Author Topic: Palestinian Skateboarder Breaks Down his Perspective in Skate Jawn  (Read 9505 times)

Frank and Fred

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 783

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
Re: Palestinian Skateboarder Breaks Down his Perspective in Skate Jawn
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2023, 10:52:13 AM »
That was a good read
« Last Edit: November 09, 2023, 11:49:10 AM by GrayCellGreen »

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 768
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2023, 11:30:54 AM »
bump
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

Mandatory Reload

• Rep: 79
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2023, 01:13:39 PM »
appreciate Skate Jawn for publishing this. the skateboarding industry has been embarrassingly silent on this issue and it's cool to see voices like Maen's being given a platform. he's 100% right, skateboarding is inherently political and the idea that it can be depoliticized is ludicrous but incredibly commonplace. the culture is based on reappropriating public spaces and private property for unintended use, it's impossible to remove politics from that process.

s/o to these crews keeping skateboarding alive while under a genocidal occupation, can't even imagine. Free Palestine

BBQStreisand

• Rep: -7
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2023, 02:14:36 PM »
s/o to these crews keeping skateboarding alive while under a genocidal occupation, can't even imagine. Free Palestine

Much respect to the author and Palestinian skateboarding as a whole. But how often this fried take is repeated is just baffling to me.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1093
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2023, 02:23:40 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Much respect to the author and Palestinian skateboarding as a whole. But how often this fried take is repeated is just baffling to me.

What Israel is doing in Gaza meets any definition of genocide.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

BBQStreisand

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2023, 02:53:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

According to international law it doesn’t. Some actions that the IDF have taken in their response certainly qualify as war crimes, you could call them barbaric, senseless or evil if that is what you think of them. But it’s not genocide. The Holocaust, Holodomor, what happened to the Armenians is genocide. Intend is the keyword. If the term genocide gets thrown around in the context of almost every armed conflict that people are emotionally involved in for one reason or another, I think we risk ending up desensitized to how drastic it is: the worst crime of all crimes.

apbarbs

• Rep: 38
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2023, 03:02:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

According to international law it doesn’t. Some actions that the IDF have taken in their response certainly qualify as war crimes, you could call them barbaric, senseless or evil if that is what you think of them. But it’s not genocide. The Holocaust, Holodomor, what happened to the Armenians is genocide. Intend is the keyword. If the term genocide gets thrown around in the context of almost every armed conflict that people are emotionally involved in for one reason or another, I think we risk ending up desensitized to how drastic it is: the worst crime of all crimes.

israel has openly stated their intent to turn gaza to dust, and their military operations mostly target civilians - if that's not 'intend' enough for you, i don't know what would be

BBQStreisand

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2023, 03:11:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

israel has openly stated their intent to turn gaza to dust, and their military operations mostly target civilians - if that's not 'intend' enough for you, i don't know what would be

Please provide proof of both claims. Last time I checked Israel stated that they wanted to eradicate Hamas, the jihadist terror group that is known to place their position in the most densely populated areas of Gaza City.

grassblade

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2023, 03:34:08 PM »

mr. bbq, you are cooked

Lord Viper Scorpion

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2023, 03:17:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

let's break out the law books while israel buries children alive - talk about fried

Lord Viper Scorpion

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2023, 03:20:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

talk about fried - the amount of cope in this post is laughable. let's break out the law books while israel buries children alive.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1093
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2023, 03:21:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Members of the cabinet called them “human animals” and didn’t rule out dropping a nuke on Gaza. Bibi himself said that they wouldn’t distinguish between ordinary Gazans and members of Hamas. Then they cut off water, power, shipments of food and medicine and have been conducting a monthlong bombing campaign which has seen them targeting hospitals, ambulances, bakeries, refugee camps, and roads in and out of the prison camp where these people are forced to live. This campaign has already killed 10,000 people, roughly 3-4,000 of those are children.

