Author Topic: Julian Davidson of Emerica  (Read 40825 times)

figureitout

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -142
Julian Davidson of Emerica
« on: December 13, 2023, 05:14:28 PM »
As per his Instagram post. That was pretty short lived, I figured he would be there until he hung it up? I thought Emerica was a perfect fit for both parties?

He’s been on Cons, Etnies, Emerica, NB flow where else to go?

My guess is Clearweather with Evan Smith? Or perhaps Hours…

@EmericaTM whats the deal? Maybe you’d rather not speak on it, that’s ok too.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2023, 05:21:21 PM by figureitout »

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 259
Re: Julian Davidson of Emerica
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2023, 05:18:23 PM »
4 years?!    Feels so recent.    Something makes me think this won’t be the last

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2323
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2023, 05:19:16 PM »
Are these guys ever actually "excited for the future," or is that just more of an insta-speak for " I'm resigned to whatever opportunity comes my way next" type of thing?

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1294
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2023, 05:23:53 PM »
Are these guys ever actually "excited for the future," or is that just more of an insta-speak for " I'm resigned to whatever opportunity comes my way next" type of thing?

my personal favorite is "the next chapter"
reminds me of those choose your own adventure books, but you cant turn back the pages of life, no matter how green the lens filter or how many Gs are in your insoles

guydog

• Rep: 11
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2023, 05:40:38 PM »
I hate to see it. He just had a gamma colorway too that looked good. First @EmericaTM, now Julian. I wonder who’s next…

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2023, 05:57:28 PM »

have you ever gone through a serious breakup or gotten fired and your first thought was, "I'm excited for the future?"

yeah, me neither.

Southernmost

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2023, 06:05:02 PM »
I hate to see it. He just had a gamma colorway too that looked good. First @EmericaTM, now Julian. I wonder who’s next…

Damn, didn’t know Tim Cisilino was already of. Wonder if more riders are gonna start leaving or contracts ending/not being renewed. Looks like the industry is hurting with no end in site.

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 319
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2023, 06:56:01 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Damn, didn’t know Tim Cisilino was already of. Wonder if more riders are gonna start leaving or contracts ending/not being renewed. Looks like the industry is hurting with no end in site.
Wait Tim is out? When did this happen? Wonder who is gonna run the ship.

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -3
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2023, 07:14:36 PM »
Julian Davidson has always been one of those guys I see as talented but just never got the hype of. He’s always kind of just been there.

If they’re cleaning house I can see Leabres, Aceves (is he still on?? Their website says so), and Erick being Of soon.

Local skater

• Rep: -29
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2023, 07:21:50 PM »
Hasent he been working on a emerica part for ages? Hope the footage comes out somewhere

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 778
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2023, 07:23:46 PM »
Hasent he been working on a emerica part for ages? Hope the footage comes out somewhere

BHADW2
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -203
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2023, 07:27:04 PM »

I would love it if someone said ‘fuck, what am I gonna do now? I have a car note and no health insurance’

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2023, 07:38:27 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I would love it if someone said ‘fuck, what am I gonna do now? I have a car note and no health insurance’

Did Sandolva say something alongs these lines when Fallen went under?

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 231
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2023, 07:53:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

He made an IG post recently. Huge loss for emerica.

edit:

Tireeedd

• Rep: 87
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2023, 08:22:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

He made an IG post recently. Huge loss for emerica.

edit:

will this be the fall of emerica everyone predicted when reynolds and jerry were pushed out?

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 558
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2023, 10:38:05 PM »
He seemed like their go to guy to show off a product no one was buying, I bought some of their OJ shoes because he had the ad in them.

Made Chapter 3: Death of Emerica

Shortys Hardware

• Rep: 115
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2023, 10:45:01 PM »
Emerica instagram posted him only 2 weeks ago so i wonder how out of the blue this is and for Tim..

creep3000

• Rep: 2
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2023, 10:48:31 PM »
I think he has some sick opportunity coming up.

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 99
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2023, 10:51:21 PM »
He seemed like their go to guy to show off a product no one was buying, I bought some of their OJ shoes because he had the ad in them.

