Author Topic: israel and palestine  (Read 15740 times)

231st Street

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -187
Re: israel and palestine
« Reply #210 on: January 15, 2024, 12:38:02 PM »
https://www.ohchr.org/en/press-releases/2024/01/un-experts-demand-accountability-victims-sexual-torture-and-unlawful

(In reference to Many Snake's post above)

There is much more I could share, but everyone can feel free to google. 

To the poster's above, I know y'all dont believe this, but the end game of the AVERAGE ISRAELI is to free the hostages and exact punishment on Hamas for the October 7 attacks.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #211 on: January 15, 2024, 07:10:03 PM »
I don’t necessarily understand Israel’s long game here.

1. If it’s truly to eliminate Hamas, they’re doing a real shit job of making sure this doesn’t create a new generation of organizations who want them dead.

If it’s poorly veiled ethnic cleansing like most Americans under 40 believe, then how does 2. Israel expect to be supported by America once the current generation of leaders pass away?

1. I don't think that they do truly want to eliminate Hamas. Hamas attacks on Israel continue to drive the U.S. and other nations giving them money.

2. They probably see the political weather over here, and they we seem to be electing an alarming amount of christian fundamentalists into government. Those people will never stop giving money to the state of Israel, because if Israel goes away, then they don't get to have their little armageddon.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

addie pray

• Rep: -525
  • u a whole goofy
« Reply #212 on: January 16, 2024, 06:15:08 AM »
"the hague will not stop us"

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1476
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #213 on: January 17, 2024, 01:07:18 PM »
"the hague will not stop us"
The OG genociders, Germany, says we’re not genociding hard enough.

tkp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 509
    • shop lurker avatar image
« Reply #214 on: January 23, 2024, 06:48:23 PM »
I tuned into a webinar this morning:

Many people introduced themselves at the beginning in the text chat and I saw a handful of familiar names from the skate world.

The speakers dropped a ton of knowledge. It was pretty emotional at times, especially when hearing from the skater located in Ramallah.

Supposedly the webinar recording will be made available at some point down the road. The speakers mentioned there were about 120 in attendance.

https://www.instagram.com/skateboarderspalestinealliance/

Pasta Monster

« Reply #215 on: January 29, 2024, 06:49:51 AM »
https://apple.news/ADjtYUd3uR_eaMkZ3bhCZjw

Israel is being more vocal about pushing Palestinians out of Gaza and West Bank for more settlements.

It’s so hard for Israelis to treat Palestinians as people that the only viable solution is to get rid of them. But, Israelis are the real victims, and if you say otherwise, you’re an anti-Semite.

Silas posts pro-Palestine content in his IG stories. Next board I get will have his name on it.

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1091
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #216 on: February 26, 2024, 02:03:16 PM »
While I still don't feel comfortable opining on the actual underlying conflict between these two countries -- as an outsider with friends who support both sides, it still seems not my place -- I am curious about ppl here's thoughts on Aaron Bushnell and his recent self-immolation protest.

Did his actions serve its purpose (it did get me to pay attn to the conflict again)?

Was he acting in his right mind? Does it matter?

Does it matter who utilizes self-immolation as a form of protest? Does a relative outsider taking the action give the act any more or less (or equal) validity as someone who has a concrete connection to the underlying conflict? Not sure of Bushnell's religious beliefs, if any, but does his being in the military affect how folks perceive the weight of the actions he took?

Really just curious. It's sad -- sad situation all around -- but this young man apparently wanted to add to the discussion, so I feel it's a topic not off-limits.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

addie pray

• u a whole goofy
« Reply #217 on: February 26, 2024, 02:35:23 PM »
he will be welcomed at the gates of heaven as a truly compassionate and merciful soul, forever lol at the cops who drew guns down on a charred corpse. fuck da USA

addie pray

• u a whole goofy
« Reply #218 on: February 26, 2024, 02:36:01 PM »
not surprised to hear you're a fencewalking bitch tho Eddie

type

• Rep: -51
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #219 on: February 26, 2024, 07:10:07 PM »
My shit got removed cause I called him a idiot?

