Author Topic: John Shanahan's Double Down Part  (Read 5964 times)

LesbianPUNCH

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 26
Re: John Shanahan's Double Down Part
« Reply #60 on: November 30, 2023, 12:07:19 PM »
So weird, I used to feel strongly distressed by his fetishism of the 90ís heyday and kinda hated him.

This is hands down my favorite part this year for all the reasons. Fakie varial heel caught me. His trick selection and spots are so dope.

YungJugg

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 224
« Reply #61 on: November 30, 2023, 03:30:50 PM »
dude has been on a fucking tear the past couple years, give the man the crown

LebowskisRug

« Reply #62 on: November 30, 2023, 03:58:37 PM »
They might give SOTY to Pedro, but Shanahan is the people's SOTY

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -597
  • who knows
« Reply #63 on: November 30, 2023, 06:42:10 PM »
They might give SOTY to Pedro, but Shanahan is the people's SOTY

I wouldnt be mad if he got SOTY, or at least a public thrasher title of "people's champ"
where is home?

Doosh215

• Rep: 56
« Reply #64 on: November 30, 2023, 07:11:38 PM »
Any other good angles for that fakie heelflip ender? Can never quite tell the size of something like that when you only get the close fisheye so it makes the kickflip onto the blocks feel like the real ender for me

Loved the song choice too and not mad at it being the same but different version of one used

I live right around the corner and posted this pic in the travel guide thread a few weeks ago when it became skateable again for the first time in years. But it's gnarly, and not only that it's right on 6th ave in Midtown and is a 10 second kickout. A lot of the time there's a security guard just standing outside right there already. If you want I'm probably going to grab a sandwich from the place across the street tomorrow and I can take a couple more pics. 

facebook post picture size

chudzinski

• Rep: -2
« Reply #65 on: November 30, 2023, 07:19:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Any other good angles for that fakie heelflip ender? Can never quite tell the size of something like that when you only get the close fisheye so it makes the kickflip onto the blocks feel like the real ender for me

Loved the song choice too and not mad at it being the same but different version of one used
[close]

I live right around the corner and posted this pic in the travel guide thread a few weeks ago when it became skateable again for the first time in years. But it's gnarly, and not only that it's right on 6th ave in Midtown and is a 10 second kickout. A lot of the time there's a security guard just standing outside right there already. If you want I'm probably going to grab a sandwich from the place across the street tomorrow and I can take a couple more pics. 

Iíd appreciate a few more pictures. But, what kind of sandwich are you going to get?

Doosh215

« Reply #66 on: November 30, 2023, 08:05:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Iíd appreciate a few more pictures. But, what kind of sandwich are you going to get?

Hopefully this badboy!

how to add logo html

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 653
« Reply #67 on: November 30, 2023, 08:18:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Hopefully this badboy!

how to add logo html

Gnarred for the spot pic and delicious sandwich choice/pic

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #68 on: November 30, 2023, 11:08:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Hopefully this badboy!

how to add logo html
[close]

If possible, it would be great to see a pic of the sandwich at the spot for the size comparison of both
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

lurkluke

• Rep: 144
« Reply #69 on: December 01, 2023, 03:11:56 AM »
Bloody loved this.

Jim and Dan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 463
  • Pure East
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #70 on: December 01, 2023, 04:19:13 AM »
So good, truly a champion of the people and seriously one of my favorites of the last couple of years.

Nollie noseblunt off the bump to picnic table at FDR is fucking mind-boggling...
Roll for Rusty, Frip, Dapple and Tate

Ross Norman - Last of the Mohicans

MtnDoucheBag

• Rep: -87
« Reply #71 on: December 01, 2023, 05:10:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Hopefully this badboy!

how to add logo html
[close]

[close]

If possible, it would be great to see a pic of the sandwich at the spot for the size comparison of both

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 114
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #72 on: December 01, 2023, 05:56:23 AM »
is the song choice a double down diss on Rowan?
In his bunt interview, he talked about how he was trying nollie inward heel bump to can also..

ToySanta

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 101
« Reply #73 on: December 01, 2023, 08:56:07 AM »
I loved Shanahanís ďgimmickĒ early on, even though I know I canít pull it of myself. The commitment is real! But he has the skills and the love to back it up and he looks great on a skateboard. Itís cool to see him get more shine.

