Author Topic: April Skateboards "Turbo Green"  (Read 5683 times)

DannyDee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
Re: April Skateboards "Turbo Green"
« Reply #60 on: November 21, 2023, 03:16:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Dashawn’s Fakie Bennett grind was so sick. tall rail, too! Can’t believe people in here are actually calling it a Willy grind.. weirdo’s
[close]

in what fucking world is that a Bennett grind? the whole god damn premise of a Bennett grind is doing a back 180 into the switch back smith.
[close]

Probably easier than doing a true Bennett but it is a Fakie Ollie into a Bennett grind
[close]

Is a sw back smith a switch ollie into a Bennet grind?
[close]

That’s like saying a switch 5-0 isn’t the same grind as a Fakie Nosegrind. it’s because of Fakie that the change happens.
And a Bennett grind is called a Bennett grind because of the back 180. A trick being fakie doesn't remove the need for it to have a bs 180 (or in this case bs half-cab).

one-off

• Rep: 108
« Reply #61 on: November 21, 2023, 04:25:24 PM »
There should be bands of children cheering for everything Noah does

Yonnycage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #62 on: November 21, 2023, 05:18:40 PM »
Fakie ollie switch back nollie frontside willy smith grind to regular was sick

slapshakle

• Rep: 17
« Reply #63 on: November 21, 2023, 05:43:03 PM »
Shane out there skating like Pokimane is watching.

Lovely stuff.

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 353
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #64 on: November 21, 2023, 05:56:06 PM »
I hope this argument about what that trick is called keeps going.

i'm still nto fully convinced austyns trick at LA high banks wasn't a fakie flip, but i'm also a moron

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1267
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #65 on: November 21, 2023, 06:02:30 PM »
Expand Quote
I hope this argument about what that trick is called keeps going.
[close]

i'm still nto fully convinced austyns trick at LA high banks wasn't a fakie flip, but i'm also a moron
well, if it were regular it would’ve been a frontside kickflip. I think it’s a fakie front side kickflip

disgruntledMTAEmployee

• Rep: -472
« Reply #66 on: November 21, 2023, 06:33:17 PM »
i too, would like to know what everyone on this forum thinks of the clip where the person who is named Dashawn Jordan performs a skateboard maneuver in which he rides fakie up to a handrail (likely somewhere within the southern california area, very popular with skateboarders who enjoy its favorable weather all-year round) with his back towards the rail, pops his tail in order to propel himself in an upward motion in an effort to get onto said rail, puts the truck that he lifted into the air first onto said rail, creating friction that he hopes will not be enough to toss his body into the concrete, in fact he hopes that there will be very little friction, to execute a "grind" maneuver, in which this "grind" continues all the way down the length of the rail, until there is no more rail to grind, and he gracefully maintains contact with the skateboard (the thing with four wheels) under him as he falls back to the ground, and rolls away in a visually satisfying display of athleticism.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 875
« Reply #67 on: November 21, 2023, 06:52:08 PM »
It's a fakie willy aka the dildo grind/dilly grind. Maybe dashawn can make it his own and take it out of the fat kid trick category.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #68 on: November 21, 2023, 07:05:18 PM »
fakie ollie switch back smith is the THPS nomenclature
Pretty sure this is just what the trick is called and some people in here are calling it willy to try take away from the fact that it was proper dipped and everything
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #69 on: November 21, 2023, 07:11:56 PM »
Expand Quote
fakie ollie switch back smith is the THPS nomenclature
[close]
Pretty sure this is just what the trick is called and some people in here are calling it willy to try take away from the fact that it was proper dipped and everything
No it's just a willy grind while going in reverse so fakie willy grind. It's what people have called it since the early 90s. No one's trying to take anything away from dashawn but it's just surprising to see a dork trick done legit.

double fakie ollie grind

• Rep: 4
« Reply #70 on: November 21, 2023, 07:59:29 PM »
Reading this thread is funny bc I literally did not even register the fakie willy/back smith

Great lil vid. The back three and Dashawn’s ender were both crazy. Keep the Noah footy coming plz

wiggitywiggity

• Rep: 25
  • You Don't Gnome Me Man!
« Reply #71 on: November 21, 2023, 08:03:36 PM »
Enjoyed the hell out of this! The 4:3 fisheye filming was spot on, just wish they masked out the blue hue HD fisheyes tend to give off these days.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2023, 08:13:00 PM by wiggitywiggity »

prisoner223

« Reply #72 on: November 21, 2023, 08:07:22 PM »
i too, would like to know what everyone on this forum thinks of the clip where the person who is named Dashawn Jordan performs a skateboard maneuver in which he rides fakie up to a handrail (likely somewhere within the southern california area, very popular with skateboarders who enjoy its favorable weather all-year round) with his back towards the rail, pops his tail in order to propel himself in an upward motion in an effort to get onto said rail, puts the truck that he lifted into the air first onto said rail, creating friction that he hopes will not be enough to toss his body into the concrete, in fact he hopes that there will be very little friction, to execute a "grind" maneuver, in which this "grind" continues all the way down the length of the rail, until there is no more rail to grind, and he gracefully maintains contact with the skateboard (the thing with four wheels) under him as he falls back to the ground, and rolls away in a visually satisfying display of athleticism.
Funny.

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 458
« Reply #73 on: November 21, 2023, 08:57:48 PM »
Great vid. Noah is rising up, Shane is untouchable, and Guy is immortal.