Seriously explain to me how thats not the stupidest move you can pull
I’m stuck in Fresno rn. behind that circle k across from Wendy’s

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #220 on: February 26, 2024, 08:15:11 PM »
https://plumvillage.org/about/thich-nhat-hanh/letters/in-search-of-the-enemy-of-man

In Search of the Enemy of Man

A letter to the Rev. Martin Luther King from Thich Nhat Hanh, sent on June 1, 1965. It was their first contact and they met for the first time in Chicago, a year later, on 31 May 1966.

The self-burning of Vietnamese Buddhist monks in 1963 is somehow difficult for the Western Christian conscience to understand. The Press spoke then of suicide, but in the essence, it is not. It is not even a protest.

What the monks said in the letters they left before burning themselves aimed only at alarming, at moving the hearts of the oppressors and at calling the attention of the world to the suffering endured then by the Vietnamese. To burn oneself by fire is to prove that what one is saying is of the utmost importance. There is nothing more painful than burning oneself. To say something while experiencing this kind of pain is to say it with the utmost of courage, frankness, determination and sincerity.

During the ceremony of ordination, as practiced in the Mahayana tradition, the monk-candidate is required to burn one, or more, small spots on his body in taking the vow to observe the 250 rules of a bhikshu, to live the life of a monk, to attain enlightenment and to devote his life to the salvation of all beings. One can, of course, say these things while sitting in a comfortable armchair; but when the words are uttered while kneeling before the community of sangha and experiencing this kind of pain, they will express all the seriousness of one’s heart and mind, and carry much greater weight.

The Vietnamese monk, by burning himself, say with all his strengh [sic] and determination that he can endure the greatest of sufferings to protect his people. But why does he have to burn himself to death? The difference between burning oneself and burning oneself to death is only a difference in degree, not in nature. A man who burns himself too much must die. The importance is not to take one’s life, but to burn. What he really aims at is the expression of his will and determination, not death.

In the Buddhist belief, life is not confined to a period of 60 or 80 or 100 years: life is eternal. Life is not confined to this body: life is universal. To express will by burning oneself, therefore, is not to commit an act of destruction but to perform an act of construction, i.e., to suffer and to die for the sake of one’s people. This is not suicide. Suicide is an act of self-destruction, having as causes the following:

lack of courage to live and to cope with difficulties
defeat by life and loss of all hope
desire for non-existence (abhava)
This self-destruction is considered by Buddhism as one of the most serious crimes. The monk who burns himself has lost neither courage nor hope; nor does he desire non-existence. On the contrary, he is very courageous and hopeful and aspires for something good in the future. He does not think that he is destroying himself; he believes in the good fruition of his act of self-sacrifice for the sake of others. Like the Buddha in one of his former lives — as told in a story of Jataka — who gave himself to a hungry lion which was about to devour her own cubs, the monk believes he is practicing the doctrine of highest compassion by sacrificing himself in order to call the attention of, and to seek help from, the people of the world.

I am sure that since you have been engaged in one of the hardest struggles for equality and human rights, you are among those who understand fully, and who share with all their hearts, the indescribable suffering of the Vietnamese people. The world’s greatest humanists would not remain silent. You yourself can not remain silent.

I believe with all my heart that the monks who burned themselves did not aim at the death of the oppressors but only at a change in their policy. Their enemies are not man. They are intolerance, fanaticism, dictatorship, cupidity, hatred and discrimination which lie within the heart of man. I also believe with all my being that the struggle for equality and freedom you lead in Birmingham, Alabama… is not aimed at the whites but only at intolerance, hatred and discrimination. These are real enemies of man — not man himself. In our unfortunate father land we are trying to yield desperately: do not kill man, even in man’s name. Please kill the real enemies of man which are present everywhere, in our very hearts and minds.

