Author Topic: Mystery box expośe-I’ll show you mine, if you’ll show me yours….  (Read 4277 times)

Eric Dolphy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 524
Re: Union skates MYSTERY BOX FOUR $200 Experiences/PSA
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2023, 11:29:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The items themselves aren't that bad/kooky (minus the Hockey mask), but you cannot in good conscious call that $200 worth.
[close]
Yeah fr
Maybe OP you should message them and say “hey, did you send me a $100 mystery box by mistake? Because this ain’t adding up to $200”
[close]
This. Union is run by good people. It might just be one dude even. The last time I ordered from them and something went wrong, he personally hit me up and tried to solve it for me. Definitely appreciated that and I doubt they were intentionally trying to screw you over.
[close]
Worth a try, OP. It def seems like $100 box! Good luck :)
[close]

Excellent idea, thank you.

Emailed Union, asked if they had sent a $200 box, and sent pictures. They did respond quickly. 🙂

Here’s what they sent:

You used a $100 discount code on it. So yes it’s a $100 box. Stores and brands use mystery boxes to get rid of stuff that isn’t selling as well usually. So I cannot send a ton of stuff for that little. I hope this makes sense.
Jordan

Omfg nahhhh that’s not how a discount code works. No Jordan, it doesn’t make sense. It’s misleading your customers. That’s just buying a $100 box
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

krookedjuice

• Rep: 31
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2023, 11:49:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The items themselves aren't that bad/kooky (minus the Hockey mask), but you cannot in good conscious call that $200 worth.
[close]
Yeah fr
Maybe OP you should message them and say “hey, did you send me a $100 mystery box by mistake? Because this ain’t adding up to $200”
[close]
This. Union is run by good people. It might just be one dude even. The last time I ordered from them and something went wrong, he personally hit me up and tried to solve it for me. Definitely appreciated that and I doubt they were intentionally trying to screw you over.
[close]
[close]

Emailed Union, asked if they had sent a $200 box, and sent pictures. They did respond quickly. 🙂

Here’s what they sent:

You used a $100 discount code on it. So yes it’s a $100 box. Stores and brands use mystery boxes to get rid of stuff that isn’t selling as well usually. So I cannot send a ton of stuff for that little. I hope this makes sense.
Jordan
[close]

Omfg nahhhh that’s not how a discount code works. No Jordan, it doesn’t make sense. It’s misleading your customers. That’s just buying a $100 box

it really doesn't, especially connsidering if you just ordered $200 worth of stuff you'd have got $100 off.

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 218
  • sup dog
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2023, 11:55:11 AM »
Black Friday usually means discounts, not “mystery box of full retail stuff you may or may not want. SURPRISE! Hope you enjoyed.”

Damn :/ sorry, was rooting for you.
Another brand new account coming in on some absolute fuck shit

BL0B

• Rep: 414
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2023, 02:18:16 PM »
that's wack!

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1100
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2023, 02:24:18 PM »
My coworker wants to know what would have happened if you used the discount on the $100 mystery box. Would they have sent you only $50 worth of stuff?
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

the_dangery_bois

• Rep: 61
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2023, 03:19:01 PM »
At skate warehouse or tactics for $110 you could have got the exact same amount of stuff, but you could have picked all of it and you’d get a sheet of jessup instead of a mask.

I own a little upholstery shop.  I can’t afford discounts, so I don’t offer them.
Simple as that. The answer to tight budgets is not stiffing people on a promotion you don’t want to honor.
That is pathetic honestly.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1596
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2023, 03:31:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Yeah fr
[close]
[close]
[close]

Here’s what they sent:

Jordan

Wait, so were you charged $100 or 200?
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 966
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2023, 03:44:49 PM »
I did put a union box in my cart. Happy i didn’t pull the the trigger.

I bought a homebase mystery box in 2018. I rember it being decent. I know I posted about it here.

Girl mystery box was decent one lame shirt, one nice one. The decks were whatever

Dgk mystery box was fine. 2 decks and a 2 logo shirts. Which were cool. I wasn’t stuck with some cringe tee.

I’ve been thinking about pulling the trigger on a theories box. And a primitive fleece 4pk

I’d be interested in knowing others mystery box pulls.

I want some of that afro samurai shit. That's a sick colab. Those web belts look sick.
I miss that record. I should try to get that one back.

Pants is my next goal tho. I burnt out my main pair. I'm ill picky with pants. I should probably see if any homies have the Levi job or hook up.

Get up with some raw ass denim fits.

I used to have the red line hook up at Bobby's. I never bought a pair like that tho. I like 90s black raw shit.