Sangriawaterfall

• Rep: 34
« Reply #74 on: November 21, 2023, 09:18:25 PM »
I hope Dashawn does a fakie bagladly or fakie lossi in his next part

ApesPissed

• Rep: 60
« Reply #75 on: November 21, 2023, 10:25:04 PM »
Wowwweeeeeeeee. Everything. Noah nayef, rayssa, Dashawn.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -510
« Reply #76 on: November 22, 2023, 12:22:57 AM »
The music choices in all of Shane’s recent ig clips and the April edits has been so good.

All of this was great. Got me really wanting Shane and guys parts to be like a split promo vid. Shane upgrading his pants game the last few years has made his style so good.

This is clearly an edit for the Nike Dunk but April uploaded and the video doesn’t even have a link to snkrs app or Nike or anything. Interesting marketing move. Maybe Nike knows no one is getting dunks retail anyway and just let April handle the footage for the promo.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Sick_McCrank_

• Rep: -490
« Reply #77 on: November 22, 2023, 12:36:11 AM »
Never understood the appeal of the brand but the team is stacked. Great skating all the way around.

It’s kinda pure. Fantastic team, good vids, bland brand. Id rather fuck with this than these edgy lifestyle brands like supreme, fa etc.
April is about skateboarding and not the cool guy scene. I like.
Trendwatch 2022: kooking Sick_McCrank_ everyday for being a kook

Arto!Arto!WakeUp!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
« Reply #78 on: November 22, 2023, 01:52:38 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Funny.

just finished the pale king on audiobook and this gave me flashbacks.

quite want to read dfw narrating a darshawn contest run now...

hot_key_93

• Rep: 12
« Reply #79 on: November 22, 2023, 02:25:17 AM »
I think that's the best back 360 I've ever seen. Up there with Cobra Cole down Wallenberg, or Heaths megaramp jump.

Arto!Arto!WakeUp!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #80 on: November 22, 2023, 05:00:16 AM »
is that teal and white dunk an april collab?

everybody had clips in that same shoe.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 505
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #81 on: November 22, 2023, 05:01:45 AM »
Shit that was pretty dang good, legit team.  Didn't know Guy was on, he still rips.  Shane has the worst shirts. Who was that guy with the huge head? 

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 407
« Reply #82 on: November 22, 2023, 05:25:22 AM »
Guy is still incredible. It seems like he only got better with age ...

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #83 on: November 22, 2023, 06:04:13 AM »
I think that's the best back 360 I've ever seen. Up there with Cobra Cole down Wallenberg, or Heaths megaramp jump.
Agree but Chima down that big double set in Australia needs to be mentioned as well.

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • Die Hard. www.casualskateshop.com.br
« Reply #84 on: November 22, 2023, 06:45:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Dashawn’s Fakie Bennett grind was so sick. tall rail, too! Can’t believe people in here are actually calling it a Willy grind.. weirdo’s
[close]

in what fucking world is that a Bennett grind? the whole god damn premise of a Bennett grind is doing a back 180 into the switch back smith.
[close]

Probably easier than doing a true Bennett but it is a Fakie Ollie into a Bennett grind
Normally I enjoy your posts, but this is one of the most wrong takes I've seen here. As Coldbrew said, to be a Bennett grind you need to bs 180 in the obstacle you want to grind. Are you also saying that if he had done it frontside it would be a fakie Barley grind?

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #85 on: November 22, 2023, 07:22:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
Normally I enjoy your posts, but this is one of the most wrong takes I've seen here. As Coldbrew said, to be a Bennett grind you need to bs 180 in the obstacle you want to grind. Are you also saying that if he had done it frontside it would be a fakie Barley grind?
The fakie hurricane precedent could make naming tricks like that not completely wrong but I'd still think it would be better to just not automatically take "willy" as an insult

Rockin Robbin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 430
« Reply #86 on: November 22, 2023, 08:01:54 AM »
First female kf back lip?

Damn those shoes are ugly.
"Bake me a pie of love" - Steve Winwood

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1390
« Reply #87 on: November 22, 2023, 08:27:08 AM »
It's a switch nollie backside smith grind. World Skate, the governing body for all Sports performed on skating wheels, has decreed that due to widespread confusion as well as distaste stemming from Cab's thirstiness, any "fakie"-related nomenclature will be erased from skating wheel sports. What was previously known as "fakie" will now be known as "switch nollie" for any and all trick names and resulting combinations.

World Skate has gone on to say that they look forward to this new age of understandable, logical trick names, and that it is long overdue.  

Arto!Arto!WakeUp!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #88 on: November 22, 2023, 09:34:12 AM »
It's a switch nollie backside smith grind. World Skate, the governing body for all Sports performed on skating wheels, has decreed that due to widespread confusion as well as distaste stemming from Cab's thirstiness, any "fakie"-related nomenclature will be erased from skating wheel sports. What was previously known as "fakie" will now be known as "switch nollie" for any and all trick names and resulting combinations.

World Skate has gone on to say that they look forward to this new age of understandable, logical trick names, and that it is long overdue. 

fakie news

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -625
  • who knows
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #89 on: November 22, 2023, 09:35:00 AM »
Switch Fakie bennet willie smiths aside,

Rewatched, dashawns roll away on that switch kf down the long ass double set is legitimately insane.  Wow
where is home?