Author Topic: How do you store your skateboard when you’re not using it?  (Read 1458 times)

Cesspool86

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 60
Re: How do you store your skateboard when you’re not using it?
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2023, 06:15:07 PM »
I just leave it in the car because my dumbass can't remember it in the morning when I'm leaving for work

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2023, 04:31:12 AM »
Colder/milder months: leave in trunk 80% of the time

Warmer months: bring inside near front door area out of the way (wheels down) under a side table. Can't do vertical. No way I can have wheel marks on the house walls. I may also leave in trunk if I'm truly lazy. Usually I don't get much, if any issue with the board. Sometimes the bushings get extra soft and squishy/turny but that's about it

Cruiser board permanently stays in trunk so I have transportation unless I need to bring it in for tune up
Super Champion Fun Zone

WelcomeToHell

• Rep: 256
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2023, 05:21:57 AM »
The backup complete stays in the trunk and the good one in the house.

This.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2023, 07:33:12 AM »
i just bring it inside over the winter, it will regularly reach -30 here in the winter and over +30 in the summer (between -22 to 86 F) . l have left dozens of boards in worst heat all summer and never felt like it skated worse afterwards. it is very humid in my climate. i find the cabin part of the car has a much better seal than the trunk so leave it in there if you can / have to. keeping it wrapped up is better for keeping it at a more normal temperature as well it seems and also protects it from being seen by thieves.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 966
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2023, 09:02:17 AM »
Is super cold bad for the bloard? I kinda always thought the opposite. That extreme cold was good for the bloard.

Car heat sucks balls tho.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2023, 09:16:22 AM »

I keep it simple
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

backside_frontside

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -300
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2023, 09:21:15 AM »
Is super cold bad for the bloard? I kinda always thought the opposite. That extreme cold was good for the bloard.

Try turning on a skateboard after you’ve let it sit in a freezing cold trunk for 12 hours. A mistake I’ve only made once.

logjammin

• Rep: 336
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2023, 09:55:06 AM »
Surprised how many people leave their shit in their trunk. Same principle as a guitar you care about, you don't want temp extremes or frequent temp changes as much as you can help it. I definitely bring my board inside and just put it up against the wall. 

marcusbutler

• Rep: 40
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2023, 10:10:31 AM »
I'm in FLorida. Weather is always 90+. My board stays 100% of the time in the trunk of my car.
We rode 7.5's" and didn't complain.

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 322
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2023, 11:35:07 AM »

It's not so much about extreme temperatures as it is about extreme changes in temperature. For example, if you leave your board in your car in the evening when it's about 65 degrees F and then overnight it drops to 0 and then returns to 65 that next morning, that'll fuck the wood up a lot more than if it were 0 the whole time.

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 966
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2023, 01:56:34 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

It's not so much about extreme temperatures as it is about extreme changes in temperature. For example, if you leave your board in your car in the evening when it's about 65 degrees F and then overnight it drops to 0 and then returns to 65 that next morning, that'll fuck the wood up a lot more than if it were 0 the whole time.

ah

yeah i wake up in the morn roll over and say good morning to my board smoke 2 joints eat blueberry oatmeal drank a coffee an hit the road.

i do got an emergency board in the trunk. Orchard Beast grapginc
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Nymphicus hollandicus

• Rep: 20
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2023, 02:40:36 AM »
I'm a bit late to the party with this but I've been using a couple of these bags from Decathlon for transport and storage of my two most used boards. They're reasonably cheap at around £10 a pop and I've found they're great for if you want to travel a bit more discretely on public transport etc. Build quality seems ok just for light travel and keeping them covered, the strap isn't the most comfortable but it does the job. They have a little zip pocket for a skate tool too.
They're advertised as: Decathlon / Oxelo Waterproof Skateboard Transport Bag SC100 for anyone after one of them.

At home I have my boards/spare/old decks leant up against the main hallway like so (temperature is fairly stable in this part of my place) and I've not had any major issues so far:

spacial_profiling

• Rep: -88
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2023, 03:19:42 AM »
I keep a damp rid bag hanging in my car’s trunk which helps a little

Bill Salt

« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2023, 03:29:08 AM »
I put it up my...
Cigar cabinet