Author Topic: Swim Skateboards (Terp and Plunkett)  (Read 11928 times)

Giocattoli Inutili

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 1
Re: Swim Skateboards (Terp and Plunkett)
« Reply #90 on: December 22, 2023, 06:37:04 AM »
When King puts out a video, which is surely coming, then the criticism will probably fade.  But, now, when you have pretty much no content coming out (two minutes of TJ footage and few IG clips in over a year) and graphics that are generally perceived as weak, what can you expect?  You get people excited and then put out almost nothing for a long time, shit is going to get talked no matter who you.  Hopefully, he is taking his time to put the team together and get enough footage to make something good.  It could easily be worth the wait.

Regardless, it is absurd to compare King and Swim.  King with the right effort put into it could easily be one of the biggest brands in skating, while Swim is a just passion project by two pros at the ends of their careers.  Expectations aren't the same. 

zahed

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: -24
« Reply #91 on: December 22, 2023, 07:09:45 AM »
what's the story with how terp got involved with FA? he seems so out of left field to be involved with that crew. big fan of his skating.

MC3

• Rep: 129
  • "That's a Helluva price to pay for being stylish!"
« Reply #92 on: December 22, 2023, 08:08:10 AM »
what's the story with how terp got involved with FA? he seems so out of left field to be involved with that crew. big fan of his skating.

AVE and Dill teammates from AWS. I think he was probably one of the first FA riders?

His skating always really spoke to me. I think it's his arms. He's also helped me with a concrete project I was struggling with and I DM'd him like a man and gave some helpful advice.
(Cool Trick GIF)

GOKU

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
« Reply #93 on: December 22, 2023, 07:59:27 PM »
I was trying to think “what’s that old drug website?” just the other day and this thread reminded me. Thanks guys! Also, it’s nice to see Kevin Terpening skating, kinda assumed he’d faded away never to return.

$$LESH

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Rep: 164
« Reply #94 on: December 22, 2023, 08:31:01 PM »
ryan connor’s is on now hell yeah

Democratic Republic Of Mongo

• Rep: 115
« Reply #95 on: December 22, 2023, 08:43:59 PM »
The Plunkening

let’s go home

• Rep: 35
« Reply #96 on: December 22, 2023, 11:38:51 PM »
Hell yeah!

easymoneysniper

• Rep: 40
« Reply #97 on: December 23, 2023, 02:12:09 AM »
proof? i fw ryan connors. he's like the only local homie to make it pro. hell yeah. fuckin rips too. like Dilo but evil. evil Dilo

Mother Goose.

« Reply #98 on: December 23, 2023, 02:21:32 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

AVE and Dill teammates from AWS. I think he was probably one of the first FA riders?

His skating always really spoke to me. I think it's his arms. He's also helped me with a concrete project I was struggling with and I DM'd him like a man and gave some helpful advice.
plus ohio, jimi britches(?)

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 720
  • Free Max B
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #99 on: December 23, 2023, 05:53:36 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Were you not skating yet at the time? if so that’s cool, but Terp was on workshop the last 2 years it existed and left with Ave and Dill. Other than the supreme kids (who were still unknown outside of Tompkins) he was part of the original FA lineup. I would like to know what the hell happened between then and now tho, because I doubt there’s bad blood. He probably worked at the FA warehouse packing boards until he realized how low the bar to be pro is today VS 2013 and decided to make a little bread.
Maybe the hulkamania font is lowkey proof this is the 3rd FA company that Austyn Gillette quit all his sponsors for just to get donvito’d…
SomeoneWhoIsntMe skateboards is a pretty funny name. I’d drive a 8.75…Shouts out to erowid.

Free max b
FREE MAX B

Shifty Flip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #100 on: December 23, 2023, 05:57:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Were you not skating yet at the time? if so that’s cool, but Terp was on workshop the last 2 years it existed and left with Ave and Dill. Other than the supreme kids (who were still unknown outside of Tompkins) he was part of the original FA lineup. I would like to know what the hell happened between then and now.
Maybe the hulkamania font is lowkey letting us know this is the 3rd FA company that Austyn Gillette quit all his sponsors for just to get donvito’d…SomeoneWhoIsntMe skateboards is about to take over the Erowid forums at the very least. Make an 8.75 or 8.8 and I’ll drive that shit straight to hell

Free max b

Top stain with Mimosa Hostilis root bark dye please. 

zahed

• Rep: -24
« Reply #101 on: December 23, 2023, 05:58:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Were you not skating yet at the time? if so that’s cool, but Terp was on workshop the last 2 years it existed and left with Ave and Dill. Other than the supreme kids (who were still unknown outside of Tompkins) he was part of the original FA lineup. I would like to know what the hell happened between then and now.
Maybe the hulkamania font is lowkey letting us know this is the 3rd FA company that Austyn Gillette quit all his sponsors for just to get donvito’d…SomeoneWhoIsntMe skateboards is about to take over the Erowid forums at the very least. Make an 8.75 or 8.8 and I’ll drive that shit straight to hell

Free max b

just wasnt paying attention. the font and stickers in the vid show it's definitely an FU

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
  • I cut my grip with Occam's razor
« Reply #102 on: December 27, 2023, 12:27:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

In my books this is THE Dan Plunkett part.
[close]

Stoked for the possibility of new Kevin Terpening footage.
Sidenote- that PlayGirl Van driving by at 3:35 belonged to a guy I knew in NYC and it always got a big reaction. I borrowed it once and a homophobic guy on the street threatened to kill me. Memories.
[close]
That impossible noseslide was crazy.
[close]

that fs flip at 55 secs was fuuuckin sick.

someone who isn't me skateboards has a nice ring to it.

Just listened to Plunkett's interview on Talkin Schmitt and he confirmed this is where the name comes from and means. The feelings of validation and love and acceptance I feel are overwhelming.

easymoneysniper

• Rep: 40
« Reply #103 on: March 26, 2024, 09:25:30 AM »

Ryan Connors officially on hellz yeah

Minigolf Fanatic

• Rep: 6
« Reply #104 on: March 26, 2024, 11:02:17 AM »
Skating to the Country Teasers is pretty dope.

grandslam

• Rep: 46
« Reply #105 on: March 26, 2024, 11:48:29 AM »

great read.
https://heckride.com/interviews/f/kevin-terpening

ApesPissed

• Rep: 59
« Reply #106 on: March 26, 2024, 12:49:16 PM »
Those Ryan Connor clips were awesome, stoked to see more from him. Easily my favorite of the last wave of enjoi ams

Second date

• Rep: 2
« Reply #107 on: March 26, 2024, 02:54:35 PM »
Yes it is! Was so stoked to hear that
My image is The Rebel himself

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #108 on: March 26, 2024, 04:34:15 PM »

Is it one of the spicy songs?

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
  • <3
« Reply #109 on: March 26, 2024, 09:51:17 PM »
Those Ryan Connor clips were awesome, stoked to see more from him. Easily my favorite of the last wave of enjoi ams

I have a couple others in mind for this brand, but pretty pumped Connor is on. Lovin this company more and more
The chillest1

alecjahr

• Rep: -109
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #110 on: March 27, 2024, 12:13:30 AM »
There was a terp interview not long ago basically saying he was doing his own thing and ave terp and dill just grew apart. No bad blood but they don’t really speak these days

bob george

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 207
« Reply #111 on: March 27, 2024, 01:21:01 AM »

Ryan Connors officially on hellz yeah

YES! Best of all those dudes that were on enjoi - so glad he is not jacuzzi affiliated. that dishpit or dipshit or whatever part was so sick. big fan over here!
that skinny motherfucker with the high voice