Author Topic: Berries of the Berries  (Read 8395 times)

buffalo hunter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 35
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Berries of the Berries
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2023, 02:06:05 PM »
Did some research. Lease is about $1.69 sq ft. $85000 a month.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2248
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2023, 02:54:32 PM »
Hey everybody, Xenu is the bad guy. He's not the Scientologist's god. Quite the opposite actually.

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 772
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2023, 03:55:00 PM »
Where did all there money go?

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Mike Mo's as much of a scab cunt as those two corny fucks.
[close]

Mike Mo kooked it When he started selling NFT Pokémon cards.
[close]

Dude kooked it super hard when he left all his Starbucks trash at the Courthouse when there were signs begging people to keep it clean as the City of LA was on the fence about allowing us to skate there long term.

I was over him from that day forward. Alec Beck worked hard for the Courthouse to become a no bust spot, it is a huge part of skate culture, and he put it at risk because he was too lazy to carry his trash back to the car.
Drinking Starbucks is on par with Crosley record players

nothing's been the since same

Troubadour26

• Rep: 77
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2023, 04:37:44 PM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Dude kooked it super hard when he left all his Starbucks trash at the Courthouse when there were signs begging people to keep it clean as the City of LA was on the fence about allowing us to skate there long term.

I was over him from that day forward. Alec Beck worked hard for the Courthouse to become a no bust spot, it is a huge part of skate culture, and he put it at risk because he was too lazy to carry his trash back to the car.
[close]

Leaving trash at a spot is one of my biggest pet peeves. I’m not above hating someone for it.

ggrimmedd

• Rep: 23
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2023, 02:16:37 AM »

Holy shit
:p

skating

• Rep: 1
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2023, 03:54:48 AM »

They should have started a Go Fund Me or patreon where you rent a square meter of the berrics for $2 a month and get a plaque to hang in your man cave next to your Powell Glow In The Dark boards

A Not At All Naughty Chemist

• Rep: 45
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2023, 04:00:22 AM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Are you talking about the people or the owners? Because they're not that bad relatively speaking.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2023, 04:22:28 AM by A Not At All Naughty Chemist »

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1074
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2023, 05:56:22 AM »
I can't believe they've never bought a warehouse.

Does anyone actually own their warehouse?

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2023, 06:36:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Are you talking about the people or the owners? Because they're not that bad relatively speaking.

https://thehardtimes.net/culture/tinder-date-abruptly-ends-after-woman-spots-crosley-turntable-in-mans-apartment/

Uh Oh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 364
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2023, 06:40:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

https://thehardtimes.net/culture/tinder-date-abruptly-ends-after-woman-spots-crosley-turntable-in-mans-apartment/

Elijah Berle has a Crosley record player.

A Not At All Naughty Chemist

• Rep: 45
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2023, 07:27:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Elijah Berle has a Crosley record player.

Point taken. The players are actually not as bad as they are memed out to be

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2023, 07:32:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
At the beginning of the BATB livestream Berra and Koston announced this would be the last BATB at the current park. Then they played a commercial selling pieces of concrete from the park when they demo it. Word is they can't afford the current space anymore and are looking to move somewhere they can afford. End of an era.
[close]

Koston and Berra in the running for KOTY with this one.  Tricking children into paying for absolute trash just seems like pretty predatory behavior.  I suppose Mike Mo is behind it as well, but those two seem just entirely without shame at this point.

Possibly even more wack than the blood splattered Gator boards Select Skateshop put out for Halloween.
[close]

how

i’d rather buy a piece of trash from the berrics than that board
[close]

Agreed, nothing is quite as tasteless by comparison, but I think from the standpoint of taking advantage of their audience, it’s nearly as tacky.
[close]

Is it not what every brand does ? Turning audience into customers ? 50 euros for a shirt or a hat you don't need is the same as selling a piece of the berrics. if some dumb cali skaters wants to own a piece of the berrics that's their problem.
[close]

Yeah for sure, but I guess to me it’s about the people who aren’t in California - who never got to skate this park, and are now paying for a cement scrap of these rich dudes’ sponsored hangout spot - just seemed super sad to me.  Viewed in sequence with all the other soulless cash grabs they’ve done over the years and lately, it feels like a new low.
[close]

Trying to convince your parents that you want to be an archeologue so they buy you some berrics cement crumb. then they get the package a look at with dreamy eyes thinking " Tyson Peterson foot was right here"
[close]
I’m not into collecting (or Berries), but wouldn’t a parallel be like sports fans getting a piece of an old stadium that was being torn down?
In that regard it makes sense to me, but again, blah blah blah whatevs.

Ive seen videos of kalis taking parts of love park to skate it at his park, that’s how id do it, but having a piece of concrete slab from a quarter pipe switch god skated just sounds dumb…i liked the berrics when it had buttery ass Monday’s and skate socks series it fell off for me when they did that nike sb stream for the skate tree app nike had

your_wifes_xanax

• Rep: 15
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2023, 08:36:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
At the beginning of the BATB livestream Berra and Koston announced this would be the last BATB at the current park. Then they played a commercial selling pieces of concrete from the park when they demo it. Word is they can't afford the current space anymore and are looking to move somewhere they can afford. End of an era.
[close]

Koston and Berra in the running for KOTY with this one.  Tricking children into paying for absolute trash just seems like pretty predatory behavior.  I suppose Mike Mo is behind it as well, but those two seem just entirely without shame at this point.

