lasting break seem to happen in that 18-25 age range, or at least disproportionately.

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2023, 07:33:03 AM »
Andrew Callaghan, the guy from All Gas No Brakes, suffers from HPPD (Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder)
He talks about his extreme use of shrooms at 13 and the lasting damage it did
Might wonder if it contributed to the behavior he was cancelled for.

SWIM has also suffered from HPPD for many years, and let me assure you, HPPD does not cause you to pressure women into sex. HPPD usually results only in long lasting tracers and visual snow. that's it... I will say though, getting HPPD and at 13 and not 25 would probably be pretty confusing.

definitely not as confusing as getting HPV at any time in your life ;)

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2023, 07:38:43 AM »
I had a friend who’s older brother when away to art school in the late nineties and was doing a bunch of acid, and had a mental break that hes somewhat recovered from, I gather.  Acid and shrooms can definitely exacerbate an underlying condition, I think most male mental illnesses tend to show up in that 18-25 group when a lot of people are experimenting.

This sounds like a DARE story, but the father of a good friend of mine was sent into a twenty-year depressive spiral from his first and only time smoking pot. He eventually got it under control, but as recently as a few years ago, his depression returned and he started talking about killing himself all the time and eventually lost his job because he so rarely showed up.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2023, 08:00:54 AM »
My friends and I had a psychedelics phase in our early 20's and tried a bunch of different things.

LSD, LOTS of mushrooms, 2CB, 2CE, DMT, 5-meo-DMT, Mescaline... We tried a lot of things. For me, I loved mushrooms but most other substances were done once or twice. I tried to be smart about my usage. It's not like we tripped every week, we tried to space things out.

Now, I still enjoy mushrooms once every year/2 years, but other than that, I barely smoke weed these days. I don't go for the soul-searching trips anymore. I'll have 1.5 g and stare at the pretty autumn colours and giggle my balls off and that's enough for me. That whole thing was just a phase that didn't last very long for most of us.

However, for my friend Randy, it was a phase he never got out of. Dude just kept tripping all the time for years. 5-6 blotters and giant handfuls of mushrooms at once was a regular thing for him. He loved combining things.

Slowly but surely we could see him going downhill and had to get away from him because his whole personality was changing. It really wasn't fun to be around him anymore.  Dude went from a very smart and articulate guy to sounding like someone who's had way too many concussions in less than 5 years. If you've been around hockey/rugby players or boxers, you know what I'm talking about.

We got out of that phase once we started getting more serious with life so we saw Randy less and less.

Last I heard from him he went nuts for a while after eating close to an oz of potent mushrooms. Tore his whole apartment apart, cut himself with glass, ended up fighting cops and getting tased + arrested. How do I know ? One of the cops that arrested him is a BJJ training partner of mine.

He's been in and out of mental hospitals and is full of heavy mental problems now. Friend of mine is a social worker in a  therapy centre and has seen him, although he couldn't go into details, he told us his mind was so warped and was pretty much a lost cause even if he had supposedly stopped using.

He was by far the smartest one in the crew and the one with the brightest future ahead of him. Perhaps he had some underlying problems, but eating massive doses of strong psychedelics for years clearly didn't help. This is a guy that was a few months away from becoming an electrical engineer before shit got dark for him.

No one knows what he's up to these days, we just know he moved back to his hometown 3 hours away and lives with his mother. No cellphone, no social media, nothing. He's a total recluse now.

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2023, 08:09:17 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Ur a good dude

thank you <3 that's very kind.

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2023, 08:14:38 AM »
My friends and I had a psychedelics phase in our early 20's and tried a bunch of different things.

LSD, LOTS of mushrooms, 2CB, 2CE, DMT, 5-meo-DMT, Mescaline... We tried a lot of things. For me, I loved mushrooms but most other substances were done once or twice. I tried to be smart about my usage. It's not like we tripped every week, we tried to space things out.

Now, I still enjoy mushrooms once every year/2 years, but other than that, I barely smoke weed these days. I don't go for the soul-searching trips anymore. I'll have 1.5 g and stare at the pretty autumn colours and giggle my balls off and that's enough for me. That whole thing was just a phase that didn't last very long for most of us.

However, for my friend Randy, it was a phase he never got out of. Dude just kept tripping all the time for years. 5-6 blotters and giant handfuls of mushrooms at once was a regular thing for him. He loved combining things.