Or it's camos. Navy blue chinos are cool too.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2023, 03:45:49 PM »
This all would've been avoided if the shop had just indicated that the discount code wasn't applicable to mystery boxes (but if that were the case you probably wouldn't have bought the mystery box in the first place)

freidnly guy

• Rep: 18
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2023, 04:57:35 PM »
Posting this from the sale thread, this is even more dismal. I'd be disappointed if I even paid $50, $100 is a swindle,
thinking you are getting $200 worth this is absurd.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Just got mine and the same damn thing.  1 deck,  a hockey Covid mask, 1pr sock , 1 vans shirt.  That’s it.  Shit is a bust and have to assume the shop is going under to rip people off like this. It’s maybe 100$ worth of shit.  This is my last union order.
[close]
lol post a pic. Seems like stuff they should have just thrown in with big orders.

My condolences, but this is pretty bad

Imagine wearing a vans tee with lakai socks. I’d pay 100 bucks to not. I’m second hand sad. Officially worst of sale gear thread
[close]

Here is what to expect when you order a $200 mystery box from union.  What a joke.  Can someone tell me what kind of board this is?

Lessfillingtastegreat

• Rep: 54
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2023, 06:39:04 PM »
That’s my shit.  Can’t believe they wrote that back. Fuck union. Ima hit up my CC and see if they will refund for fraud. Worth a try. 

For reals tho, this is flat out wrong. Fuck Jordan and his shit shop.  Flat out scam. 

8.1 Drift -  venture 5.6 , Jessup, SFF  54mm Swiss ceramics  -https://imgur.com/a/WlDgenx

LebowskisRug

« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2023, 08:28:03 PM »
What is the appeal of mystery boxes given the comical board sales we see? It seems people often end up with price point decks and clothes they would never want to buy

Lou Skunt

• Rep: -2
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2023, 11:07:56 PM »

Lou Skunt

« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2023, 11:40:18 PM »

I will also be asking my cc company for a refund. I recommend everyone do the same.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2023, 12:40:27 AM »
Wonder if anybody here in the UE does mystery boxes
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2023, 05:36:56 AM »
I miss the Joes Junk mystery boxes that one pal was selling on here, I got a wild pair of dead stock vans and a flannel in mine.

ayyyy maybe i'll bring them back some day who knows!
good come sausage

breezy_again

• Rep: 50
  • Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation
« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2023, 06:27:32 AM »
this is unacceptable

OldGrayandMongo

• Rep: 10
« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2023, 08:41:37 AM »
Well that's absolutely dogshit customer service.  Between Insta, Google reviews and places like Slap I'm surprised someone thinks it's a good idea to run a scam like this on folks, especially in this economy

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • sup dog
« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2023, 10:43:37 AM »
Don’t go requesting a refund. Dudes trying to run a business. Just take your L and complain, but don’t go also asking for a refund unless you’re going to ship it back to him.

And to be frank, that Thanks23 code came from the forums here where it might have only been intended for a limited audience (his best customers). Maybe he was annoyed that the code got out for everyone to take advantage of?

But PLEASE correct me if I’m wrong, and show me that he advertised publicly that he would give $100 off $200 value.

Lessfillingtastegreat

• Rep: 54
« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2023, 10:53:38 AM »
Following up. 

Hit the shop up on insta and they responded quickly and provided a reasonable solution. All I did was reach out. I recommend doing the same if you find yourself in similar situation.

Yes, they got it wrong on the communication regarding the sale. They are getting it right on the service recovery. 

Heard this shop was legit on SLAP.  Even tho they fucked up, they are making it right. They could just blow it off and not do anything at all.  If all goes at planned I would shop with confidence in the future. They also expressed how they could have done better. 

8.1 Drift -  venture 5.6 , Jessup, SFF  54mm Swiss ceramics  -https://imgur.com/a/WlDgenx

BL0B

« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2023, 11:54:07 AM »
Don’t go requesting a refund. Dudes trying to run a business. Just take your L and complain, but don’t go also asking for a refund unless you’re going to ship it back to him.

And to be frank, that Thanks23 code came from the forums here where it might have only been intended for a limited audience (his best customers). Maybe he was annoyed that the code got out for everyone to take advantage of?

But PLEASE correct me if I’m wrong, and show me that he advertised publicly that he would give $100 off $200 value.

nah, it's on the shop owner to resolve these types of issues before they ship. don't wanna honor the coupon code that knocks a $200 mystery box down to a $100, ok but don't ship people $62 worth of shit and call it a $200 or even a $100 mystery box.

you know shops can exclude certain items from their sales and coupon codes from working on all sorts of things. no advertisement needed, when the coupon works on the items in the cart and the customer pays for those discounted items, that's a deal! and i mean deal in the offer plus acceptance sense.

Lou Skunt

« Reply #51 on: December 08, 2023, 03:47:31 PM »
Got a very apologetic dm from union and they are righting the situation, which I appreciate. Seems like a good guy after all and I will continue to support the shop as much as I can.