Shut the fuck up about “international law” as if that’s anything other than what the US decides that it is.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Pasta Monster

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2023, 03:04:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

What a fried take.

grassblade

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2023, 03:54:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

mr. bbq, you are fuckin cooked

work_lurker

• Rep: 69
  • I've never had a shaved head in my entire life
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2023, 04:39:42 PM »
Fuck that BBQ dude, straight up. Get the fuck out of here.
Hopefully not a kook, but if so, fuck it.

Ignatius J Reilly

• Rep: 269
  • often correct
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2023, 04:41:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Please provide proof of both claims. Last time I checked Israel stated that they wanted to eradicate Hamas, the jihadist terror group that is known to place their position in the most densely populated areas of Gaza City.
shut da fuck up

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2208
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2023, 04:47:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
shut da fuck up
I dunno y’all… seems like they may have you beat on a grammatical technicality.

If it walks like a Kovacs & quacks like a Kovacs…

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Ziad

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -103
    • bouklao.com avatar image
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2023, 05:02:12 PM »
israel has always been a terrorist racist state people are only hearing about it now because of videos being shared from palestine on social media that mainstream media would never show
im sure if youre american or european you dont know that in 2013 ethiopian jews immigrating to israel were given contraception shots against their will because they're black and that's not the color for the "israeli identity" that's in 2013!! its crazy!! if you support israel just quit getting your news from cnn, bcc etc.. and read history  :D

theextrabanana

• Rep: -134
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2023, 05:05:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
Please provide proof that you can trust what Israel is saying.

Well one is a free and democratic nation and the other has openly declared jihad against the other and is a known terrorist organization. Really not a hard decision if you’re a reasonable and rational person. War sucks no matter what obviously but that should go without saying.

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 768
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2023, 05:17:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Well one is a free and democratic nation and the other has openly declared jihad against the other and is a known terrorist organization. Really not a hard decision if you’re a reasonable and rational person. War sucks no matter what obviously but that should go without saying.

shit, by that logic i guess all americans are proud boys and white supremacists

you are a fucking idiot
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

theextrabanana

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2023, 05:23:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

shit, by that logic i guess all americans are proud boys and white supremacists

you are a fucking idiot

Bizarre response….I said nothing about Americans. Or even the actual populations in either region. There are good people everywhere. Lots of hateful people in this thread tho. see ya later ✌️

emotional_degloving

• Rep: 44
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2023, 05:33:24 PM »
Jenkem did a really good article a while back, an interview with Aram Sabbah, one of the dudes from SkatePal who lives in the West Bank. https://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2021/06/21/living-middle-palestinian-conflict-aram-sabbah/

Free Palestine. And if you're one of the cunts in this thread denying this genocide or flat out supporting israel, go straight to fucking hell.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2023, 05:51:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Go fuck yourself.

If you can seriously type out the words “free and democratic “ while that same country operates the world’s largest outdoor prison, where the citizens have almost zero right of movement and are kept in perpetual detention, go fuck yourself.

It’s not a democracy, when you keep a huge segment of the population like that. It’s a fucking joke in the eyes of the rest of the world.

It’s exactly this type of desperation justification that shows you’ve traded that big, beautiful brain you were gifted by god with for racist propaganda.

When people call you Nazis, this is exactly what it means. It doesn’t mean you believe the exact same details that the Nazis did, but you followed the same fanatical batshit racist justifications for suppressing another people.

You allow that insane logic that killing civilians en mass and driving everyone out of their homes is not genocide. Everyone can see that the goal is not Hamas, it’s the full takeover of Gaza for the Jewish state.

You have swallowed that same idiot logic that drove the Nazis to exterminate Jews. You allowed yourself to pretend that it’s ok to murder innocent people, because they somehow deserve it.

That’s why,

GO FUCK YOURSELF.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

theextrabanana

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2023, 06:14:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Go fuck yourself.

If you can seriously type out the words “free and democratic “ while that same country operates the world’s largest outdoor prison, where the citizens have almost zero right of movement and are kept in perpetual detention, go fuck yourself.