Slowly but surely we could see him going downhill and had to get away from him because his whole personality was changing. It really wasn't fun to be around him anymore.  Dude went from a very smart and articulate guy to sounding like someone who's had way too many concussions in less than 5 years. If you've been around hockey/rugby players or boxers, you know what I'm talking about.

We got out of that phase once we started getting more serious with life so we saw Randy less and less.

Last I heard from him he went nuts for a while after eating close to an oz of potent mushrooms. Tore his whole apartment apart, cut himself with glass, ended up fighting cops and getting tased + arrested. How do I know ? One of the cops that arrested him is a BJJ training partner of mine.

He's been in and out of mental hospitals and is full of heavy mental problems now. Friend of mine is a social worker in a  therapy centre and has seen him, although he couldn't go into details, he told us his mind was so warped and was pretty much a lost cause even if he had supposedly stopped using.

He was by far the smartest one in the crew and the one with the brightest future ahead of him. Perhaps he had some underlying problems, but eating massive doses of strong psychedelics for years clearly didn't help. This is a guy that was a few months away from becoming an electrical engineer before shit got dark for him.

No one knows what he's up to these days, we just know he moved back to his hometown 3 hours away and lives with his mother. No cellphone, no social media, nothing. He's a total recluse now.

crazy how prevalent these stories are. what's also wild to me is how some people can be on a similar regiment (although what you described is quite a lot) and not have any negative long term affects.

my question is though; was he also a ween fan? because that band will make you wanna do some doorgs.

*plays the stallion pt 3*

323-BALM

• Rep: 46
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2023, 09:08:30 AM »
[
This sounds like a DARE story

these all kinda do, honestly. Teetotalers go bananas too. I don't know.
You've clearly never smelled a cauliflower fart.

changed1

« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2023, 09:09:45 AM »
Growing up I always heard a story of some kid who did so much acid he was perma fried and believed he was a glass of orange juice and was terrified of being tipped over or he would spill.
Probably a dare story but it always scared me from using too much psychedelics. Anyone else heard that story?

There was a younger kid in my community who took way too much acid and believed he was a god and needed to get back to some other realm so he crashed his car in to a light post going 100 mph. His dad showed his suicide note on tv, it was extremely sad. Apparently his school was warned that he had been selling it but they didn’t do anything about it so they were sued.

I do enjoy a small amount of shrooms every few years. Although it’s been 6 years since I’ve tripped anything.
Took 3.5 grams of shrooms by myself 8ish years ago and almost freaked out. Luckily my friend saved me and I drove around with him all day while he ran errands. I had an hour long conversation with his mom who had no idea I was tripping. To this day it’s one of the best conversations I’ve ever had, she was one of those sweet southern lady types.
Later there was a bush on the side of the road and it looked so damn soft and fluffy that I put my arm out the window as we drove past to feel it. It cut the hell out of arm lol. Later that night I went on a first date with this girl I ended up dating. Weird day.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2023, 09:23:43 AM by changed1 »

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2023, 11:17:05 AM »
Expand Quote
[
This sounds like a DARE story
[close]

these all kinda do, honestly. Teetotalers go bananas too. I don't know.

Yes, but that's not the subject of this conversation.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2023, 11:37:32 AM »

half the comments in this thread are about this kid ^^^

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2023, 12:37:17 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

crazy how prevalent these stories are. what's also wild to me is how some people can be on a similar regiment (although what you described is quite a lot) and not have any negative long term affects.

my question is though; was he also a ween fan? because that band will make you wanna do some doorgs.

*plays the stallion pt 3*

Yeah he was 2-3 years older than us, so part of me feels like he was trying to show off or something. Whatever it was, I hope he's happy now and has found his peace. The rest of the gang is fine though, we knew when it was time to stop.

As for Ween, I don't know if he was a fan or even knew them. We were super into reggae at the time.

I discovered Ween a few years later after a bad break up. Randomly fell on the Live in Chicago version of Baby Bitch and the rest was history.

And yes I have done doorgs to Ween.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2023, 12:43:58 PM by TheBoognish »

Dante Bichette

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
  • 10th Prestige
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2023, 12:53:54 PM »
Reading all this makes me wonder how much of an effect taking psychedelics has had on me mentally. I feel like I haven’t had a drastic change in my personality over the past few years but taking LSD probably around 30 times in total throughout high school there’s no way it hasn’t made some kind of change in my brainmeats.

Also amazed I’ve never had a bad trip. On neither shrooms or acid.
Can someone explain in Fortnite terms?