Now in the confrontation of the big powers occurring in our country, hundreds and perhaps thousands of Vietnamese peasants and children lose their lives every day, and our land is unmercifully and tragically torn by a war which is already twenty years old. I am sure that since you have been engaged in one of the hardest struggles for equality and human rights, you are among those who understand fully, and who share with all their hearts, the indescribable suffering of the Vietnamese people. The world’s greatest humanists would not remain silent. You yourself can not remain silent.

America is said to have a strong religious foundation and spiritual leaders would not allow American political and economic doctrines to be deprived of the spiritual element. You cannot be silent since you have already been in action and you are in action because, in you, God is in action, too — to use Karl Barth’s expression. And Albert Schweitzer, with his stress on the reverence for life and Paul Tillich with his courage to be, and thus, to love. And Niebuhr. And Mackay. And Fletcher. And Donald Harrington.

All these religious humanists, and many more, are not going to favour the existence of a shame such as the one mankind has to endure in Vietnam. Recently a young Buddhist monk named Thich Giac Thanh burned himself to call the attention of the world to the suffering endured by the Vietnamese, the suffering caused by this unnecessary war — and you know that war is never necessary. Another young Buddhist, a nun named Hue Thien was about to sacrifice herself in the same way and with the same intent, but her will was not fulfilled because she did not have the time to strike a match before people saw and interfered. Nobody here wants the war. What is the war for, then? And whose is the war?

Yesterday in a class meeting, a student of mine prayed: “Lord Buddha, help us to be alert to realize that we are not victims of each other. We are victims of our own ignorance and the ignorance of others. Help us to avoid engaging ourselves more in mutual slaughter because of the will of others to power and to predominance.” In writing to you, as a Buddhist, I profess my faith in Love, in Communion and in the World’s Humanists whose thoughts and attitude should be the guide for all human kind in finding who is the real enemy of Man.

June 1, 1965
NHAT HANH

type

« Reply #221 on: February 26, 2024, 08:31:58 PM »
Thats what your gonna go for, you really think that shits cool huh

This site is fuckin cooked

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Illusion Flip

type

« Reply #223 on: February 27, 2024, 05:31:35 AM »
Lol

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #224 on: February 27, 2024, 07:22:51 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/C32vxGdOQTy/?igsh=MXB2cWJ2NWRxemJjeg==

This child starved to death in North Gaza because aid trucks have been attacked continuously.

Pasta Monster

« Reply #225 on: February 27, 2024, 08:21:48 AM »
^
In addition to attacking aid trucks, Israeli citizens are blocking roads to prevent aid from going into Gaza. They're supported by Israeli army and police.  How the fuck is starving children to death fighting Hamas? Fuck Israel and anyone who supports that country.

type

« Reply #226 on: February 27, 2024, 09:56:36 AM »
Maybe it would be smartest for the palestinian people to not do terror attacks on the stronger nation knowing their gonna get their shit fucked up afterwards over and over again

I dont give a fuck about israel either, they can both kill eachother over there for all I care

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1370
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #227 on: February 27, 2024, 10:53:28 AM »
Maybe it would be smartest for the palestinian people to not do terror attacks on the stronger nation knowing their gonna get their shit fucked up afterwards over and over again

I dont give a fuck about israel either, they can both kill eachother over there for all I care

You smoke bong longs with cigarette butt tobacco dont you? Sprayed CBD, spice, and dirty water
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #228 on: February 27, 2024, 11:02:18 AM »
Not going to tolerate that nonsense. User posted Ben Shapiro gif in another thread so I know what it really believes. They can argue their perspective on facebook. Slap cares about the kids.

Phil Leotardo

• Rep: 2
  • Lemme tell you a couple of three things
« Reply #229 on: February 27, 2024, 12:41:09 PM »

The false nation of israel and it's supporters can suck the biggest fart from my asshole. After speaking to multiple IDF soldiers who gleefully boasted about murdering civilians like it was a badge of honor, they're nothing more in my mind than a modern day Third Reich.
There's no scraps in my scrapbook

caked

• Rep: 3
« Reply #230 on: February 27, 2024, 06:18:24 PM »
he will be welcomed at the gates of heaven as a truly compassionate and merciful soul, forever lol at the cops who drew guns down on a charred corpse. fuck da USA
this. RIP Aaron. Those of us who stand with Palestinians recognize him as a hero in this revolution. His words and actions were powerful. I wish the genocide was over months ago so he didn't feel compelled to carry out this form of protest. Reprehensible that the US has vetoed a ceasefire three times now, just disgusting.

