Author Topic: Does anyone actually care about Adidas  (Read 5408 times)

Luddite

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
Re: Does anyone actually care about Adidas
« Reply #60 on: December 08, 2023, 02:50:18 PM »
I like skating sambas but the brand is pretty boring. They should scoop up Josh Wilson if DC is really done.

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
« Reply #61 on: December 08, 2023, 04:12:13 PM »
I care a little because forum's work pretty well for me.
Both adv and non skate ones. 

The brand is not exciting but I find them unavoidable, outside of skating
I wear alot of adidas shoes, work exercise life n shit.. 

sid vicious

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #62 on: December 08, 2023, 10:55:35 PM »
Puigs are the best. Tyshawns are good too.

Adidas went downhill after Scott Johnston left.

Where he at now?

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #63 on: December 09, 2023, 02:17:05 AM »
I am a Busenitz only wearer for skating. Got the Kader shelltoes for recreational purposes, too.

Adidas are dope ever since Run DMC dropped "My Adidas".
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

danmasontree

• Rep: 10
« Reply #64 on: December 09, 2023, 04:11:52 AM »
I only skated the Busenitz Vulcs for years up until a few years ago. Been switching it up since with converse, vans, and nb

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 711
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #65 on: December 09, 2023, 04:42:54 AM »
Puigs are the best. Tyshawns are good too.

Adidas went downhill after Scott Johnston left.

Well, most of the product you're seeing now are from when he was still around (brands work on the seasons 1,5 years ahead usually).

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

sbr

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #66 on: December 09, 2023, 06:27:44 AM »
A good chunk of their shoes are a bit too narrow for me, but I back the Aloha Super and Shmoofoil slip ons. I went through a 2 year patch of getting corns and blisters from every shoe I tried and these two seem to work for me and are pretty damn comfortable. The Alohas are also worlds lighter than most skate shoes I’ve had and the materials feel a lot more premium than other shoes in the $100 price range.
Small man, big board...
IG: s.b.r_

flintstagram

• Rep: 84
« Reply #67 on: December 09, 2023, 09:16:44 AM »
They should bring back the suciu.

I skated and enjoyed the suciu 2, but that insole was a fucking sock ruiner. If they would put fabric over that insole instead of just the blue foam/rubber/grippy whatever the fuck, it would have been near perfect. I ended up buying the cheapest dollar store insoles I could find to put something in between my sock and those insoles that would allow me to put the shoe on without a fight.

With that said, my heart belongs to nb# these days. So no, I don’t care much about adidas, but for a moment, they were certainly a big deal.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #68 on: December 11, 2023, 01:15:49 PM »
Quick question to those of you who skated or wore the Busnitz with the long tongue. Does the plastic around the heel get a bit softer and flexible after time? I like the fit of these so far except for the heel part.
IG: @flowterspace

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #69 on: December 11, 2023, 01:31:27 PM »
Quick question to those of you who skated or wore the Busnitz with the long tongue. Does the plastic around the heel get a bit softer and flexible after time? I like the fit of these so far except for the heel part.
In my experience it doesn't
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #70 on: December 12, 2023, 01:20:53 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
In my experience it doesn't

Yes I guess the point of it is actually not to get softer.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 717
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #71 on: December 12, 2023, 02:12:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Yes, I like their shoes and videos.  I can also say with certainty that some of their "non-skateboard" shell toed all stars  have lasted me skating for an absurd amount of time compared to skate shoes of any brand.
[close]
I've heard this about a few of their skate models, where the non skates are heaps better for skating.

I also don't know how the original busenitz has become such a staple and some people's main shoe to skate. Thing does not grip, and the heel lift feel dangerous.
[close]

Lino cutter or razor blade some new grooves in there for these and the Nora’s and they skate so much better
[close]
I'm not in the mental space where I am willing to cut grooves into skate shoe soles to have them be functional. Not saying I would never be in that mental space, but not yet.

You know… I’m happy for you and one day hope to be in a better spot.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

finecojeffe

• Rep: 129
    • Fine-Co avatar image
« Reply #72 on: December 12, 2023, 05:58:02 AM »
I like Adidas and pretty much always have. Even before they ever had a skate line I would skate stan smiths, or shelltoes. Right now I find the Nora to be a nearly perfect skate shoe. They arent the best for chilling though, but for skating I love them.