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 458
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2023, 12:56:35 PM »
Does anybody know anyone who has taken Datura?
I inadvertently got poisoned once. I grow them, I've been doing it for several years now without any issues. They grow everywhere where I'm from and I think the flowers are pretty.
I didn't ingest it, I was watering plants and that day one of the datura plants fell over in it's pot. It was soaking wet and the soil was as well. I was holding the plant in one hand while trying to smush it back into the soil, but this entire pot was now a soupy cauldron of toxins. I had watery soil up to my elbows. 

I felt it in my finger tips at first, and some minutes later my arms contorted and locked into place. My head was cocked over to the side and it was actually shaking back and forth. I had some strange issues with my balance and I could neither stand or lie down. I started seeing blinding flashes of red light in my vision, then strong hallucinations. Please forgive me if I sound like a religious fanatic but at one point I "was" in a strange room and seeing visions of Christ. Don't laugh I know how that sounds!

It lasted around 12 hours. I physically felt awful the entire time. I was conscious of the whole thing and explaining to my girlfriend as it progressed, though I had a very hard time speaking, and when I would try to talk I would actually repeat myself several times over. That was a long day.

Getting back on topic, unfortunately a younger cousin of mine didn't do well with lsd. Same story we all have, you get to that age where you experiment with a bit of weed and mushrooms. But he made the jump to research chemicals and lsd. A night after too much acid, he just didn't go back to sleep. He was up for days and his parents found him outside naked claiming he could speak to animals. His parents rushed him to the emergency room and was then transferred over to a psychiatric unit. He didn't sleep at all. For whatever reason the staff let him stay up for days because they thought he would eventually tire himself out. His father started threatening lawsuits and it was only then that they gave him something to clam him down. He spent I think a month inside. When he got back home everyone realized he was gone. I'm not sure how to explain it, it's like he's not there anymore. He has a diagnosis for a type of unspecified schizophrenia now.

pool coping

• Rep: -63
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2023, 01:12:20 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This sounds like a DARE story, but the father of a good friend of mine was sent into a twenty-year depressive spiral from his first and only time smoking pot. He eventually got it under control, but as recently as a few years ago, his depression returned and he started talking about killing himself all the time and eventually lost his job because he so rarely showed up.

i believe it, i had a bad reaction to smoking weed when i was about 15 that resulted in me having OCD which i have now had for about 15 years (it comes and goes). done my fair share of other drugs but every time i smoke weed it triggers episodes of ocd that last months/years.

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2023, 03:04:47 PM »
69 actually making a worthwhile thread is way more mind bending than any psychedelic experience you could ever have.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1394
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2023, 03:31:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

i believe it, i had a bad reaction to smoking weed when i was about 15 that resulted in me having OCD which i have now had for about 15 years (it comes and goes). done my fair share of other drugs but every time i smoke weed it triggers episodes of ocd that last months/years.

Those weed panic attacks can really feel like life is war. Tunnel vision, awful thoughts.

I feel for people whose latent mental illness is triggered by taking drugs. True psychosis is far scarier and damaging than psychedelic psychosis.

The biggest concern with psychedelics, in my opinion, is improper use and no place to safely be and then safely land. A good, experienced guide is critical.

I did a mess of psychedelics before 25 snd had some mystical experiences, a couple were positively life changing, but most of the time it wasn’t so great due to being an underdeveloped ego and brain. These drugs aren’t toys to play with and kids definitely don’t need to be dropping.

As an adult, my relationship with these things is pf respect and a sense of awe. Powerful shit that can help us heal and repair the brain from the harms of trauma and living in a crazy modern world.

A ton of the stuff going around out there isn’t legit either. The real deal needlepoint is only made in a few places and truly is groovy and a thing of power and beauty. There’s even proliferation of bootleg mushroom chocolates out there made with research chemicals that mimic psilocybin. Gross!

I think its also critical to be cautious with your dosing. Paper hits can absorb only so much, but gellys can hold many, many mics. No such thing as being a wimp and cutting one in half for the first go. Same with liquid. Its rare, but who says your vial isn’t wash from whoever laid the xtal? 1 drop might be like 5!

Meditation works better anyways

Stay safe
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

changed1

« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2023, 04:59:12 PM »

half the comments in this thread are about this kid ^^^
Holy shit what a horrible experience for that kid. Went through a rabbit hole in the comments and found his Instagram and YouTube. Dude still seems very seriously fried and he made a video a few months ago where he mentioned salvia