Author Topic: What skateboard related thoughts keep you up at night?  (Read 4318 times)

camel filters

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1248
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: What skateboard related thoughts keep you up at night?
« Reply #90 on: November 29, 2023, 02:16:53 PM »
i often think about the decline of crail. 

It's exactly what happens when you have a group of people who are "it" for a while, then later when things start changing you think you don't need to change at all too.  The crailtap website was the best when people would visit webpages daily, but they were slow...borderline stubborn about transitioning away from that.

It also blow my mind how shitty a TM Smyth is.  Also victim to resting on the laurels he thought were permanent.   Carlos Ribeiro, Lem Villemin, and there's a dude right now whose name is escaping me but is incredible, a spanish dude i think. 

Of course during this Smyth somehow thought "trunk boyz" were the wave of the future.
I mentioned this is the Bronzetimers video thread but I feel like Quasi is on track to do this. Not adding Nick Matthews, Mark Humienik, Keagan Mccutchen and others because not everyone approves seem a bit much. I remember the vans/quasi video with chad bowers where he says if it's not fun anymore he'll just fold quasi. Maybe that's why they are gatekeeping the team so hard. More power to them but it's sad knowing their cool guy status wont last forever and they will most likely just disappear.

Also, the PS stix quasi has used has not treated me well. Same with old crail wood. During the height of their powers, I was burned on so many crail decks just because I wanted to support them. It's soured me to the point where I don't even want to skate their newer stronger boards now that theyre struggling more than their hey day.

Board Sander

• Rep: -4
« Reply #91 on: November 29, 2023, 02:45:19 PM »
kastel footwear

vita shoes

when is smeone gonna reissue simples

Simples are reissued check their ig. I have a pair and they are very average.

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 206
« Reply #92 on: November 29, 2023, 04:31:47 PM »
Why does my setup rattle so much

disgruntledMTAEmployee

• Rep: -399
« Reply #93 on: November 29, 2023, 05:29:35 PM »

It's exactly what happens when you have a group of people who are "it" for a while, then later when things start changing you think you don't need to change at all too.  The crailtap website was the best when people would visit webpages daily, but they were slow...borderline stubborn about transitioning away from that.

It also blow my mind how shitty a TM Smyth is.  Also victim to resting on the laurels he thought were permanent.   Carlos Ribeiro, Lem Villemin, and there's a dude right now whose name is escaping me but is incredible, a spanish dude i think. 

Of course during this Smyth somehow thought "trunk boyz" were the wave of the future.

probably not who you're thinking of, but slap's current favorite skater (and one of mine as well) was in full crail gear 9 years ago.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9jahnjGDk4

I also remember zach saraceno riding girl boards when i first saw him in contests
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TuwLgvdiSs

my guess is that crail would give many of their prospects a lakai ultimatum and they'd bounce

Troubadour26

• Rep: 54
« Reply #94 on: November 29, 2023, 09:22:24 PM »
Why does everyone overlook spots in my town? There are clips to be had and we could create a video project to have and pass on to stoke the community for generations down the line.

Last night I was thinking of tricks to film if I were to have a video part. Total dream tricks. This year, Iíve probably skated like once every week and a half on average so itís been a long time since Iíve even considered tricks pretty well out of my current ability. It was a fun meditation.

I skated pretty well last year so it might not be too incredibly difficult to become comfortable again. It would mean a lot to have another learning curve at 27. I just feel like Iíve not really tried to push the envelope and learn new things for well over a decade so maybe itís possible.

Thereís no skatepark where I live and the longest we can keep a DIY going is typically for a few months before it gets shut down. Itís difficult to keep any momentum going but having a project to work on with friends again would be so rad.

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -597
  • who knows
« Reply #95 on: November 30, 2023, 04:35:10 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

probably not who you're thinking of, but slap's current favorite skater (and one of mine as well) was in full crail gear 9 years ago.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9jahnjGDk4

I also remember zach saraceno riding girl boards when i first saw him in contests
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TuwLgvdiSs

my guess is that crail would give many of their prospects a lakai ultimatum and they'd bounce

wow had no idea about those two, what a shame.  saraceno is one of the best and most sylish skaters in a while, of course Smyth wouldnt put him on a team
where is home?

Gallaz For Men

• Rep: 37
  • Nice Skate Shoes
« Reply #96 on: November 30, 2023, 10:07:46 AM »
This is really real for real:
When I really can't sleep. I like to imagine how sick it would be to have a dank youtube channel and all the funny videos I would make about my local skateparks and how i could be a old youtube skater and still keep it core without having to rely on hastags like #dadskater and how i would interview locals and do silly skits and it not be cringe bro. And right as I'm falling asleep i start brainstorming the best youtubes ever how I would feature only real motherfuckers not your usual youtube features. 
Then I slip into a sleep and stress-dream about work and upload a youtube short of a kickflip while i'm taking my morning poop.
I love you

work_lurker

• Rep: 54
  • I've never had a shaved head in my entire life
« Reply #97 on: November 30, 2023, 12:51:12 PM »
This is really real for real:
When I really can't sleep. I like to imagine how sick it would be to have a dank youtube channel and all the funny videos I would make about my local skateparks and how i could be a old youtube skater and still keep it core without having to rely on hastags like #dadskater and how i would interview locals and do silly skits and it not be cringe bro. And right as I'm falling asleep i start brainstorming the best youtubes ever how I would feature only real motherfuckers not your usual youtube features. 
Then I slip into a sleep and stress-dream about work and upload a youtube short of a kickflip while i'm taking my morning poop.

Hashtags aren't core? Oh #fuck.
Hopefully not a kook, but if so, fuck it.

Gallaz For Men

• Rep: 37
  • Nice Skate Shoes
« Reply #98 on: November 30, 2023, 03:30:13 PM »
i just mean like all i would need is a picture of me making a surprised face next to a quarterpipe and nothing else
I love you