Author Topic: israel and palestine  (Read 16078 times)

pool coping

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -63
israel and palestine
« on: October 09, 2023, 07:59:15 PM »
what are your thoughts on the current situation in the levant?

Ricky Vaughn

• Rep: 265
Re: israel and palestine
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2023, 06:58:50 AM »
Tell the world to eat my dick
I’m a prick motherfucker
Life Hell Tough shit
I’m the bic motherfucker

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 780
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2023, 07:15:57 AM »
Terrible all round. There's no justification for Hamas' recent actions but the media's ongoing one-sidedness is disgusting. Where has the outcry and condemnation been for the Palestinians leading up to this? Israel know they have a few weeks of overwhelming support to go really hard before the international community comes around and demands some restraint. Ultimately, flattening Gaza will inspire a new generation of radicals and the cycle will continue, while arms dealers rub their hands.

Civilians on both sides are going to pay the highest price for those in power's games. But Palestinians in Gaza are going to come out of this the worst, no matter who you blame.

Israelis and Palestinians deserve better leadership and the rest of us need to accept how complicit our own leaders are in all of this.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2023, 07:30:06 AM »
Israel created Hamas to counter the PLO and other left wing organizations, then stuck them for fifteen years in a pressure-cooker situation until the seal burst and now they can justify ever further aggression against Palestine and expansion into Palestinian territories. The Israeli right (and most of the country is pretty far right) has been waiting for this moment for over a decade. They are ecstatic to justify further ethnic cleaning.

Obviously nothing can excuse the massacre at the party, but a stray thought which sticks with me is that there’s something so grimly macabre about gathering outside the border wall of an open-air prison, on land which is “legally Palestinian” (in terms of international law which Israel ignores without consequence) and on which Palestinians lived until the second GW Bush term, in order to conduct a rave.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2023, 11:05:46 AM by manysnakes »
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

addie pray

• Rep: -527
  • u a whole goofy
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2023, 07:42:56 AM »

"miss me yet?"

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2023, 07:57:18 AM »
Israel created Hamas to counter the PLO and other left wing organizations, then stuck them for fifteen years in an pressure-cooker situation until the seal burst and now they can justify ever further aggression against Palestine and expansion into Palestinian territories.

Makes a lot of sense and they probably did that with the backing and guidance of the US/ UK... remember how we funded Islamic militants in Afghanistan to fight the Soviets back in the Cold War?

The cynic in me, does not believe Israel couldn't see this coming. This will all be to their advantage at the cost of thousands of civilians on both sides.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2023, 08:11:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Israel created Hamas to counter the PLO and other left wing organizations, then stuck them for fifteen years in an pressure-cooker situation until the seal burst and now they can justify ever further aggression against Palestine and expansion into Palestinian territories.
[close]

Makes a lot of sense and they probably did that with the backing and guidance of the US/ UK... remember how we funded Islamic militants in Afghanistan to fight the Soviets back in the Cold War?

The cynic in me, does not believe Israel couldn't see this coming. This will all be to their advantage at the cost of thousands of civilians on both sides.

Western elites have demonstrated again and again a preference for Islamic fundamentalists over anyone who articulates a vision of redistribution.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -437
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2023, 03:09:35 PM »
Obviously nothing can excuse the massacre at the party, but

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 971
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2023, 04:20:54 PM »
It's obvious that Israel should except the terms.

Two state solution is the only way to avoid more blood.

Theses fools been fighting over this imaginary shit since the beginning of recorded time.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

GS77

• Rep: 94
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2023, 04:21:10 PM »
I think Biden’s response has been terrible. He seems like a puppet of the Israeli state. He is basically acting like Tony Blair (a lap dog for George Bush) during the Iraq war. Why can’t he say loud and clear that Hamas is not Palestine? The Palestinians are in the middle of a pressure cooker, but instead of expressing this Biden is co-signing Israel’s desire to go in to the Gaza Strip and absorb it into Israel. The Israeli government is going to take advantage of this attack to further displace the Palestinians and the U.S. government is going to let them.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2023, 04:36:22 PM »
Aren’t there a few Israeli Pals on here? Eranka? Is everyone alright?

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1101
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2023, 04:49:59 PM »
Last I heard, the homie Concerned_Skater was over in Israel with his wife. Hope he (and everyone) is doing as best as possible, considering the current situation.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

pool coping

• Rep: -63
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2023, 09:01:43 PM »
i think it's crazy that israel just gets away with committing undeniable war crimes like bombing civilians and starving/cutting off essential utilities to palestinians and the world still sees them as the victim. like at what point does the world say 'come on now israel, that's enough' or are we just going to let them straight up commit genocide? also ridiculous how many of the horrible claims of babies being beheaded and such are just unfounded.

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2023, 10:39:13 PM »
i think it's crazy that israel just gets away with committing undeniable war crimes like bombing civilians and starving/cutting off essential utilities to palestinians and the world still sees them as the victim. like at what point does the world say 'come on now israel, that's enough' or are we just going to let them straight up commit genocide? also ridiculous how many of the horrible claims of babies being beheaded and such are just unfounded.

Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

suhdude

• Rep: 10
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2023, 01:35:03 AM »
At this point there are no winners, only losers in the form of innocents on both sides of the border. It's unjustifiable what is happening to the civilians of both Israel and Palestine. Hamas and the Government of Israel do not represent the people that are suffering the most.

