Author Topic: Does anyone actually care about Adidas  (Read 5420 times)

Monolithic Flick

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 3
Re: Does anyone actually care about Adidas
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2023, 02:03:39 PM »
I'm too old to care about style.  But Adidas shoes just seem to fit my feet better than other brands.  The Tyshawns in particular (size 12).

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2023, 02:43:59 PM »
Adidas is still really popular. There are tons of kids and younger people skating Superstar and Pro Models everywhere. Busenitz, Nora, and Tyshawn are all well liked models but the team and the public. Same thing with the Forum.

Some of their direction with the skate line lately has been questionable/more paired down. They have definitely merged Originals and Skateboarding to some degree, where it used to feel separate from the main division. Is that why you feel like nobody cares because they've cut back on their Skateboarding division presence as a whole?

NB# has taken big jumps to be as popular as Nike and Adidas, which is evident since Tiago got on. They're definitely going to be, if not already, the crowd favorite shoe brand for awhile
Super Champion Fun Zone

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 996
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2023, 02:48:17 PM »
adidas was founded by a nazi in 1949, whereas Nike was founded in Oregon in 1964. USA! USA! USA!

With all shoes made overseas....

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2023, 02:55:49 PM »
I am wearing a pair of Superstar ADVs right now. Pretty pleased with them. Also really like the Tyshawn low and mid. I lucked out and got a couple of pairs of the Campus ADVs on sale and now they are like, $100 which is too much to charge for that shoe but whatever.

Mildly curious about the Forum ADV. I might get froggy and pull the trigger on a sale pair in the next couple of days.

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2023, 03:20:34 PM »
Adidas are my go-to.  My favorite skate shoe ever was the Lucas Premier and I was pretty bummed when they stopped making them.

I have been mostly on Busenitz Vulc 2 since they stopped the Lucas.  They fit my feet well, I like the classic look, and they can usually be found on sale.  I have picked up multiple pair for under $30 shipped. 

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 620
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2023, 03:39:46 PM »
I'd care deeply if they brought back the campus vulc. Otherwise, nah

Tiltmode Army Reservist

• Rep: 22
  • RIP Ben Raemers
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2023, 04:04:47 PM »
I am a big fan of the Tyshawn Pro (the mid-top version), and am skating my third pair of those. Next in line is a pair of the "Remastered" Tyshawn Pros, and I'm curious to see how that one handles.

They could definitely benefit from some common sense direction though: Less Blondey and Dill, more Gonz and Nora. I like that people are getting colorways of the Pro Model ADV (high-top shell toe), but they should always be offering an all black colorway with white stripes, and an all white colorway with black stripes.

My Two Cents with Kent Brockman.
RIP Ben Raemers

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 218
  • sup dog
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2023, 04:15:39 PM »
The Gonz aloha supers earlier colorways were really nice.
Another brand new account coming in on some absolute fuck shit

lurkluke

• Rep: 175
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2023, 04:26:09 PM »
I've got the Tyshawn white low (with brown suede, gold accent) and keep them as a going out shoe. Love how they look and fit. I plan on getting another pair in a different colour to skate in

mamba

• Rep: 144
  • Sucka free
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2023, 06:32:50 PM »
Adidas is still really popular. There are tons of kids and younger people skating Superstar and Pro Models everywhere. Busenitz, Nora, and Tyshawn are all well liked models but the team and the public. Same thing with the Forum.

Some of their direction with the skate line lately has been questionable/more paired down. They have definitely merged Originals and Skateboarding to some degree, where it used to feel separate from the main division. Is that why you feel like nobody cares because they've cut back on their Skateboarding division presence as a whole?

NB# has taken big jumps to be as popular as Nike and Adidas, which is evident since Tiago got on. They're definitely going to be, if not already, the crowd favorite shoe brand for awhile

Nah it’s more so that I don’t see anyone skating them really and that they pulled out of all but one shop in my area so the only way to get them is through them or online which I personally think is kinda whack. Could be different in California though. Not a huge fan of the company in general.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 966
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2023, 08:21:28 PM »
They gotta bring back the shell mid with the straps and the patten leather hits. I like burgundy.

Maybe some dope colour ways of the top ten

I'm a NB mofo now tho
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

ambiguousclarity

• Rep: 11
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2023, 11:11:05 PM »
I don't care about any brand. I've no personal connection, so why would I. That said, in my experience, Adidas make decent quality shoes (Tyshawns) that fit me well enough and I can pick them up cheap. I echo what others have said, more grip would be good. On NBs (508s and 440s), in my experience, they've worn out quickly and are inferior in quality in comparison to Adidas (Tyshawns and vulc Busenitz) and Vans (Kyle Walker Pro 2).
« Last Edit: December 08, 2023, 01:04:59 AM by ambiguousclarity »

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2023, 11:32:37 PM »
Actually care about Adidas? No not really but kinda. I really don't give a shit that they don't make anything new. Bic lighters and cans of coke have been around forever because they just work right same with a pair of campus etc. it is shitty how they've been dealing (or rather not dealing) with shops and it would be pretty fucked for the fifty odd people they sponsor to suddenly lose what is probably their main source of income tho.

easymoneysniper

• Rep: 41
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2023, 12:07:20 AM »
tyshawn is cool and tyshawns are cool.

also, gustav.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2023, 12:36:28 AM »
Tbh after they killed the campus vulc the brand died for me.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2023, 02:51:04 AM »
Since we are here. What about the heel lift in the Busenitz shoe? Can I use a different insole to make it feel flat from heel to toe?
IG: @flowterspace

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2023, 03:33:03 AM »
Since we are here. What about the heel lift in the Busenitz shoe? Can I use a different insole to make it feel flat from heel to toe?
Been a while since i skated them, but if they are still same then no.

