Author Topic: Is Heroin's Curb Crusher Good for Bowl?  (Read 487 times)

moriko

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
Is Heroin's Curb Crusher Good for Bowl?
« on: October 14, 2023, 01:00:10 PM »
So I'm trying to decide on my next board and i mostly skate bowl, and i came across the curb crusher and i just love the shape, is it valid to skate this in the bowl?? but its either this or a Brand X killer medic. Any thoughts?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2023, 02:37:26 PM by moriko »

disclosed

• Rep: 175
Re: Is Heroin's Curb Crusher Good for Bowl?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2023, 03:11:51 PM »
So I'm trying to decide on my next board and i mostly skate bowl, and i came across the curb crusher and i just love the shape, is it valid to skate this in the bowl?? but its either this or a Brand X killer medic. Any thoughts?

i would say yes. better for bowls than curbs atleast.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 678
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2023, 07:32:57 AM »
I will say yes it definitely works in a bowl
it is 14.6" wb which is fairly long which is good for stability at higher speeds and a more drawn out turn
shorter wb id say are better for doing like more complicated lip tricks and stuff like that. i am guessing Tony Hawk did the 900 on a 8" x 14"wb board. so even spins are probably better on a shorter wb board.

moriko

• Rep: 0
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2023, 05:55:15 PM »
I will say yes it definitely works in a bowl
it is 14.6" wb which is fairly long which is good for stability at higher speeds and a more drawn out turn
shorter wb id say are better for doing like more complicated lip tricks and stuff like that. i am guessing Tony Hawk did the 900 on a 8" x 14"wb board. so even spins are probably better on a shorter wb board.
Expand Quote
[close]

i would say yes. better for bowls than curbs atleast.
thank u both fr :D ;D

Prostate Exam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 501
  • registered SLAP offender
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2023, 02:16:35 AM »
As far as I am concerned the Curb Crusher has a rather short nose.
That's why I never got one, since I really rely on having a longer nose when I am skating transition.
I once had a board with a short nose and stepped off the edge of the nose doing a disaster. Eversince then I will always go for a longer nose.
To me the perfect board is the Heroin Mutant / Dead Dave board. I have literally skated dozens of it and it looks like I won't change my setup anytime soon.

I mostly skate miniramps, a bit of street here and there, some vert and some bowls and the board work perfectly in any terrain.

If you are looking for a board to just cruise in a bowl, the curbcrusher definitely is a solid choice. But if you are trying to do tricks, especially disasters or nosepicks etc, try going for a bigger nose.

That's just my opinion on the shape

djoekr

• Rep: 298
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2023, 03:59:42 AM »
As far as I am concerned the Curb Crusher has a rather short nose.
That's why I never got one, since I really rely on having a longer nose when I am skating transition.
I once had a board with a short nose and stepped off the edge of the nose doing a disaster. Eversince then I will always go for a longer nose.
To me the perfect board is the Heroin Mutant / Dead Dave board. I have literally skated dozens of it and it looks like I won't change my setup anytime soon.

I mostly skate miniramps, a bit of street here and there, some vert and some bowls and the board work perfectly in any terrain.

If you are looking for a board to just cruise in a bowl, the curbcrusher definitely is a solid choice. But if you are trying to do tricks, especially disasters or nosepicks etc, try going for a bigger nose.

That's just my opinion on the shape

Are you my alt I forgot about? I really like the big nose the Mutants have and although the Curb Crusher is the only board I like from the recent Heroin drop, I won't buy one as the tiny nose will probably throw me off. Side note: the gold and holographic foil that Heroin recently started using a lot looks horrible and ruins any deck they make. I like the Savage-series art from the new drop but I refuse to get the Mutant just for that reason. Only deck that made it look good was the Zane Theater deck.
Skateboarding is a joke
And if you think otherwise
you're fucked in the head

It's not that serious -
Go fast, catch a frontside
And remember why you love it

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 781
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2023, 08:51:15 AM »
i am guessing Tony Hawk did the 900 on a 8" x 14"wb board. so even spins are probably better on a shorter wb board.

I presume this is humor?