Author Topic: Marc Johnson, “Business” person  (Read 30267 times)

Mystical Leader

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -134
Re: Marc Johnson, “Business” person
« Reply #270 on: January 14, 2024, 01:23:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Gotta say cracked out carrol skating sketchy at emb and somehow this guy came the style lord some of you cream over…
[close]

Ar enough saying that Carroll achieving god status against all odds is incredible or that people who hold his skating in high esteem are idiots?
[close]

Both. I’m stoked for mc and not stoked for the idiots who idolise him.. MC on false gods..
[close]

You’re playing 4-D chess and I’m simply struggling to figure out what game we’re playing.

I think we’re are on the same board. Are you more of a horsey or a bishop in disguise?

Coldpizza

• Rep: 166
« Reply #271 on: January 14, 2024, 01:42:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Burgers are better than pizza.
[close]

Username does NOT check out.

Haha, I just wanted to get in on the insane hot take convo
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Old SadFat

• Rep: 2
« Reply #272 on: January 14, 2024, 02:56:26 PM »
Was this the totally not unhinged discussion about whether MJ or MC had the better Transworld Modus Operandi part?

I personally favour Marc Carroll because Kurupt is objectivally better than whiny college rockers Built to Spill but if you swap the songs around I think I prefer Mike Johnson's spot selection. On the other hand the steez on his rail work always seemed a bit too snowboardy and he talks a lot more bollocks in the intro. Tough decision but Cardiel's part from Sight Unseen is the best.     

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1128
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #273 on: January 14, 2024, 03:20:17 PM »
Was this the totally not unhinged discussion about whether MJ or MC had the better Transworld Modus Operandi part?

I personally favour Marc Carroll because Kurupt is objectivally better than whiny college rockers Built to Spill but if you swap the songs around I think I prefer Mike Johnson's spot selection. On the other hand the steez on his rail work always seemed a bit too snowboardy and he talks a lot more bollocks in the intro. Tough decision but Cardiel's part from Sight Unseen is the best.   

Ok now do yeah right

Old SadFat

• Rep: 2
« Reply #274 on: January 14, 2024, 03:41:17 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Ok now do yeah right

No no no I don't watch any video part made after 2002 because I find them assinine. I'm like that other dude earlier in the thread but in reverse.

stephop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -380
« Reply #275 on: January 14, 2024, 04:09:35 PM »
MJ Pretty Sweet part Def better than Carroll's...

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3334
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #276 on: January 14, 2024, 04:26:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Gotta say cracked out carrol skating sketchy at emb and somehow this guy came the style lord some of you cream over…
[close]

Ar enough saying that Carroll achieving god status against all odds is incredible or that people who hold his skating in high esteem are idiots?
[close]

Both. I’m stoked for mc and not stoked for the idiots who idolise him.. MC on false gods..
[close]

You’re playing 4-D chess and I’m simply struggling to figure out what game we’re playing.
[close]

I think we’re are on the same board. Are you more of a horsey or a bishop in disguise?

I’m a queen for obvious reasons.

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #277 on: January 19, 2024, 06:22:14 PM »
In the immortal words of @Freelancevagrant mike Carroll reminds me of my brother in law, whom I do NOT respect

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #278 on: January 19, 2024, 11:11:55 PM »
Mike in Modus
Marc in Yeah Right
Mike in Fully Flared
Marc in Pretty Sweet

Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #279 on: April 04, 2024, 10:03:01 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/business.and.company/p/C5RO22ApVRa/

Looks like Marc is going back to the well. The website got shut down (?) so he’s trying to take orders via Instagram DM. How much cash can he raise this time by taking money and never shipping orders…

miff

• Rep: -7
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #280 on: April 04, 2024, 11:36:08 AM »
This was some months back when he was selling prints and T's... but I got my shipment.

turdtastic

• Rep: 55
« Reply #281 on: April 04, 2024, 11:58:06 AM »
I got my bloard with personalized handwritten notes on the box, which I will continue to save…

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #282 on: April 04, 2024, 12:06:41 PM »

Looks like Marc is going back to the well. The website got shut down (?) so he’s trying to take orders via Instagram DM. How much cash can he raise this time by taking money and never shipping orders…

I did a little research on the domain after reading through these threads. Seems like a lot of legal disputes/complaints were filed against the site - most likely having to do with orders not being filled and people not being refunded.