I would really love a Silas 1 reissue.

kook1234

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
« Reply #73 on: December 12, 2023, 06:35:04 AM »
I like Adidas and pretty much always have. Even before they ever had a skate line I would skate stan smiths, or shelltoes. Right now I find the Nora to be a nearly perfect skate shoe. They arent the best for chilling though, but for skating I love them.

same - also want to add that non skate Stan smiths skated better (lasted longer) than the advs.  if I had to run the ninja warrior course, id do it in a pair of Busenitz with the long tongue

Im not sponsored by Adidas but I still ride out for them

Chef BoyAmIHungry Jr.

• Rep: 3
« Reply #74 on: December 12, 2023, 07:43:45 AM »
I only care about em for the Forum mids/highs cause my blown out ankles need em - for decades I'd only skate in Dunk highs (with ankle braces on too), but they've been so hard to come by that it forced me to try some Forums, and I'm never goin back!  Soles last at least 3x as long as dunks, and grip just as good, but for me the main thing is the ankle support/heel lock is just insanely good. Can finally sk8 w/out my fuckin ankle braces for the first time in decades (I'm an old ass mufucka).

mamba

• Rep: 144
  • Sucka free
« Reply #75 on: December 13, 2023, 01:20:42 PM »
I like how this thread has just kind of turned into a general thread for Adidas shoes. Kinda surprising that Adidas didn't have one of these in the Shoes and Gear forum. Even Asics has one.

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 717
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #76 on: December 13, 2023, 01:36:49 PM »
    Expand Quote

[close]

same - also want to add that non skate Stan smiths skated better (lasted longer) than the advs.  if I had to run the ninja warrior course, id do it in a pair of Busenitz with the long tongue

I’ll use this post to get on my soap box and suggest that adidas skateboarding should make a cupsole campus
    For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
    • Rep: 142
    « Reply #77 on: December 13, 2023, 01:36:51 PM »
    I like how this thread has just kind of turned into a general thread for Adidas shoes. Kinda surprising that Adidas didn't have one of these in the Shoes and Gear forum. Even Asics has one.

yea good feedback on the Busenitz, I usually go to the adidas store and look for the marked down adi ease, they remind me a lot of the janoski's

dumptruck12

• Trade Count: (+3)
    • Rep: -104
    « Reply #78 on: December 13, 2023, 02:07:41 PM »
    Whack thread

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
    • Rep: 968
      • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
    « Reply #79 on: December 13, 2023, 03:06:09 PM »
    Fuck those shoes. 90% bad. In my experience the shells are it. The team is everything here. The only reason they stay in business.

Converse does shoes way way better.

Back in the day we thought it Was sick seeing Jahmal in that adidas commercial. He was skating the propped up block down the waterfront.

We hated those og skate shoes. But that shit was cool. Definitely a peak moment.

And

We all thought it was sick when shells was only available at marshalls. Even Elissa mentioned that time in interview as a stand out shoe era.

The mid with the strap is probably one of the best shoes in history.

But they don't give a shit what was good. The era ended when they discontinued the shell.

Today

They're working in concert with DB to tear up your ankles ligaments or break your tiny little ankle bones in the name of old silhouettes on box springs and mass suffering. As you scream for more.

Hail Satan wheres my Gold Ankle Cast Award!
    Fuck their feet hahaha. Hail the dark lord yes!!

Adidas is #4 of the big 4 it's definitely because they're overpriced and have no impact protection in any model that I know of.

They're too busy being in competition with vans and their biters for the most painful pointy toe dog mess pile for you to step into.

If think with the average team age they would me more into New Balance country by now.

Whatever yo. Being #4 scammer in the world is something I guess.

Probably in league with big pharma and synthetic ankle replacement. Gonna make us all like mo
    Plz stop killing each other
    (A)pl(E)

Willie

• SLAP Pal
    • Rep: 306
    « Reply #80 on: December 13, 2023, 03:17:31 PM »
    I think Adidas almost always have a great silhouette and nice uppers.

The lowers are usually trash. Outsoles are ok on vulcs but terrible on cupsoles. Midsoles are also shit. Even when there’s a proper foam midsole, there’s nothing in the forefoot. Often, they don’t even have foam insoles but rather a rigid rubber scaffolding.

