Author Topic: Skateboarding Gravestones  (Read 1523 times)

fsbail1sttry

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
Skateboarding Gravestones
« on: December 19, 2023, 11:53:59 PM »
Recently skateboarding had some negative news coverage in my local city. A local news decided to snitch on a famous skate spot since the 90s, which was a WW2 war memorial spot.

This made me interested if there any memorials or tombstones of skateboarders that are skateable/ramp or obstacle shaped? 

Found this one but it isnt skateable.

Septa Bus

• Rep: -59
Re: Skateboarding Gravestones
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2023, 07:50:26 AM »
yeah bury me under the local skateshop mini so groms can hang up rock fakie on my dead ass
Expand Quote
This is shaping up to be Bunt of the Year
[close]
I hope you like home runs fucker

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -514
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2023, 07:53:26 AM »
I wouldnít worry about the dead people doing much, but some living people might not love it.

Gallaz For Men

• Rep: 38
  • Nice Skate Shoes
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2023, 08:38:27 AM »
There was a memorial quarter pipe at the North Hollywood skatepark for Angel Cisneros.
The last time i went it was removed.
From what i heard his friends and family put it together and added it to the skatepark and it was there for a while. My guess is that since it was added on , the city removed it- very possible a group of people lifted it as well.
I just visit there so I'm not part of that scene so it's just speculation on my part as to why it's no longer there.
I love you

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1104
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2023, 09:16:56 AM »
Emile skated a tomb in the most recent Polar video.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

D10S

• Rep: -54
  • la patineta no se mancha
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2023, 11:59:03 AM »
I was hoping this thread was about engravings in tombstones:

Here lies Darkstar, that helmet didn't do shit for us in the end...

MC3

• Rep: 127
  • "That's a Helluva price to pay for being stylish!"
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2023, 12:11:24 PM »
The best gravestone I ever saw, was in the Italian cemetery my great grandma is buried at:

Here likes Caramel Stracuzzi.
              He tried to be fair

Under that was a pair of boxing gloves.

I guess you can only try so much
(Cool Trick GIF)

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • sup dog
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2023, 01:49:19 PM »
There was this siiiiiiiick long black marble ledge that started low and went higher, at my old college.

It was a war memorial, and the campus was already no-skate bike cop patrolled… but this monument….

THIS monument would get you in deep shit and an instant arrival of cops in cars.

I was afraid of it and never skated it.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2023, 02:14:52 PM by JM »
Another brand new account coming in on some absolute fuck shit

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -220
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2023, 01:50:41 PM »
maps to the skaters stones

easymoneysniper

• Rep: 35
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2023, 01:58:57 PM »
ima nose stall the shit outta Jinns gravestone

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • sup dog
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2023, 02:17:42 PM »
No I think Jinn deserves better than that.

Definitely a foot plant tail grab shuv it.

Shtonk

• Rep: -276
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2023, 02:42:00 PM »
Anything glorifying war or violence like soldier memorials and statues of imperial shitbirds in general or status displays like fat ass Mausoleums (shout outs Emile) are fair game to me. Other stuff, like Holocaust memorials or other things commenorsting the murder of innocents, not so much. There's a controversial one here in Berlin, the multiple stairset thing Versace Plug and Giorgi always skate where Hyun did the stairset - flatground flip - stairset combo, that thing is a soviet era memorial to the Polish people murdered in the concentration camps. But it's also a Soviet status Symbol right in the middle of a huge park with plenty of Soviet insignia. So does the stalinist co-opting of innocents' deaths validate the shredding? Or should we respect a place of mourning and back off?

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • sup dog
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2023, 03:30:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
No I think Jinn deserves better than that.

Definitely a foot plant tail grab shuv it.
[close]
Itís called a blender stall you little bitches.
Then you shall be honored with a blender stall.

I really thought this thread was going to be you screaming at people ďimma put you in the ground, bitchasssss!Ē

Not far off, I guess ::)

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2023, 04:58:57 PM »
Worthington/Sacto Memorial @5:23
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NK4BjYE4YJs&pp=ygUaam9obiB3b3J0aGluZ3RvbiBjcmVhdHVyZSA%3D
*sorry didnít fuck with embedding and no idea how to time stamp.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1223
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2023, 06:13:38 PM »
Donít approve at all.  While youíre not technically hurting anyone else, itís you who have debased your soul just a little bit by disrespecting the dead.

Seems to me that because cultures throughout history and all over the planet independently worked it into their social code, itís probably an important component of human nature even if we donít completely understand why.

When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2023, 06:48:05 PM »
Donít approve at all.  While youíre not technically hurting anyone else, itís you who have debased your soul just a little bit by disrespecting the dead.

Seems to me that because cultures throughout history and all over the planet independently worked it into their social code, itís probably an important component of human nature even if we donít completely understand why.

In fairness, lots of cultures did funeral pyres, and burial is thought to have originated for more practical reasons relating to predation and decomposition.  Religious burial is just some made up shit to try to make people ok with their fear of death (to not be completely gone and forgotten, still hold physical space).  I find the taking of land to bury people to be exemplary of our short sightedness as a species.  You donít have to be a mathematician to see the problem with burying everyone whoís ever lived or ever will in a physical location on a finite earth.

