Author Topic: Dc shoes of Authentic?  (Read 22499 times)

DannyDee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
Re: Dc shoes of Authentic?
« Reply #90 on: February 06, 2024, 01:09:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
might be a massive mistake, not sure how the locals will feel about that. Feels like a reverse Rumpelstiltskin, spinning gold into straw. About to let Nike just end up taking Philly.
[close]

I feel like Philly would more likely go to Asics or Converse before Nike, simply because of the Joey Marrone and Brian ODwyer connections
[close]

Nah, Superstars and Forums.
[close]

Correct- superstars and forums already heavy there for those who outgrow DC or dont skate for them.  People have been skating Adidas there forever
[close]

Anyone who's seen the Sabotage videos knows this. I feel like it was all DC and Adidas for a while in Philly.
[close]
weird to think no one in philly was getting on the Nike program especially cause Ishod was there for so long before moving to LA. feel like around the same time there werent any big Nike pros, besides maybe A.O., living here in NYC but everyone was starting to rock Blazers and other Nike shoes
Nike had a fair amount of representation in NY. Gino lived there, I believe Stefan and BA did at points. Cyrus was fully on, and they hooked up Max Palmer and Andrew Wilson just off the top of my head even if they weren't officially on (but they still appeared in videos). Early on they hooked up guys like Supa.

Fishhb

• Rep: 14
« Reply #91 on: February 06, 2024, 02:05:18 PM »
Authentic went and offered many of there athletes 10% of there original contract and just canceled a few other there not cleaning up there teams there try to show roi to shareholders Remember, this is the same company that owns Thomasville furniture and David Beckham clothing they don’t give a shit about the skate or surf industry

Tireeedd

• Rep: 86
« Reply #92 on: February 06, 2024, 06:21:31 PM »
Authentic went and offered many of there athletes 10% of there original contract and just canceled a few other there not cleaning up there teams there try to show roi to shareholders Remember, this is the same company that owns Thomasville furniture and David Beckham clothing they don’t give a shit about the skate or surf industry

well damn

hayduke lives

• Rep: 47
« Reply #93 on: February 06, 2024, 08:06:53 PM »
Despite what the skate culture has done for DC and what DC has done for skate cultures where the team is nowadays is just complete happenstance……it’s a blip in their marketing.  It’s airwalk at this point
exactly. they also have vision street wear and apparently they own and plan to reboot jimmy'z too. who's ready for velcro waistbands and berets?

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2254
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #94 on: February 06, 2024, 11:09:09 PM »
…who's ready for velcro waistbands and berets?
Hello…
Yoo-Hoo!!!

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2254
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #95 on: February 06, 2024, 11:44:00 PM »
…who's ready for velcro waistbands and berets?
Seriously though, the real answer is that NKA dood.
He’s been patiently awaiting the return of the “easy in, easy out” waist band for nearly four decades & everybody knows that nothing looks better sitting atop a well oiled pony tail than a Velcro-closure beret. Now is his time: the hour of the Nigel is upon us!  Repent!!!

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

sk84fun

• Rep: -42
« Reply #96 on: February 07, 2024, 12:14:59 AM »
Oh god DC!!! Who knows!!!! Who cares!!!!!

People really still care!!!?? Shit is shocking!!! Y’all virgins way behind!

sk84fun

• Rep: -42
« Reply #97 on: February 07, 2024, 12:36:01 AM »
Woah!!!! People are discussing others waist bands these days…wtf am I reading??? Shit is truly bizarre yet fascinating. I missed slap

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 745
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #98 on: February 07, 2024, 03:00:43 AM »
So you’re saying don’t make a waistband tier list video
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

thehogsniper

• Rep: 45
« Reply #99 on: February 07, 2024, 07:33:06 AM »
Musta been a snow day at school

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -224
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #100 on: February 07, 2024, 08:28:45 AM »
All this nostalgia for puffy DC’s, and people forget how many hot pockets those shoes contributed to in the late 90’s-early 00’s.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 871
« Reply #101 on: February 07, 2024, 10:24:39 AM »
All this nostalgia for puffy DC’s, and people forget how many hot pockets those shoes contributed to in the late 90’s-early 00’s.
Now the 40 year Olds buying the puffy DC's are some of the biggest contributors to hot pockets. Circle of life 

Shesty

• Rep: -8
« Reply #102 on: February 08, 2024, 04:43:53 AM »
Anyone have some insider info from skateshops/distributions/ dc employees? As I've seen latest IG post with court graffik yesterday, I'm starting to worry that some predictions from this thread may really come true

Ghost Face

• Rep: 113
« Reply #103 on: February 08, 2024, 05:06:53 AM »
Damon in the comments!!
Jerrys Kid : "I work at my real job like I'm a pro skater. Years of work can be summarized to about 3 minutes worth of actual achievements."

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
« Reply #104 on: February 08, 2024, 08:01:35 AM »
Damon in the comments!!

is this not exactly the type of thing DC has been putting out for the last like 20 years though?

thehogsniper

• Rep: 45
« Reply #105 on: February 08, 2024, 08:21:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Damon in the comments!!
[close]

is this not exactly the type of thing DC has been putting out for the last like 20 years though?
Backbone of DC in the last several years has been reissues of styles during the peak of their success. Clocker, Kalis OG, Truth, Williams, Lynx OG, ect to name just a few. They were pivoting towards those reissues being the core of their skate offerings before they got acquired.

