Author Topic: Milou of Pizza  (Read 14687 times)

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 976
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
Re: Milou of Pizza
« Reply #90 on: March 29, 2024, 12:08:20 PM »
This kids my favorite habitual sport maybe. He's too good for pizza. This is someone you could brand around maybe.
If there wasn't so many brands. Maybe we'll see him on werld
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 714
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #91 on: March 29, 2024, 01:15:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
also crazy that they turned down a Dylan / AO helmed board company after Dylan was at the height of his powers. Actually, when Crail Dylan and Alex were all at their peak.
[close]

Not super accurate because Dylan backed out and decided to skate for FA instead. At the time I don't think its a huge misstep consider what Alex Olson is like and that this happened at the tail end of pretty sweet.
[close]

Still the fact they had all those dudes looking to start their own thing and all being at their relative peak in popularity ( Brian Anderson was arguably more popular in 2012 than 2004 ) and crail didnít jump at the idea to lock them down is kinda what started the mass exodus that led to their downfall. Well that and whoever kept green lighting Ty Evanís budgets.

Pretty sure that the story I heard didnít involve BA - this would have been pre-3D. I presume BA and AO both decided independently of each other to leave Girl, with 3D being only slightly more conceived than whatever the Alex/dylan company was going to be called was. Just imagine a board company where Alex, Dylan and eventually Austyn could all workshop their ideas into the best possible outcome.
I dig those dudeís ideas but Dylan, Austyn and especially Alexís concepts seem to work best when they are yes-anding with like minded individuals and not taking 100% of the reigns themselves. Plus having two business partners holding him accountable means this company doesnít get 917íd as easily.

I might be crazy but I feel like the name had something to do with voguing
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

fatguy93

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
« Reply #92 on: April 02, 2024, 09:11:15 AM »
can somebody tell my why pizza is regarded so badly though? kind of missed the train here

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1196
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #93 on: April 02, 2024, 09:35:42 AM »
can somebody tell my why pizza is regarded so badly though? kind of missed the train here
other than problematic riders, the name of the company is fucking Pizza

mooraga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #94 on: April 02, 2024, 11:50:09 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

he's talking about chase webb, ex pizza rider accused of sexual missconduct

Southernmost

• Rep: 116
« Reply #95 on: April 02, 2024, 11:56:57 AM »

I forget the user name but they used to be really loud about how Pizza sucked. They mightíve got banned for constantly shitposting and stirring the pot but the dislike for Pizza seemed semi valid if I recall. I think the owners in tight with Zumiez so they sell product and even though itís a dumb name to most of us, people in general love to eat pizza so beginners may think itís cool. Overall it just seems kinda corny and falls into the mall brand category with rip and dip.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1196
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #96 on: April 02, 2024, 05:22:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

well yeah and that other dude. canít remember his name for the life of me

manuduncan

• Rep: 24
« Reply #97 on: April 02, 2024, 05:43:49 PM »
im a big fan of ducky kovacs' skating so i knew of pizza because he rode for them but once he left they fell off my radar, milou was definitely heads and shoulders skill wise above the brand though so it's good he's off

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #98 on: April 02, 2024, 07:14:06 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I forget the user name but they used to be really loud about how Pizza sucked. They mightíve got banned for constantly shitposting and stirring the pot but the dislike for Pizza seemed semi valid if I recall. I think the owners in tight with Zumiez so they sell product and even though itís a dumb name to most of us, people in general love to eat pizza so beginners may think itís cool. Overall it just seems kinda corny and falls into the mall brand category with rip and dip.

Hmm I wonder if was influenced. Cuz I only know Vincent Web and one other who's nameless face at this time. I hate the idea of having a Pizza board under my feet.
(A)pl(E)

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1370
« Reply #99 on: April 02, 2024, 07:15:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

Joogy from what I remember

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #100 on: April 02, 2024, 07:17:34 PM »
im a big fan of ducky kovacs' skating so i knew of pizza because he rode for them but once he left they fell off my radar, milou was definitely heads and shoulders skill wise above the brand though so it's good he's off

I didn't know Ducky was on that. He's pretty good. Really good style. I think he's TM for Venture. That's dope. That kinda like saying that you work for god.
(A)pl(E)

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #101 on: April 02, 2024, 07:19:28 PM »
I remember Ted used to post about how awful the graphics were and Pizza also took in Jimi Britches after FA fired him for embezzling or whatever sketchy activity he did

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 673
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #102 on: April 03, 2024, 04:10:15 AM »
rather ride blanks than pizza  ;D

skate_or_dingus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
« Reply #103 on: April 03, 2024, 06:54:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

Jesse Ventura

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -484
« Reply #104 on: April 03, 2024, 08:04:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Nah thatís a different sf based dude accused of rape that got swept under the rug. Jesse viera(spelling?) was the one who got off for bashing that security guards head. Also let take a minute to remember Brian  Delatorre fled the country after instigating that whole situation. Fuck all those dudes sf is a cess pool.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -48
« Reply #105 on: April 03, 2024, 08:18:53 AM »
As if that shit doesnít happen everywhere.

Yup only SF

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2190
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #106 on: April 03, 2024, 08:19:04 AM »
Ösf is a cess pool.
Actually, itís quite nice despite of some of the newer inhabitants.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1302
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #107 on: April 03, 2024, 12:58:23 PM »
Pizza also used to have Michael Pulizzi before he left to get on the tail end of Enjoi and now Jacuzzi. He's pretty nice on a flatbar. At one point their team was kinda alright despite their brand identity being pretty middle school.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #108 on: April 03, 2024, 01:22:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Nah thatís a different sf based dude accused of rape that got swept under the rug. Jesse viera(spelling?) was the one who got off for bashing that security guards head. Also let take a minute to remember Brian  Delatorre fled the country after instigating that whole situation. Fuck all those dudes sf is a cess pool.

I think Jesse was also sketchy personally.   At the time there was a woman who knew all about their shit and Dela fleeing to Mexico would post here and she had some less than positive things to say about his whole lifestyle.   This was around the Yonnie and Alex Davis revelations as well.  And I believe there was a guy with a name pretty close to the GX guy who released a part today that I got lambasted for confusing once.    Itís amazing GX has kept chugging along and not even considered changing the brand name like Kobe going fro, 8 to 24