Author Topic: Milou of Pizza  (Read 14755 times)

newMe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 18
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Milou of Pizza
« Reply #60 on: November 23, 2023, 08:42:06 AM »
Alien or Girl would be sick. Primitive, April, not that exciting, but could deffo see that as an option. 

ExpensiveHandjoe

• Rep: 22
« Reply #61 on: November 24, 2023, 02:34:22 AM »
Could see him on Girl  ;D

theextrabanana

• Rep: -134
« Reply #62 on: November 24, 2023, 03:33:23 AM »
Alien or Girl would be sick. Primitive, April, not that exciting, but could deffo see that as an option.

Come again? This is not 2003 brother. Primitive and April are the best board brands in skating

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #63 on: November 24, 2023, 03:48:05 AM »
He would shine on girl. On primitive he would be buried in a stacked rooster
check my music

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #64 on: November 24, 2023, 08:59:01 AM »

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1071
« Reply #65 on: November 24, 2023, 10:11:43 AM »
Girl may not have a headliner pro, but their team of top notch. I think griffin, Neil’s or Simon could transition into contest tier if they really wanted too.

Shtonk

• Rep: -326
« Reply #66 on: November 26, 2023, 11:20:30 AM »
Girl may not have a headliner pro, but their team of top notch. I think griffin, Neil’s or Simon could transition into contest tier if they really wanted too.

You're fried. Also I feel like Bannerot is a solid tier or two above the other two. Vincent would be a great catch for them. The jebkem tour vid made me really like him

hacefresco420

• Rep: 4
« Reply #67 on: December 07, 2023, 05:15:32 PM »
Kelly just said on Nine Club that Milou was riding a Girl board covered in Spitfire stickers at SLS in Brazil.

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #68 on: December 08, 2023, 06:28:30 AM »
throw em on Habitat call it a day

Patrick2G

• Rep: -299
« Reply #69 on: December 08, 2023, 11:51:31 AM »
Him on girl would be great.

A Not At All Naughty Chemist

• Rep: 45
« Reply #70 on: December 09, 2023, 05:44:55 AM »
Probably april. At streetleague they were talking very closely and for some reason they filmed it for a long time

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -483
« Reply #71 on: December 09, 2023, 05:42:49 PM »
Probably april. At streetleague they were talking very closely and for some reason they filmed it for a long time

I think April is the best bet for him he was doing those sls challenges with Deshawn and they seemed like decent friends from the contest circuit. That girl rumor has been present since he quit pizza though and Kelly saying he’s skating girl boards at that same contest is interesting.

Who would they have to kick off to pay him properly though? I doubt a girl check these days is any more than pizza was giving him.

Is he Olympic bound for France ? Cause if that’s the case I definitely see Shane wanting to grab him for April given how well the rest of the team is doing for the Olympics
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

FS_Overcrook

• Rep: 10
« Reply #72 on: December 09, 2023, 07:54:28 PM »
Simon Bannerot was in France skating that Adidas park with him before SLS. He was definitely skating a Girl/Chocolate deck at SLS with Spitfire stickers covering it. Take that for what you want.

disgruntledMTAEmployee

• Rep: -444
« Reply #73 on: December 09, 2023, 08:18:21 PM »
would definitely watch a crail couch with milou

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1292
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #74 on: December 09, 2023, 09:29:47 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Who would they have to kick off to pay him properly though? I doubt a girl check these days is any more than pizza was giving him.

If they get royalties, do you really think Girl sells less boards than Pizza? Of course the check from crail is sizably larger, even if they aren't as popular as in their prime.

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • I cut my grip with Occam's razor
« Reply #75 on: December 09, 2023, 09:36:17 PM »
would definitely watch a crail couch with milou

*Belle and Sebastian song*

HOW MANY BAGUETTES CAN YOU EAT?

*Belle and Sebastian song*

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #76 on: December 09, 2023, 11:11:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
If they get royalties, do you really think Girl sells less boards than Pizza? Of course the check from crail is sizably larger, even if they aren't as popular as in their prime.

I mean when’s the last time you saw anyone skating a girl board? Here In La I haven’t seen one in while. Mostly baker these days I feel like.