It’s crazy how persistent the mediocrity has been.

Ricky Vaughn

• Rep: 265
    « Reply #81 on: December 13, 2023, 05:54:01 PM »
    Busenitz pro all day son
    Tell the world to eat my dick
    I’m a prick motherfucker
    Life Hell Tough shit
    I’m the bic motherfucker

OhioGuy

• Rep: 61
    « Reply #82 on: December 13, 2023, 05:56:14 PM »
    What’s the difference between the ADV and regular Forums? I have some skate ones, but there’s some grey ones on sale for $54.

I only do no-complies, so durability doesn’t really matter to me.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
    • Rep: 968
      • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
    « Reply #83 on: December 13, 2023, 06:55:50 PM »
    Busenitz pro all day son

I'll pray for you yo
    Plz stop killing each other
    (A)pl(E)

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
    • Rep: 242
    « Reply #84 on: December 13, 2023, 07:49:49 PM »
    bring back the 3st.004
    no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
    • Rep: 478
    « Reply #85 on: December 14, 2023, 03:31:22 AM »
      Expand Quote
      Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I’ll use this post to get on my soap box and suggest that adidas skateboarding should make a cupsole campus

They did. They had a series of Campus ADV in the last 4-5 years I believe. Took a modernized version of the OG Campus sole and made it more tech on the bottom and added a heel guard thing. They later removed it before they slowed down or stopped (not sure which as I haven't seen new colors in awhile) production on the shoe altogether.

Now, they botched these as there was a mixed reaction to these. Not faithful enough but also not too tech and new direction enough to be different in its own and good way.

Would be cool to get a proper skate version of the 80s Campus in regular rotation, just like how they made Superstars a staple. I'd also enjoy a skate version of the puffy Campus, personally.

See the Campus ADV photos here:

Super Champion Fun Zone

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
      • Rep: 501
        • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
      « Reply #86 on: December 14, 2023, 03:43:11 AM »
      Reckon these dudes do

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
      • Rep: 510
      « Reply #87 on: December 14, 2023, 06:04:40 AM »
      I find most of their shoes ugly tbh, and the majority are way too narrow/high arched for me to wear anyway. 

No idea how or why people skate shelltoes, worst flick possible. 

The Forums might fit me well, but the asymmetrical toe piece, lace up pattern, exposed tongue section is so hideous, can’t think of a shoe with worse look factor factor.

I like the look of Alohas, but the weird ass Gonz doodle chunky grip pattern doesn’t look functional at all.

So no, not really.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #88 on: December 14, 2023, 07:08:52 AM »
      Honestly Adidas and Nike are sorta similar. Nike mostly sells Blazers and Dunks, now they have the Janoski back. The Janoski and Busenitz are both simple classic looking pro shoes that each brand does. They both dabble into other pro shoes but not many stick around the market and both bank on limited colorways. Actually Adidas has more pro shoes than Nike.

My issue with Adidas is quality. The Puig Indoor is known to be a super fragile quick wearing shoe. Sambas aren't much better and feel a lot like a 440. Based on durability there's no need for me to buy something else.

A few years back Adidas bought Five Ten and fired all the original employees. They tried suing to get the rubber compound, which they didn't get and lied that they did. Construction of the shoes and gear went wayyyyy downhill to where the brand and the entire Terrex line aren't relevant. They seem to have shit the bed on other lines at around the same time. The ideas are good but the execution is bad because they don't seem to prioritize using materials that actually deliver a solid, durable, quality product. It's just shoes of a generic level.

I had some 3ST that I actually loved. That line was great to skate.

vacakaka

• Rep: 1
      « Reply #89 on: December 14, 2023, 09:11:51 AM »
      I get down with Adidas more than other skate shoe companies, but I do question at times where they're running with the brand. They hav a stacked team for the most part but would love to see an "odd ball" in the bunch.

Now on to shoes: Considering getting Addimatics(Maite-they dummy cheap sale), alohas, and Stan smith ADV's. Anyone know about the durability and on the Stans. I like the sambas but they are little narrow for my foot.

Thoughts on the revamped Tyshawn lows ????