Itís just one more vestige of our primitive ancestors, that we continue to normalize.  Just think of the park or open space that could exist where the urban graveyard is.  Take note of how few people are visiting the graves (most urban graveyards are long since filled and the people who knew the deceased, long dead themselves).

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1223
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2023, 06:23:43 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

In fairness, lots of cultures did funeral pyres, and burial is thought to have originated for more practical reasons relating to predation and decomposition.  Religious burial is just some made up shit to try to make people ok with their fear of death (to not be completely gone and forgotten, still hold physical space).  I find the taking of land to bury people to be exemplary of our short sightedness as a species.  You donít have to be a mathematician to see the problem with burying everyone whoís ever lived or ever will in a physical location on a finite earth.

Itís just one more vestige of our primitive ancestors, that we continue to normalize.  Just think of the park or open space that could exist where the urban graveyard is.  Take note of how few people are visiting the graves (most urban graveyards are long since filled and the people who knew the deceased, long dead themselves).

Yes, I am aware of funeral pyres.  Itís just a different way of honoring the dead.  So I guess the funeral pyre equivalent of skating a headstone would be if someone roasted marshmallows over it or something.

Donít know what about I said made you think Iím some big burial promoter.  That just happens to be the form of death ritual weíre talking about in this thread.  Iíd have the same exact thing to say if someoneÖ sayÖ hit a piŮata filled with their grandmotherís ashes.  But yes, cemeteries do, in fact, hold value for a lot of people, even if you canít understand why.

Itís just one more vestige of our primitive ancestors, that we continue to normalize.

Yes, exactly!  Except itís not a vestige. It so ubiquitous in cultures all over the world past and present.  Even some animals have mourning rituals.  Seems arrogant to just dismiss it all as a bunch of bullshit, haha.

ďPrimitiveĒ man also had friends, cuddled with loved ones, played games, made art, got/gave blowjobsÖ should we give all that shit up too? 

I guess the split between us is that I see myself as a part of nature (donít have a choice, unfortunately) while you see yourself as being above it.  Itís probably the worst thing western secularism as done to us.  As if there were some clear dividing line when all the dictates of human nature no longer apply to us.  I know youíre not able to understand any of this because youíre a moron, so this is more directed to anyone else that might be reading this.

Itís adorable btw that you think weíre going to run out of room on the planet because thereís too many dead people in the ground.  Thatís literally something a nine year old would think.

When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1050
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2023, 06:39:08 PM »
Dick Rizzo skates Grantís Tomb and Bronze 56K loves him.

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 571
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2023, 06:39:58 PM »
This is so random and idk how I even remembered this, but Donny Barley briefly shows a veterans memorial that people used to skate in BAís epicly lateríd. From 5:08 to 5:37ish. Not really a grave, but I guess it still applies.

https://youtu.be/ZW-rdtd3_7I?si=RGWEG3hUbqT4Zmop

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2023, 07:06:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Yes, I am aware of funeral pyres.  Itís just a different way of honoring the dead.  So I guess the funeral pyre equivalent of skating a headstone would be if someone roasted marshmallows over it or something.

Donít know what about I said made you think Iím some big burial promoter.  That just happens to be the form of death ritual weíre talking about in this thread.  Iíd have the same exact thing to say if someoneÖ sayÖ hit a piŮata filled with their grandmotherís ashes.  But yes, cemeteries do, in fact, hold value for a lot of people, even if you canít understand why.

Expand Quote
Itís just one more vestige of our primitive ancestors, that we continue to normalize.
[close]

Yes, exactly!  Except itís not a vestige. It so ubiquitous in cultures all over the world past and present.  Even some animals have mourning rituals.  Seems arrogant to just dismiss it all as a bunch of bullshit, haha.

ďPrimitiveĒ man also had friends, cuddled with loved ones, played games, made art, got/gave blowjobsÖ should we give all that shit up too? 

I guess the split between us is that I see myself as a part of nature (donít have a choice, unfortunately) while you see yourself as being above it.  Itís probably the worst thing western secularism as done to us.  As if there were some clear dividing line when all the dictates of human nature no longer apply to us.  I know youíre not able to understand any of this because youíre a moron, so this is more directed to anyone else that might be reading this.

Itís adorable btw that you think weíre going to run out of room on the planet because thereís too many dead people in the ground.  Thatís literally something a nine year old would think.

Hey no need to get all bent out of shape, remember be nice to people or you wonít go to heaven! 

We are actually already running out of room and have been moving people for some time, but the problem has not really hit a head yet (no pun intended). 

People dig up the resting places of Egyptian pharaohs and then drag their carcass around the globe, parading the body around while people climb all over the pyramid.  But an Ollie of a mausoleum is beyond the pale (again, unintended)?

I donít think Iím above nature btw, just some superstitions. 

Endless articles on the problems arising with running out of space, apparently people want to be buried near where they live, not in say the ample land in Siberia.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-31837964.amp

Gab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 244
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2023, 12:48:23 AM »
Thereís a granite tomb/slab/grave/ledge in one of the cemeteries here and the name on it is F.S. Smith.