Was with my extended family this weekend and we got into it about Palestine. My grandmother who has a PhD in molecular genetics from Yale tried telling me Palestinians were caucasian like us. LMFAO. I had to tell her three times that Palestinians are largely black and brown ethnic arabs. This is the kind of stupidity we're up against. Just mind-blowing.

FREE PALESTINE

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1958
« Reply #231 on: February 28, 2024, 04:08:16 AM »
Seeing people who are still in the middle on this are giving me a stomach ache.

whale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 204
« Reply #232 on: February 28, 2024, 10:42:30 AM »
I can’t fathom how the rest of the world can keep turning a blind eye to all this.
It’s not even about picking a side, but recognizing the horrible war crimes israel is committing and saying something.

231st Street

« Reply #233 on: February 28, 2024, 11:25:58 AM »
I've hesitated to wade back into this and may get me banned, but has to be said- for those of us whose family was killed on October 7 or remain hostage, we obviously have a different view then you overall despite what we may think about specific Israeli military actions.  Regardless, hoping and praying for peace for all. World needs less states and flags and more compassion.

Pasta Monster

« Reply #234 on: February 28, 2024, 11:58:24 AM »
I've hesitated to wade back into this and may get me banned, but has to be said- for those of us whose family was killed on October 7 or remain hostage, we obviously have a different view then you overall despite what we may think about specific Israeli military actions.  Regardless, hoping and praying for peace for all. World needs less states and flags and more compassion.
You're not going to be banned unless you say something bigoted. Congrats on victimizing yourself, though.

231st Street

« Reply #235 on: February 28, 2024, 12:36:48 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
You're not going to be banned unless you say something bigoted. Congrats on victimizing yourself, though.

Not my intent -- further "kooked" I should have said maybe.  Clearly I'm not a victim as an American in NYC.  Not going to edit as I dont want to gaslight you.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1370
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #236 on: February 28, 2024, 01:17:39 PM »
nice name change @bronxriverkook
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Pasta Monster

« Reply #237 on: February 29, 2024, 05:44:46 AM »
At least 104 people have been killed and hundreds injured in Gaza after Israeli forces opened fire as they were waiting for food, according to the Palestinian Ministry of Health in Gaza. The Israel Defense Forces said "the incident is under review."

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #238 on: February 29, 2024, 09:58:28 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/C38GA5ZxjgQ/?igsh=bGlhbnFzcWxkeXls

Is there anyone willing to tread into Telegram where there are apparently Israel accounts celebrating their cruelty and carnage? I can barely stomach this much.

231st Street

« Reply #239 on: March 01, 2024, 04:44:22 AM »
I'm not on Telegram and have heard alot of it is propaganda and fake posts.  I sincerely hope that isn't an Israeli posting like that.  I've never heard and Israeli or jew talk like that-- it is disgusting if true.  That said, I could search the internet for nasty posts about killing people attributed to posters of other religions and groups, but would not do that as I know a lot of comments and posts on the internet are propaganda meant to turn human beings against each other for the clicks, to he benefit of foreign powers, etc. 

I know many people from "the other" religion in real life, and know they really aren't talking like that (at least not to me) when they criticize Israel/Jews (versus what people say online), so I assume alot of it is bullshit, posted by Nazis, bots etc..

There is enough slanted/negative allegations against Israel on legit, if biased, news sites like Al Jazeera.  Why try to use Telegram as evidence or use Telegram at all? 

I hope you are able to think about the folks you know from this group if any and try to consider what is real and what is propaganda. 

To the person pointing out my name change-- so what? Clearly I'm not pretending to be a different person.. Even called out my name change in the thread that inspired it.  I'm open about what religion/ethnicity I'm from.  Peace and love, all!