What makes it more strange is that it's not that hard or expensive to set up new hosting, buy a new domain, etc... I'm curious why he doesn't just create a new site with a different domain. Definitely being a sketch lord. 

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 795
« Reply #283 on: April 04, 2024, 12:35:19 PM »
Starting to worry we’re gonna see an MJ thread pinned to the top of the board soon  :'(
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #284 on: April 04, 2024, 12:50:07 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I did a little research on the domain after reading through these threads. Seems like a lot of legal disputes/complaints were filed against the site - most likely having to do with orders not being filled and people not being refunded.

What makes it more strange is that it's not that hard or expensive to set up new hosting, buy a new domain, etc... I'm curious why he doesn't just create a new site with a different domain. Definitely being a sketch lord.

Well he immediately shut down comments on the instagram post because all the comments were people who never received their orders and never got refunds...

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 966
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #285 on: April 04, 2024, 01:54:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
what did MJ innovate over the last two decades? being kind of insufferable in interviews, faking your style, and padding out a part with dumb combo tricks?

edit: just to clarify MJ is super talented and has put out several parts i really enjoy but i have no idea how you could call him more innovative than one of the guys who helped shape modern street skateboarding and whose impact we're still feeling three decades on

[close]

Well, seeing that way more people could do this part in its entirety (or any MC part for that matter) than people could recreate an MJ part, I’d say MJ is objectively better.

You put MJ in this part of the world at this time, and he progresses faster and farther too, but that’s my subjective opinion.

This part is unwatchable in 2024, please stop posting it as a positive.
[close]

What kind of fucking moron are you?

I gotta disagree. This is the part that brought punk back into the mainstream of skatan.

It was unavoidable as the beastie boys was injecting punk into every corner of the arts and with this track they was just showing their roots.
They hadn't even deviated from the spirit in my opinion.

Look at that first tour. It was fuckin Madonna the Beastie Boys and fuckin prime time Jimmy G with the best Murphy's law line up.

Idky mike chose the tune but I assume that that he liked the song but didn't know it was like an important song to the hardcore punk movement.

Especially out here. I used it to strengthen my subversion tactics and hopefully awakened some fools to harness the reins of their life.

You don't gotta follow a method or scene layout. Big up to all these artist. I love you Mike D.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #286 on: April 04, 2024, 02:20:41 PM »
I feel that MJ is the father kinda. He's like the moms new boyfriend of my style. You know cuz my father is clearly Olson

I divorced Duane
(A)pl(E)

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1326
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #287 on: April 04, 2024, 04:54:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
what did MJ innovate over the last two decades? being kind of insufferable in interviews, faking your style, and padding out a part with dumb combo tricks?

edit: just to clarify MJ is super talented and has put out several parts i really enjoy but i have no idea how you could call him more innovative than one of the guys who helped shape modern street skateboarding and whose impact we're still feeling three decades on

[close]

Well, seeing that way more people could do this part in its entirety (or any MC part for that matter) than people could recreate an MJ part, I’d say MJ is objectively better.

You put MJ in this part of the world at this time, and he progresses faster and farther too, but that’s my subjective opinion.

[close]

[close]

I gotta disagree. This is the part that brought punk back into the mainstream of skatan.

It was unavoidable as the beastie boys was injecting punk into every corner of the arts and with this track they was just showing their roots.

Look at that first tour. It was fuckin Madonna the Beastie Boys and fuckin prime time Jimmy G with the best Murphy's law line up.

Idky mike chose the tune but I assume that that he liked the song but didn't know it was like an important song to the hardcore punk movement.

Especially out here. I used it to strengthen my subversion tactics and hopefully awakened some fools to harness the reins of their life.

You don't gotta follow a method or scene layout. Big up to all these artist. I love you Mike D.
I just relistened to Check Your Head to License to Ill in reverse order and my first take was wow this is pretty conscious for the time and still holds up. Then I got to the end of Paul's Boutique and it started to get trife with a trans panic bit but it's mostly passable. Finally, I forgot that they sort or present themselves as pirates I guess on License to Ill. Very ahead on the trifeometer as that stuff predates LA Gangster stuff by a few years. That Madonna tour would definitely have been nuts to see. I was a little too young so I've only seen the clips.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 220
  • sup dog
« Reply #288 on: April 04, 2024, 06:00:08 PM »
Starting to worry we’re gonna see an MJ thread pinned to the top of the board soon  :'(
Fuuuuuck… don’t say that  :-\
Another brand new account coming in on some absolute fuck shit

grandslam

• Rep: 46
« Reply #289 on: April 04, 2024, 07:59:26 PM »
Didn’t know about all of this sketchiness with the ordering and folks not receiving product - the Instagram accounts he manages are riddled with horror stories - some guy spent 850 on a piece of art and never heard a word