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 561
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2023, 06:08:19 AM »
I think Biden’s response has been terrible. He seems like a puppet of the Israeli state. He is basically acting like Tony Blair (a lap dog for George Bush) during the Iraq war. Why can’t he say loud and clear that Hamas is not Palestine? The Palestinians are in the middle of a pressure cooker, but instead of expressing this Biden is co-signing Israel’s desire to go in to the Gaza Strip and absorb it into Israel. The Israeli government is going to take advantage of this attack to further displace the Palestinians and the U.S. government is going to let them.

If you're an ally to the American Government you can get away with as many atrocities as you want. The United States looked the other way when Saudi Arabia was committing atrocities in Yemen.

If you have something America wants or needs like oil, military strategic advantage in a region, lobbying groups that will fund your campaign, etc the US doesn't care what if you're ethnically cleansing some poor undesirables with no political power.

Palestinians don't have anything. They have no money. They have no strong military. They have no political power. They don't even have water or electricity. Shit by 2030 they probably will have no more land either. Because of that in their eyes they don't matter and are not worth speaking up for and defending them.

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2023, 07:19:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Obviously nothing can excuse the massacre at the party, but
[close]

This quote with your Tyshawn signature reminds me of the one dude in every barbershop that pops in, drops a real crazy hot take for everyone to argue about, then leaves early never intending to get a haircut.

Oh and from the best of my knowledge what’s going on in that area of the world is Palestinian genocide from decades of post-WW2/ Cold War fuckery. The Hamas atrocities are being used to justify aggression in similar fashion to how 9/11 gave the government a free pass to spy of civilians and bully the Middle East. I think Americans have grown to become  particularly offended when the media tries to conflate the safety of the public with the intent of the government, which is why I think there is so many mixed responses.

I want all my Jews in Israel to be safe, and I’m sad about the lives lost but you have to do more to call out the fuckshit your government is on. It should have never gotten to this point.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2023, 07:37:22 AM by Lenny the Fatface »

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2023, 08:20:13 AM »
The UN should just spay the middle east with LSD and send in a ton of PATRIOTIC sex workers and call it a day.

All those power fools just need lube. It's dry in the desert and sweat and spit will only get you so far
(A)pl(E)

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2023, 09:16:19 AM »
The UN should just spay the middle east with LSD and send in a ton of PATRIOTIC sex workers and call it a day.

All those power fools just need lube. It's dry in the desert and sweat and spit will only get you so far

That sounds like my theory that legalized, taxed and unstigmatized prostitution would drastically reduce random shootings in the west.

With the Middle East you can’t ignore the resource issues though. As long as they are sitting on an abundance of oil and rare minerals the super powers will be interested. Most of the fuckery is a growth in radical religious sects in response to countries like USA and Russia wanting to influence the political powers of those regions.

That’s why they try to teach American children that the Israel Palestine conflict is some centuries old beef when most of the bullshit started in the 1950’s.

addie pray

• Rep: -527
  • u a whole goofy
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2023, 09:17:15 AM »
'48

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 236
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2023, 09:17:47 AM »
I’d highly recommend giving Maen a follow. He’s a skater/photographer in Palestine and he’s posting some really heart wrenching stuff right now about every day Palestinians.
https://instagram.com/maenster?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

eranka

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2023, 09:40:05 AM »
currently in reserve service in the north of the country, this whole situation feels almost unreal, it is devastating and it will take a long time to recover from this attack.me and everyone I know know someone who died or got kidnapped.  I really don’t feel like debating or explaining anything right now.
The Israeli skate family lost a great kid on Saturday
http://youtu.be/DZIzsL1SRGU?si=4mNPyL0u-KXIrhYQ
Rip Ofek

GS77

• Rep: 94
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2023, 10:05:00 AM »
I am sorry this happened to the people of your country. Stay safe. There is really nothing to say. I wish you well.

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 216
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2023, 10:36:44 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
currently in reserve service in the north of the country, this whole situation feels almost unreal, it is devastating and it will take a long time to recover from this attack.me and everyone I know know someone who died or got kidnapped.  I really don’t feel like debating or explaining anything right now.
Rip Ofek
Stay save!

standfast

• Rep: 19
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2023, 11:36:13 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

If you're an ally to the American Government you can get away with as many atrocities as you want. The United States looked the other way when Saudi Arabia was committing atrocities in Yemen.

If you have something America wants or needs like oil, military strategic advantage in a region, lobbying groups that will fund your campaign, etc the US doesn't care what if you're ethnically cleansing some poor undesirables with no political power.

Palestinians don't have anything. They have no money. They have no strong military. They have no political power. They don't even have water or electricity. Shit by 2030 they probably will have no more land either. Because of that in their eyes they don't matter and are not worth speaking up for and defending them.

Ding, ding, ding, We've got a winner!

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2023, 12:00:06 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Rip Ofek

Stay safe, man.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2023, 01:49:07 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Rip Ofek

Be safe Yo. Im sorry about your friend. I wish no more people would get hurt.
(A)pl(E)

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 269
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2023, 08:12:18 PM »
Fuck Hamas, it’s a religious-fascist government that doesn’t have popular support for its violence against civilians.

Double goes for Nentanyahu and the Zionist government for the exact same reasons
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2023, 09:30:31 PM »

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2023, 09:36:40 PM »
I’d highly recommend giving Maen a follow. He’s a skater/photographer in Palestine and he’s posting some really heart wrenching stuff right now about every day Palestinians.
https://instagram.com/maenster?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Thanks for sharing.