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 718
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2023, 10:05:42 PM »
How are they righting the situation? You getting 55 more Hockey Covid masks?
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

BL0B

« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2023, 10:39:30 PM »
How are they righting the situation? You getting 55 more Hockey Covid masks?

single Addias sock and the extra sock from an Anti-hero 3-pack + one pair of Cariumas, size 6.5.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 966
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #54 on: December 08, 2023, 10:43:38 PM »
I feel like it's always best to exhaust communication attempts with a shop or small brand. Be patient and seek a solution.

Requesting an immediate refund might be aggressive same with burning them down on slap. Unless you're dealing with like skate one or supreme or some heavy weight place that fishes up river of skating too much.

Maybe they had a hangover from Thanksgivin?

Everyone is entitled to a mistake or two and shops keep the scenes alive we shouldn't final business away from them unless it's 100 an unfixable thing
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

lulz

• Rep: 50
« Reply #55 on: December 09, 2023, 12:24:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Yeah fr
[close]
[close]
[close]

Here’s what they sent:

Jordan

Update, looks like they’re trying to make it right.

lulz, 12/7 10 pm:
Hmmm. So if I ordered 5 pairs of spitfire radial fulls, for about $200. Used your $100 off sale, then you would only send 2.5 sets of wheels? That doesn’t make any sense.

Union, 12/8 7 am:
No, so product in a mystery box product is already discounted. It’s my fault for not being more clear when hosting this sale. But it’s meant for actual product only. The items you got combined are probably $175 or more in individual purchases.

Box 4 at $200 would get you like $300 worth of stuff and sending that much for $100 wouldn’t be to good.

On my web site I use square space and on the editing end which again is my issue, I cannot exclude them when I host sales like that because they don’t belong to a certain category.

If you would like to return the goods you can, or if there’s anything else I could do to help you out please let me know. I really am not trying to take advantage of anyone or to be taken advantage of over the mystery boxes.

I could send you a coupon for a specific item you would want or something like that as well. But mystery boxes within themselves are discounted so stores and brands can get rid of stuff that’s not new or doing as well compared to other inventory.

Union, 12/8 11 am:
I also would like to mention, I should have reached out before fulfilling your order and all misunderstandings from my end. No excuses by any means. I’ve never created this situation before, so it’s a lesson learned on my part. I could also send you another board and another small item or two as well.
Let me know what you think.
Jordan

lulz, 12/9 11 am:
Thank you, I appreciate that. Another board and stuff would make it a $200 box to me.🙂

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #56 on: December 10, 2023, 10:46:51 PM »
If the individual items are already discounted and that's why they're being thrown in the mystery box, isn't the argument that he should have thrown MORE product in based on the shop's marked down prices more valid? In other words, discounted product in mystery box should = more product included to meet the target value of the box, no?

All of those items that Pals posted at MSRP or discounted do not equal $200 anywhere in the USA before tax. That's the thing I'm getting hung up the most on is that he objectively did not include $200 worth of product in a $200 mystery box, regardless of unintentionally deceitful communication/set-up for the sale.

I wish him and the shop no excessive harm as long as the customers who bought those boxes get compensated appropriately.
Super Champion Fun Zone

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • sup dog
« Reply #57 on: December 11, 2023, 10:21:26 AM »
If the individual items are already discounted and that's why they're being thrown in the mystery box, isn't the argument that he should have thrown MORE product in based on the shop's marked down prices more valid? In other words, discounted product in mystery box should = more product included to meet the target value of the box, no?

All of those items that Pals posted at MSRP or discounted do not equal $200 anywhere in the USA before tax. That's the thing I'm getting hung up the most on is that he objectively did not include $200 worth of product in a $200 mystery box, regardless of unintentionally deceitful communication/set-up for the sale.

I wish him and the shop no excessive harm as long as the customers who bought those boxes get compensated appropriately.
Can’t argue with that, actually. Yeah discounted merch equals more of it…

Mystery boxes are fun if you get stuff that would actually be cool to be surprised, but even if you got unwanted stuff, it could still be useful/a little cool.  Not a yard sale.

Like if the box had just one piece of pro signed merch would be cool. A “surprise” item that even if the rest was junk, you’d be stoked to get something that might just be worth the value paid for the mystery box.

Lesson learned though… mystery boxes should not be trusted unless it explains it somehow before purchase. Unless you are a gambling fiend and can’t help rolling them dice.

mrselfdestruct

• Rep: 10
  • fresh
« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2023, 08:42:59 AM »
bought the 2 pair of shoe mystery box from krudco. $80 for two pairs so i dont really care what i get. hopefully the rowan 2s because i wanna try those
Mrs Elf is a pretty cool name.

And Mrs Elf destructing is even cooler.

Pasta Monster

« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2023, 10:26:36 AM »
bought the 2 pair of shoe mystery box from krudco. $80 for two pairs so i dont really care what i get. hopefully the rowan 2s because i wanna try those
Two pairs of shoes from the $40-50 range is probably what you’ll get.