FS_Overcrook

• Rep: 10
« Reply #77 on: December 09, 2023, 11:36:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

I mean when’s the last time you saw anyone skating a girl board? Here In La I haven’t seen one in while. Mostly baker these days I feel like.

They sell pretty well. The Pacific Northwest has really spiked with Girl/Chocolate boards in the past 5 years. Lots of people skate them in Philadelphia and the surrounding suburbs.

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -60
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #78 on: March 27, 2024, 11:35:54 PM »
Is he still sponsorless or is he officially on Girl?

$$LESH

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Rep: 164
« Reply #79 on: March 27, 2024, 11:40:46 PM »

he’ll have his a board in the spring 2027 catalog at their rate

Vds

• Rep: -43
« Reply #80 on: March 27, 2024, 11:47:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

In Canada a lot.  And i haven't seen any Baker in like 10 years probably.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #81 on: March 28, 2024, 09:24:49 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Remember how long it took for Trahan? He was on for like 2 years and then got his board on a trip and then we still had to wait like 6 months for the edit and announcement.

You gotta wonder what dirt smyth has on Rick and Mike to have let him run their company into the ground and miss so many huge skaters.

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • I cut my grip with Occam's razor
« Reply #82 on: March 28, 2024, 11:37:10 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

there's roosters all the way down.

manuduncan

• Rep: 24
« Reply #83 on: March 28, 2024, 08:14:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Remember how long it took for Trahan? He was on for like 2 years and then got his board on a trip and then we still had to wait like 6 months for the edit and announcement.

You gotta wonder what dirt smyth has on Rick and Mike to have let him run their company into the ground and miss so many huge skaters.

rowan davis turned pro and his decks were available immediately so theyve prob changed how they do it now

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 717
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #84 on: March 28, 2024, 08:40:44 PM »
also crazy that they turned down a Dylan / AO helmed board company after Dylan was at the height of his powers. Actually, when Crail Dylan and Alex were all at their peak.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Shtonk

• Rep: -326
« Reply #85 on: March 29, 2024, 04:40:37 AM »
Expand Quote
also crazy that they turned down a Dylan / AO helmed board company after Dylan was at the height of his powers. Actually, when Crail Dylan and Alex were all at their peak.
[close]

I believe it was AO, Dylan, BA, and Austyn, and the Proto name was “X”

If this is true, that might just be the biggest fumble in the history of skateboarding, no?

fergus

• Rep: 46
« Reply #86 on: March 29, 2024, 06:23:31 AM »

Not super accurate because Dylan backed out and decided to skate for FA instead. At the time I don't think its a huge misstep consider what Alex Olson is like and that this happened at the tail end of pretty sweet.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #87 on: March 29, 2024, 06:52:03 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Not super accurate because Dylan backed out and decided to skate for FA instead. At the time I don't think its a huge misstep consider what Alex Olson is like and that this happened at the tail end of pretty sweet.

Still the fact they had all those dudes looking to start their own thing and all being at their relative peak in popularity ( Brian Anderson was arguably more popular in 2012 than 2004 ) and crail didn’t jump at the idea to lock them down is kinda what started the mass exodus that led to their downfall. Well that and whoever kept green lighting Ty Evan’s budgets.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #88 on: March 29, 2024, 07:14:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Still the fact they had all those dudes looking to start their own thing and all being at their relative peak in popularity ( Brian Anderson was arguably more popular in 2012 than 2004 ) and crail didn’t jump at the idea to lock them down is kinda what started the mass exodus that led to their downfall. Well that and whoever kept green lighting Ty Evan’s budgets.
Hubris is a dangerous thing. Also Mike Carroll is who Alex went to and he just sorta freaked out because this was at the end of pretty sweet and they had to promote the video.

BluffsideTank

• Rep: -16
« Reply #89 on: March 29, 2024, 10:32:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
Hubris is a dangerous thing. Also Mike Carroll is who Alex went to and he just sorta freaked out because this was at the end of pretty sweet and they had to promote the video.

AO went to Carroll about starting a brand on Crail? Bad timing on AO's part for sure, but that's the kind of erratic behavior we've come to expect of him.