The lift is in midsole, so in order to balance it out you would have to find insoles that are more padded in toes rather than heels which i've never seen.

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 768
« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2023, 03:42:33 AM »
i had this shoe a few years back and it felt normal, pretty much all non-skate cupsoles have a bit of a heel lift. i know the busenitz is a skate shoe but it has the handball spezial outsole. so many people complain about that but i didn't feel a difference and i mostly skate vulcs.
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 711
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2023, 03:54:16 AM »

That’s literally the whole appeal of the shoe and why it stands out. People buy busenitz pros for the “on your toes” feeling. To me it’s the best flick I ever had on a skate shoe.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Badandoldskater

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 31
« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2023, 03:56:14 AM »
Love the Tyshawn mids but I only buy them when they are like 24 dollars from that outlet site.

OhioGuy

• Rep: 61
« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2023, 04:09:55 AM »
The Forum 84 ADV is a good shoe. They have sales often. I got a pair of TyShawn Remastered for $32 on their site. That alone makes them worth keeping an eye on. Times are hard.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #51 on: December 08, 2023, 04:21:50 AM »
Thanks pals, you guys are the best. Will try the Busenitz next. The problem I have with most Adidas shoes, is the inside stitching near the toes and midfoot. Those seams always press on top of my foot and hurt after a while.

Btw. I think I found the cause why my left foot feels different as my right foot. The arch collapsed sometime in the last 6 months which make my foot a bit wider and longer. If anyone has any ideas or exercises how to get the arch back, that would be much appreciated. Much love from frozen Berlin. <3
IG: @flowterspace

Frank Sobotka

• Rep: 90
  • We used to make shit in this country, build shit
« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2023, 04:41:05 AM »
Speaking of skating non-skate shoes, I always thought Stan Smith's looked like they'd be good to skate. Has anyone here skated Stan Smith's?

I've worn plenty Gazelle's, Spezial's & Samba's in my time. But I've never skated Adidas, maybe I should.

Also, Adidas will remain cool as long as they have Chewy Cannon on.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2023, 05:08:29 AM »
Speaking of skating non-skate shoes, I always thought Stan Smith's looked like they'd be good to skate. Has anyone here skated Stan Smith's?

I've worn plenty Gazelle's, Spezial's & Samba's in my time. But I've never skated Adidas, maybe I should.

Also, Adidas will remain cool as long as they have Chewy Cannon on.
Skated them a long time ago and thought they were fine/pretty good (as long as you have reasonable expectations) they're a little wierd looking down on if you don't normally wear thinner shoes. There's also an adv version which might be for skating but I don't know what the differences are

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 680
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #54 on: December 08, 2023, 06:36:24 AM »
I agree 10+ years ago or whenver that was when they first launched, they were in their own lane. I still think they are good, they just have more competition now. to me they seemed a little cooler than Cons and Nike back then, now not really (especially compared to Cons). I didn't like Vans at all back then. Lakai seemed like the quality started dropping. Es was out of the picture. I tried Axions even but they were nothing speical.

I had the Pappalardo Cons and I really liked them, but then they stopped making them. I only skated Busenitz exclusively, I had 4 or 5 pairs before switching off of them. It helps when a shoe lasts for a long time and you can get really used to it etc. Cons didn't realize this yet that people just wanted the non skate models with proper soles etc. but I would have kept buying the Pops shoe.

I had the Tyshawns and they were great shoes. I found them a tiny bit narrow for my feet but other than that basically a perfect shoe. Theres just so many other awesome shoes now that i am interested in. If Adidas was goin to send me a box though I would definintely fuck with Noras and I would fuck with more Tyshawns and more Busenitz, like I could easily just skate either of those 2 shoes the rest of my life and be 100% fine.

Pastasash

• Rep: 74
« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2023, 06:47:35 AM »
Loved when they came back out with the skate line and campus vulc was THE shoe in the early/late 00's. Then for a while kinda glazed over them since their team edits stopped pumping out for a while or didn't feel as special.

But they've been a great brand all around, esp in the (soccer) football world and with good runners/lifestyle shoes like the OG ultraboosts and lately I've been digging the brand again.

They're going back to keeping classic models and CWs in the rotation, they usually do good collabs (Palace, POP, skateshops, etc) their team is sick and doing tours again, and they give plenty of pro models/CWs to riders often.

Latest releases look great, I'd wear all of these shoes forever, they seem timeless and tasteful to me IMO. Skating Navarez Pro Model rn and it's a great shoe.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2023, 08:41:11 AM »
I think adidas is doing fine, they still make good shoes, they have their lane of classic silhouettes which isn’t moving the dial because it’s been a presence in skating for awhile now and maybe not on trend…..

It took new balance ten years to pop and who knows how long it lasts…..ASICS….marketing and hype…maybe? But so what? 

Unfortunately skateboarding looks to shoe brands to keep things interesting, when the big shoe brands look to skateboarding for inspiration……

twic3

• Rep: 16
« Reply #57 on: December 08, 2023, 09:55:41 AM »
I like skating leather shoes and its nice that adidas always has a simple white/black option available. We dont need crazy new colorways every 1-2 months, just keep the offering simple and consistent.

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2023, 10:09:26 AM »
I don't like their adv skate line at all. I don't want a shoe that comes with a tongue with little to no padding in it, which also makes them fit like shit with the extra room on top of foot. I really like the originals line and am lurking for a pair of campus 00s to go on sale.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

dstrytruitt

• Rep: 105
« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2023, 11:25:05 AM »
I don't skate them because they don't really fit my feet but Gonz and Nora are two of my favorite skaters so I dig Adidas' support of the skaters they have on their team. However...they really fucked over shops and reps so I'm just not a fan of their approach to skating at a higher level. A tragic, really.