Possibly even more wack than the blood splattered Gator boards Select Skateshop put out for Halloween.
[close]

how

i’d rather buy a piece of trash from the berrics than that board
[close]

Agreed, nothing is quite as tasteless by comparison, but I think from the standpoint of taking advantage of their audience, it’s nearly as tacky.
[close]

Is it not what every brand does ? Turning audience into customers ? 50 euros for a shirt or a hat you don't need is the same as selling a piece of the berrics. if some dumb cali skaters wants to own a piece of the berrics that's their problem.
[close]

Yeah for sure, but I guess to me it’s about the people who aren’t in California - who never got to skate this park, and are now paying for a cement scrap of these rich dudes’ sponsored hangout spot - just seemed super sad to me.  Viewed in sequence with all the other soulless cash grabs they’ve done over the years and lately, it feels like a new low.
[close]

Trying to convince your parents that you want to be an archeologue so they buy you some berrics cement crumb. then they get the package a look at with dreamy eyes thinking " Tyson Peterson foot was right here"
[close]
I’m not into collecting (or Berries), but wouldn’t a parallel be like sports fans getting a piece of an old stadium that was being torn down?
In that regard it makes sense to me, but again, blah blah blah whatevs.
[close]

Ive seen videos of kalis taking parts of love park to skate it at his park, that’s how id do it, but having a piece of concrete slab from a quarter pipe switch god skated just sounds dumb…i liked the berrics when it had buttery ass Monday’s and skate socks series it fell off for me when they did that nike sb stream for the skate tree app nike had

Kalis stole stuff from Love park, the berrics are selling crumbs of concrete. Pretty lame move on the berrics imo, but nothing they do suprises me anymore

tkp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 519
    • shop lurker avatar image
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2023, 08:36:30 AM »
This is what $99.69 gets you:

https://store.abdcollectibles.com/products/berrics-memorabilia

My first thought is, how much is a bag of concrete mix? Looks like 60lb bags are going for $4.25 a piece. So if I account for taxes, that's 22 bags for under $100. Own a paperweight, or start a DIY, tough choice.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2023, 09:21:45 AM »
This is what $99.69 gets you:

https://store.abdcollectibles.com/products/berrics-memorabilia

My first thought is, how much is a bag of concrete mix? Looks like 60lb bags are going for $4.25 a piece. So if I account for taxes, that's 22 bags for under $100. Own a paperweight, or start a DIY, tough choice.

lol Why does it need to be encased?  its concrete...

lurkluke

• Rep: 176
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2023, 10:15:17 AM »
Feel like the appeal of concrete is being able to feel the concrete. It's a tangible, physical thing.

"Own a piece of concrete... no touching"

Cucked by Mike Mo.

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2023, 12:31:23 PM »
Mike Mo fucking sucks now.

Scammer, Elon Musk lover, this fool fell off hard.
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

Bread Harrity

• Rep: 243
« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2023, 01:17:23 PM »

You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become Mikey Taylor

Terminal

« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2023, 02:40:40 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become Mikey Taylor
Somebody, pls Gnar this.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1091
« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2023, 02:42:19 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

There are exactly zero people who could be considered to be children who will be purchasing a piece of the Berrics.

Buying one of these is absolutely idiotic, but no one is stealing their parents credit card to get one.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Tear Up a Trick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 110
« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2023, 03:17:48 PM »
maybe somebody could buy all the pieces and then rebuild it

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2210
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2023, 03:42:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Somebody, pls Gnar this.
I got you, fam.

maybe somebody could buy all the pieces and then rebuild it
Also gnar’d THIS^^^ because: BRILLIANT!

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 437
« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2023, 04:35:44 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Life is a tragic.

dill8849

• Rep: -41
« Reply #53 on: November 13, 2023, 06:05:17 PM »
This reminds me when they were selling "BATB' DC shoe boxes and pros would put random shit from their pockets, cars, etc. into the boxes. Ironically enough, they had a pipe burst and the park partially flooded and damaged a good chunk of those BATB boxes lol.

fuck_that_guy

• Rep: 300
« Reply #54 on: November 13, 2023, 06:55:04 PM »
fuck that guy

disgruntledMTAEmployee

• Rep: -447
« Reply #55 on: November 13, 2023, 07:30:30 PM »
This reminds me when they were selling "BATB' DC shoe boxes and pros would put random shit from their pockets, cars, etc. into the boxes. Ironically enough, they had a pipe burst and the park partially flooded and damaged a good chunk of those BATB boxes lol.
Wonder how lucky the recipient of chaz ortiz' candy felt.

Speaking of old berries videos, one of my favorites was when ellington and greco were first showcasing deathwish. distinctly remember the mini tf and greco brown bagging lunches saying he couldnt afford wonderbread.

In a very berries fashion, this video is nowhere to be found. somebody prove me wrong so i can rewatch it

https://theberrics.com/the-berrics-has-a-deathwish

There is this at least. i love all the warehouse and product shots.

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1432
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #56 on: February 03, 2024, 09:15:48 AM »
Oh snap, it's down for real

https://theberrics.com/

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1091
« Reply #57 on: February 03, 2024, 10:02:39 AM »
Damn, how bad are things when you can't even pay your Square Space bill?
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

SFblah

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 668
« Reply #58 on: February 03, 2024, 10:35:30 AM »
Do they really need a site to repost IG clips?

TrainWreck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -77
« Reply #59 on: February 03, 2024, 10:50:56 AM »
True or just a publicity stunt?