Author Topic: Kader on anybody's trust, still?  (Read 29063 times)

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2251
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
Re: Kader on anybody's trust, still?
« Reply #120 on: November 30, 2023, 09:40:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Not saying Kader won't eventually go back to Baker but I see Strobeck trying to make it work for at least another couple years. I could see them maybe working out a deal with Bakerboys for distribution tho.

Side note: what is the deal with Violet not releasing his pro models? Are they so core that they refuse to do so without putting out a part to go with it? Seems like that alone could inject some money into the company.
[close]

because he's going back to baker, maybe?

these dudes all found success with supreme, good for them. id take those checks too.

maybe this is the new brand model - start something and do nothing with it. but i really dont see much interesting about violet, king, brick, hardies etc. - all funded by the past success of supreme. would love all to succeed, just are all kinda....there.

does violet outsell skatemental or thank you? probably not.
I suspect you may be right, but mightnít that be due to the fact that both Skate Mental & Thank You are constantly marked down for sales/discounts on websites of both online retailers & manus alike?
Violet still tryna fit into that needlessly over priced boutique niche w/ the higher retails & smaller proddy runs.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

RichardBarkley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -767
« Reply #121 on: November 30, 2023, 12:58:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Not saying Kader won't eventually go back to Baker but I see Strobeck trying to make it work for at least another couple years. I could see them maybe working out a deal with Bakerboys for distribution tho.

Side note: what is the deal with Violet not releasing his pro models? Are they so core that they refuse to do so without putting out a part to go with it? Seems like that alone could inject some money into the company.
[close]

these dudes all found success with supreme, good for them. id take those checks too.

maybe this is the new brand model - start something and do nothing with it. but i really dont see much interesting about violet, king, brick, hardies etc. - all funded by the past success of supreme. would love all to succeed, just are all kinda....there.

[close]
I suspect you may be right, but mightnít that be due to the fact that both Skate Mental & Thank You are constantly marked down for sales/discounts on websites of both online retailers & manus alike?
Violet still tryna fit into that needlessly over priced boutique niche w/ the higher retails & smaller proddy runs.

True another thing SM and TY and distributed and sold across the world. Discounted or not you can see people skating them everywhere.

Violet on the other hand. Are they available outside the US ?
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

No Wave Comply

• Rep: 142
  • Phantom of the Skatepark
« Reply #122 on: November 30, 2023, 01:33:44 PM »

I said this awhile back in the thread. It's super weird that Violent hasn't put out a Kader pro board; especially when TGip has one. They would sell like crazy, so it's a case of shooting themselves in the foot.
a grunt  a mudhog  a slimedog
a simple servant  a hired hand

ďCome in here dear boy, have a gnar, youíre gonna go far!Ē

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 108
« Reply #123 on: November 30, 2023, 01:40:36 PM »
I think it's funny Violet launched with these "limited to 25 pieces when they're gone they're gone" $400 hoodies and still haven't sold through them

https://violetstate.com/products/artist-edition-hoodie

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -767
« Reply #124 on: November 30, 2023, 01:45:51 PM »
I think it's funny Violet launched with these "limited to 25 pieces when they're gone they're gone" $400 hoodies and still haven't sold through them

Wow that is really saying something

I mean if they can't shift 25 hoodies. Expensive or not..

Kader out of there soon I bet.
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

work_lurker

• Rep: 97
  • I've never had a shaved head in my entire life
« Reply #125 on: November 30, 2023, 02:07:19 PM »

"At least they're not $800 :)"
Hopefully not a kook, but if so, fuck it.

theextrabanana

• Rep: -134
« Reply #126 on: November 30, 2023, 02:25:07 PM »
wow those hoodies look ridiculous. rather put 400 up for some used jim grecos trousers

Yakusoku2

• Rep: 45
« Reply #127 on: November 30, 2023, 06:01:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

True another thing SM and TY and distributed and sold across the world. Discounted or not you can see people skating them everywhere.

Violet on the other hand. Are they available outside the US ?