Nollie noseblunt at FDR, the noseblunts to fakie, front crooks too - great frickin part right here.

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2133
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #74 on: December 01, 2023, 10:50:12 AM »
Wow.
Finally got a chance to watch this: what a visual tour de force.
Top shelf skating & as smooth as you please.
The use of the Ramsey Lewis track by Panabianco was a lovely touch & really made the edit somethin special for me.
Kudos, John & Brian.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Doosh215

« Reply #75 on: December 01, 2023, 12:20:30 PM »

You can see the sandwich spot Global Kitchen in the first pic lol. I'm not even sure these pics really do it justice. Going at this thing straight fakie is bonkers. You kinda have to curve at an angle so that you don't hit the stairs and the drop isn't small. The second rail is about level with where you pop so you've really gotta clear that thing. If you miss the pop at all going fakie you are absolutely toast. And it's right across from multiple security booths so I can't imagine you're getting more than a few tries. I saw a group of guys roll up and try to skate the out ledge right next to it the other day and they were getting kicked out before they even got a try in. But they're also morons for trying to roll up 10+ deep and skate a Midtown Manhattan office building in the middle of the work day. Fakie heel is fucked and definitely ender worthy.

Owen

• SLAP Pal
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #76 on: December 01, 2023, 02:18:41 PM »
Thanks for the photos. That is a really gnarly trick for that spot
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

UnPinchedFrontCrook

• Rep: 2
« Reply #77 on: December 02, 2023, 05:00:09 PM »
Favorite skater for sure. The FDR clips were the icing on the cake of all his footage this year. The Ollie up to gap to crook is probably my favorite clip since it's barely even a spot. My SOTY and the true peoples champ.

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1133
  • old and in the way
« Reply #78 on: December 02, 2023, 05:41:23 PM »
Iím a Fanahan <3

c-dock

• Rep: 4
  • Lurker
« Reply #79 on: December 02, 2023, 05:42:33 PM »
The best skaters are from Jersey

fred durst biggest fan

• Rep: -8
« Reply #80 on: December 02, 2023, 07:11:10 PM »
The best skaters are from Jersey
Truth. John is from Pennsylvania though

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3254
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #81 on: December 02, 2023, 07:18:55 PM »
Shanahan is amazing. I love that someoneís fit that isnít attached to all of that NY Supreme/FA garbage is getting people talking, too.

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -445
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #82 on: December 02, 2023, 09:09:24 PM »
What else has even been done on that ender spot? I remember Ollie/switch Ollie or kickflip like 20 years ago and nothing since.

Guys parts have some of the highest rewatch value

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

backside_frontside

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -281
« Reply #83 on: December 03, 2023, 07:38:36 AM »
Thanks for the pics! I never realized that you have to clear it at an angle to avoid the stairs. Interesting detail that makes the trick and spot even gnarlier

WarmUpZone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 436
  • I hope God makes you break your leg.
    • the Warm Up Zone - watching skate videos over and over avatar image
« Reply #84 on: December 03, 2023, 07:53:44 AM »
What else has even been done on that ender spot? I remember Ollie/switch Ollie or kickflip like 20 years ago and nothing since.

Crazy Monk in Shorty's Guilty (2001)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2023, 08:00:37 AM by WarmUpZone »
Warm Up Zone. Let's watch some skateboarding videos.

OGmike

• Rep: 2
« Reply #85 on: December 03, 2023, 10:22:27 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

a few years ago they changed the ramp and made it bigger !!

Not A Damn Chance

• Rep: 89
  • Banned from Slam
« Reply #86 on: December 03, 2023, 01:03:45 PM »
Pappalardo ss flip 0:19

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=C744bDyoR14

Pappalardo also ss flipped the over rail in Mosaic that Shanahan 3 flipped over in this part.

Owen

• SLAP Pal
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #87 on: December 03, 2023, 02:30:24 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yes!!! I figured that this was the same spot but hadn't gone back to check
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 127
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #88 on: December 03, 2023, 02:54:19 PM »
John has been more productive than 98% of working skateboarders for like 3/4 years straight. I struggle to think of anyone that produces more footage than him or shows up in more edits, esp. in the east. Really inspiring.

Hard to see him as SOTY but that has more to do with the Thrasher brand than John. But he's easily one of the best dudes out.

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211