Author Topic: Jack O'Grady's "SQUISH" Pass~Port Part  (Read 6914 times)

heinzketchup

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 51
Re: Jack O'Grady's "SQUISH" Pass~Port Part
« Reply #60 on: November 28, 2023, 02:54:38 AM »

RoughStylin

• Rep: 33
« Reply #61 on: November 28, 2023, 03:51:14 AM »
Seeing that second angle actually makes me upset that it wasn’t used. It really emphasises the size of the gap-out in a way that can’t be translated in the front-on shot.

yghartsyrt

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 165
« Reply #62 on: November 28, 2023, 04:44:25 AM »
Seeing that second angle actually makes me upset that it wasn’t used. It really emphasises the size of the gap-out in a way that can’t be translated in the front-on shot.
Dm him like a man that you are upset.

Trick is fucked no matter the second or third angle

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3253
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #63 on: November 28, 2023, 07:46:16 AM »
Harrowing and terrifying skateboarding. What a stud.

Kombuch-A-Holic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
« Reply #64 on: November 28, 2023, 08:34:17 AM »
That crook and the switch fs flip!!! Fuck yea O'Grady! Could someone please gif that switch f/s flip.

Mandatory Reload

• Rep: 74
« Reply #65 on: November 28, 2023, 08:41:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I have a low-key issue with that ender spot in that it looks kinda safe for how much drama it is being treated with (enders and QS reposts galore). Yeah he's fast and it's long but aren't the bank to one side and the flats between to the stairs relatively safe bail scenarios? Feels like there's so many much more dangerous spots in there. But maybe there's something I'm not getting.
[close]

the fact that only 3 people did a grind/slide down it says alot, every big named pro skated that spot.
i think its just really hard because you have to go super fast and gap out to it, than you have to make it all the way down because its quiet long.
i think its a lot cooler than a big ass kink rail but thats just my two cents
[close]
I second the sentiment about the grind. The gap is kinda weird, since the ledge is below your starting level. It might be safer to bail than a kink rail, but the speed and ferocity alone make this a killer ender. .
[close]

all the said things, and may I add its a very crowded spot, lots of people passing through, etc.

would also add that crook seems specifically hairball compared to other tricks for a few reasons (some already sort of alluded to):

1. the weight shifting is pretty awkward because of the gap out. he's getting on to the ledge lower than where he takes off and that's maybe fine for a 50-50 but when you're landing on the nose it's pretty awkward to shift your weight that way and end up lower than where you took off. if you've ever tried to do a crook on a really small curb this might make sense. personally, i've always found it way harder to do a crooked grind on something super short (or even below ground level) than on something taller just because of the way the weight shifts naturally when you ollie.
2. it's pretty steep. again, the weight shifting of popping from your tail to landing on your nose on something that steep is really weird, and then hanging on to it for that long and trying not to either slip out, stick and fall forward, or accidentally pop up onto the top seems super hard.
3. finally, potentially most importantly, getting shot out of a super steep incline like that on your nose in crook position at mach 10 and trying to pop out and land correctly (straighten your board and weight back to upright from the leaning forward crook position) seems so hard. feel like you would just smash into the ground super easily

Rockin Robbin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 413
« Reply #66 on: November 28, 2023, 08:58:41 AM »
You can only pull off this Olive Oyl-ass haircut if you're that gnarly.

"Bake me a pie of love" - Steve Winwood

ApesPissed

• Rep: 56
« Reply #67 on: November 28, 2023, 09:13:42 AM »
love that second angle

Ignatius J Reilly

• Rep: 287
  • often correct
« Reply #68 on: November 28, 2023, 09:47:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I have a low-key issue with that ender spot in that it looks kinda safe for how much drama it is being treated with (enders and QS reposts galore). Yeah he's fast and it's long but aren't the bank to one side and the flats between to the stairs relatively safe bail scenarios? Feels like there's so many much more dangerous spots in there. But maybe there's something I'm not getting.
[close]

the fact that only 3 people did a grind/slide down it says alot, every big named pro skated that spot.
i think its just really hard because you have to go super fast and gap out to it, than you have to make it all the way down because its quiet long.
[close]
I second the sentiment about the grind. The gap is kinda weird, since the ledge is below your starting level. It might be safer to bail than a kink rail, but the speed and ferocity alone make this a killer ender. .
[close]

all the said things, and may I add its a very crowded spot, lots of people passing through, etc.
[close]

would also add that crook seems specifically hairball compared to other tricks for a few reasons (some already sort of alluded to):

1. the weight shifting is pretty awkward because of the gap out. he's getting on to the ledge lower than where he takes off and that's maybe fine for a 50-50 but when you're landing on the nose it's pretty awkward to shift your weight that way and end up lower than where you took off. if you've ever tried to do a crook on a really small curb this might make sense. personally, i've always found it way harder to do a crooked grind on something super short (or even below ground level) than on something taller just because of the way the weight shifts naturally when you ollie.
2. it's pretty steep. again, the weight shifting of popping from your tail to landing on your nose on something that steep is really weird, and then hanging on to it for that long and trying not to either slip out, stick and fall forward, or accidentally pop up onto the top seems super hard.
3. finally, potentially most importantly, getting shot out of a super steep incline like that on your nose in crook position at mach 10 and trying to pop out and land correctly (straighten your board and weight back to upright from the leaning forward crook position) seems so hard. feel like you would just smash into the ground super easily
to add: you guys see that grate he basically lands onto? get launched into that going full speed with full commitment and you're getting chewed up, maybe destroying a finger or two

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 725
« Reply #69 on: November 28, 2023, 12:12:31 PM »
Fuck yeah, that was great.

swellbowed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 429
  • ow
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #70 on: November 28, 2023, 12:20:21 PM »
Could watch this all day

Badandoldskater

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 27
« Reply #71 on: November 28, 2023, 12:44:05 PM »
Vidya of the year

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 454
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #72 on: November 28, 2023, 02:20:05 PM »
WOW is it just me or was that the fastest a 4 minute part has gone by??