Iím buying Violet decks in Japan through a shop called ProvTokyo. They usually have a lot of Violet decks and clothes. Sometimes other shops in Japan have a couple of decks but theyíre not so common here. I hope Violet succeed because I really like skating that half black half purple deck.

addie pray

• Rep: -527
  • u a whole goofy
« Reply #128 on: November 30, 2023, 07:25:12 PM »
Expand Quote
this whole thread is criticizing a young black man's work ethic big dog
[close]

They are just criticizing the work ethic of a man. Black has nothing to do with it, you racist pos.

oh puh-leeze

this whole goofy forum is on some "id rather watch gino push" or "tom penny the legend" but the moment a dude darker than a paper bag is putting out footage at a rate you dont deem "acceptable" these 10+ page threads come out

you wish i was racist cause it would help square the stupid little circle in ur head, instead you're just another fried whitey "concerned" about a young black mans work ethic (im sorry, "trustworthiness")

Shtonk

• Rep: -437
« Reply #129 on: December 01, 2023, 12:51:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

They are just criticizing the work ethic of a man. Black has nothing to do with it, you racist pos.
[close]

oh puh-leeze

this whole goofy forum is on some "id rather watch gino push" or "tom penny the legend" but the moment a dude darker than a paper bag is putting out footage at a rate you dont deem "acceptable" these 10+ page threads come out

you wish i was racist cause it would help square the stupid little circle in ur head, instead you're just another fried whitey "concerned" about a young black mans work ethic (im sorry, "trustworthiness")

They close down skatetwitter already? What's up Kyle Beachy your writing sucks ass.

Dante Bichette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 51
  • 10th Prestige
« Reply #130 on: December 01, 2023, 01:03:47 AM »
on the spectrum image
Can someone explain in Fortnite terms?

Dog the Bounty Hunter

• Rep: 1
« Reply #131 on: December 01, 2023, 01:43:13 AM »
Kader owes
Icehead

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 501
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #132 on: December 01, 2023, 06:02:02 AM »
imagine paying anything for this flea market dog shit

mrselfdestruct

• Rep: 17
  • fresh
« Reply #133 on: December 01, 2023, 08:40:49 AM »
i dont think he has "fumbled" anything yet dude is still so young. he gon b fine.
Mrs Elf is a pretty cool name.

And Mrs Elf destructing is even cooler.

#switchgod

• Rep: -98
  • One love.
« Reply #134 on: December 01, 2023, 11:07:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

oh puh-leeze

Gino and Penny earned that. Kader hasnt accomplished anything yet. I stan Reemo and Lavar...because they earned it. Simple stuff.

Stimulation Patient

• Rep: 5
« Reply #135 on: December 01, 2023, 11:27:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

oh puh-leeze

Posts like this are not unique to people of color. Gino, Kevin Terp, Jake Johnson, Alex Olson, K-rod and so many more have been ragged on for not being productive. Sometimes there's legit reasons which are ignored and sometimes they're just lazy bones.

I don't doubt that some people's criticisms are laced with veiled prejudices, but let's not pretend that this all boils down to fried whities seeing an opportunity to pile on a young black man. 

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1309
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #136 on: December 01, 2023, 11:56:37 AM »
I will say Penny and Gino's primes happened before people had online forums to shit on people for not producing. I'm sure if message boards were widely available then, they would get shit for not doing much with their insane talent.

As for Kader, I still believe he will be inspired to buckle down and produce a defining part once his knee is 100%. I just hope his magnum opus is for Adidas or Baker if he goes back because Violet videos make me feel like Denzel Washington just made me smoke PCP while stopped in the middle of an LA intersection.

work_lurker

• Rep: 97
  • I've never had a shaved head in my entire life
« Reply #137 on: December 01, 2023, 04:57:13 PM »
I will say Penny and Gino's primes happened before people had online forums to shit on people for not producing. I'm sure if message boards were widely available then, they would get shit for not doing much with their insane talent.

As for Kader, I still believe he will be inspired to buckle down and produce a defining part once his knee is 100%. I just hope his magnum opus is for Adidas or Baker if he goes back because Violet videos make me feel like Denzel Washington just made me smoke PCP while stopped in the middle of an LA intersection.

The amount of fear and anxiety that hypothetical invoked. Is that from a movie, or do you need to call Quentin Tarantino right now?
Hopefully not a kook, but if so, fuck it.

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 172
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #138 on: December 01, 2023, 06:04:29 PM »
From training day

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1309
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #139 on: December 01, 2023, 06:51:35 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

The amount of fear and anxiety that hypothetical invoked. Is that from a movie, or do you need to call Quentin Tarantino right now?
Clicking on a Violet video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvSQzhOhDO8

Watching the Violet video you clicked on:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzB03c6Dc10

DirtyCheddarKids

• Rep: 43
« Reply #140 on: December 02, 2023, 03:23:50 AM »
Violet just using Champion hoodies to have kids draw on and then sell for 400 bucks is funny as fuck though, letís be honest. I'm surprised they managed to sell so many of them though (if they actually did).
Quote from: Uncle Flea
4 shoes is impressive AF. I could barely sell drugs.