Southernmost

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 136
« Reply #106 on: February 08, 2024, 09:28:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Damon in the comments!!
[close]

Exactly. This is nothing new. Also this is DC Shoes main IG account. They don’t post shit like that on the DC Skateboarding page. I could see where he’s coming from if they posted the mall shoes on the skate page. They also just posted a Kalynx on both pages.

KrisJolson

« Reply #107 on: February 08, 2024, 09:32:19 AM »
that shoe has been a classic at the mall food court for the last 2 decades

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 375
« Reply #108 on: February 08, 2024, 09:54:55 AM »
Anyone have some insider info from skateshops/distributions/ dc employees? As I've seen latest IG post with court graffik yesterday, I'm starting to worry that some predictions from this thread may really come true

DC is basically cutting their entire in-house staff on March 1st including designers and anyone who really had any say in the brand's direction - that's all supposed to shift to their licensee BBC international in florida (same company that licenses Heelys, Champion, etc.). It's also been said that the company that bought DC & Boardriders that they were looking to clip teams for most brands to just 1-2 people, and that they don't believe in royalties. Most dudes that are still on the team without signature models like Bilyeu are just pro flow due to this change. I'd expect that they'll keep Shanahan, Lucien, and Kalis for now since they all have pro models in 2024. Expect brand direction to shift drastically after the spring 25 line since that's the last line the DC staff will have worked on.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1590
« Reply #109 on: February 08, 2024, 09:58:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Damon in the comments!!
[close]

[close]
Backbone of DC in the last several years has been reissues of styles during the peak of their success. Clocker, Kalis OG, Truth, Williams, Lynx OG, ect to name just a few. They were pivoting towards those reissues being the core of their skate offerings before they got acquired.

I’d love to see the numbers which support this…..my money is on the Graffik all day is the highest selling shoe….. whether we like it or not…..I love the re-issues, I love the Philly edits…..I don’t buy shit….

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2277
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #110 on: February 08, 2024, 11:15:01 AM »
No chance reissues make up even close to the majority of DC's sales. Garbage like this is the backbone:

Our store hasn't carried DC in over five years and we had flat brimmed flexfit wearers calling the shop asking for these things. In fact we get people calling the shop fairly regularly looking for DC and I can tell you this much: They ain't looking for Lynx and Clockers.

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
« Reply #111 on: February 08, 2024, 03:53:17 PM »
And I won’t stop calling until you get these back in stock  >:(

Fr tho I’m tempted to buy a pair of Mantecas to see if they’re as good as I remember them being.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2277
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #112 on: February 08, 2024, 04:05:11 PM »
Ooooh yeah those ones were sick. Had the grey/navy and my friend had the brown and they were so dope ahaha.

Maybe the last good DC shoe?

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -224
« Reply #113 on: February 08, 2024, 04:08:01 PM »
Ooooh yeah those ones were sick. Had the grey/navy and my friend had the brown and they were so dope ahaha.

Wenning’s shoe imo

2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
« Reply #114 on: February 08, 2024, 08:09:48 PM »
The dc website just updated their site with the new Kalynx shoe.

Ghost Face

• Rep: 113
« Reply #115 on: February 08, 2024, 08:24:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Damon in the comments!!
[close]

I think that shoe's changed. Unless that's a kids size the toe box looks too short and the upper looks too high. Doesn't look like a standard CG?
Jerrys Kid : "I work at my real job like I'm a pro skater. Years of work can be summarized to about 3 minutes worth of actual achievements."

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 871
« Reply #116 on: February 08, 2024, 08:45:45 PM »

Funny you could get the actual Nike air trainers that these were based on for cheaper than the DC at the time. I actually think the mike mo and cole lite were the best shoes DC ever made but with how lame those guys are now I have no problem if people pretend they never existed.

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
« Reply #117 on: February 09, 2024, 05:25:57 AM »
Just when I finally was able to get my first pair of OG Lynx's and realize how good they feel to skate (for me) DC is about to shit the bed

Welp back to SB Dunks it will be I guess

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1115
« Reply #118 on: February 09, 2024, 05:48:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Damon in the comments!!
[close]

[close]
[close]

I’d love to see the numbers which support this…..my money is on the Graffik all day is the highest selling shoe….. whether we like it or not…..I love the re-issues, I love the Philly edits…..I don’t buy shit….

Nah, DC has always had courts, stags, and versatile in production. Currently big dumb “classic” shoes on trend. DC was kind of ahead of the game with the Stevie and legacy, but now kids want the trash. The courts graffik are back in style. DC is doing the right thing financially by embracing this weird 2000s era fad.

Edit: Zumiez landing page is currently a giant DC court ad with a link that says "shop 90s skate shoes" which then takes you to a page with shoes and brands that did not exist in the 90s

Doesn’t mean it’s okay to neglect their core skate roots
« Last Edit: February 09, 2024, 07:05:12 AM by TwisT »

Shrinedescender

• Rep: 151
« Reply #119 on: February 09, 2024, 07:58:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Damon in the comments!!
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
Zumiez landing page is currently a giant DC court ad with a link that says "shop 90s skate shoes" which then takes you to a page with shoes and brands that did not exist in the 90s

Had to see this for myself and it's really bad