Fuck MJ - what a dishonest piece of shit, taking advantage of his fans who, in a lot of cases in those comments are being way to polite in hopes of not offending an idol of theirs.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #290 on: April 04, 2024, 09:36:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
I just relistened to Check Your Head to License to Ill in reverse order and my first take was wow this is pretty conscious for the time and still holds up. Then I got to the end of Paul's Boutique and it started to get trife with a trans panic bit but it's mostly passable. Finally, I forgot that they sort or present themselves as pirates I guess on License to Ill. Very ahead on the trifeometer as that stuff predates LA Gangster stuff by a few years. That Madonna tour would definitely have been nuts to see. I was a little too young so I've only seen the clips.

I missed it too. My first show was Murphy's law like a year or two later. That's like the first punk band I found on my own. It wasn't handed down to me by an older kid or family member.
My first show
Then my brothers first show
Then my other brothers last show before he passed. I'm so glad he got to see that with me. Fish bone was there so we got the full +++ experience.

Vans pulled the plug I tried to start a riot but it turned into me having a standoff with a pack of jocks in the parking lot. Luckily I scared um off and evaded authorities with my quick thinking.

Gave a couple hitchhikers a ride. They was scared to get in the car as they saw what happened but I wasn't taking no for an answer.

No witnesses left behind YO! Get in.
(A)pl(E)

Shtonk

• Rep: -342
« Reply #291 on: April 05, 2024, 03:47:00 AM »
Is he financing a road trip from the orders that are coming in?

backside_reacharound

• Rep: -215
« Reply #292 on: April 05, 2024, 04:01:34 AM »
Didn’t know about all of this sketchiness with the ordering and folks not receiving product - the Instagram accounts he manages are riddled with horror stories - some guy spent 850 on a piece of art and never heard a word

Fuck MJ - what a dishonest piece of shit, taking advantage of his fans who, in a lot of cases in those comments are being way to polite in hopes of not offending an idol of theirs.

these dudes have all hit their heads on the pavement dozens of times to produce all the video parts that we know and love. turns out there are some long term side effects from that kind of damage. MJ needs a business manager to make sure everything runs smoothly, since he can't do that himself

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 795
« Reply #293 on: April 05, 2024, 04:48:00 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

these dudes have all hit their heads on the pavement dozens of times to produce all the video parts that we know and love. turns out there are some long term side effects from that kind of damage. MJ needs a business manager to make sure everything runs smoothly, since he can't do that himself

I don’t think it’s a head injury, I just think he’s an addict that is taking advantage of the kindness and gullibility of his fans.   Sad. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

overwaxed

• Rep: 92
« Reply #294 on: April 05, 2024, 10:00:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I don’t think it’s a head injury, I just think he’s an addict that is taking advantage of the kindness and gullibility of his fans.   Sad.

Or maybe the addiction (which you likely can’t confirm or have any real knowledge of) is a result of self medicating the myriad issues one has physically and emotionally from repeated injuries. Not to mention the childhood / young adult trauma he’s been candid about.

Unless you’ve seen MRI’s (which wouldn’t really help since most effects of head injuries are impossible to identify while still alive) or have seen a drug test or watched him use.

I think we should all have compassion and send him all the good vibes we can - and maybe not send him money.

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #295 on: April 05, 2024, 10:29:40 AM »
He did have his girlfriend (?) managing all the orders (and complaints) for a while, but he probably burnt that bridge too

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -763
« Reply #296 on: April 05, 2024, 10:36:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Or maybe the addiction (which you likely can’t confirm or have any real knowledge of) is a result of self medicating the myriad issues one has physically and emotionally from repeated injuries. Not to mention the childhood / young adult trauma he’s been candid about.

Unless you’ve seen MRI’s (which wouldn’t really help since most effects of head injuries are impossible to identify while still alive) or have seen a drug test or watched him use.

I think we should all have compassion and send him all the good vibes we can - and maybe not send him money.

It's been documented multiple times he's an alcho. In fact didn't he even say that himself?

I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in