Banned from the room

« Reply #141 on: December 02, 2023, 10:18:38 AM »
That post sucked. So it's gone. It wasn't genuine me

I would like to see Violet last a hundred years

They need to put a heavier Violet filter on that footage tho.

Slow mo. Light trails etc.

Fakie backsideflip

• Rep: -3
« Reply #142 on: December 11, 2023, 10:23:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

grown ass man child fucking with a blue color worker for doing his job. clown
[close]

Arenít you a skateboarder ? Why are you boot licking lol
[close]

Cause skateboarding just means fuck human decency right? Hellride or something.
[close]
Bill can get smacked. Mans' just trying to do his bullshit job, and he's gotta deal with some super entitled 40 year old NAMBLA homey filming someone riding a stupid wooden toy.

I literally donít get when skateboarders turned into this type of wimps ? that were supposed to cower and walk away from anyone kicking you out of a spot to show them respect hahaha itís one thing if it where like in his home property buts itís not you can literally counter that bill is just doing his job too it literally sounds like a personal matter of you just not liking bill . I donít care for him either but itís sound so dumb to see skater say ď you need to respect that man when heís kicking out of a spot , heís doing his jobĒ
« Last Edit: December 11, 2023, 11:10:00 PM by Fakie backsideflip »

Shtonk

• Rep: -437
« Reply #143 on: December 12, 2023, 05:50:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

grown ass man child fucking with a blue color worker for doing his job. clown
[close]

Arenít you a skateboarder ? Why are you boot licking lol
[close]

Cause skateboarding just means fuck human decency right? Hellride or something.
[close]
Bill can get smacked. Mans' just trying to do his bullshit job, and he's gotta deal with some super entitled 40 year old NAMBLA homey filming someone riding a stupid wooden toy.
[close]

I literally donít get when skateboarders turned into this type of wimps ? that were supposed to cower and walk away from anyone kicking you out of a spot to show them respect hahaha itís one thing if it where like in his home property buts itís not you can literally counter that bill is just doing his job too it literally sounds like a personal matter of you just not liking bill . I donít care for him either but itís sound so dumb to see skater say ď you need to respect that man when heís kicking out of a spot , heís doing his jobĒ

Look son, another capitalist slave too blind to see his own prison.

breezy_again

• Rep: 56
  • Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation
« Reply #144 on: December 12, 2023, 05:52:20 AM »
i'm not fortunate enough to have a trust

SaySo

• Rep: 113
  • "Yellow buttercup. Helicopters. Orange buttercat."
« Reply #145 on: December 12, 2023, 08:11:53 AM »
Expand Quote
I can trust Kader as far as I can throw him. Which might be pretty far, Iíve been doing push-ups and he seems little.
[close]

With your bad knee Doom Station you shouldnít be throwing anybody.

... it's true."
"I've got a friend of polar nature, and it's all peace. You and I seek similar stars, but can't sit at the same feast."

"Not every pony grows up to be a Pegasus."

"There's smoke in my iris, but I painted a sunny day on the insides of my eyelids."

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 685
  • Free Max B
« Reply #146 on: December 12, 2023, 10:25:52 AM »
Fuck it if that half purple and black board came in 875 and wasnít a rectangle id drive it

Kader on Violet for now then back to baker like TK and element. Not the Bosses first rodeo, kader probably asked for more bread. Last dude that asked for more bread was Leo Romero. That one baker video he was in was definitely tight tho.
weird that kaders board/ an official announcement hasnít been made even tho itís been months. What do I know tho

Free max b
FREE MAX B

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2251
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #147 on: December 12, 2023, 10:27:19 AM »
i'm not fortunate enough to have a trust
I can semi-relate: Iím not trustworthy enough to have a fortune.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

No Wave Comply

• Phantom of the Skatepark
« Reply #148 on: December 19, 2023, 10:44:59 AM »
Looks like they finally coughed up a Kader pro board graphic. Definitely not for me, but what do y'all think... fried or fyah breh??

a grunt  a mudhog  a slimedog
a simple servant  a hired hand

ďCome in here dear boy, have a gnar, youíre gonna go far!Ē

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #149 on: December 19, 2023, 10:45:36 AM »
Looks like they finally coughed up a Kader pro board graphic. Definitely not for me, but what do y'all think... fried or fyah breh??

that can't be real.