That crook made my jaw drop, that shit was insane. The roll away through the rocks at mach V, like HOW??  Just goes to show how fast skating is just so entertaining. Got me excited to see what pedro is about to drop.
Yeeesssss. I was going to say the same thing. An instant rewatch. Such a wild part.

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #73 on: November 28, 2023, 06:15:48 PM »
Jack is a world class skater who chooses to wear his hair in a 1940s/1990s middle part (or as we used to say at school, bum part).

This is very endearing.

You’re hairs looks like Shemp’s, as my father used to say.  Looking back, he was right. And for 30 years I thought he was saying my hair looked like Sh1t.  He was correct on both accounts to be honest.

double fakie ollie grind

• Rep: 5
« Reply #74 on: November 28, 2023, 06:22:15 PM »
Feel like some of his other parts have been much better but this was still great. Fifty into the gravel and gap to crook were very buck

HeapsCool

• Rep: -171
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #75 on: November 28, 2023, 06:25:31 PM »
Yep great skating, needs to rethink the hairstyle but good on him for trying something different.

one-off

• Rep: 104
« Reply #76 on: November 28, 2023, 07:04:45 PM »
interesting he was co-editor of the part, just another example of the precision he's got along with so much power??

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -597
  • who knows
« Reply #77 on: November 28, 2023, 07:31:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

what does this mean?
where is home?

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #78 on: November 28, 2023, 08:57:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

what does this mean?

I’m guessing since the obstacle is descending down, you wouldn’t get on until you’re below where you took off

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 994
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #79 on: November 28, 2023, 09:12:40 PM »
I like that he smacks hit tail going of curbs.

In my world that the first trick of every line I've ever done.

Probably why I hate skatebloarding video games.

If you can't put your weight on it and "Gimp" the curb it's not actually simulating shit. Your made a distraction from the art that actually matters.

It's wrong.

When I was a kid. No pop nollie of every curb took over Gimping for like a few years.

The original super style enhancer drug is def bang your tail and make people know you're in motion.
Ive managed to combine the two over COVID.
Now I barge and when I get close to the curb drop I fast no pop piv nollie 80 and switch Gimp.

Feels amazing but if you get your truck on it won't make a Slap noise.

Noise is most of my style.
I like to make a fuss. I can raise an eyebrow of all and every passerby first t every t simultaneously.

They can't help it. It's instinctual towards survival.

My Big ass glasses do that too. I make prey ass humans uncomfortable with my electrics.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2023, 09:20:29 PM by Uncle Flea »
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

RoughStylin

• Rep: 33
« Reply #80 on: November 28, 2023, 11:15:23 PM »

If you can't put your weight on it and "Gimp" the curb it's not actually simulating shit. Your made a distraction from the art that actually matters.

It's wrong.

When I was a kid. No pop nollie of every curb took over Gimping for like a few years.

The original super style enhancer drug is def bang your tail and make people know you're in motion.
Now I barge and when I get close to the curb drop I fast no pop piv nollie 80 and switch Gimp.

I like to make a fuss. I can raise an eyebrow of all and every passerby first t every t simultaneously.

My Big ass glasses do that too. I make prey ass humans uncomfortable with my electrics.

This is one of the dribbliest things I’ve ever read.

breezer

• Rep: -19
« Reply #81 on: November 29, 2023, 12:16:35 AM »
only one trick in a bucket hat?  I'm disappointed

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 447
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #82 on: November 29, 2023, 03:03:42 AM »
Bum Part up top, Sick Part down low

Lucky_Basek

• Rep: 58
« Reply #83 on: November 29, 2023, 03:27:31 AM »
Bum Part up top, Sick Part down low

Perfectly put

MeanestCleanestPenis

• Rep: 40
« Reply #84 on: November 29, 2023, 04:05:08 AM »
Be pretty up for him a SOTY

Frank Sobotka

• Rep: 60
  • We used to make shit in this country, build shit
« Reply #85 on: November 29, 2023, 04:21:54 AM »
This part had absolutely no chill about it whatsoever, just straight up carnage from the get go. Had to re-watch it immediately it was so good. Good music too.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 643
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #86 on: November 29, 2023, 06:54:00 AM »
imagine he just sat on that footage from 2 years ago and released it all this year. he would have won soty for sure. thats why its kinda dumb...

i am not really understanding how people are saying that crook was easy / low. shit looks high as hell to get on then low as hell to get off, two hardest possible combinations  ;D
ONTARIO CANADA

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -597
  • who knows
« Reply #87 on: November 29, 2023, 07:02:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

what does this mean?
[close]

I’m guessing since the obstacle is descending down, you wouldn’t get on until you’re below where you took off

thank you.

I'm honestly suprised at the amount of people making it sound like this was some earth shattering part.  cool part, a couple crazy things, but like, saying its part of the year over so many better ones, liek Rob Pace, is bonkers
where is home?

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 994
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #88 on: November 29, 2023, 10:21:01 AM »
Expand Quote

It's wrong.

[close]

This is one of the dribbliest things I’ve ever read.

Whateva dog.

You just Jello that you didn't get to name the Gimp
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1247
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #89 on: November 29, 2023, 11:34:24 AM »
Yep great skating, needs to rethink the hairstyle but good on him for trying something different.
As I bald, I have to find inner peace and not lose my shit seeing what some are choosing to do with their locs.