It’s not a democracy, when you keep a huge segment of the population like that. It’s a fucking joke in the eyes of the rest of the world.

It’s exactly this type of desperation justification that shows you’ve traded that big, beautiful brain you were gifted by god with for racist propaganda.

When people call you Nazis, this is exactly what it means. It doesn’t mean you believe the exact same details that the Nazis did, but you followed the same fanatical batshit racist justifications for suppressing another people.

You allow that insane logic that killing civilians en mass and driving everyone out of their homes is not genocide. Everyone can see that the goal is not Hamas, it’s the full takeover of Gaza for the Jewish state.

You have swallowed that same idiot logic that drove the Nazis to exterminate Jews. You allowed yourself to pretend that it’s ok to murder innocent people, because they somehow deserve it.

That’s why,

GO FUCK YOURSELF.

Never did or said any of that. You did. Making assumptions about strangers and name calling on the internet so you can feel right is not rational btw.

I made a single point that is vastly internationally recognized by most all diplomatic nations besides the likes of Russia, Iran and NK. You don’t seem mature enough for the discussion to be honest.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2023, 06:44:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Go fuck yourself.

That’s why,

GO FUCK YOURSELF.
[close]

Never did or said any of that. You did. Making assumptions about strangers and name calling on the internet so you can feel right is not rational btw.

I made a single point that is vastly internationally recognized by most all diplomatic nations besides the likes of Russia, Iran and NK. You don’t seem mature enough for the discussion to be honest.

The only reason you try to make Israel out to be reasonable (it’s not) and democratic (it’s not) is to defend its actions.

The slaughter is unjustifiable in any ‘reasonable’ and ‘mature’ standpoint. You already abandoned that, even though you pretend otherwise. I have no time for such weak attempts at rationalizing the mass bombardment of a civilization population for the acts of a few.

So for anyone attempting to justify or downplay this brutal slaughter, fuck you. You are morally repugnant.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

banksandledges

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 207
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2023, 06:51:47 PM »
Let’s do the math. Israel claims to have killed 60 Hammas operatives, while over 10,000 civilian Palestinians killed in the process. Please ban any of these clowns trying to troll and say that any of this is justified.

theextrabanana

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2023, 07:12:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Go fuck yourself.

That’s why,

GO FUCK YOURSELF.
[close]

[close]

The only reason you try to make Israel out to be reasonable (it’s not) and democratic (it’s not) is to defend its actions.

The slaughter is unjustifiable in any ‘reasonable’ and ‘mature’ standpoint. You already abandoned that, even though you pretend otherwise. I have no time for such weak attempts at rationalizing the mass bombardment of a civilization population for the acts of a few.

So for anyone attempting to justify or downplay this brutal slaughter, fuck you. You are morally repugnant.

Yikes. Go find where I co-signed any of Israels actions. I quite literally didn’t. But that’s ok you’re going to believe what you want about a stranger apparently.

Ignatius J Reilly

• Rep: 269
  • often correct
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2023, 08:13:04 PM »
guys i am begging you please stop engaging with these sock puppet sub-100 post anonymous accounts who clearly aren’t arguing in good faith

Mcidraque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2023, 08:30:11 PM »
Even my dumb ass knows it’s a genocide and it didn’t start on the 7th.

^^

sure, it is, and has been, an ongoing shitshow since mid XX century (1948 go research). A little "peace" somewhere between mid 90's until 2003-4ish that Israel started the wall etc. Sure since 9/11 the different yihadist groups around muslim countries have developed quite a lot but more often than not  (even in some countries where there are radicals running the countries) civilians for the most part aren't aligned with them, the  thing is they are big time radical-terrorist groups so it ain't easy for the regular citizen to do much in that regard.

so yes: what's going on (and has been going on for the most part since 1948) is a subtle genocide and, with these last attacks, rn it is a straigh cold genocide (go ask the UN for starters and keep on reading-schooling my pals).

Salud! (y Paz this time)