Made Chapter 3: Death ofto Emerica
ironically enough, he and jeremy were supposed to share the next made video. this really worries me about jeremy’s spot on the team being that he just hurt his knee again a few months back for the 4th time.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

Murray Hewitt

• Rep: 56
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2023, 12:28:09 AM »
Just a theory but maybe he quit. emerica maybe did paycuts or was in solidarity with Tim.
He was filming for an emerica part and Baker has a Deathwish 2 is on the way.
Feel bad for Rob Pace, may have hopped on a rapidly sinking ship.
Spanky, it’s time to depart. Boss could get him on NB.
The fact that emerica are bringing out the spanky high with no G6 midsole is a crime. NB would never stinge on tech like that.

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2023, 12:58:57 AM »
If they are cutting corners, this makes sense. I like Julian, I really do, but I cant imagine there are many people buying a product with his name. Emerica is my favourite brand, and I follow all they do, and everytime they release something with Julian, Im surprised he is there too. Hope he has a job lined up, I dont think he can be a pro skater in this day and age.

Shuh

• Rep: 0
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2023, 01:53:15 AM »
Now it depends on what Spanky and Hoban would do,even either of them leave basically Emerica is done for

GershonSweaty

• Rep: -3
    • @_moreinformation avatar image
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2023, 03:51:23 AM »
Spanly on Cons

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 501
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2023, 04:21:14 AM »
He seemed like an odd choice at the time I remember when Emerica was making moves and coming up again after Reynolds leaving. Good skater obviously but doesn't really add anything to the team or fit any sort of aesthetic. Hopefully they put someone else on in his place rather than just start slimming down.

That Tim IG post reads more like he left rather than got the boot. Maybe a new opportunity came up, he's not exactly a nobody in the industry. But maybe someone on here knows more IDK
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

devils acrobat

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 149
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2023, 04:51:49 AM »
Tim stated he was layed of in this thread

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=126465.570

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1269
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2023, 05:50:19 AM »
I just hope spanky goes to NB since last resort said no. Hours is yours seems like it could be the case too unfortunately

MareVitals

• Rep: -39
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2023, 06:07:39 AM »
I liked his skating but this makes sense if you have to trim the fat. I will continue to fuck with Emerica as long as they have spanky but aside from him their roster feels stuck in 2010 or some shit and they really need to get with the times. Rail dudes with tired approaches to skating (Rob Pace is an exception). Everybody keeps pushing NB or some other big three but those brands are super vanilla to me.

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 655
  • Free Max B
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2023, 06:10:26 AM »
Emerica used to be the shit. I need to get a pair of MJ1 retros before whatever umbrella picks up soletech consolidates everything and just makes some Payless quality vans ripoffs under the name Etnies. Maybe sheckler as a legend and a couple current contest kids will get free shoes. Like zoo when they kicked off everyone but steez ortiz and a couple random flowbros after being acquired by another big group.

Spanky on NB with Reynolds sounds like something theyre already talking about regardless of what’s going on at emerica. That would be dope.

eS reboot could have been good if they had the right amount of money and had access to original molds of shoes people actually wanted. Never saw them on anyone who didn’t get them for free tho.

There was def a time when accels were as popular if not more than blazers/ dunks are now (not sneaker heads actual skateboarders)… but that was close to 20 years ago

Free max b
FREE MAX B

Wienerboy

• Rep: -105
  • Hey you're really cool and definitely not a kook
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2023, 06:26:42 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

have you ever gone through a serious breakup or gotten fired and your first thought was, "I'm excited for the future?"

yeah, me neither.

On the contrary, I've felt excited about both before. Was let go of a shitty corporate job and was excited about what I'd be doing next after such a soul-sucking gig. Same with another menial job bartending at a shitty joint in Brooklyn that ended up closing down.

After a breakup with my girlfriend in NYC I was sad for two second before thinking, "I'm about to be single in NYC for the summer... possibilities are endless".

Sometimes good things coming to an end are just good.
If my rep is ever an even number, please kindly throw me either a kook or a gnar in order to return me to my odd number equilibrium.

manysnakes

« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2023, 06:45:04 AM »
I just hope spanky goes to NB since last resort said no. Hours is yours seems like it could be the case too unfortunately

Yeah, I heard the same thing via the Gifted Hater rumor mill. Emerica is over, Spanky tried to get on Last Resort but it's so cliquish that even he couldn't pass muster, and he's heading to NB sometime after the new year.

Probably it's a good time to turn this thread into the "End of Emerica?" conversation.